Just finished this

Great soundtrack great story okay gameplay but goddam the sidequests needed some work, FUCK Life In The Sands so hard man.

Is it worthy finishing the game 3 more times to see all endings or nah?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o
youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc
youtube.com/watch?v=VDftyQ96ZVs
youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/preview
nichegamer.com/2017/01/30/nier-remaster-highly-possible-if-nier-automata-sells-like-hotcakes/
lparchive.org/NIER/bonus content/
docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>finishing a game multiple times just for the endings
Nigger just watch the endings on youtube then play something else. Or better yet go outside

Yeah. You've only seen parts of the story and the ending in the first playthrough.

Fortunately, sidequests and level get transferred in NG+ so subsequents playthroughs won't be as long.

You start halfway through on new game+ and I think it's worth playing at least two more times.

>Great soundtrack

Im constantly baffled by this claim.

>watch the endings on youtube
kill yourself immideately

The endings are fast OP, the first NG+ adds content to the story and the other go lightning fast since you're overpowered. You can save right before the third ending to get endings 3 and 4

You're an idiot.

play at least once more. It's easier since your levels carry over, but enemies stay the same. You could blow through it in an afternoon.

Is fishing supposed to be fun? because i'm liking it

youtube.com/watch?v=V1CjxQXXA7o

youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc

youtube.com/watch?v=VDftyQ96ZVs

youtube.com/watch?v=0x0-EYfwP-c

>Or better yet go outside

Go shill your pay to win garbage someplace else, faggot.

You haven't played Nier until you watch ending D.

I'm playing this right now in preparation for Automata, and because Sup Forums shills it so hard. I'm enjoying it well enough so far I guess but it isn't amazing yet. I just got to Facade last night.

I had fun with it too user, the only thing I didn't had fun with was gardening that was bullshit

>Is it worthy finishing the game 3 more times to see all endings or nah?

Absolutely yes

Facade best city desu

>route A
>it isn't amazing
oh boy you are in for a ride

The final ending would have no meaning if you just watched it on youtube

>Want to platinum Nier.
>been farming forlorn necklaces for 3 days.
>Need to also finish a new game from start to finish in under 15 hours.
>Haven't even touched fishing before.
Should I just give up? I've seen all the endings.
Upgrading all weapons is, by far, the most tedious fucking thing I've ever tried to do.

You don't have to repeat sidequest or weapon upgrades in new game +. You also start at the half way point where Neir loses his eye and shit.

>but it isn't amazing yet
That's because you're on the first run.

If you haven't at least finished Ending B then you haven't finished the game.

Have you gotten the eagle eggs, yet?
That's what made me drop the platinum despite Nier being my favourite game from the last gen.

You NEED to do Ending B at the very least, otherwise you don't understand what was actually happening in the game.

C&D can be done on one playthrough, just reload your save before the last fight to do it.

Yes. Got those about 5 or 6 years ago. Just came back to try and platinum it before Automata came out but I haven't gotten a single forlorn necklace in three days.

Awesome, this is the response I was very much hoping for. Thanks niggas.
Yeah I do like this town so far. I took the tour around on the little sand raft thing before I went to bed last night but that's it.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE SEEEEE NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I used to love that ost, I had to mute the sound eventually

Alright dudes I will finish Asura Wrath's DLC and then I will start Nier again. Love to be overpowered in vidya anyway

f

What exactly was Popola, Devola and the Shadowlord's plan? Did they need to train Nier up so that his body was strong enough for the Shadowlord to take over?

you don't have to finish it 4 times for all endings tho

the second enging is just a ng+ that starts after the timeskip. Definitely complete it as it adds a lot of new things and it's also not that long.

for the last 2 endings you have to 100% the game but you don't have to do it 2 times (unless you pick the last ending first)

At bare minimum you have to play through to ending B. If you stop at ending A you fucked up royally. You don't even know what's actually happening.

The actual final boss of the game is only in C and D though, but if you can't stand getting all the weapons or whatever I suppose you can not do it.

The correct thing to do is do C, then reload you last save, do D, and man up and do what it tells you to do.

Let's go see the world.

I made 100% of the sidequests and got all the weapons so I'm good to go right? Anything else I need?

You grew a Lunar Tear right?

Farm Lunar Tears

>do all sidequests my first playthrough
>all the grinding killed the main story for me

I only did the 51% sidequests I needed for the trophy and I felt like ending myself.

Right in the feels.

Shadowlord didn't gave a fuck anymore, he just wanted to be together with Yonah.

Devola and Popola wanted Weiss to get back his power for his union with Noir, that's why they helped the party getting the sealed verses, but in the end they also tried to stop you from killing the shadowlord as he's the one keeping the gestalts alive, but they kind of didn't calculated with the party's power.

t b h i was really enjoying most of them and didn't even mind the grinding, it was just the massive breaks I took between main story missions to grind the side missions that got me. by the time i continued the main story all emotional impact left me

Don't say that...

from what I read lunar tears are the worst thing ever

Don't farm lunar tears. Even with the system clock exploit it is not worth it. All you get is a trophy, so it's only for completionists.

I unironically love a bunch of the sidequests.

The one with the old lady in the lighthouse, the one where your only reward is listening to Popola and Devola sing a duet, the library one which was my first clue that something really wrong was going on.

I also have a real fondness for the runaway son sidequest because I feel it represents the game as a whole.

What was the point in the 2nd fetch quest then? The Shadowlord should have just taken Nier's body when he fucked him up at the end of the 1st half as well.

I guess you could wave it away as the twins were reluctant to kill Nier until they were forced into a corner.

I just need ONE Lunar Tear? Or several?

For anyone that wants some good Nier reading before Automata comes out

docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/preview

lore, developer interviews, drama CDs, character bios, a full retelling of the events that led from Drakengard to Nier, etc.

Just platinumed it a month or two ago. It's tedious as fuck but honestly not that terrible. Listen to a podcast or something in the background, it's what I did

So I don't need a single Lunar Tear to see all endings?

I missed a quest in the first half of the game but didn't realize it. I then went on to do everything in the second half, including that bullshit for the moon flower or whatever.

Not getting the 100% ending sucked so hard after all the time I put in, but I consoled myself by just youtubing it after.

Multiple endings in games is kind of bullshit when they're locked behind 100%.

ignore that guy.. you need 3, one for each ending after ending a

You need at least 5

You skipped the boyfriend mission right? The one that guy is trying to get the girl by showering her with gifts?

>the library one which was my first clue that something really wrong was going on.
elaborate?

>Multiple endings in games is kind of bullshit when they're locked behind 100%
They're not though?

I don't remember. If I saw a quest I did it, so I must've missed this one completely.

Overall Nier was still really fun but missing the 100% by one quest was such a bummer.

Will there be rereleases of the original Nier games after Automata? I really prefer Replicant over Gestalt but I can't speak nip.

Last I checked you only need all weapons to get ending C & D. You never needed all sidequests.

Maybe if Automata does really well but even then I wouldn't hold your breath

Which was that sidequest?

as for the shadowlord, it wasn't him who had to reunite with replicant Nier to start the whole project. He was already good as a gestalt as he was the only one who went thorugh the program succesfully. It was Weiss and Noir who had to unite, but Weiss didn't let himself because he didn't know shit because of his amnesia.

Also the androids had to protect the Replicants too, they didn't wanted to kill anyone untill they weren't forced to for the sake of the greater good.

The amount of time it'll take to get to each ending gets quicker and quicker as you go down the rabbit hole.
Be sure to get all the weapons to save yourself some time.

>preferring androgynous "literally sucked dick for money in the side material" Brother Nier

baka desu senpai

I bet it was because to trigger it you have to leave and enter facade 3 times and talk to the guy

now organise a petition to bring Nier Replicant in the west

Nier was already fine and there were very little differences between replicant and gestalt anyway. Tho a version where you could pick wheter you want to play as brother or papa Nier wouldn't be a bad idea.

anyway, what we actually need is a remake of Drakengard by Platinum.

>just started Route A

You are like a little baby, you haven't seen shit yet.

I'm constantly baffled by random anons' shit taste.
What a crazy world this is.

>petition
Do I look like a mustard to you?

The protagonists of games really matter to me. I just don't really wanna play as an old guy in this one in comparison to Replicant Nier who is pretty neat

Theres a lot of desperation between both Niers and desperation leads to a lot of mistakes. Devola and Popola were programmed to aid the Original Nier but they grew attached to Replicant Nier. Gestalt Nier was in the process of combining Yohna and requested Devola and Popola to bring his Replicant to him.

No, farming Subdued bracelets and Forlorn necklaces are the worst thing ever.
Growing a lunar tear is piss easy, just takes patience.

Some faggots just can't get enough of their 14 years old spiky haired anime emo kids that also happen to be military veterans

>want to make DoD fun to play while the gameplay compliments the point of the game
if anything gets remade it should be Drakengard 2 with storyline changed by Taro
or Scalebound turned to DoD4

Maybe Platinum could re-use assets that were made for Scalebound and put them to use in a Drakengard game. They already have the action and dragon riding mechanics covered.

>The protagonists of games really matter to me.
Well they shouldn't unless they're a mute self-insert in which you should drop the game.

So what are the actual differences between Replicant and Gestalt beside the visual character changes?

The only one I know is that Emil admits he wants to be Nier's bride.

also is young brother Nier selling sex is in Replicant Nier or in the novel?

nichegamer.com/2017/01/30/nier-remaster-highly-possible-if-nier-automata-sells-like-hotcakes/

>“Is there a possibility of a NieR Remaster or Re-Release?” pondered a fan to Saito, to which he responded with: “There is a very high possibility if NieR Automata sells like hotcakes, yes.”

Automata already has a fucking 94 on metacritic.

Nier Remaster can exist. Not even just a remaster, but a remaster by Platinum.

The future is in our hands. We could live in a world where Yoko Taro finally produces a bestselling critically acclaimed game.

It's in the novel. Young nier also killed a human in the story and noticed that it didn't feel different from killing a shade. The dialogue during sidequests is different for nier himself because of how brother nier becomes more cynical as his age grows while father nier's old enough to not change mentally during five years.

It's in the novel.
Also, this guy explained the character differences between them pretty well in addition to DarkId's LP.
lparchive.org/NIER/bonus content/
Just look at the things under Nier Replicant.

I think the story/atmosphere of Drakengard is strong enough even if it isn't enchanced by the feeling of you actually wanting to end yourself because of the gameplay

and yeah, they could just reskin Scalebound and get the game of the decade.

There's a few subtle differences. In Gestalt, Nier had been married and his wife died, so in a dialogue Emil asks what getting married was like, and Nier quickly changes the subject.

docs.google.com/document/d/1vEP2iZ52P-DWhQBQ2Is6R8Wjao99AGi0YuWShTvA-tA/mobilebasic?viewopt=127

This has info on everything Nier related.

The one in the mansion where they ask you to remove a shade from the library, and it's just standing there reading books.

Replicant Nier becomes much more cynical and doesnt give a shit about anything other than killing shades after the time skip. Gestalt Nier kind of just stays the same.

>Nier Remaster can exist. Not even just a remaster, but a remaster by Platinum.

Ahaha, cute

>Q: Would you allow a HD remake of NieR for PS4?
YT: I want to remake these games (not remaster). But everyone do not hope that. Because I will change everything.

well broNier grows up and gets jaded, while papa already done both

What the fuck is up with that image, why is the Shade pulling Nier's pants? What the hell?

Papa gains a little more laser like mental focus. He has some less time for people's BS and occasionally lashes out more than he used to. But yeah, he doesn't change as much. 5 years is a lot from a kid to a young man, but for a middle aged man, it's just not much time.

Fan art transcends logic.

>both niers start their story the same way

kek

I don't see anything weird about it.

>Is it worthy finishing the game 3 more times to see all endings or nah?
It's just the latter half of the game which ends surprisingly quickly if you burst through it without side quests, you don't even need to watch the cutscenes when doing your runs for ending C and D

>2nd Playthrough
>You can now understand what the boss shades are saying
>Gretel just wanted to protect the child shades from Nier after he killed Hansel
>Beepy and Kalil become friends and you see them bond only for Nier to mercilessly slaughter them
This fucking game man, already got Automata preordered, please tell me that this game stays consistent with it's quality.

I think you'll enjoy it a lot more during the second half of the game and your second run.

Stop with the PlatShit already, The games play fine as they are, Plat would just ruin Drakengard.

>Nier 1 plays fine

buddy come on now

Don't forget you can also hear what Kaine's shade is saying, so all those weird dialogues where she growls and goes "shut up" to nobody actually have context now.

>The games play fine as they are

No, and Plat is obviously the perfect pick, since playing 9S is actually relatively close to playing Caim, as in spamming a single button all day.

>please tell me that this game stays consistent with it's quality.
It's really good but in a different way, don't go in expecting NieR, go in expecting Automata.

>posting this when OP is still on playthrough 1

nigga at least spoiler that

Automata is definitely on par and mostly better