Will the Ringed City provide a fitting conclusion to the Souls series?

Will the Ringed City provide a fitting conclusion to the Souls series?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/143/?
nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?
youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It has too, otherwise it's going to solidify DS3 as the worst Souls game.

>implying 2 won't still be worse
good dlc's don't make up for a shit game

DaS 3 is mediocre but 2 is flat out bad

Probably, but I think they're going to put in a very subtle "what the fuck?" moment in it that somehow turns everything on its head.

>implying that same exact logic doesn't apply to 3

the painting woman will paint a new picture for the last residents of the world to reside while everything finally crumbles outside, in eternal darkness

if you apply the same logic DS3 is gonna stay mediocre since DS2 stayed bad

>pygmies
>dragons
>Gwyn and his family
>last demon
>Angels
>Londor sign everywhere
>possible Lloyd
Maybe.

no

No.
I predict more nostalgia pandering and recycling of assets.
Plus, they will make people pay for armor and a boss that have been the game's files since release.

There needs to be some additions to new game +. I'm at ng+11 I can't stand the fact that there is only more health/damage, but that I can cheese anything with the hollow Warden Twinblades + carthus rouge

no way, fag

>no primordial serpent(s)
Nope

There's SnakeSoul in the same NPC list that predicted Crimson Bat month before DLC footage.

Earthern Peak and Mytha from DS2 are in this, right?

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/143/?

nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/18/?

These two change the game nicely

dlc can't fix the base game

Will the painting be Bloodborne?

Yes, but there's virtually no new DS2 lore, only slutwear and few new toys. The entire area is stealth section against cursing Angel like it was with Mensis Brain in BB.

is there any chance we see these again?

We will see her younger sister but it's currently unknown how stacked is she.

No, it won't. It'll leave off on a huge cliffhanger because Miyazaki still thinks keeping the story a mystery is appealing.

>FromSoft killing their cashcow

TOPPEST OF KEKS.

Give it 2 more years and DS4 will come blazing through the village like a pissed off Frankestein's monster on fire.

CASH COW AIN'T EVERY DYING.

!!!STACKED STATUS: UNKNOWN!!!

you've made me most sad. praise the fucking sun

This really triggers me. 3 games and a bunch of dlc later and there's still nothing to resolve the fucking plot. Typical japanese design where they can't make anything new so they just retell the same story over and over and over

>ds2
>bad
im really sick of this meme, game suffers from two problems. The original switch between how the lighting was going to be to how it turned out and then the second being the lack of memorable bosses

gameplay still good, locations were good, armor + weapon variety was great, majula was nice but not better than the first games Hub better than the thirds though

the end and the usurpation of fire are both that

Might just be Mytha.

Dark Souls was never intended to have a sequel so what do you expect?

they'll most likely make more souls-like games in another universe though

which part of the plot isn't resolved

What's there to resolve? Cycles never end.

>people care about the plot
there is not going to be any resolving.
it is a dying world that gets desperatly saved over and over again.
what is there to be concluded? what do you wish for? chosen undead, bearer of the curse and ashen one standing at a bonfire clapping and saying congratulations?

I don't think that explanation works when we're on the second DLC of the third game in a series. The guy just can't write.

I don't know, they obviously are able to churn out new ideas, and given the openess of Dark Souls in general it shouldn't be fucking hard to come up with a resolution to this game that's satisfying. Dark Souls 2 was able to be something new while maintaining what the previous title did, even if DaS2 wasn't that good. DaS3 is just such a phone-in by FROM/Miyazaki with all the recycled shit in it, to the point where it's only talking point is how much it relies on its predecessors status.

That may be alright with you. But the rest of us would prefer some straight answers.

aldia's entire plotline

he is dead

>vendrich was referenced in ds3
>aldia wasn't

explain

Learn to use your shift key people

They need to add in a boss arena. It's retarded that a series known for its grand boss fights doesn't give you a way to fight bosses again except for going through the entire game. And putting down summon signs doesn't count since you have lower health, you can't solo the boss for practice, and you have to wait for god knows how long to get summoned, if you get summoned at all.

We've had PvP for ages in the form of invasions and DS2 gave us a PVP arena from the start to bypass the invading bullshit. DS3 didn't even have a PVP arena until the first DLC for whatever reason. The least they can do is give us a boss arena.

>thinking Miyazaki gives a shit about 99% of DS2

Fucking hilarious, dude.

miyazaki picks and chooses what he wants to ship with his games or sell later as dlc

They should add bonfire ascetics instead

No. At best they'll just introduce a callback to DaS or something to pander to autists.

Eh. I'd put SotFS above DS3 personally.

But yeah, DS2 is irredeemable trash.

The Real Souls Trilogy:

Demons Souls
Dark Souls
Bloodborne

The game was obviously short on development time, and that resulted in partitioning pieces of the game to sell later as DLC when they realized they couldn't fit it all in under schedule

the narrative and setting in 2 is pretty good though

I genuinely don't know why so many of you faggots hate it with a passion, unless you're riding a gay bandwagon and aren't able to recognize what a good game is anymore because it's ''not quite as good as the others are''

do they add the crimson robe from 1? I'm still mad that one of the best robes didn't get to 2 or 3 while shitstain armor sets did.

Should i even buy the first dlc?

Not liking the idea of paying 15 for 1 actual boss

Namco does that actually. Otherwise Painted World and Ringed City would have been included in the game on release day

They probably don't want another situation like in DS2 where people farmed Giant Lord for 3 days straight. People would just farm Yhorm with the Storm Ruler while wearing all the soul-increasing items.

The crimson robe's leg piece didn't even have boots making it look retarded
>inb4 foot fetish numales

the gameplay in das2 is ass, and its from top to bottom, from the durability, hitboxes, gimped lighting, all the way down to the deadzones. The game is just complete ass to play, regardless of what narrative wonders it may contain.

youtube.com/watch?v=lMFDummTtp8

you arent a real fan if you didnt buy the season pass

>Londor sign everywhere
Is the sword of avowal really a Londor sign if they stole it from the ringed city?

>tfw the darkwraiths turn out to be a corrupted form of the path of dragon covenant
>tfw the darkwraiths, path of dragon, way of white all came from the same church the used the sword of avowal as their symbol
>tfw the name of the ringed city is old londo

People keep liking to meme about this, but DS2 was referenced plenty of times in DS3.

Honestly Miyazaki probably didn't care too much about DS2 AND DS3 because he was working primarily on BB during that time - he was just overseeing those games.

always put other boots like the leather boots on and it looks awesome.

I think the PvP arena is only accessible with the DLC, so there's that.

>Is the sword of avowal really a Londor sign if they stole it from the ringed city?
This is actually a really good question. So far Ringed City seems to be completely different from Londor as they actually made a deal with Gwyn instead of trying to bring the age of hollows on everyone.

Londor most likely just stole it to fuel their agenda.

based pcbros fix all video game

How many stages will the last boss fight have?

>there's drakes and rotting dragon outside of New Londo

Das3 was ruined by rolls costing no stam and near-instant chugging. No matter how great the dlc is it will still play like a watered down bb

>People say the DLC is shit.
>It's my favorite part of the game.
>Everything about the area is nice as shit.
>Enemies are actually hard compared to base game enemies.
>Those fucking wolves pissed me off. At least they don't teleport like the dogs do.
>Gravetender was Pretty shit, I won't lie.
>Freide is the best fight in the entire series.
>I want to fuck dragon loli

>gameplay still good
I don't see it. I played it for 10 hours at release before dropping it and gave it another 3 hours for replay with the DLC, but it was just the same shit.

For comparison I played Demon's Souls before Dark Souls with multiple characters, completed Dark Souls twice and played even more pvp twinks and finished Dark Souls 3.

DS2 gameplay is just... bad, as sick as you are of hearing it.

Hopefully 5.

4 phases, 2 of them with 2 bosses

Sure but it would have been nice if your character could have had the skirt plus boots on. At least the mask looked great.

I'd imagine a lot of things in DS2 were concepts he came up with and might not have been done how he would have done them. Most of the DS2 stuff in DS3 feels like him just pulling little things he liked forward, maybe by looks/design only, rather than caring at all about the narrative of DS2.

>what is soul stream
>who is the first of the scholars

There's a possibility that Namco are the ones refusing a definitive closer. It's a profitably franchise. A Dark Souls 4, even without From's involvement would sell like hotcakes. Even if it would likely be utter shit.

And the primordial serpents are described as imperfect dragons.
Everything is fucking connected.

I imagine that he gave a few initial concepts to DS2 team (angels connected to the Abyss, cycles, evil scholar trying to break the order of a world etc) before going to BB, but DS2 team was utterly incapable of using those concepts as he wanted so he redid everything he wanted with DS3.

Fuck no.

You guys are cute.

Sounds like opinions then. I felt DS3 gameplay was even worse due to trying to mash Souls and BB together.

>evil scholar trying to break the order of a world
who is this suppose to be in 3?

Sullyvahn

I doubt most of the DS2 stuff was him actually. A lot of the DS2 things were, for better or worse, original and unlike what Miyazaki did in DS. You can see it most clearly when he came back in DS3 and did nothing but recycle content from DS1 showing not a single creative bone left for the Souls series.

The crystal sage

Sully.

>literal who patched in a year later to make the story seem deep

no thanks

He was always in the lore actually. In fact, he was responsible for half the shit going down in Drangleic similar to Sully in the third game.

>locations were good

DS2 has the most boring uninspired locations in the entire franchise, not to mention the complete lack of consistency between them.

By comparison, DS3 world is spectacular.

>concluding a series on a DLC

It's ok when From Software does it.

Any evidence of his connection to Lothric?
I haven't heard this theory before.

What if Namco gave From another year to release it for April 2017?

Will they show more of the DLC through more footage on Youtube? I don't give a shit about being spoiled, I just need this.

>Any evidence of his connection to Lothric?
Have you missed the fucking Outrider Knight in a hidden area of Archives who guards Soul Steam?
And Archives is the most sealed-off area in entire Lothric which means it was Sully who planted him there from inside while he still had access to facility.

>that makes it ok to completely ignore his plotline

So I guess we can just forget everything added ever in DLC

this.
people forget what happens when you end any das dlc.
you go back to the main game linking the fire, or not

I don't think so, or at very least if we get something else, it won't be as spoilerific as the Ariandel trailer

Remember when people were saying DS2 doing this meant it was trash?

Funny how the same people are saying DS3 doing it is acceptable now :^)

yeah either way dlc can't fix the base game, just make amends, but that's too little too late

Guess I'll just have to wait then.

28th, right?

First boss has already been spoiled, more or less.

No, I didn't miss the Outrider knight in the archives. I just thought that was a coincidence.