Why does Sup Forums hate on Platinum?

Why does Sup Forums hate on Platinum?

Is it legitimate hatred or just falseflagging? And if it is legitimate, why? All they've ever done is make excellent, challenging yet rewarding action games that have considerable gameplay depth and variety. And even the licensed titles that their B-team makes are pretty okay. They help to fund the projects the A-team actually wants to make.

Hard mode: don't call Kamiya "Japanese Phil Fish"

My only problem with it is that they getting all the credit on Nier's success, and their stupid fanbase are ruining Nier threads.

They made some bad licensed game recently that soured peoples opinions on them.
However if you hated them pre-2013 then it's probably just because they didn't play the games/sucked at playing the games.

Also people wanting games in every series to be made by platinum probably pissed some people off.

Sup Forums used to LOVE Platinum
Then they became popular
Now we hate them fucking normie garbage eating shit

Yeah, when MadWorld, Bayo1, and Vanquish came out, Sup Forums creamed themselves over Platinum.

The turning point was around the time Anarchy Reigns and MGR came out. Then, all of a sudden, Platinum was considered a meme dev. And W101 and Bayo2 being Nintendo-exclusive was like a death knell because people didn't want to buy a Wii U just to play two of Platinum's best games ever.

Aren't they doing the combat which looks 2B the only gameplay concept the game offers.

Vanquish, Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Metal Gear: Revengeance were all fun games that I've enjoyed. I don't get the hate sometimes directed towards them.

When CEMU stops sucking things will start to turn around.

They're high polished shovelware.

Legend of Korra, Transformers, Star Fox all sucked. All their games just feel samey to me now.

I don't get the hate. I only really understand it if you just weren't a fan of action games period.

From Bayonetta, if not Madworld, to Bayo 2, they pretty much kept cuhrayzee/character action/whatever alive. They're extremely talented and have carved out a niche in making spectacular action games with the spectacle of God of War. Not only that, but they're geniuses at programming and developing games, being able to work miracles in a short amount of time.

About the only real issue they have are the recent blunders with TMNT and Star Fox Zero, not to mention the cancellation of Scalebound and the old president stepping down.

But from what I hear, Nier: Automata is good, so it's not likely that they've lost their touch.

>pretending star fox is a platinum game
>not mentioning tmnt

I don't hate them but 80% of their library feels very similar and I don't much care for it.

Also Vanquish 2 when? I really hope it isn't a Switch exclusive

Here's how you win every platinum game: spam the invincible dodge, mash buttons when everything goes slo-mo, repeat until you win.

I love a lot of their games, but they really need to change things up a bit, it's gotten stale.

Transformers is good.

>they suck because the B-team made a couple of licensed games!
It's like judging FromSoft solely on Dark Souls 2.

I feel like they can't innovate without their big names Kamiya and Mikami

Probably never without Mikami. We'll get a PC port if we're lucky (and one for Anarchy Reigns if we're luckier).

what?
Sup Forums sucks platinum's dick even though all of their games are generally a 7/10 at best with bayo 1 being an 8/10

Minus slow that's every hack slash.

>The good Platinum Games sold like shit
>MGR paved the way for shovelware
>Bayonetta 2 is WiiU exclusive

After Bayo 1, Anarchy Reigns, and Vanquish they have went to shit.

Anarchy Reigns was part of a genre niche so small it's practically one-of-a-kind. And it sold like shit. It kind of feels like PG has to make the same type of action games just to get some sales.

The point is that Platinum is stuck with every of their game having a "Witch Time" mechanic

You can disable it in both bayonetta 1 and w101. Duno about transformers and neir.

does Sup Forums hate musou games since they're all the same.

>All they've ever done is make excellent, challenging yet rewarding action games that have considerable gameplay depth and variety
No they haven't, they've made 3 games like that, the rest are shallow cash grabs that ape their original IPs gameplay but somehow worsen it. Platinum isn't a good dev, they struck gold one time and haven't been able to do it since.

Vanquish, mgr and tw101 aren't like bayonetta.

They have at least 5 great games:
>Bayo 1-2
>Vanquish
>W101
>MGR
Considering they're only a 11 years old studio, that's fairly good

>They have at least 5 great games:
>List 4

Wow, I didn't know there's a single game called Bayonetta 1-2

They are designing everything in the game and hiring the writer and composer from Nier, and no, there are side quests and other things too.

all their games are the same boring combat

I don't know for anybody else but for me personally is because they make the same game over and over (and as games go it's not even very good) and their main guy is a pretend chad dickhead.

Their best games feature women MCs.

Because they keep putting out shit. Literally everything after MGRR was just awful.

does Sup Forums hate platinum?
as of now i think Sup Forums is just indifferent to them
they were once the most loved developer a year or 2 ago
everyone was hoping their favorite serious would crossover, but then Platinum actually did different IPs and those games sucked...
and then Star Fox Zero sucked
Scalebound got cancelled
though Nier 2 looks good, but i feel like people forget that game is made by Platinum since the 1st one wasn't

The combat is the best part at least for me. that other crap better not be tedious,

Theyre busy pushing shovelware by reskinning there Bayonetta/ Revengeance engine so increase capital to fund bigger projects.

If only Crapcom had a lick of sense, they should give them a $100,000,000 deal to have them develop a sequel to Godhand, Devil May Cry V, and a Stryder game.

They would easily see a $150-200,000,000 return on investment, and better brand noteriety.

Because they don't port their good games to PC, we only get shovelware like Korra and MGR

Not to mention letting Platinum develop DMC x Bayonetta. But Capcom is retarded so it would never happen.

tw101 is better than mgr Heck transformer better than mgr.

It's the other way around, ex members of Cavia are hiring Platinum to do the combat, the game is being directed by Taro, not just fucking written.

I love platinum but capcom doesnt need them for dmc5 if the director of 4 is still with them.

The only thing DMC5 need is Itsuno with a sensible deadline and budget
The guy make DMC4 during 1 year on a new engine for 3 platforms. If Capcom's giving him 2.5 years like some anons said then DMC5 has a lot of potential

Idk much about platinum
I see them in a good light because MGR was fucking amazing

Dmc5 needs to hurry so platium can start using more than 10% of their power.

From an interview I read, that's not exactly true either. Rather some representatives from SE came to PG's office and basically asked "do you think you'd be interested in developing a game based on any of our IPs?" and a new guy in the company said he'd love to do a new NieR... and somehow everybody went with it.

That sounds so stupid

Well it's either that or Taro commission some guys from fanfiction.net to write a LN

these

basically just shitposting faggots

>Their best games feature women MCs.

He's talking about Kamiya.