What's your opinion on the upcoming 1080ti, Sup Forums?

What's your opinion on the upcoming 1080ti, Sup Forums?

>over $700
>previous, regular 1080 dropping below $500

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5yJUNyOS95o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not over 700

I like it. Picked up a 1080 for cheaper than I was expecting, and $699 for that kinda power is damn affordable.

Mind you I don't plan on buying a TI, but then again I don't need it. The 1080 is overkill for what I want as is, but for others. Neat. If I had disposable income and nothing else to burn it on I would have waited for the TI.

Gonna grab a twin fan version as soon as it becomes available. Dad needs a new GPU his 9800GT is showing its age, so imma grab this and give him my 970.

You know it's going to be shit on by Vega 10 at $600 in two months right?

it will be over 700

Considering the alternative facts and half truths they pushed on for Ryzen that turned out to be MEH at best.... Nah

>previous, regular 1080 dropping below $500
what are the rest of the 1000 series dropping to?

The 1070 is dropping below 400, 1060 is around 250.

I was honestly expecting them to price it at $900 or some shit, so I guess it's not that bad. It's still expensive and I'd need to get 2 of them for a real upgrade, I'll wait for Volta/Navi most likely, unless I spot a crazy deal or something.

Old EVGA GTX 680 died on me a couple weeks back and I've been scrounging money to buy a new one. Was thinking about another EVGA model, maybe a 1080SC since it's the cheapest on the market right now and has the same performance as the founders edition.

Might get the ti though. In my mind, it'll last a lot longer than my 680 did and run most future games at ultra 60+fps.

tfw waiting for bannerlord before i upgrade
planning on building an entirely new pc, this one is like 3 or 4 years old and it was my first one, no bully

>I'd need to get 2 of them for a real upgrade

What do you currently have?

you should wait user
that 760 is still a good

i plan to, theres not anything out that's very graphically demanding that I'm interested in right now

no point in spending money now on hardware I don't need when everything will be cheaper in time

I'm getting one for my new build. Money isn't an issue, but $3000 is around what I want to spend on my new build. Not including the monitor.

good to know your not a shiller user

1080 SLI

>spending $2000 on no games meme box

No one on Sup Forums was hyped for Ryzen because they thought it would win in single threaded shit, the general consensus a full year ago was Ivy Bridge IPC and 4.2ghz on air, it exceeded the IPC expectations but clock speed was right on. It was obvious it was going to clock low, fucks sake the pipeline depth is only 11. Work shit we do use tons of threads, and cheap eight cores with SMT is fucking excellent. The fuckin SMT scaling out of Ryzen is especially amazing, not IBM tier but it's a full 9% over Intel's implementation. Naples with eight fuckin channel memory is going to wreck the server space. Yeah the design is weak for HPC because AVX-256 is only at half rate, but the Zeppelin "APU" is meant to cover for that.

Few months back a bunch of Sup Forums kiddies just saw our puke shitposting and decided excellent for servers and workstations would mean excellent for muh gaymes. Your shit hobby attracts idiot programmers who get pressed into virtual sweatshops. The type of fucks who got into programming explicitly to make "muh gaymes". The type of guys who wouldn't understand mutexs and locks even if they spent a year grinding on it.

That said anyone buying an Intel processor now before the price drops come is braindead.

Oh and if the OEMs come through, especially Apple, then the APU is going to eat the laptop market alive. Ryzen uses in the range of 20% less power than Intel for the same performance. GCN is already more power efficient than Gen, and the variable width SIMD shit in NCU is only going to widen that gap.

>PCbros spend $700 on one component
>STILL not capable of 4k gaming

Enthusiast anything is always expensive. It's not like there's anything cheaper that runs UHD games better than one of these.

Sorry, we dont want to be cucked

Vegas target is beating the 1080 at price point. They won't bother touching the TI.

neither is the ps4pro

>829€ in Spain for the base model

wew lad

Im gonna grab the 1080, the SC or FTW model from EVGA, they start at 595€ and tops at 649€, fair enough for me, at least its not Australia where everything cost 1,000$+

A $400 PC is capable of 4k
youtube.com/watch?v=5yJUNyOS95o

>this is what PCbros actually believe

It's a little thing called optimisation.

Well considering there's no such thing as 4k gaming yet anyways it's a bit silly. But next year's offerings aren't guaranteed to finally allow 4k gaming either.

someone really loves sony, eh

>no games meme box
Oh, all those things I've been playing on it for the last 15 years must not have been games. I wonder what they were then.

No, what they really love are all the free (Yous) you people give him for posting a single image.

4k upscaling is not the same as 4k native user. The game is rendered at 1080p and then blown up to 4k. That's like saying a minivan is faster than a ferrari when the minivan is doing 60mph and the ferrari is doing 45.

Just like Poolaris was supposed to shit on 970/980?

Just like Ryzen was supposed to shit on i7's? When the top Ryzen CPU couldn't even beat a mid-tier i5?

The PS4 pro uses checkerboard rendering to upscale 1440p, only a few titles like skyrim run at a native resolution.

stfu faggot you can definitly play in 4k with a 700 bucks gpu

The 1080 Ti is coming out soon and easily is 3 times as powerful as any console just lol

ohhh. makes sense

Fury X is already close to the 1070 at 4096 shaders at 1050mhz, Vega 10 is already confirmed to run above 1500mhz, with the same 4096 shader count. Considering they're also making a big deal of resolving the pipeline bubbles that plagued Fiji due to the scheduler not scaling well (45% more computational resources than Hawaii, 25%~ more performance), a 1080 Ti range product is very much in reach.

>buttmad pcbros

>Specs are the only thing peeceeucks talk about on Sup Forums

Really made ya think

bupid strogposter :DDD

>optimization is this magic bullet that can somehow propel AAA games into native 4K/60/ultra despite garbage hardware
>optimization doesn't exist at all on PC

>M-Maybe if I-I call t-them buttmad, t-they may s-stop calling me retarded

Planning to get one.

It does shit on i7s for computational tasks hue. Already explained it above.

I don't care. This is Sup Forums not Sup Forums.

Why would you pay that much for a graphic card?

You can get a PS4, Xbox One and Switch for that price

What games does PC have anyway? Some mapcoloring RTS autism simulators and indie "quirky spoon" type of crap?

PC gaming is not worth it imho

you know what I do when I see these threads?

I turn 360 degrees and walk away. Pure fucking cancer

I paid 500 for a GPU and can play 4k what are you on

yes those are the only games on pc

>what games does PC have anyway?

Pretty much everything

>tfw bought a 1070 a month ago

>What games does PC have anyway? Some mapcoloring RTS autism simulators and indie "quirky spoon" type of crap?
Every multiplat may as well be PC exclusive

Also fuck you, RTS games are fun.

>Ryzen uses in the range of 20% less power than Intel
If you're saying that in reference to laptops, Intel already has really fucking low wattage CPUs though. It'll offer 15-30 more minutes of battery life or something miniscule. Not enough to market hard to normies, so they'll more than likely keep going with whatever they're already going with for those mass purchase savings.

thats still getting a gpu that performs the same as a titan x for $500 less. once amd release vega and prices drop even further then 4k will become affordable and 2k 144hz will stop being a meme

1/10 for getting me to reply

So when will you guys play Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War 4, Las of Us 2 and the new Yakuza? If I look at the Steam Topsellers I have to laugh. There is not a single AAA exclusive for PC in the last five years.

PC has entire genres that are virtually absent on consoles, like strategy and mmos.
>inb4 "those don't count because (insert opinion here)"

waste of money go around to some microcenters and go INSIDE and ask them if they have any used or new 980ti i got mines for 300

Its what ive been waiting on to upgrade.

Gonna do a full system upgrade since mine cant keep up with the maximum for most games nowadays. Though its been pretty good for a first build.

>AAA

So why did the best rated strategy game of this year get released for console? Makes you think huh

>Horizon Zero Dawn, Red Dead Redemption 2, God of War 4, Las of Us 2 and the new Yakuza?
When the PS4 emulator arrives

>virtually absent on consoles, like strategy and mmos

b-b-but muh f-final fantasy

>Going off ratings

ISHYGDDT

>i5 2500K
nigga even the non-k ver is fukken gud
you dont need to upgrade that cpu
you can wait for the next-gen intel cpu or buy ryzen

Wait for Vega

Is a 1080 even worth it for 1440p gayman?

I'll be building a new PC this summer and am not sure whether to go with a 1080 or 1070.

AMD plans to fit a full quad core for mobile with GPU at 30 watt TDP. Kaby Lake mobile quads are 45 watt.

if you want over 60FPS for like a 120hz monitor

pascal doesnt like 144hz

Can it run Bannerlord tho?

:^)

>tfw
It does hold me back in say GTA V and CPU intensive games, gonna do a whole new build with the same PSU and GPU

what do you mean it doesn't like 144?

They will be at E3 friend

random artifacting/flickering

mabye a driver update will fix it.

I'm tired of waiting

>doesn't understand what virtually means

Not him but you get artifacts and shit on your screen, while not gaming

this article better not have been the """"""news""""" we were supposed to get this month

> /s

Sorry, didn't think that was needed

I only play 1080p or downsample to 1080p so I don't need anything more powerful than a 1070.

Mount your friends LMAO
And probably they are being quite about this game

If you haven't replaced the PSU recently then I'd get another, 6 years is pretty long.

and it will be more cheaper from now on

Nah its a seasoinc Gold and its 550 watts my system now uses like 400 max

>What's your opinion on the upcoming 1080ti, Sup Forums?
>over $700
In 25 years I never spent more than 150 € on a GPU upgrade.

what you guys need is to check your HDD RIGHT FUCKING NOW

>picked up a 7770k for $300 thanks to m-muh Ryzen hype

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE RYZEN DIDNT BEAT INTEL IN GAMING REEEEEEEEEEE

You're fucked

>4 days

HELP IT

Undertale is going to look great with this and it's only twice the amount of a ps4!

tomorrow will my new hdd arrive
i still have hope

Feels good nigga
A truly beautiful game, and console fags will shriek like dogs when its released and so will I.

Shoulda waited man, it'll be going for $230 or so quite soon.

Turn off computer, prep for transfer of files.

It will probably be ported """"eventually"""" but it will almost certainly be years after initial release, just like Warband was

>Seagate dying
They made another Deathstar.