Essential games I should play

I'm currently working on a list of games I should finish, I keep booting up game after game but only play them for 30 min before starting something different. I'll try to work my way down the list methodically to finally get a proper full experience. That being said, additions to the list are well appreciated.

(random order)

The Witcher 3
Stardew Valley
Darkest Dungeon
Bioshock
Divinity: Original Sin
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion/Skyrim
Broken Sword 1/2/3/4/5
Dark Souls 1/2/3
Half Life 1/2
Crysis 1/2/3
Dragon Age 1/2/3
Mass Effect 1/2/3
Mirror's Edge, ME: Catalyst
The Banner Saga 1/2
The Evil Within
Metro 2033/Last Light
STALKER series
Tomb Raider
Underrail
Grand Theft Auto 5

Also, which ones should be my top priority?

Don't bother with Witcher 3, Crysis 2, HL 1 and ME Catalyst.

I dropped my "fake list of backlog games I only wanted to play because Sup Forums has threads about it" and started "actual list of backlog games I know actually interest me"

Don't fall into the trap of the former.

I like to think of this one as the latter

This is Sup Forums

All games are gay

Hi, sorry I'm late. Who, me? I'm just the cleanup guy. Give me a few seconds, pal.

>The Witcher 3
>Darkest Dungeon
>Bioshock
>Dark Souls 1
>Half Life 1/2
>Crysis 1
>Dragon Age 1
>Mass Effect 1/2
>Mirror's Edge
>Metro 2033/Last Light
>STALKER 1
>Underrail

Alrighty, that should do it. We'll send you your bill in the mail, sir. Seeya.

>The Witcher 3
pretty good, definitely worth playing, at least to stay informed about the shitposting. it's a benchmark that open-world games like Zelda BotW are being compared to.
>Bioshock
1st one was pretty neat, if you liked it, 2 is more of the same and not much else. Bioshock Infinite was pretty fun but don't tell Sup Forums you enjoyed it.
>Elder Scrolls: Oblivion/Skyrim
pretty fun, have a good time
>Dark Souls 1/2/3
there's some good stuff in there but it's a high barrier to entry to get into the swing of things, so don't let the initial difficulty throw you off.
>Half Life 1/2
it's fun but it's pretty overhyped in retrospect.
>Mirror's Edge, ME: Catalyst
pretty fun, worth playing at least once. ME: C got some mixed reviews so do your research before you buy.
>The Banner Saga 1/2
if you like SRPG's it's very well done and looks great
>Grand Theft Auto 5
it's pretty fun, worth playing

Which games should be my first three?

Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Half life 1/2
Grand Theft Auto or Dark Souls

Replace Oblivion/Skyrim with Daggerfall. Why play a walking simulator when you could play a medieval fantasy role-playing game?

between the ones I listed (I'm ) I'd say play through Bioshock 1 because it's fairly short, Mirror's Edge is also fairly short so you can finish it before tackling the big RPG's like Skyrim.

>I'm currently working on a list of games I should finish, I keep booting up game after game but only play them for 30 min before starting something different.
I think you should work on your ADD first. Maybe legal or illegal drugs might help.

Thanks for the elaboration.
Think I'll go with Bioshock and ME first then.

I started Skyrim somewhat five times already but it always start CTDing because of the 100+ mods I installed. I should try to keep it only to the essentials this time.

I'm not being fully ironic, maybe a little bit, but that seems like a huge problem to me. Do you have trouble focusing while watching a movie? Can you read a book without getting distracted? What about studying something that's actually interesting to you?

What type of games have held your attention so far? That will help with giving out recommendations.

this isn't going to be a popular answer but the vanilla version is acceptable the way it is. you don't need a billion mods to enjoy it.

hl2 is overrated and inferior to the original in every way but muh grafix
remember to play opposing force

>Stardew Valley
>Dragon Age
numale shit

>Darkest Dungeon
bad

No wonder you have trouble sticking with games, there are so many mediocre games on that list. Stop thinking of games in series and play more old games

Not OP, but how casual am I? I crossed out the games I have played, finished most of them.

I have read 800 page books without problems, same goes for movies and studying. I'm fairly confident I do not have a concentration problem, yet things can bore me quickly.

The problem is abundance, by discovering pirating in my later kid-stage and money in my early adulthood stage games became so abundant that I didn't have this "I spend all my allowance on this game which makes it just a tad more enjoyable" kind of feel anymore.

I guess I can give the vanilla version a shot then. It is very likely to give me a better experience than the inevitable CTD-scenario after I go binging on mods again.

this is true. hl1 is perfectly paced, no shitty vehicle segments, doesn't wallow in its muh deep storyline and has actual difficulty

I probably suffer this or something else. What kinda cheat codes do I need?

I don't honestly know, I have found that pot helps me focus unless it's something that requires a lot of brain power, but hardly any vidya does as consequences for failure are not real. However I am certain there are better ways than weed. Still I can play anything for hours upon hours if you just let me smoke up.

Play half life 1, 2 (and episodes) portal 1-2 Stalker series and Life is Strange.

Mirror's Edge, Broken Sword 1, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in any order. Toss in Underrail if you want an RPG.

Space of the dead which is also one.

Yeah that'd probably be the trick for me. I've wanted to try smoking and then playing a naval game, silent hunter or something. That'd be fun

Drop life is tumblr and this list is fine.

Scratch Dragon Age 2/3 as well as Broken Sword 4 and ME Catalyst.

Get Okami on that list. Also Simon the Sorcerer (only the first), Monkey Island 1/2, Full Throttle, at least Day of the Tentacle though you might want to check out Maniac Mansion as well.
In case you like stealth: Thief 1/2.

HL1 is great but you might be better off playing the Black Mesa mod

Catalyst has a shit story but the gameplay and visuals make up for it

>HL1 is great but you might be better off playing the Black Mesa mod
Nope, it has completely different gunplay and the grunts in Black Mesa are cheap motherfuckers. Maybe that issues has been fixed since I played, but BM is a re-imagining, not a replacement for HL1.

Silent Hill 1-4
Resident Evil 1-4 + REmake
Metal Gear Solid 1-4 + PW HD
Doom 1-2, 64
BLOOD
The Witcher 1: EE
Talos Principle
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Warcraft 3 + TFT
STALKER: SoC, CS, CoP.

>HL1 is great but you might be better off playing the Black Mesa mod
No. For starters, it's STILL not finished.
Second, HL1 > BMS.

For series' where later games are just glorified expansions like Metro or Dark Souls you should just play one game and only play the others if you enjoyed the first taste.

>Also, which ones should be my top priority?
Getting through your backlog is a fucking slog, so start with whichever ones are in the genre you enjoy the most because if you pick any other one you probably won't finish it. For example, I love the shit out of fps games but even still I had a rough time playing through the first half life for the first time since it felt so dull.