Welp looks like microsoft is going to ruin it again im going back to windows 7 fuck this shit windows 10 is garbage...

welp looks like microsoft is going to ruin it again im going back to windows 7 fuck this shit windows 10 is garbage when will they learn that windows is a good gaming OS because it DOESNT try to micromanage games

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/63JhJiqA
askvg.com/fix-windows-7-keeps-checking-for-updates-for-hours/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Installed windows 7 yesterday

Never going back. After 2020 I'll have to find another solution though

Oh, good news. Now people who want to use their Xbone controller as a dedicated Steam controller don't need to use the Xbox app (which can be deleted through powershell shenanigans) to unbind its Xbox button. They can manage the settings of the controller to totally divorce it from Microsoft right there in the options menu.

At least, that's my optimism speaking. I bet it's just going to be an undeletable Xbox app, and try its hardest to clog more of your internet connection with its background-downloading bullshit, or force GameDVR into everything you play.

What's the issue user?
If you're talking about the xbox overlay you can deactivate it.

Sweet, now I can make my fps even lower

there's no issue. he just take the first opinion he reads on the internet and runs with it.

im talking about the change being anything other than removal of all "gaming" features just leave us alone

>After 2020 I'll have to find another solution though
GPU passthrough, then dedicate 4 cores/8threads to Windows, then the remaining 4 cores/8threads to Linux for shitposting purposes.

Deactivate them then?
It's like a button to switch and you're done, never had to deal with xbox DVR ever.

this is a sign they are planning much worse things though

i tried this but for some reason it wanted me to recompile my kernel i might try installing arch fresh and see if that makes a difference wants to use my IGPU as the linux one and the 1070 as the passthrough

>wants to use my IGPU as the linux one and the 1070 as the passthrough
That's how it's supposed to work: let your dedicated GPU be used for gaming and the IGPU for linux. Using the IGPU for windows when you're gaming is a terrible idea.

>I hate this OS that fucks with my installed software!
>So I'm going back to this OS that fucks with my installed software!

The only smart option is to dual boot Windows and GNU/Linux. Doesn't matter which of the former as it's all botnet with shitty overhead anyway. The only "good" thing about Windows as a gaming OS is that it just launches exclusive titles.

i know the S was a typo i want to use my IGPU as the linux and my GPU as the windows

>not disabling windows 10 updates
>inb4 "you cant do it"
yes you can, its not hard

>The only smart option is to dual boot Windows and GNU/Linux.
Until your dual boot suddenly breaks because a Windows update turns out to be an actual upgrade in disguise that reinstalls the OS all over again. Looking at you, anniversary update, the windows.old doesn't lie. And no, I didn't upgrade when installing windows 10 the first time, it was a fresh install.

>adds a menu so you can configure over W10's xbox live features without having to open the xbox app and log in
>all while adding even more toggles so you can have more control and disable even more things if you please

Jesus Christ Microsoft could announce that they are open sourcing Windows and fuckers like OP would still find a way to complain

How are you liking Arch?

open sourcing windows would be an utter disaster

Does this mean i can change the fucking controller from player 2 to 1?

Goddamnit i'm so sick of restarting my computer every time i unplug my 360 wired controller.

I heard that has input delay.

Microphone has input delay. Nothing else.

i have been using it for years now its fine other than passthrough issues i mainly use it because of the AUR

Only a disaster for Microsoft, since it would air their dirty laundry for all to see and their lack of programming abilities. It'll be worse than penis inspection day.

You can't really fix decades worth of spaghetti code but shit like DirectX being made open source would do wonders for cross platform OS development. One of the reasons that Linux games tend to run like ass is because they have to half assedly port them from the propietary DX11 to OpenGL
Not saying that it's ever going to happen because obviously closed source software exists for a reason but I was just illustrating my point with how people just read headlines about W10 and bitch without looking into what they're talking about

That's most likely the case. The Halloween Documents show that MS views Open Source/Libre Software as something that can produce commercial-level software that they can't wholly disprove. With Windows being historically broken to really code, they most likely don't want to show everyone how fragile and convoluted the OS is.

>ease of access
Explain, I'm pretty blind... this could be a good thing if they don't just throw a shitty magnifier on the screen.

It's for people who have no hands, Hans.

I think W10 already has this, it configures things like the on screen keyboard, narrator, the shitty magnifier, visual impaired friendly colors, pretty much all the features for disabled people.

Can you use the integrated graphics from CPU on Linux yet?

What's the best Linux distro for someone who's a complete newfag to linux?

Oh then it's no fucking different than win 7.

Until they allow me to zoom in with a hotkey and look around it's fucking useless.

Trying to play civ6 is literally impossible for me because I can't scale the ui.

All it would take is the ability to ZOOM THE FUCKING SCREEN and look around and I could play so many more games. I can literally do this with a triple tap on my phone and tablet. MS is retarded with the way they handle "accessibility" options.

KDE + Ubuntu.

How can people recommend linux for gaming. are people fucking retarded?

How do you read this thread as people recommending linux for gaming? Are you fucking retarded?

You're a flaming illiterate faggot, Linux for everyday use + windows via GPU PASSTHROUGH. L2read.

>Microsoft puts games on PC like everyone wants
>Sup Forums throws a shit-fit about needing W10
>Meanwhile everyone continues to gobble Gaben's cock like nothing is wrong

>using anything beyond windows 7 or even vista with service pack 1 and 2
Don't bother.

>All it would take is the ability to ZOOM THE FUCKING SCREEN and look around and I could play so many more games.
This basically requires playing the game downsampled at say 4k so that when you zoom in shit isn't so pixelated. But that is a really weird feature to want.

>now we're talking

Oh fuck off PC Gamer

For instance.

>allow user to set hotkey
>while held activate zoom (sorta like full screen magnifier but not a second render window, not laggy, not exclusive to windowed mode, basically not utter garbage for anyone who's visually impaired)
>deactivate in game controls
>move mouse to look around screen
>use wheel to zoom in and out
>release hotkey to deactivate zoom and resume playing.

This is exactly how it works on my phone
>tap three times and hold
>zooms
>move finger around screen to look
>use two fingers to adjust zoom
>release to fingers to deactivate

Trust me man, when your blind your not gonna care about seeing pixels when you zoom in if the text is too small to read normally.

I'd be surprised if there weren't tools to do that already, at least in windowed mode

No one's going to write a script or program that hooks into your games and does this unless you pay them or you learn programming yourself. But it does sound neat.

>windows is a good gaming OS
Hahahahaha!
Windows is only a 'gaming OS' at all because that's what games are made to run on. It's actually terribly unsuitable for games and always has been. If only Windows wasn't every devs target platform we'd have today's framerates five years ago.

Magnifier + autohotkey script could probably do it, with the caveat the game is in windowed mode.

>Never going back. After 2020 I'll have to find another solution though
Already found one.
And what's the point of this?
You are still using Windows.

>buying anything Sony after they sold off VIAO
No.

>You can't really fix decades worth of spaghetti code
Microsoft tried to rewrite Windows from scratch and failed. The result was Vista.
Windows needs to be abandoned completely. It's 2017 and we are still fucking around with outdated 1990s tech.

>All it would take is the ability to ZOOM THE FUCKING SCREEN and look around and I could play so many more games.
My PS4 can do this by pressing PS + Square in any game.

And how much closer is Wine to getting DX11?

I suppose it wouldn't have to hook into the game but the problem with that is the mouse still controls everything. That would work well enough as long as you always had the ability to move your mouse.

You know I never really thought about that, I can try that with borderless windowed at least.

Still the default magnifier is pretty shitty but this could help, one major problem is the fact I have to keep opening and closing it.

>Akari

My brother from another mother

reee

At least Sony fucking cares enough, MS has had the same shitty magnifuer for years

>this thread.

I dont know how accurate this is but the REAL sin has yet to come.

Holy shit what

brb testing this

PS2 had a hard drive and network option in 2000 already.
>And how much closer is Wine to getting DX11?
Games for Windows are a lost cause. Say goodbye to them, when Microsoft finally shuts down the platform and turns Windows into a UWP-only service.
You won't play Windows games anymore just as you don't play OG Xbox games today.

You might have to enable it through accessibility options first.

>PS2 had a hard drive and network option in 2000 already.
That served no purpose but playing online. It was also an accessory, not a native feature.

Who's /neverupgraded/ here?
Feels good, not having gone to windows 10. Only place I have to see that is when GWX.exe is running and even then I just halt it's process.

I want to play games though.

>Games for Windows are a lost cause.
But I'm not talking about Games for Windows. I'm talking about DX11 on Wine. Why is it that you're acting like I asked for instructions on how to build a clock when I asked for the time? Is your autism dialed up past 11?

>Only place I have to see that is when GWX.exe is running and even then I just halt it's process.
Delete GWX.exe, this is not hard.

I tried formating my pc and using windows 7 at the beginning of the year. Got fucked up because windwos update wouldn't work and then some critical programs wouldn't install and in general i got a really fucky experience. Tried using an updater program i found, but got nithing done. Does anyone know a way of correcting my mistake?

>he fell for the windows 10 meme

That's pretty cool. Looks pixellated as shit but pretty cool anyways.

How can you actually get Windows 7 anymore?

They don't sell it still, do they? I have an Ultimate disk, but my key won't work. Any solutions?

What critical programs? inb4 lostboy.exe

>pic

pastebin.com/63JhJiqA
This works without the Windows magnifier, with some limits (issues if it sees itself). Mouse 4 to zoom, mouse wheel to go in/out. It's mostly a very old script from the forums, I think you could do this a lot more cleanly with the newer gdip library

digital river corenoc mirrors are still up for windows 7
activating? windows loader from mydigitallife forums

skype, direct x9, windows defener. OK skype is disposable, but it annoys the heck of me that i can't update shit. I thought Microsoft had dropped support for windows 7. Didn't it?

>Using Windows 10

>But I'm not talking about Games for Windows. I'm talking about DX11 on Wine.
Then what is DX11 on WINE for?
Not running games for Windows?
What Sup Forums is trying to tell you is that entire library will be lost in a decade and WINE won't fix that. Not now, not in five years. The project is dead.

FUCK MICROSOFT
FUCK JEWDOSE 10

Those are in no way critical programs.
Updating on Windows 7 is convoluted since they deliberately fucked updating on 7 after the one year free offer of windows 10 expired.

askvg.com/fix-windows-7-keeps-checking-for-updates-for-hours/

Tutorials on how to do this?

I'd love to see this change, because it'd literally burn Microsoft to the ground.

Jesus Christ this image is so stupid and I hate myself for having a hand in its creation

>Then what is DX11 on WINE for?
Games on Steam that are Windows only. This also allows OS X users to play games they otherwise would not be able to.

Yeah that's what i kept getting. I'm stuck on 8.1 now and i absolutely hate it. Can't get myself to go to 10 either, since i'm not really a fan of spybots. Thanks for your input

What do you want on 8.1 that Windows 10 does? Virtual workspaces?

>had a hand in a wojak hat joint
You people should be crucified

install gentoo
watch anime
go on IRC
use firefox and Sup Forums extensions
steal colors from your anime background
apply to config files and firefox
congratulations, you now have certified autism

basically realiability, sicne half my games got fucked up on windows 8.1, a faster system that doesn't eat my processing power with useless programs and mandatory shit, and to get rid of the godawful start thnigy. I don't go to windows 10 because since it launched i got really scared/annoyed with the secutiry things it has and tracking all that you do. In my feeble mind windows 7 is less invasive.

Anyone out there running Kaby Lake on Windows 7? I tried when I got mine installed, but the iGPU drivers just wouldn't take. It seemed like everything else was working fine though. Once I get a 1080 Ti, I am free to go back to 7 if I want. Dunno if I will bother though. Microsoft will have to do something majorly fucked up with the next update to make me go back. Like block Pro users from disabling GameDVR completely (in-app settings don't do shit) or preventing Windows Update service from running.

That's what I get for pointing out FUD to fossfags

I meant the passthrough thing lmao.

I googled it and it seems like a massive hassle

All you need to go back to windows 7 is an iso, your key or an activator, and your motherboard manufacturer's drivers. This is presuming you didn't buy prebuilt garbage.

>a faster system that doesn't eat my processing power with useless programs and mandatory shit
That's completely on your end, nothing to do with the OS, not even 10 except for its mandatory updates. If you install shit and don't know how to disable them, like Chrome's stupid updaters or the once a month CPU eating monster you left alone in task scheduler all this time, you're going to have a hard time with your videogames.

GUYS, JUST DO THIS.
THIS IS HOW THE FUTURE IS GOING TO BE, SO THE ONLY OPTION IS TO SWITCH TO LINUX.

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

It's not for everyone, and it is a hassle for normalfags.

The funniest thing is that Microsoft added telemetry to Win 7, too. Have fun, Windows cucks.

There is a bat that removes telemetry, then you disable updates

Only applies to retards who allow the backported telemetry through updates.

>then you disable updates
That sure seems like a good idea.

>linux
i prefer things to work and i'd rather have good software

You'd have to be a total retard to install that shit on Windows 7.

It is.

>he doesn't know how to use both at the same time
it's like dual wielding katanas faggot
inb4 lmao2kat

why use both when i only need one? linux is useless

It took me 5 hours to fix steam on Ubuntu because there was some fuck up in the package that didn't allow it to use steam.

I had to dig for hours and finally download a package from an obscure 3 year old site from a guy who was the only one apparently suffering from the same issue our of a million.

I'll never use steam for gaming ever again.

it's hard to explain, once u get used to using it it's hard to go back