This is not a console. It was never meant to be a console. This is a handheld...

This is not a console. It was never meant to be a console. This is a handheld, that can connect to your TV if you want a bigger screen.

This is not a bad thing, but why is Nintendo pushing it as a console when the TV functionality is clearly just a tacked on feature?

because you have to be a fucking retard to spend $300 on a handheld

>handheld with a plastic screen that get scratches from wind blowing too hard on it

>can survive a hammer
>the console will break before the screen

God, if its like phones and tablets, better shell out 100 more bucks for an Otter Box.

>It's okay, the plastic might get scratches if you sneeze in its general direction, but at least the screen itself still works :)
What a feature.

>people who never put protective screens on their tablets or phones.

user I bought a screen protector the moment I bought Zelda and the first thing I did was put that shit on the screen.

The fact that screen protectors are not standard issue should tell us all something about the people who push tablets like the Switch.

It's not, but should have been. The Switch has apparently been designed for a target audience of small kids, that will toss it on the floor when they get angry.

Using carbon reinforced glass would have been the better solution, for adults anyway.

Your point being?

I have never put a screen protector on a smartphone or tablet and they've all been fine with no noticeable scratches.

I bet the guys at Best Buy fucking love you

There is no reason not to put a screen protector on all of your shit. What's worse, paying $10 for a screen protector, or needing to pay out the ass for repairs?

>autism speaks

It's a homeheld

What about not paying $10 and not paying for repairs?

Rarely does any tablet or phone come with a screen protector, however it is also good to keep the screen safe from any scratches, dirt or whatever.

user, for 6 bucks I'd rather buy that and have peace of mind that at least something is there to protect it rather than not getting it and hoping that nothing happens. but hey you will learn someday.

cut that plastic front off the dock and you wont scratch your screen and you can play while charging

Handheld games on a TV with good controls is literally the thing's selling point. I can guarantee you most of the audience won't give two shits about console 1st parties, everyone is dying for the 3DS to fuck off.

>lets cut the plastic i paid hundreds of dollars for

nintendo fan logic

Nintendo fans are the fucking worst. They'll eat up whatever garbage they are served for full price!

Don't you wish that happened to you, Todd?

Oh wait.

There is absolutely no need for a screen protector if you have gorilla glass. The Switch is a different story of course.

I'm glad that I never pre purchase consoles or games. Still sad that nintendo just went from an amazing handheld (3ds) to a shitty chinese made vita ripoff.

sorry I'm not poor enough for you

Gorilla glass doesn't make it scratch proof user, it is a great thing to have, but adding a screen protector is just there to help it.

t. board that bought two gameless handhelds for $250 and $300 at launch

>There is absolutely no need for a screen protector if you have gorilla glass

wrong

True but you'll notice scratches more with a protector on since things that won't scratch the glass will scratch the plastic. Also plastic protectors feel horrible to use compared to glass screens.

That said I have never used a case on any phone either, nor do I care about the condition of my phone so long as it isn't smashed since it barely affects resell after 2+ years, so it depends on the person.

Screen protectors can be easily replaced