What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1612.pdf
videogamer.com/news/two-million-nintendo-switch-units-will-be-available-worldwide-through-march
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That theres going to be a shit ton of returns.

xD

That Nintendo fans are certifiable retards who will buy a chinkshit tier Fisher Price leapfrog knockoff

NINTENDO IS BACK BAYBAY!

That there's only one game available for the Switch, so pretending its different than a non-bundled game doesn't make sense.

The meltdown on this board right now is something else.
Why cant people just ignore what they dont have interest in.

>triggered Sony fan

xD

w-what? b-but Sup Forums told me it would bomb!

People with a shitty existence like to talk a lot of shit.

Enjoy your chinkshit leapfrog it will be Shitendo's last

That it's a twitter post.
you shouldn't listen to twitter posts until actual numbers come out.

>But they sold all their stock!
But they had no stock to begin with.

>Zelda was the best selling launch title!
As one of the only two launch titles you could buy

It's little things like this that make it completely unbelievable that you should be listening to twitter for your information. Wait until numbers come out, and then start gloating.

xD

Uh-oh, looks like all you Sonybros that thought Jon was /yourguy/ because he was underwhelmed by BOTW just got BTFO gain

It it really comfortable though. I dont even want a pro controller anymore.

I don't own a Switch

It will. The Wii U sold out at launch too. Obviously that didn't help it

He's not wrong, it's a good design that fits the other controller styles nicely.

That said, pro controller is objectively superior.
I don't even know why you would bother with the joycons when you have the option of a pro controller.

fucking traitor...
FUCKING TRAITOR!

GOD DAMNIT!

That's a lot a recalls.
I don't think Nintendo has Microsoft's kind of cash to fix this mess either, hence the "dead pixels is natural" fiasco.

Hey, they beat a game from 20 years ago in sales. It's not like the market has grown or anything

>other consoles release during the holidays
>Switch released on a random friday in march
Really activates my almonds

I really don't mind the Joycon grip but decided to get a Pro controller anyway as I need another controller and something different would be nice.

That's how frightened Shitendo is, they know they can't compete anymore.

>nazi-lovers enjoy garbage hardware
whoa...

xD

>I don't even know why you would bother with the joycons when you have the option of a pro controller.
Because it's not an upgrade worth $70

First post best post

It's so they can launch a fixed version of the console for the holidays

The grip just isn't very good, though. It's like holding a smaller square that you use to control a bigger square.

Trust me, the pro controller is worth every penny of 70 dollars.

Keep spamming, enjoy your vacation

xD

This. Every year the market for videogames is growing as a huge rate. I never understand people comparing decades old sales to current ones.

Movies do the same shit. Highest grossing ever! (not accounting for inflation)

Well... We can infer a base from him stating it sold better than the wii in this timeframe.

He also didn't just say that BotW was the best selling launch title. He said it surpassed Mario 64.

Considering both the Wii and Mario 64 were runaway successes from release day, we can assume that the switch's launch was extremely successful.

If I'm satisfied with the current controller, not really. The pro would be nice but I'm perfectly content with the joycon + grip, or even just the joycons individually. That's actually my preferred method of using it, really comfy.

>Make a new console with 1 game at launch
>It sells nearly as much as the console itself
Why is this surprising.

They delayed this piece of shit apparently so it could get a better line up. Instead what we got was 1 mediocre multiplat *Also on PC

And indies that people have already played to death. Now we wont be getting a game until Summer and another at the END OF THE YEAR.

WHY WAS THIS THING EVEN DELAYED?

>Considering both the Wii and Mario 64 were runaway successes from release day, we can assume that the switch's launch was extremely successful.
No you can't, you don't have the numbers.
Sold the best out of what? What timeframe? Didn't it have way less stock than the Wii, too?
Surpassed Mario 64 by how much?
It's postulating about something of which no one can prove or disprove. Part of why Sup Forums is imploding right now is because people are making statements just like that which aren't falsifiable.

>WHY WAS THIS THING EVEN DELAYED?
To get the Zelda port done, otherwise you would have no game to play

He's strawmaning. Don't even bother.

More like back in the dumpster

>strawmanning

How is pointing out that no one has the numbers yet and therefore it's fucking pointless to make baseless assumptions on the sales of the console a strawman?

Do you even know what a strawman is?

Nah bro. It's not.

Bro.

This. If 1 2 Switch and Just Dance were the only titles it would have been DOA. I work at a retailer and we sold pretty much 1:1 Switches to copies of Zelda. But we only sold one Just Dance and three 1 2 Switches

Is that dumspter filled with money, because Nintendo is making BANK!

>less than a month in
>nintendo has already won the generation with a single game

Yes bro, it is. Holding a plastic square for hours is not better than holding a pro controller.
I would just love, LOVE to see you fight a Lynel with a joycon. I would love that.

>Didn't it have way less stock than the Wii, too?

then how did it outsell it?

A Wii U port isn't a game you fucking drone faggot cuck

All these assblasted sony.ggers

Feels good to be a nintenbro trump fan lads
The winning just won't stop

Wii shipped 3.19 million units on launch so that's the max it could have sold during the first two days.
As for the N64 console itself, from wiki
>During the system's first three days on the market, retailers sold 350,000 of 500,000 available console units
So did Mario sell more units than they sold consoles? The game's total lifetime sales are 11 million though

So I'm guessing around 3 million Switches sold and a similiar amount of Zelda sold, considering it's the only reason to buy the console right now

>nintendo has already won the generation with a single game
But it hasn't. Zelda is even being outsold by that shitty Horizon game in some places.

What difference does it make to a consumer?

I purchased it, and it's definitely an improvement over what's packaged, but there's no way in fuck that it's worth $70.

>then how did it outsell it?
Wii had more stock, but sold less in the same amount of time.
What kind of question is that?
Meanwhile, Switch only had a few million worldwide stock. So what does that really mean?

there is no need to be upset

>in some places
Really activates the dreidel goy

No one owns a wii u, so as far as the general public is concerned, BotW is a switch game.

>posting facts means you're a sonynygger

I don't even own a PS4.

Well, more people own a Wii U than a Switch

"What did he mean by this?" and its variations should be either word filtered or an autoban.

Same with "Is he our guy" or "What are some games where I can do *real topic of the thread*"

>No one owns a wii u
Wii-U has 13 million worldwide sales.

nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1612.pdf

Switch can't have more than 2-3 million because of the lack of stock.

More like banking on their fans being retarded

But you Sonybros were betting the Switch would fail and you were wrong. You can't call other people retarded.

i think is referring to 2 first day
i think this will be a better than wiiu
but i doubt 3M no way they made so many switch.
i think it will sell 2M around amrch whcih will be nintendo expectation.

>no one will buy it
to
>look at all these retards buying it

You can't move the goalposts because something doesn't follow your internal narrative.

>So what does that really mean?
Ninty petrified of another flop so they produced a limited amount, allowing them to trumpet "We sold out, no more Switches until June/July!" which gives the illusion of demand and increases casual awareness.

They didn't.

videogamer.com/news/two-million-nintendo-switch-units-will-be-available-worldwide-through-march

At max they sold 2 million.

It's either they move the goalposts or admit they were wrong.

Honestly why is anyone buying that "console"?

Probably nostalgia

People like what you don't like and Nintendo did great marketing.

>People like what you don't like
True.
>and Nintendo did great marketing.
False.

>Sony cucky cuckies so mad

Laughing at you faggots. XD!

>>and Nintendo did great marketing.
>False.
It worked though.

Nintendo is in the enviable position of not needing to market their products, due to their fanbase being rabid loyalists. They could have spent literally nothing on marketing and sold this many units.

A true measure of how effective their marketing is would be the number of people buying their first Nintendo console as the Switch, not how many repeat customers they have.

We'll have to see in the long run as more stock becomes available.

Zelda is amazing.
Nostalgia for what? It plays like no other zelda before it

It's always great to see Sup Forums getting BTFO

And sonyfags arent rabid loyalists?
This argument is retarded and useless

>Nostalgia for what?
Nostalgia for Nintendo / childhood

>like no other zelda
No one said nostalgia was rational or fact based

A Nintendo drone is also a Sup Forumstard, what a fucking surprise.
You Americans are so fucking insufferable.

I see plenty of youtubers picking up BotW and haven't played any other Zelda's.
The game is genuinely that good of a game to not even need "Zelda" in the title.

>BUT MUH SONY

Oh for fuck's sake will I ever stop seeing this?

What's wrong with Trump?

>And sonyfags arent rabid loyalists?
Sonyfags would have dropped the PS4 for the Xbone if their positions were reversed and the PS4 was the one with the disastrous announcement and early marketing, just like Xbox fans did.

Nintendo fans would buy an ass beating if it came with a seal of approval and a Mario themed bruise. They're on the same tier of delusion as Blizzard and Apple fans, where brand loyalty trumps common sense every time.

lol no

Well we all know how Sony likes to "Innovate"

>"I am not delusional" claims delusinal man
Ok bud.

>A Wii U port isn't a game you fucking drone faggot cuck
>port isn't a game
>isn't a game
>game

Lets see here.....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game

Yeah, according to this everything you said was wrong.

Add to this the fact that it was a Wii-U game to begin with and the Switch version is the port.

lmao you fags so fucking pissy now that good news about the Switch is popping up

>good news about the Switch is popping up
[Citation Needed]

Zelda is on the Wii-U, and everything else about the Switch is a shitshow of production defects, poor design and general Nintendo ignorance.

it means that reggie is trying to boost share price

I would have but I also felt kinda bad for him, it's like picking on the special needs kids you see.

It means it didn't beat the ps4 or xbone launch sales. If it did, they wouldn't be referencing it next to their hardware.

but thats what i said

nintendo doesnt talk about other companies.
Also the other 2 launched on holidays

>Also the other 2 launched on holidays
This is either irrelevant or proof that Nintendo is incompetent for not also launching on holidays for the amazing bump in sales numbers.

>dumpster
>not drumpfster

one fucking job.

one.

How does this screenshot already have jpeg artifacts?