Drakengard Remaster

Do you think it's possible with the current popularity of Nier and Automata releasing tomorrow that SE might remake or remaster Drakengard?
This is one of my top 3 games of all time, but it's admittedly aged like milk. I remember spending an entire summer 100%ing this game, and it's twisted plot will always have a place in my heart.

Caim is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

No. Drakengard and Nier are and should remain separate franchises despite Drakengard fans vainly latching onto Nier's popularity and success to shill their shitty games.

Caim did nothing wrong.

drakengard was a bad game.

It was kind of bad (even compared to musous like Dynasty Warriors), but that's why I'd like to see it redone.

I honestly don't get why people think Drakengard, or at the very least the first one was a bad game. I went through it for the first time recently and it was pretty fun.

But the events of Drakengard are what led to Nier. You can't have Nier without Drakengard, and many things that make Drakengard good are what we see in Nier

It is fun, but there are some sections of it that are tedious or outright poorly designed.
The flying levels, in particular, I think could be redone to be much better.

Yes you can. You can remove all references to Drakengard and Nier's plot wouldn't change at all.

I'd love to play Drakengard 3 but its performance and gameplay put me off. That and the cost of the DLC

Plot, yes.
World, no. It was literally created by the events in Drakengard. Stop being a fag about this. All Taro fans know this and happily accept it despite none of the previous titles actually being good.

Drakengard 3 is the only one I didn't finish.
I thought it sucked.

In fact, I would mind a bundled remake of both 1 and 2.

"Extra-dimensional beings pop into our world and shit goes nuts" isn't a detail that requires Drakengard. Change a few names and colors and no one would be the wiser. A connection that thin is nothing at all.

Where does Red Eye and White Chlorination Syndrome come from? What and why are pacts being made with gods leading to all this fighting and the eventual end of the world? Why would shades even exist were it not for the events of Drakengard?

>still being a fag about this

I'm not the guy trying to tie an absolute shit heap of a franchise to an okay one.

I don't have to link it. The links are already there. They tie together. You're throwing a hissy-fit over your personal fanfiction not being true.

Yeah, nevermind that Drakengard is almost 15 years old.
It didn't do anything new at the time, but it was by no means under par for the early 2000s.
The gameplay was fine. Nobody is arguing that the writing wasn't what helped carry it.
In fact, why don't we make this thread about how we would improve Drakengard for a remake instead of bitching about what was broken in it?

The links are so minor they could be written out with zero consequences.

>it was by no means under par for the early 2000s

You're delusional. No one thinks Drakengard is anything but garbage.

>b-b-but i do

You're lying/being a contrarian for no reason. Even the game's biggest supporters unanimously agree that it's shit.

>Acts hostile about other people liking a video game, and then calls others contrarian.

There is a very legitimate possibility that the remnants of Scalebound will be given to Taro for some serious redevelopment.
That sounds like opportunities for another Drakengard.

What kind of fucking redditor are you that you think old games need to be remade just because they're "aged"? I played Drakengard for the first time in 2010 after having played 7th gen games almost exclusively for the second half of the 2000s and it was perfectly fine.