Devil May Cry

Just finished these.. whats in your opinion the best/worst?
for me it's 1>3>2 so far, still ned to play 4

>1 over 3

when will this meme end.

what can i say, just had more fun with 1.. 3 was still awesome

>3 over 1

when will this meme end.

3 is a lot more fun if you play through it more than once, because of all the weapons and styles
1 is better in the first playthrough

If you can't see why some people would prefer 1 over 3 you don't know shit about good game design my man.

1=3>4>DmC>2

Nope

1 is far more varied in combat and actually more fun to play

Even the story and characters were better in 3 as well as the OST

The only thing 1 has over 3 is the harder enemies and gloomy atmosphere but that's no way near enough to top 3 besides nostalgiafags

Probably the same retards that think demon souls is better than dark souls 1

3 is far more*

Don't know why i fucked up there

Everyone agrees it's 3>4>DmC>1>2

They all suck.

Thankfully we got DmC

>DmC>1

I liked 1, but it was unpolished as fuck

>thinking 3 is better than 1

I dont know how anyone could be like this. 1 was an almost perfect game.

3 was OK but suffered from fucking atrocious level design at times.

1 was perfect 10/10 for the most part except for underwater levels
3 was exceedingly great 12/10 in a lot of places (gameplay, most bosses), but falls somewhere else

1=3>4>DmC>2
2 is a mess, I'll always play through it once a year thinking that there's something I'm missing that'd make it enjoyable, but I just can't find out what I'm missing. The final boss was good and the animations looked decent, but that's not enough

Personally I like 3>4>1>Anime>God of war>2

Too bad we never got another game after 4. Just way too bad, glade Capcom never had the idea of remaking the series, isolating fans while trying to tell them they have the privilege to our money while not caring about us. Then calling them entitled when they don't buy it.

Like that would be the shittiest thing a publisher could do to the fans.

Currently only have access to a semi decent laptop, not quite good enough to run ps2 emulators that well but should handle the pc games including the reboot. What should I go for for to start the dmc games Sup Forums? 3, 4 or reboot?

I know people hate nu-dante, but will that matter if i'm new to the series anyway? Is this gameplay still worse than the originals also?

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls.

DMC3 is better than DMC1.

Are you saying Capcom doesn't care about the fans? Absurd, they shoved DMC4 & SF5 out the door for you.

In all seriousness they were already being shitty long before DmC, so it should've been expected. I'd still buy DMC5, DD2, or REmake 2 in a heartbeat

Start with 4, Nero plays like a better version of nu-Dante anyways so it's a good starting point if you can't get 3 or 1. DmC's gameplay isn't offensively bad, but the shit enemy design and no option to toggle demon/angel weapons kills it, imo

3. Get mod to fix it
Gameplay wise here's a description

>GOAT. Seriously, you have a diverse set of moveset for customization, hard teeth-gritting bosses that will fuck you sideways but is always fair, and top-tier animations.
>Improves on some of 3's imperfections, but degraded in a lot of places. The easiest to get into because of a literal tutorial character (which actually has a lot of depths to it)
DmC
>Don't belong to the series. Sligtly better than western hack n' slash

Hey, I made a thread yesterday asking if I should buy this collection or Asura's Wrath. Thing is, I found the latter cheap and it arrived already, but maybe I should get this one too.

Also, is 4 a worthy continuation to the trilogy?

3 HAD BETTER COMBAT AND MORE VARIETY WITH WEAPONS AND STYLES

IS THIS HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

Gosh, 1 was boring as fuck and gave you nothing to be excited over.

4's clearly unfinished, but the combat is still decent. I'm not sure if I'd call it a worthy continuation with that in mind, but it's still worth playing if you like the series

Fuck you buddy, Nero Angelo was hype

>I'd still buy DMC5, DD2, or REmake 2 in a heartbeat
Same.

DmC was such a cluster fuck, they go out of the way to make sure to insult anyone who didn't like the new Donte. Then they ran to the journalist to get them to back them up. And when it did poorly they made a big stink about how no one wants a new Devil May Cry.

Off topic, id kill for a Hellsing/Hellboy/BPRD game with similar controls to 3 or 4.