I'm man enough to admit it, I teared up over the switch

Yep,you read that right. I'm a fully grown man, 38 years old, husband and father to the most awesome autistic son in the world. A few years ago, my son was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, and more importantly, he fell on the autism spectrum.
To be completely honest, I felt a piece of my heart break that day. The visions of the homeruns, touchdowns, buzzer beating three pointers vanished from my hopes and dreams for him. My ignorance at the time made me think, he's damaged for life.
It all started with a Nintendo 3ds.
My son immediately took a liking to video games. He has a memory like no one I've ever seen. He knows where the coins are, special items, he even knows the pattern of the item blocks in Mario kart and has perfected his speed to always get a figure 8.
When we found out about the switch, it was a no brainer. We had to have one. Disappointment grew once we found out Mario Odyssey wasn't going to be released on launch day. That's our go to when playing video games, Mario anything.
As I set up the switch and tried to recall Zelda from my childhood, he didn't seem interested. Now he's absolutely hooked!
The way he can determine what weapon to use at what moment, making complex decisions of what food to eat versus what to sell for rupees, amazes me.
Nintendo gave me a piece of my childhood back the past weekend and I'll forever be greatful. My son doesn't show emotion, or really say much. This morning when I dropped him off at school he looked at me and said, "I wish we didn't have school today Dad". When I asked him why, he responded with "I'd rather just stay home and we can play Zelda all day".
I almost scooped him up and carried him right back home. I'm not the best man in the world, probably not even close to the best dad. But I did one thing right, I passed on the Nintendo fever to the next generation. We're forever hooked, and with this new found common ground, I'm willing to bet this is just the beginning!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xx51c/im_man_enough_to_admit_it_i_teared_up_over_the/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New pasta?

New pasta

*autistic yahoo*

>tfw it's a real post on reddit

Yep,you read that right. I'm a fully grown man, 38 years old, husband and father to the most awesome autistic son in the world. A few years ago, my son was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, and more importantly, he fell on the autism spectrum.
To be completely honest, I felt a piece of my heart break that day. The visions of the homeruns, touchdowns, buzzer beating three pointers vanished from my hopes and dreams for him. My ignorance at the time made me think, he's damaged for life.
It all started with an Xbox.
My son immediately took a liking to video games. He has a memory like no one I've ever seen. He knows where the guns are, special items, he even knows the pattern of maps in Call of Duty and has perfected his score to always get a nuke.
When we found out about the Xbox One, it was a no brainer. We had to have one. Disappointment grew once we found out Halo Wars 2 wasn't going to be released on launch day. That's our go to when playing video games, Halo anything.
As I set up the switch and tried to recall Halo from my childhood, he didn't seem interested. Now he's absolutely hooked!
The way he can determine what weapon to use at what moment, making complex decisions of what alien to kill versus what to gamemode to play, amazes me.
Microsoft gave me a piece of my childhood back the past weekend and I'll forever be greatful. My son doesn't show emotion, or really say much. This morning when I dropped him off at school he looked at me and said, "I wish we didn't have school today Dad". When I asked him why, he responded with "I'd rather just stay home and we can play Halo all day".
I almost scooped him up and carried him right back home. I'm not the best man in the world, probably not even close to the best dad. But I did one thing right, I passed on the Xbox fever to the next generation. We're forever hooked, and with this new found common ground, I'm willing to bet this is just the beginning!

I sometimes wonder if autism existed a few decades ago when no one treated there child as a snow flake. People expected their children to contribute by helping with chores and shit. No time for autism back then.

Too long didn't read.

Is this a reddit post

>he thinks "chores and shit" somehow cures autism
You should go do those "chores and shit" then.

kek

>your dad will never play zelda with you
fuck you dad, I don't want to play football

You know

This could be a genuine Sup Forums post

The difference between reddit and Sup Forums is minimal

I did those chores and shit. Autism wasn't a thing until about 15 years ago. No one you knew was diagnosed with it. Now its almost like every other child is autistic.

It all started with a PS3.
My son immediately took a liking to video games. He has a memory like no one I've ever seen. He knows where the guns are, special items, he even knows the pattern of maps in Call of Duty and has perfected his score to always get a nuke.
When we found out about the PS4, it was a no brainer. We had to have one. Disappointment grew once we found out Uncharted 4 wasn't going to be released on launch day. That's our go to when playing video games, Uncharted anything.
As I set up the PS4 and tried to recall Yakuza from my childhood, he didn't seem interested. Now he's absolutely hooked!
The way he can determine what gifts to give hostesses at what moment, making complex decisions of what real estate to buy versus what to sell, amazes me.
Sony gave me a piece of my childhood back the past weekend and I'll forever be greatful. My son doesn't show emotion, or really say much. This morning when I dropped him off at school he looked at me and said, "I wish we didn't have school today Dad". When I asked him why, he responded with "I'd rather just stay home and we can play Yakuza 0 all day".
I almost scooped him up and carried him right back home. I'm not the best man in the world, probably not even close to the best dad. But I did one thing right, I passed on the Playstation fever to the next generation. We're forever hooked, and with this new found common ground, I'm willing to bet this is just the beginning!

You should post source.
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5xx51c/im_man_enough_to_admit_it_i_teared_up_over_the/

>38
>Halo from my childhood

??

Shills everywhere should learn from this.
This is how you do it, this how you effectively shill a product.

reddit top post actually

>Autism wasn't a thing until about 15 years ago

Yep,you read that right. I'm a fully grown man, 38 years old, husband and guardian to the most awesome autistic boy in the world. A few years ago, my wife's son was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, and more importantly, he fell on the autism spectrum.
My wife's son immediately took a liking to video games. He has a memory like no one I've ever seen. He knows where the coins are, special items, he even knows the pattern of the item blocks in Mario kart and has perfected his speed to always get a figure 8.
When we found out about the switch, it was a no brainer. We had to have one. Disappointment grew once we found out Mario Odyssey wasn't going to be released on launch day. That's our go to when playing video games, Mario anything.
As I set up the switch and tried to recall Zelda from my childhood, he didn't seem interested. Now he's absolutely hooked!
The way he can determine what weapon to use at what moment, making complex decisions of what food to eat versus what to sell for rupees, amazes me.
Nintendo gave me a piece of my childhood back the past weekend and I'll forever be greatful. My wife's son doesn't show emotion, or really say much. This morning when I dropped him off at school he looked at me and said, "I wish we didn't have school today". When I asked him why, he responded with "I'd rather just stay home and we can play Zelda all day".
I almost scooped him up and carried him right back home. I'm not the best man in the world, probably not even close to the best dad. But I did one thing right, I passed on the Nintendo fever to the next generation. We're forever hooked, and with this new found common ground, I'm willing to bet this is just the beginning!

Sonybros

It was but back then people just that autists were assholes.

I have two autistic nephews who both have enjoyed the Switch. My younger one is very non verbal and barely says any words but he is now in an echo mimick stage. He loves Snipper Clips and cant stop playing. It gets us talking to each other and he follows my directions. Plus the fun colors and characters. And 1 2 Switch is easy for them to play too. Glad to hear the Switch has brought some happiness for you all.

My brother and I both fall on the autism spectrum. Him more so than myself. But he and I have always had a deeply rooted passion for video games. You are an excellent dad and your son is lucky to have parents who understand. My brother and I grew up with a dad who we always felt resented our passion for gaming over sporting or other things. I still feel bad for my brother to this day because, where I can at least pretend to socialize because I know it's what people expect of you, he isn't really able to do that and prefers staying in his room exploring and enjoying the worlds in his video games.

THE FUCK is wrong with all these autistic people buying Switch? Really makes you think

>have a kid
>it has autism
Being a normie is rough

I'm the step dad to a son that's one the autism spectrum. He doesn't show a lot of emotion and has his own interests that he's VERY focused on. All he wants to do now is snuggle up and either play snipperclips or watch me play zelda (he's only five) and it's so nice to have this special bonding time with him. I get to bond with my son the same with my dad and I bonded when I grew up. New zelda on a new Nintendo. It brought me back and I'm gonna cherish as much time as I can get with him.

>it was a no brainer.
Just like your son

2001 was 30 years ago.

I will never understand a video game making someone tear up.

>tfw shitty dad

If you can't tell the difference in posting styles after a month, you're an idiot.

>m....muh SONY!!!!
Like clockwork

Holy shit hahaha, four autistic kids though? That's pathetic, no parent should be allowed to willingly give birth to people that are going to fucked their entire life.

>mfw it's real

>passed on the Nintendo fever to the next generation
Too bad he also had to pass down his autism.

Yep,you read that right. I'm a fully grown boy, 13 years old, husband and son to the most awesome autistic dad in the world. A few years ago, my dad was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, and more importantly, he fell on the autism spectrum.
To be completely honest, I felt a piece of my heart break that day. The visions of the camping trips, BBQ parties, reading the newspaper every morning with a cup of coffee vanished from my hopes and dreams for him. My ignorance at the time made me think, he's damaged for life.
My dad immediately took a liking to video games. He has a memory like no one I've ever seen. He knows where the coins are, special items, he even knows the pattern of the item blocks in Mario kart and has perfected his speed to always get a figure 8.
As I set up the switch and tried to recall Zelda from my diaper days, he didn't seem interested. Now he's absolutely hooked!
Nintendo gave me a piece of my childhood back the past weekend and I'll forever be greatful. My dad doesn't show emotion, or really say much. This morning when I dropped him off at work he looked at me and said, "I wish we didn't have work today Son". When I asked him why, he responded with "I'd rather just stay home and we can play Zelda all day".
I almost scooped him up and carried him right back home. I'm not the best kid in the world, probably not even close to the best son. But I did one thing right, I passed on the Nintendo fever to the previous generation. We're forever hooked, and with this new found common ground, I'm willing to bet this is just the beginning!