This is fucking great, what's the hate for?

This is fucking great, what's the hate for?

unfinished

It feels empty

Repetitive gameplay in extremely similar environments

>less cqc moves than in 4
>no codec calls
>no story
>no cutscene
>no bosses
>the vilain dies in an accident
>WHOOOOO
>stupid twist everybody saw coming at the first reveal
>zero memorable music
>snake is mute
>all characters act totally out of characters
>"snake, did I tell you how I met our non biological father, stole REX that wasn't REX but also more advanced and built 30 year before REX, helped by a few kikongo kids, in the middle of a pmc base led by the greatest soldier of all time, and a deadly virus, and nobody ever remembered?"

well user, want me to go on?

Wait, who is writing this?!

Unfinished. Repetitive. but it is a lot if fun. it's worth playing but it's very disappointing to long time fans

Eli by the sounds of it.

oh.. Eli grows up to be liquid snake

It really depresses me knowing we could have had one of the best games of all time in our hands, but thanks to Jewnami all we got was an unfinished meh game with decent gameplay.
When I first finished the game it rly made me feel a
>Phantom pain

the mechanics are super good. engine smooth. controls are sublime. mechanical interactions an movement is buttery as fuck.

problem is the content. which is repetitive and lacking of memorable moments. the story is a mess and lazily tied to the rest of the canon via audio tapes. not sure if this was on purpose but yea. they built a super great gameplay foundation but the narrative and world you're put in is too bland and repetitive.

10/10 gameplay but unfinished, and whatever the kojima was trying to do with the story suffers greatly because he removed a lot of big bosses dialog for the sake of emulating drive and mad max silent protagonists

And you know, honestly sutherland did a really good job, if you look for the unused voice files that made it to the game, he had a lot of good stuff they should have kept

>muh headcanon

The game part is objectively great

I dont know about anyone else but the enemy reactions to getting shot really seemed kinda shitty like they had a set animation everytime a bullet hit them.

head canon, ah shit your the guy that somehow gets the term milf mixed up as well huh

It's not though. It has great controls, but the AI and the ways that you can interact with the enemy are limited compared to other games in the series. Not to mention the constant boring helicopter rides, lack of bossfights and empty world, which all factor into when you're actually playing the game.

literally the story is copied from itoh project

It's not at all what we were promised. It wasn't the downfall of Big Boss, it didn't close the gap in the series, and the story was just plain stupid overall. It was also clearly unfinished. it needed another year of dev time, maybe even 2.

>10/10 gameplay
Nope, not when you have to farm soldiers and crates and all that garbage.

Skullface dying in an accident was genius actually.

Nigger that isn't gameplay mechanics, that's game structure.

The actual gameplay mechanics, movement, shooting the sneaking, easily 10/10.
The flow, easy of movement, and depth, put every action game to shame.
The shooting is better then most third person games, and the focus is on stealth.

But yes, the actual game structure is an unfinished grindy mess and I had to force myself to finish the last chunk of the game.

It was more fun to speculate on the game than actually play it. It was too repetitive and bloated. The main story should have been 25 chapters. No Extreme missions. No side quests. That would have cut out all the fat even if it made the experience shorter. Bigger =/= better.

>Nigger that isn't gameplay mechanics, that's game structure.

Yeah nice response you fucking retard.

Gameplay is the core mechanics you use to interact with the game world, something like tasks, missions, or levels is related to level design and the structure of the overall game.

A lot of people for example, liked how titanfall 1 gameplay worked, but were disappointment that you could only play repetitive multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 doesn't play much differently gameplay wise, but has a much wider range of content and was much better received.

You don't have to farm soldiers if you get As and Ss on the main missions. All the best soldiers naturally come to you. And to get As and Ss you just need to not die more than once per mission.

he means the controls

It'd have been 'genius' if we actually gave a fuck about the character on any meaningful level, like actually hated him and wanted to get revenge but were denied it. Like if it were Zero or something, but instead it's this saturday morning cartoon villain nigga who looks like a clown and who we're only ever told is significant, it's never demonstrated. As it stands the only reaction his fate elicits from the player is "Okay..."

Entitled, cynical cunts did not get the ending they wanted so the entire game is considered the worst thing ever.

Anyone who claims they did not have fun with this game is either lying or being a try hard dullard.

not that guy and i agree with you but one of my biggest complaints is that there are no significant interior areas in the game(except maybe the mansion but it's pretty compact. highlight of the game though) because they have to let you be able to fulton people anywhere

The word "Gameplay" means the whole she-bang. Including level design. If you mean "player mechanics" or "the controls", then just say it. Don't come off as illiterate when you say "Guns of the Patriots had good gameplay, you guys" because you're wasting posts when you clarify you're strictly talking about how you can play dead and use octocamo.

GotP did have extremely good gameplay in literally every facet though, the only problem people generally have with that game is it's cutscenes and cutscenes=/=gameplay

As already stated, it's unfinished. Add to that
>helicopter rides
>credits for every mission
>empty world
>Quiet would've made more sense if she were Chico
>half your points get taken for multiplayer, even if you never play it
>lack of past characters, aside from Liquid
>can't kill child soldiers
>the costume DLC

>Quiet would've made more sense if she were Chico

>random assassin
>vocal chord parasites
>doesn't just write shit down or speak Navajo

chico was meant to be a buddy in cut content, stop kidding yourself your homo futa theory would make sense

Everyone I saw, me too, loved gameplay.
But game wasn't finished and as game that was missing piece in great series that was known for its story, V it's total fuck up.
To things I really didn't like and lowed score even more was lack of real weapons/vehicles and tech that didn't fit into timeline (same for peace walker robots). If it wasn't licensed soundtrack and russians, I would never guessed its time period.

The gameplay absolutely suffers when you're stopped every ten seconds to watch an episode of a shitty drama show. And no, MGS4 didn't have "extremely good gameplay in literally ever facet". Remember:
>Lazily gunning the frogs down
>The armored vehicle sequence
>The motorcycle sequence
>Sneaking through Shadow Moses against those awful tiny robots, removing all the good established gameplay conventions that human enemy interaction brings
>The microwave hallway
Don't be a fanboy.

>not muh metal gear
that's it.

fanbrats wanted an MGS3 retread and they got kojima'd

yeah I sure loved walking around prague following a guy

there's plenty else to do in that level too. its basically a little sandbox, and there are an unlimited number of resistance members in case one gets caught by the pmc

shut up

>he doesn't get it

>The gameplay absolutely suffers when you're stopped every ten seconds to watch an episode of a shitty drama show.

Clearly you haven't even played the game.

>And no, MGS4 didn't have "extremely good gameplay in literally ever facet"

It sure played well then MGS 1-3 tho. Fuck off, fag.

It leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

I'm aware of what they meant to do with Chico. I'm just saying that Chico = Quiet would've worked and been better than what we're stuck with now.

Incredible game, terrible metal gear game. Open world was empty but everything aside from that and the end missing from the plot is great

No, it wouldn't have.

You seriously think having the boy who saw you as a father figure turn into a feminine freak waving his ass to you would work?

Please, go register yourself as a sex offender and save the feds the trouble.

the moment to moment gamplay has an extraordinary amount of depth and freedom, and the level design is conducive to a ton of options and are very open. Everything you listed is a setpiece and yeah they aren't nearly as good as the moment to moment gameplay but they're generally fun in a novel kind of way.

Admittedly, the core gameplay's great, but it's still missing many of the features of the previous game, feels too AAA-samey and features much bullshit like the walk-and-talk corridor cutscenes, and gets repetitive fast.

However, the story is perhaps the worst written thing in the entire saga, and that's with some spin-offs and non-canon games taken into account. Seriously, chapter 1 is horrifyingly fucking stupid and written in a way that often comes of as a self-parody. Venom's twist, while it works, is completely unnecessary and predictable.

the gameplay is fucking phenomenal.

its just the downright autistic story and sci-fi teir garbage that was thrown in that ruins the game.

custom mission creation/upload and this game would have been goty

Did you even play Ground Zeroes? If so, you must've skipped the audio tapes.

Yes, I played ground zeroes.

Nothing there even indicates chico cutting his dick off.

He was supposed to have cut his tongue out and gone nuclear, wearing paz raincoat as a poncho.
Just accept your gay headcannon is just some shitty theory some fetisist wrote.

I expected Ground Zeroes, the only remotely close thing to that was one base in Africa.

The helicopter flights are loading gates.

"moment to moment" what? The game is split up into 5 acts, each act is 3 hours long, each act is half cutscene, the gameplay half is half setpiece, and the gameplay changes completely each act

there's no time to experience any "moment to moment gameplay" because you have like 45 minutes to play around in the environment before the game pulls you out of that environment and throws you into something completely different.

He was forced to rape Paz. Stop getting so triggered, retard.

It wasnt an accident, Huey shot the shit out of him in an attempt to convince both the others and himself that he was the one getting revenge rather than the real villain he actullay was

One of the greatest games I have ever played

the biggest disappointment was that everyone was expecting this to be the game big boss becomes the villain that he really is.
But kojima just can't have enough of bb's balls in his mouth.
If anything emmerich was the only character that really appears to have gone mad

It's story is not great

a battle of autism.
Seriously,what the fuck happened with kojima?He used to be the masters of cutscenes.And he shows off so hard in this game,you must see his name like every 15 minutes

>the biggest disappointment was that everyone was expecting this to be the game big boss becomes the villain that he really is.

oh really so everybody expected something from a metal gear story, and what was expected did not come to pass, upsetting the fanbase.

who would have ever thought

>and what was expected did not come to pass, upsetting the fanbase
A good plot was too much to ask for, you're right user. We all should not have went into V expecting a plot that doesn't insult one's intelligence and doesn't come off as written by a mentally retarded person.

the whole market revolved around it.
And don't you come here saying kojima planned this just like he did with MGS 2's "lol you don't actually play snake you play raiden"; it was straight up cut content
go to bed kojima

great gameplay but wholly unfinished. when you take the jeep ride and sins of the father starts playing out of nowhere that's when you knew something was horribly wrong. then you get the depressing confirmation in chapter 2.

After everyone told me the old games were the best things on planet earth, I was expecting this to be pretty great.
I mean it wasn't bad, but the story was pretty shit to me, and the random difficulty spikes were really weird and retarded to me.
Like I'd be having fun with the game then the next mission has that Parasite unit and I immediately stop having fun after that

You forgot extremely repetitive side missions.

The only good part of the game is the non-recycled main ops.

Oh yeah and the thing with the "whoa this is like a movie but its a game!" thing just felt bad
I get its Kojimas thing or whatever, with how he wanted to be a director or some shit but the "FEATURING:" shit was just dumb and added nothing

Fans think it's unfinished because Kojima didn't pander to their headcanon

Or because the second chapter is full of reused content? Or was that intentional from the start?

There's literally a youtube video with the cut content with Eli that was meant to be chapter 3

>Or was that intentional from the start?

Nothing to suggest otherwise

no, that was just one mission that got cut early on because it didn't fit the game. Chapter 3 is still in there

there was nothing wrong with the plot. you spent three years working up a dumb headcanon over what it was going to be, because you're a dumb fanboy.

I on the other hand ignored the game completely until about the week it came out, and I thought it was great.

Not sure, game is really fun to play though.

>content was cut from the game, therefore the game is unfinished.

when will you people get it through your head that content is cut from every game?

that eli shit looked awful, which is probably why it was cut.

how else will I justify my meaningless existence?

unfinished GOTY contender which made autistic cucks go insane

but E3 is soon and everyone will get btfo so hard you can't describe it in words

Reply to this post or we won't get custom mission creation in the next metal gear solid

cut =/= unfinished

Fuck

I want more games like MGSV and Mad Max where I can run around raiding bases. Any games like that?

The story is awful, MGS style of direction and story and character interaction and dialogue has a very specific style. MGSV fails at being an MGS good MGS game.

This guy, and a couple of other anons, more or less nail it. I just want to expand a little bit (Disclaimer: I really like the game).

While the story and the structure of it's telling was a little lackluster compared to previous Metal Gear Solid games, it has it's redeeming factors.

What really disappointed me was the lack of actually unique and interesting Missions and set pieces. The game has so many hours worth of "content", but when I look back, what do I really remember? 80% of it blends into mush, and then the bits that stand out and are really memorable in a positive way to me are:

>first encounter with Quiet
>infiltrating the caverns for the Stinger missile launcher
>infiltrating the huge base for the Sahelanthropus plans (cant remember quite what youre actually doing at this point)

These were all awesome missions/moments, but the game is so inflated. People keep saying how the game is unfinished but, seriously, the game could have been 60% shorter but with the addition of a few more individualised and flavourful missions, twice as good.

Hell even compare it to Ground Zeroes. You have this compact map area that changes subtly depending on various factors, that has a variety of small details and secrets to uncover, that give the area a real personality and character. I could've made my way through Ground Zeroes 20 times but just a handful on non-distinct huts in a desert was more than enough for me.

Another common complaint, which is absolutely fair, was lack of indoor missions. The game really does play like butter, so why didn't the explore it in indoor sections!? Again, Ground Zeroes has this variety, but it's almost missing in TPP. Baffling. And as a long time Mteal Gear fan, these are basically the biggest disappointments: A series that has so many standout moments that linger fondly in the memory, concluded with TPP: A game that controls amazingly in an environment that doesn't take advantage.

the game was gutted by Konami into parts

which is essentially a unfinished castrated game but still with a 90+ rating

The villains motivations make no sense, literally everyone is incompetent, the literary callbacks are cringy as fuck and make very little sense as well, the story is irrelevant to the canon and terribly stupid to boot, and many more which I've forgotten.

You autistic fuckers have nothing new to say, it's always "you had a headcannon" or "you wanted Big Boss to shoot children, boo hoo".

>and I thought it was great
Nobody cares what you thought, dipshit. The story is objectively terrible, which is something that's painfully obvious to anyone that ever listened to a single Code Talker tape.

no it wasn't

those are opinions, not arguments lul

prove it

Too different to purists, too niche for casuals. The best moments in the game are probably one of the best moments I have had in gaming, But did not expect the payoff to be a grind hell.

>game is so fucking shit that it killed /mgg/
KEK

who

/turbo autism on
Skull Face lets Venom go two times after capturing him, and ultimately ends up dying to his own Metal Gear by banking on something as unstable as Child Mantis. Child Mantis is literally nothing more than a deus ex machina, in a game filled with one-dimensional characters like mr. exposition dump in a wheelchair or a mute sniper that's based on an actress that can't act.

Eli is criminally underused and would've remained as such if Konami let Kojima finish the cut chapter. There's very little in terms of characterisation, he just grunts at you, tries to beat Venom in combat, and overall acts like a child with 90IQ as opposed to the 180 that he's supposed to have. I'm baffled by the fact that he was included at all.

Venom's characterization is down a bare-bones minimum, Ocelot loses his entire iconic character in favor of being mr. goody-two-shoes spouting obvious shit, and whatever Miller had going in PW is wasted on him being an angry cripple, because I guess in Kojima's mind he's the only person that would be mad about MSF getting fucked.

I could go on for another twenty posts with this shit, but I don't have to bother, honestly. None of you fuckers have EVER managed to refute most negative stuff written about V and its plot, because it's objectively terrible. It's nice and fine that you like it, just don't pretend you can defend it.

play it to the end then cry

>he doesn't know that 95% of MGSV is filler
>talks about refuting "negative" stuff

kek

So? There's such a thing as good filler, as opposed to painful one that makes you want to kill yourself whenever a character opens their mouth.

it's not real life dude and we have no indication that Skully even knew who Mantis was

>Eli is criminally underused
Opinion

>Venom's characterization is minimal
Sure, but that doesn't make it a bad game, miller was angry because he learned about Venom before the start of the game and he's missing limbs and MB got blowed up

>Opinion
How is that a fucking opinion.
>it's not real life dude and we have no indication that Skully even knew who Mantis was
Learn to read, Skull Face being incompetent and Mantis being a flying deus ex machina are two different problems with the game.
>Sure, but that doesn't make it a bad game
It's one of the issues with the plot, just because it's somewhat justified doesn't mean Venom doesn't come off as a non-character that's disinterested with most things going on around him.
>he learned about Venom before the start of the game
Now you're just revealing that you didn't pay attention, I guess that's why you didn't mind the plot being shit.
>he's missing limbs and MB got blowed up
He could do more than be half-insane and get mad so Venom doesn't have to be, though. He comes off as one-dimensional because that's literally all that his character is about, when even his blank-PW self had more going on from tapes and other shit. The writing is fucking lazy.

>Now you're just revealing that you didn't pay attention

am i now?

>There's such a thing as good filler

not sure what you expect from a unfinished game but you apparently missed the multiple indications and ruses which lead to a follow up
if you are that easily triggered by va you probably should kill yourself anyways or move to a simpler game like minecraft