Is this a good game Sup Forums? I just finished tales of Berseria and it was alright and I need a new game to play...

Is this a good game Sup Forums? I just finished tales of Berseria and it was alright and I need a new game to play. How long is this game? Is it as good as the reviews say? Do I need to play the first game?

It would be a shame if you don't play the first game but its not nececery to enjoy the second one considering it takes place before the first game and i think the story is incredibly loosely tied.

If you thought tales of Berseria Was good then every game must be a masterpiece to you

thanks user. I was debating between this or yakuza 0 while I wait for P5. I might actually pick it up

I found Tales of Berseria to be the best Tales of since Vesperia to be honest. I guess it has just been a while since I have played a decent Tales of. Everything after Vesperia was shit

>adding all those extra polygons just to show how constrictive her stockings by the deformation of her thighs

>huge selling point is the sex appeal of 2B
>wondering why they would put effort into making her sexy

>gameplay and technology by Platinum
>story, characters, and music by Taro / Okabe and SE

Your damn right this game is great. Before you start thinking about replaying the previous games, I'd like to remind you that Nier is not the first game. You'll have to play the Drakengard series as well as Nier in turn follows up from an ending of Drakengard 1. What you have to keep in mind though is that the previous games have had average and competent to terrible gameplay, so no, you don't need to torture yourself by playing the previous games. Automata is already a lengthy game, so you'll get your fix of Taro excellence in Automata.

>implying they added a lot of extra polygons
It's quite simple to add some skindentation desu

>How long is this game?

game took me 50 hours to get Ending E with 38 out of 60 sidequests done.

>Is it as good as the reviews say?

Its dang good as an overall package but I think most reviewers are overselling the game's combat. The combat itself feels good but it has three huge issues holding the gameplay back.

1. Difficulty balance is fuck. Normal is way too easy and hard is 1-2 hits and you're dead most of the time. There needed to be a mode that was difficult enough to where you would feel like you were in danger of dying sometimes but you still felt like you could get in there and do cool combos without being severely punished for it.

2. Dodging is stupidly OP. Counters take no actual timing whatsoever and the I-frames you get are insane.

3. Enemy design is pretty bad. Bosses are mostly mediocre and the regular enemies are pretty uninteresting mechanics-wise.

Its sad because if you just made some tweaks to how dodging worked, made it so you couldn't pause heal, and fixed the difficulty balance the gameplay would have been great, even with the lackluster enemy design.

It's a average mashy action game typical of Platinum does. That's all it has for it.

If you look at Taro's previous games you'll see it's nothing but mediocre ~65 / 100 games.
Automata is the same except that it was developed but a somewhat competent team this time and has an awesome OST. That's pretty much it.

>and has an awesome OST

You make it seem like Automata is the exception , even though every Taro game has an awesome OST.

The only thing holding taro games back was the horrible gameplay. Upgrading that from horrible to whatever you would classify automata's combat (I think it's fine gameplay and it looks nice) is enough to make it fantastic.

You don't lose 30 pts just because of gameplay. Nier and DoD3 gameplay weren't that bad.

Bad design, technical issues (graphics), contrived writing and storytelling are all responsible for shitty ratings.

>contrived writing and storytelling

What?

The "contrived writing and storytelling" is what most people will tell you is the best thing about Taro's games, though.

>5000 years after the first game >before the first game

lol its funny because thats the opposite of whats true haha xD

It's a very good game, i'd even say a great game but Sup Forums has overused that term way too much for only decent titles like for it to be belieavable to a random stranger.

If you seek an action rpg it's excellent, otherwise it's only a solid 8 (a real one, not by the gaming media inflated standards)

Depends on which first game he's talking about.

>Never heard of Nier
>See Sup Forums talking about 2Bs sex appeal
>Dig deeper into the game's story
>Love the tone and concept
>Loving the game so far

>mfw i literally came for the booty and stayed for the story

you don't need to add extra polygons to do that, you just have to move and scale them

Can you play without 9S at all? He seems like a faggy gay boy that gets in the way of my wifu half the time everytime i see a gameplay video

There's no reason for 2B to like 9S