HOW IS THE VOICE ACTING SO BAD IN THIS

HOW IS THE VOICE ACTING SO BAD IN THIS
Seriously, it's awful, I HATE the cutscenes because of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

furaffinity.net/journal/8109359/
youtube.com/watch?v=ivxCRVFHwrM
youtube.com/watch?v=u8D22c4sHpM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yū_Shimamura
strawpoll.me/1052391/r
youtube.com/channel/UCY0DAi7uJia-9BUUQ65wHzQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a mobile game, think ur expectations might be a bit unrealistic

I paid $80 for this, it should be polished!

I like it

I don't think it's bad. It's not particularly good, but it's not like a crime or anything.

hey at least u didnt buy a switch just to play it like some cucks

WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE US THE JAPANESE VOICES AS WELL
BUT I DID

unfortunate

>he doesn't use the latino voices

SHIGGY

How do I get jap voices?

Isn't it just "Ole Ole Ole Tacos Tacos Tacos"?

You know I thought the voice acting was bad too, but then I got to the champion cutscene and realized something.

the only bad ones are zora/impa/zelda/the king
more than likely the first 4 voices you hear.

but really though they need to shoot the guy they hired to find voices.

I like the voices. The only objectively bad one is Impa, and holy fuck is she bad.

why are jap old ladies way better than english old ladies.

is it cause they ham it up or something and the english ones are just old ladies talking?

the voices sound like they spoke every word separately and not as actual sentences, and random half the words have a british accent thrown on them.
The voices just don't sound natural at all.

It's the other way around. English VAs often ham it up while Japanese VAs are just old ladies speaking normally. Impa in English is very clearly a 30-something trying to sound old.

The only good old woman in an English dub I can think of is the big headed witch in Spirited Away.

are you telling me that old women in japan actually talk like that?

because they got literally who furries to do it

I play EVERY game in english but I actually think they did a good job with latino voices this tiem around, specially the King, but too bad that they pronounce Hyrule "EE-ruh-leh", otherwise it's pretty good IMO.

Japanese voices is so much better

youtube.com/watch?v=ivxCRVFHwrM

youtube.com/watch?v=u8D22c4sHpM

Only Zelda's is bad in my opinion. Every other VA is fine

I realized that it's so bad because the directors for every western language made the actors try too hard at sounding like the japanese ones, which turned into a shitfest because western girls aren't supposed to try to sound like asians, it just doesn't work.

Both the italian and english version have the same exact problem

This is a strong case of.
>if it doesn't work don't do it

Probably the most polished open world game I've ever played.
I did find a glitch though. If you climb up the steep cliffs near that Shrine maze in the desert, one of the rocks is hollow on the inside and you can just climb on nothing but air. You can't get out unless you go back the way you came though.

Because they gave no shits

It's honestly a travesty
I mean, the game has its' minor issues, but the voice acting knocks it down a full peg
I've watched cutscenes in mute (and they're better that way) and disabled Mipha's Grace because I don't want to hear that travesty

Anywho, carrots and horses
Can you boost stats this way?

There's a difference between just putting on a voice and hamming it up. I'm not Japanese, but my grandmother's voice did sound strained like that.

JUST USE THE JAPANESE VOICES AND SAY THEY'RE SPEAKING HYRULLIAN

They're not all awful but none of them are professional

I heard Sharkbro's Italian voice is good, is it?

Urbosa, Revali, Teba, and Datuk are fine.
Rhoam, Mipha, Sidon, and Riju are meh.
Zelda, and Impa are terrible.

The voice acting is okay.

>that slight haggard breathing

is there anyway to change the voices to jap?

>Mipha
>meh

She sounds like she's too close to the fucking mike half the time
That wouldn't be acceptable from an indie game

The did the voice overs in the middle of the voice actor strike so they just hired random no names to voice it.
Besides Zelda sounding weird I don't think it's bad.

Jap voices aren't great either. I wish they got some proper Brits to do the voiceover instead of going with an overacted one.

THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THE JAP PACK

Hey now, I'm not defending their choice just explaining why it happened.

nevermind figured it out.

How

Because NOA and Treehouse are bunch of hacks.

Toggle it in options.

Where in options?

language options

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yū_Shimamura

>Her work in video games includes voicing Princess Zelda in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

SUPERIOR

I warned you guys it was a bad idea. A good chunk of you believed me. But 29% of you wanted voices. And 72% of you wanted voices of some kind.
strawpoll.me/1052391/r

This is what you wanted. You should be happy.

THIS.

>Walking around the world and hearing the female npcs make cute anime character noises

>homu homu
>Fufufufufu
>OIIIII!

Well Revali, Teba, and the Deku Tree are voice by a Furry.

He also does voice work on Bedfellows

youtube.com/channel/UCY0DAi7uJia-9BUUQ65wHzQ

Jesus Zelda is like Padme in this, every cutscene there's a different dress and hairstyle

I have it in wii u but for the sake of my life I don't know how to get the Latino dub. My system is in Spanish already

Jesus Fucking Christ now I hate that bird fucker even more.

Based CEMU undub soon.
I've played it already though, I can feel the emotion in text, but when Zelda speaks I just cringe or laugh, fucking awful.

>HOW IS THE VOICE ACTING SO BAD IN THIS
only the burgers one

Yeah they're pretty shit. Second playthrough and beyond will be in Japanese. No real downside, just gotta flip a setting on my Wii U.

Because Nintendo fell for the British meme. In lieu of finding good voice actors, they just hired low cost British voices.

>The only objectively bad one is Impa
Zelda is the worst of them all. And once again a 100% rate of people who use the word 'objectively' being wrong.

I grew to like Zelda's voice, honestly.

The more I play, the more it just annoys me. I kind of dread finding new memories because I know she's gonna be talking. But opinions.

Really the only decent voice I've heard so far is the Old Man. And even his voice became annoying in his big reveal. I think a large part of the problem is the direction they're being given. The Deku Tree for example is obviously speaking really slow on purpose, probably to match the timing of the scene. So the voice actors may be decent, but the way they're being directed is horrible. Same problem Final Fantasy X had.

And all the more reason every Japanese game should be required to have dual audio. Especially since it's obvious the lip movements are timed to the Japanese voices.

>Especially since it's obvious the lip movements are timed to the Japanese voices
I wonder what Bioware and Guerilla's excuse is.

Oh well maybe Guerilla makes their games in Dutch first, that would give them an out. Bioware has no excuse.

They should have hired a new actor for The Great Deku Tree, as he shares an actor with Rivali. I love Daruk's and Urbosa's voices, though.

You can RIGHT NOW use japanese voices in the game if you have a WiiU

There is no such fucking thing

I'm not totally sure about Zelda yet, but I am 100% positive that Mipha is an American faking a British accent. When you grab the map from her dungeon she actually drops the accent for that one line and it sounds pretty good.

Also, why the fuck would she be British at all? Literally every other Zora speaks American English, including HER FATHER AND BROTHER.

You can on Switch, didn't realize you even could on Wii U. How does that work?

You have to change your system region to Japanese.

>I wonder what Bioware and Guerilla's excuse is.
They're reusing animations from 10 year old games. Same as Rockstar. The textures and quality of the graphics improve, but they continue to use the same body and facial movements developed back on the PS2.

Movement is the next uncanney valley they need to fix. Japanese games are actually making a lot more headway on this than western games.

Should have been He-roo-leh...or just go with spanglish.

>Japanese games are actually making a lot more headway on this than western games
Some things never change.

Which also changes all the text to Japanese, so enjoy that.

>trying to read runes when you can just hear and understand them
Fucking bakas

honestly, the most important character had the worst VA. Fucking fire that bitch who voiced Zelda.

it might depend on region no? i'm in the U.S and got the latin american VA

Well, Japan does have a lot more artistic focus than the west does. They're improving character movement because they're open to using hand drawn animation. While western games are too focused on realism and computer rendering. Which unless you have a Pixar budget, will never look good.

The game would have sold better if it had full nudity with dick physics.

Pretty sure Zelda outsold that Conan game that has literally that.

Fuck off weeb. Not fucking everyone has the fucking time to learn a fucking impossibly illogical new language

It's easy to fucking learn if you learn to listen instead of read it you turbobaka.

sidon's VA quality really drops like a fucking rock in water the moment you get to the reservoir

dick physics doesn't make a bad game a good one.
but it makes a good game a great one.

just like girls.

So just did the Special Delivery Sidequest

Did I just help out a pedo?

I mean, Finley's pretty much a kid, right?
I know Zora's age differently, but still

If you're a fucking autist maybe

I watch a ton of anime and still only know basic words and no grammar, and there's no courses for it in my nearby area. So no, it's not fucking easy

>Fuck off weeb.
>I watch a ton of anime

Yet English is one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world. If I were British there would probably be "u"s next to every "o" in everything I wrote.

Watching anime doesn't make you a weeab. Being an autistic little shit about Japan does

>oh link! link! please help save hyrule!

>I watch anime so learning a language isn't easy
>ur an autist
Nigga I don't even have to post to embarrass you.

British is the poor man's American. It sounds fucking awful, I wish every British person was forced to cut out their tongue

>Nintendo of America in charge of good Voice Directing

Zelda doesn't even need voice acting to begin with.

Japanese is widely considered one of the harder languages to learn

IS LINK HOT TO YOU?

yes, even the option to turn off the voice acting would make this game better than the english dub

Zelda's VA is from Michigan so she's definitely not British.

And I don't think they're trying to imitate British accents specifically. Look up the transatlantic accent, it's a dead accent nowadays but was basically used to display upper class/wealth/high education in American theater, media, etc. Pretty much a stereotypical accent of well to do people, which I think is what they were trying to tap into in their performances. Just to sound princessy, essentially.

The written language sure, because of the kanji based on Chinese language, which itself was deliberately made to be more difficult to learn than necessary to avoid commoners picking it up and creating demand for interpreters and learned people.

That being said the verbal language obviously is no harder to pick up than literally any other.

Am I missing something? It's by no means good, but if you think that's bad you would have suffered in the PSX days.

Do the dragons respawn with a bloodmoon?

Can I get English subs with taco speak? I never watch Telemundo so my Spanish is limited to asking for the bathroom and for ordering meals.

They should just get an experienced VA in the cast to direct it. FE:Awakening, for all of its flaws, had pretty fantastic voice acting since Patrick Seitz helped direct it.

You can with english text + JP voices in homebrew WiiU, easy as hell

I liked Daruk and the Gerudo champion. Sidon was pretty good too.

Impa and the King were okay.

Zelda ranged from ok to pretty bad. The Rito was not good.

Mipha was fucking terrible like holy fuck her voice makes me want to kill myself.