Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Roster

Alright Sup Forums, tell me what's wrong with this picture and MAYBE Nintendo will add Diddy Kong to the roster.

Not too much, really. The Koopalings are all animated differently and have different weights, so them being seperate is fine. The babies looks like a bit much, but they're lighter alternatives to the regular versions, so if you're gonna complain about Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy, you might as well complain about Luigi and Daisy too. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach look bad at first, but they are heavier variants for people who happen to like Mario and Peach, so they're still okay at best. Villager and Inkling could have probably been put into themselves as alts, unless the male and female variants actually do have different animations, but if they're animated the same with the same stats, then yeah that's dumb and padding.

The only real travesties are Tanuki Mario and Cat Peach, those two have absolutely no reason to exist beyond pure wastes of filler. Gold Mario's probably just a bragging rights alt for Metal Mario, so whatever to that.

sasrt is better than mk8

Make all the babies into enemy characters, make metal peach, cat mario and cat peach into boss characters, make male/female inkling and villager into one slot characters and replace the former occupied lots with other nintendo characters, like captain falcon and excitebike driver.

100% better.

Who the fuck cares about the roster? It's the least impactful aspect of the game.

-remove babies
-remove metals
-remove cat and tanooki

Replace with:
Birdo
Diddy Kong
Funky Kong
Petey Piranha
Honey Queen
Wiggler
Kamek
Pianta
Wart

No black, latino or asian characters.

Nintendo is racist.

Inklings in MK are fucking shit.
>lame animations, they look like those wacky inflatable tube men
>3 colours per gender, no cinnamon woomy
>they're all palette swaps (one of which isn't even correct because Blue Squideye goes with a wristband) and not wearing different clothes and weapons
>releases close to Spla2n and yet features only Splat1-style woomies and a special that is getting cut in the new game
>stupid MK lighting make them look creepy as fuck
>not true to their actual size, inklings are really tiny
Ninty is lazy even at reusing assets.

Koopalings are fine as they're all different weight classes due to them all being proportioned differently.
Male/Female villager and Male/Female Inkling have no reason not to be in one slot that, when selected, you can just swap between.
Baby Rosalina and Daisy have not even been in a fucking game. There's no reason for them to exist. Same goes for Pink Gold Peach.
Tanuki Mario/Cat Peach should also occupy the same slot as Mario/Peach, I feel.
Toad should be Captain Toad.

>babies
>power up suits
>metals
>generic enemies
>cameos

Inklings and Animal Crossing reps are unnecessary.

Babies, and metal characters can get removed too. Same goes for Takuni Mario and Cat Peach.

Did you look at the OP image?

>Remove ASAP
Tanooki Mario
Cat Suit Peach
>Remove
Baby Daisy
Baby Rosalina
Metal Mario
Pink Gold Peach
>I'm a nitpicking bitch
Make the koopalings and bowser jr take a single slot a little like shy guy and yoshi does. Voila. You now have 6 extra slots for characters. 13 if you count the extra row the koopaling gave us. I'll try:
>Decent list I guess, dunno. Maybe my taste is shit
Diddy Kong (Duh, why is he not here yet?!)
Funky Kong
Pauline
Kirby (I want the trailer to be real)
Cpt Falcon (Cmon, he got two tracks and his own car already. I wanna see a grown-ass pro racer bounty hunter bully baby peach goddammit)
Petey Piranah (Forgot someone nintendo? King boo had a partner in double dash you colossal faggots)

If you're gonna remove the feather and lightweights, you have to replace them with other feather and lightweights

>remove babies, metals, costume freaks
yeah I can get behind that taste. I could keep Baby and Metal Mario, but heh, not a big loss for getting rid of the rest. decent taste.
>Replace with Birdo, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Pianta.
Pretty decent standard choice.
>Kamek
Why? Don't see the apeal. Maybe I'm just a faggot.
Wart
>Wart
Pretty Clever actually
>Wiggler
No
>Honey Queen
That's it; FUCK YOU!

They announced a new character a couple days ago, though.

No, I'm not joking.

I'm legitimately curious as to who you guys "main" in MK8

DK, Wario, Waluigi and Female Villager.
I'm gonna main Orange Inkling Girl when Deluxe is out though.

>No blue haired squid girl

>Why? Don't see the apeal. Maybe I'm just a faggot.

Because Kamek's awesome and he was going to be in Mario Kart 64 until he was replaced with either Wario or Donkey Kong and they never put him back in the later games for some reason.

Tanooki Mario but Bowser Jr. when MK8D hits.

If I get it.

WHENS KIRBY!?

Yellow Shyguy..

Villager has different stats on their gender variants in the Wii U game, anyways.

Blue is a boy color.

Why are these rosters so bland? Is it really too much to ask for it to be more like smash's roster?

Yeah? I'm a boy. I like girls. Give me blue girls goddamnit.

The only characters that really matter are the original 8, Wario, Mii, and arguably Daisy and Rosalina. Everyone else is there to make things less boring or are added as filler. The idea of having a bigger roster only started with Double Dash, and some games went backwards, with DS removing most DD newcomers, and 7 removing most of Wii's, with the original 8 having new characters instead of re-adding them.

Another thing to remember is that clones/filler characters have been a thing since Double Dash, and Wii's roster, which most people praise, had multiple characters sharing skeletons and animations with each other so the devs wouldn't have to create more animations.

>Babies
>Metal duplicates
>Furry duplicates

I love MK8 but there are too many babies and stupid metal recolors. All the Koopalings suck too.

Where is Funky Kong? Diddy? Kamek? Birdo? Kirby?

What if they did a BLACKED collaboration like the mercedes one. And added two new racers for Peach and Donkey Kong? Would you buy it?

Racing game with Nintendo cameos and no Captain Falcon

I'm just happy that my boi Dry Bones is finally back. Couldn't care less about the number of babbies or metal characters there are.

4 marios
4 peachs
2 daisys
2 Luigis
2 Rosalinas
2 Bowsers

Padded roster is padded. I will never not be mad at this.

I will main the Inkling Girl and King Boo in MK8D

Take out rows 3 and 5, put in Diddy Kong, R.O.B, and Petey Piranha. Nobody asked for 50 fucking characters in these games and it just leads to more time at the menu with your dick in your hand waiting for some idiot to choose a character.

>yfw DLC pack will add Funky and Diddy, Birdo and Kirby as well as Lillie from Pokémon

Am I alone in wishing they would scrap stats on karts in favor of making the customization just cosmetic? I feel like that too would speed up people choosing karts as well. I literally just randomly pick shit after selecting a character. Feel like weighted characters are enough

Tell me why you're mad though. It doesn't make any sense to be.

>Not just ditching stats to let your fashion sense go free
Are you not a faggot?

>You can now break while drifting

You could always do this, but does it have any new effects? Like, does it make you turn sharper? Give you less boost?

There's nothing majorly wrong but they should've just gone full Nintendo Kart.
Also, allow us to sort the roster by weight class. Seriously, it's fucking annoying.

I honestly feel like I should get the Deluxe version for like 15-20€ if I own the base game and all the DLC for the WiiU.

This is just jewmania

I generally like how the default kart looks with maybe a different glider in most cases. But overall I don't give a fuck about what I'm driving. I have friends that literally check the stats on every kart/wheel/glider especially when its their first time playing and it eats up a shit ton of time. Its god damn obnoxious

That new purple drift?

Sounds like you're just a bunch of impatient angry babies.

I actually see what you mean. Always happens with new players. They either say "fuck it" and go for standard or take like 10 minutes just to choose an "Optimal" build that is never really optimal.

How am I impatient? I just wanna have orange monster wheels on my prancer...

Yes, you are a faggot

I'll main Bowser Jr. since I didn't buy MK8 on Wii U

Sure, but is it just aesthetic, or does it have any effect?

>2 daisys

This is the biggest sin

Fucking this

I'd rather have just "Boo" than King Boo

I know that sounds retarded as fuck, but I'm a dumbass

It's not a big deal though

Why does this king Boo look nothing like the Luigi's Mansion one anyway?

Same here tbqh, specially if they don't ue the Luigi's Mansion design

Where is the Gold Mario I saw in the trailer?

You forgot to mention that Gold Mario is the reward for getting Gold Trophies on all 200cc cups.

Hopefully just a Metal Mario alt

>Lillie from Pokémon

I wanted Nabbit ;_;

>Lillie
you guys are cool, don't go to game freak tomorrow

These characters are meh, Dark Pit when?

Does anyone know if the game includes the Mercedes-Benz DLC?

I sorta hope they release a toon link alt for Link

This is important.
No Mercedes-Benz no buy
I am curious though

I really need to know this

Bowser since Super Mario Kart SNES. Full standard all the way.

>Removing content makes it better

>Where is Funky Kong? Diddy? Kamek? Birdo? Kirby?

The Koopalings are way better than any of those characters, you collosal faggot.

Nobody gives a shit about fucking Funky Kong or Kirby.

he said to talk about what was wrong with the roster, I posted the characters that were wrong and could be replaced with better characters

But, there is nothing wrong with the roster and those characters wouldn't be replaced. They're filler characters. They don't take up any slots and took minimal effort to add in.

Koopa but now that dry bones is in he will be my main.

the costumes/metals whatever but all of the babbies have their own models and voices

Absolutely nothing. The babies and alt versions of Mario and Peach might seem a little extraneous but that's exactly what they're supposed to be - just extra content for people who want a different look or weight that took basically no time at all to develop.

Everyone that's even remotely important except for maybe Birdo is already in the game, and on top of that there are some really cool newcomers like Link, Inklings, Isabelle and the Koopalings.

Honestly, MK8 easily has the best roster in the series for including the Koopalings alone.

>Nobody gives a shit for Kirby
>Koopalings are way better

Not him, and everyone loves Kirby
but non-Mario characters shouldnt be playable in Mario Kart

but with Link and Isabelle, I don't know anything anymore

Koopalings are 7 distinct characters that are actually from the Mario universe. Kirby doesn't belong.

The only babies that Mario Kart should have are Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in my opinion

There's only one glaring omission.

The Koopalings ARE way better than Kirby though.

I've been playing Mario Kart 8 on Wii U on a nightly basis with my brother for the last month or so. After being burnt out by Smash, I still somehow enjoy Mario Kart even after all these years.

Smash I went into intensely for two years and while I loved the game and people I met through it, it just felt kind of empty in the end. Meta this, tiers that, tourney results out the noggin, then doing the same attacks again and again.

But Kart despite its simplicity has always been fun and intense in a genuinely enjoyable way. I just can't put my finger on why I keep coming back.

But ultimately now I prefer Kart over Smash.

They should just make Mario Kart into Smash Kart

>See Bowser plushie
>instantly think of super mario logan
Fuck whoever showed me that shit

>Smash Kart
No, it'd be called Super Kart Bros

There's no room for more characters.

This would have to be an alt. How would his icon look? They have the exact same face.

Just throw a pair of wings on it.

Here, have another.

My only problem with MK8 is that the item balance needs some serious tweaking. Including useless coins in the item box was fucking stupid because if you're ever playing online and were in first/second place, you had no way of defending yourself from the onslaught of red shells. One might counter that this "evens the playing field" if someone in first is like way far ahead, but the spiny shell already HAS that purpose and the boom box is so fucking rare that most players in the lead won't ever get it.

I hope coins aren't still in those item boxes in MK8 Deluxe.

Man I'd totally buy plushies if I wasn't Scrooge McDuck

Maybe this is what the double item boxes might try to fix. If you're in first and grab those, you have a better chance of getting at least something else besides a coin.

Are you serious?

I know MK8 is a party game but as far as the "meta" goes, coins are absolutely mandatory. Hell in scrums sometimes I am happy I got a coin after getting turn to shreds by the mob.

Every coin gives a boost to your overall speed and 10 doubles it. That is decreasing the gap between you and other players or increasing depending. Its not ideal no, especially not if in first but itdefinitely is underrated.

I actually got that small, dopey looking Bowser one. Its cute. I like plushies. Harmless, cute, fun to just mill around with before bed and look nice when propped somewhere. Sentimental value goes through the roof.

Niggersquids

>Every coin gives a boost to your overall speed and 10 doubles it
I keep seeing this claim, but I have never really seen any proof that this is the case. 10 doubling your speed? That sounds absolutely ridiculous and inaccurate. If anything, having 10 coins would give you a maximum of 20% speed increase.

This is Nintendo defense force at it's finest...look at how many of those characters are complete shit...count if you can.

>doubles

You're an idiot.