Mod gets popular

>mod gets popular
>casuals flood the community
this is true pain

Other urls found in this thread:

bro.ma/launcher-preset/
youtube.com/watch?v=MuMnupdg1XQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All those ACE servers that are forever gone.

Most of Dayz shitters don't even know what ACE is.

A3 is filled with Dayz wannabe mods, Battleroyale and whatever other bullshit that caters to the same crowd.

Only way to get an enjoyable experience out of Arma these days is community hosted events.

>playing on public servers
>wasting your time playing ACE on public servers
>caring about public servers at all
lmaoing at your life

This game is meant to be played with an organized group ( this doesn't mean you have to play with 15th MEU, there's more chill but still serious communities), not random shitters.

Arma is so unbelievably clunky,

I cannot wait until Squad has all the features Project Reality has, its going to be fucking awesome.

Public servers were great for introducing friends to the mods and they were great when you had a couple hours to fuck about.

I've been playing in the same community for some 6-7 years now.

The official ones are still pretty playable last I checked, but I see your point.. As in the ones running capture the intel or w/e the gamemode was.

>log in to Arma 3
>Everything is either Altis Life or KoTH
>Join KoTH
>takes five minutes to get in the server
>runs at 5 fps because the server is so bottlenecked
>pretty much just a shittier BF
What a waste.

>get arma 2
>just started playing
>join a mp server
>everyone shits on me for being bad
>meanwhile trying to get used to the clunky as shit controls and UI
>some autist bans me for """"griefing""""
great community you have here
uninstalled and went back to BF2 PR with no regrets

see

I was in a group. But the group usually only plays two hours during the day. I want to log in even when there aren't ops.

thanks for killing this franchise

>buy arma 3 with a friend
>fall in love with the game
>quickly realize that koth is absolute asscancer and that co-op s the way to go
>friend is never available to play and only plays arma in the blue moons that we're both online
>because of this he only barely understands the game and usually end up having to explain anything beyond "wasd to move, mouse to shoot" while we're in the middle of a life or death situation

How do I really enjoy ARMA? I've been playing Dynamic Recon Ops lately but the AI is just absolutely retarded. Where do I find a good community? Which pub servers aren't ass?

just play squad or PR,

squad if you prefer smaller scale or PR if you prefer a bigger scale, PR is free.

Squad and PR just seem like a more realistic Battlefield which isn't entirely what I'm looking for, I like all the little autistic details and sandbox opportunities ARMA has
besides, i paid 60 dollars already for this and wanna get my money's worth

is this the arma thread?

How can a mod that you don't even have to download ruin your entire single-player experience? Who plays DOOM for the multiplayer? You don't even need to expose yourself to mods in the singleplayer. Stop watching Let's Plays because that's the only way you're ever going to see the mod.

>Arma 3
>Join a server
>Get 23 fupus because they tied fupus to the server

When will they fix this?

Don't play on shitty servers?

I heared that Broma now has all their mods on steam. Forget about 3rd party programs that crash, have ads and take ages to download and enjoy the download speeds steam has to offer.
bro.ma/launcher-preset/

If you guys are looking for a community to play arma with try out BROMA. New Custom Mission every time on an excellent server with Headless Client!

Not sure about it, because I have never played with them and I am definitely not a broma shill. Probably sucks anyway... Right?

They are ALL shitty.
I have never found a server that let's me go past 34 fps. It literally never fails.

No they are not. And having low FPS sucks, but as long as you are operating with brothers it does not matter as much.

Ohh yeah? I played with broma once. It was the best day of my life and I've had wet dreams ever since.

Well at least DayZ and meme life mods made Bohemia really really rich, they hired a shitload of people to work on their future simulation techs.

Dunno if you remember but before DayZ, Arma3 development wasn't going anywhere and they were running out of cash.

For PVP, Squad is great and should get better. However as far as PVE, modding and combined warfare is concerned Arma3 remains totally unchallenged.

Also Zeus and the Eden editor are absolutely fantastic to use. Squad will never have that stuff.

Maybe once DayZ standalone is gets to it's 1.0 state it'll be better.

That or ARMA 4, hopefully just returning to contemporary warfare.

should I get arma 3 from humble bundle even if I don't have any friends who play it?

Yes. Arma is a great game, just find a group to do ops with, such as akb/a3g survivors or broma.

There's nothing in Arma 3 the distances itself from contemporary warfare. That and anyone who's not a mong is using the RHS packs for modern Russia and US stuff

>Have spent over 200 hours in Arma campaigns, screwing with the editor, as well as the shitty survival modes
>The only time I ever felt like I was operating with other people was playing the Domination servers on Operation Arrowhead

I was seriously dissapointed with the aesthetic they went with for Arma III. All these future rifles look silly to me. The fact I had to buy the Zeus DLC to use an AK was silly although I totally did it.
But really I liked the 90's/2000's soldiers way better

standalone is vaporware at this point

Runs perfectly fine for me, but so sick of faggot RPG servers and KOTH, unfortunately that's all that's left

I think everyone liked it better, but I'm glad I didn't buy any of the expansions, not getting that shit till BI stops being jews and cuts the price down

MODS FIX ALL OF THIS

EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME USES MODS

I hated the near future look they went with too, looks like ass. You can mod all of the classic weapons and stuff into the game for free though. Everything that was in ArmA 2 was made available for 3 as a mod

How often do you fags play EU hours?

Yet all other multiplayer games can make pub servers work, even the milsim-type ones. Bohemia got lazy and 1. assumed the community would do the job for them 2. used a a clunky format that ensured that players would be locked into a particular community unless they planned on downloading/pasting everytime.

>The fact I had to buy the Zeus DLC
nice bullshit, zeus is free

Been playing the Arma 3 campaign lately, is it usual for the later missions to be nearly fucking impossible? I know Im not meant to just cleave through everything like it was COD but it seems as I've got to the end of the game all my friendly units just keep getting wasted within minutes and I have to scrape my way through with sheer luck.

Yes, this is true. The public servers in Arma 3 are a complete clusterfuck and mostly due to Bohemia's incompetence and unwillingness to get their shit together and actually do their part for the community. They're like fucking IKEA with this shit. You shouldn't have to sign up to groups just to play the game as advertised.

Yeah, it's just pretty fucking difficult.

This is pretty neat. /a3g/ had BTSync which was a pain and always desynced to hell.

/a3g/ kicked out all the cool people, its a waste of space now and completely irrelevant

comfy blanket was always better than cephei

>Playing Arma for "operations"

Get a load of this living meme.

That's the only way you can have fun with the game. And it's also the way the game is advertised.

They keep updating it regularly though.

The development of the Enfusion engine is probably taking way longer than they expected.

kys

So far it's been all promises no delivery. They're a fuckton behind games that are now coming into beta and for which development started way after dayz was a thing.

It's a shame really since no other game quite has gun handling like arma.

>mod gets popular
>community fixes the entire game with modding
>developer blows all the fucking money and runs away to the mountains
>half asses a game
>fills it with leopard skin clothing
>reddit shoves their sticky hands into it complaining about berries
>everyone hates the game
>literally cant give the game away for free on humble bundle

By the time Day Z leaves EA it'll be deader than dead, the survival game genre has really progressed since Day Z was a thing (base building, settlements, taming animals/slaves) and nowadays it just seems so barebones compared to Conan or ARK.

I enjoyed playing it with friends.
Even alone its pretty fun hunting people.
I used to live on casual shitters.

>kid buys some special spawn loadout with a rifle and food and blood and stuff
>hunt his ass down following through trees and stuff
>hit him in the head with an axe or a makarov
>become fully geared
>shit on everyone
>go find people and kill them
>put their stuff in your backpack/vehicle
>sell stuff at marketplace
>use gold to buy base supplies
>build base
>drive around killing more people
>kill enough people to gain immense hatred from other people
>other people band together to hunt you
>go back to your base and kill people attacking it
>shove all their stuff in your base
>they keep coming back and you kill them
>-70,000 humanity
>out of space in base
>go crazy and start collecting watches
>60 watches in your backpack
>not even eating food and water anymore
>eating blood from bloodbags from people attacking you
>constant health draining
>must consume blood
>skulls and body bags litter the ground outside your base
>do karate dance in the middle of the skulls

youtube.com/watch?v=MuMnupdg1XQ

Do people still play the mod? I have ARMA 2+DLC sitting in my Steam library just waiting to be played.

>true pain
Try playing the campaign solo if you want to experience that. Once you stop having Sargent shitshooter carrying you throughout the first few missions, the flaws show and show quickly.

>They keep updating it regularly though.
>2 updates in all of 2016
>updating regularly
Okay buddy

Arma 4 better have a new engine or some shit. It's fucking tragic that Frostbite has all those anti-mod measures put in place because it would've been magic for a modding environment.

Not a lot

A2 still has a few thousand players on usually. I'm pretty sure that the vast majority are playing dayz with an even gayer minority that plays Life

They're making a new engine called Enfusion, Day Z currently runs a weird hybrid of Enfusion and the old engine while Take on Mars runs 100% enfusion.

4 is probably gonna run Enfusion with some legacy stuff to ensure compatibility with old ARMA assets

sup
You can go back to talking about Arma now

games fucking garbage. bought this the other day and played with an autistic milsim group. we literally spent 30 minutes walking to a location, another 15 minutes waiting while the team leader "observed the terrain", than another 15 minutes planning out all this shit, than we fucking watched convoys driving down a high way for 20 minutes as our "team leader" autistically kept "observing enemy positions" and radioing it in to some autist back at the base. than when our target finally appeared, instead of blowing it up with our guns, they blew it up with a jet. that was it. mission over, not a single shot fired. boring as fuck. autistic milsperg nerds need to get a life.

>They're making a new engine called Enfusion, Day Z currently runs a weird hybrid of Enfusion and the old engine

No it doesn't. Not anymore at least
DayZ 100% runs enfusion now. Enfusion is being built ontop of DayZ.

Why not just play on pub TvT and CTI? If you join autistic groups you deserve what you get.

And how's Enfusion? Because holy shit Arma 3 is a mess.

Some groups have a nice blend between arcade and milsim. Sounds just like a bad op really if all it took was a jet run to finish it.

>15 minutes waiting while the team leader "observed the terrain"
>20 minutes watching convoys drive down a highway
ahahahah oh my god is this a shitpost or did you seriously find the most anti-fun arma community out there?

>observes terrain
>can't see shit due to ARMA's play dough tier LOD

From what I've heard Day Z standalone runs better than Arma 3 now, but it's hard to judge since Day Z is still a fucking mess.

arma succs bros

>playing the game for what it was designed for?
>wow kys

>being an autistic sperg who probably salutes people and calls them sir in a fucking video game video game
>pretending to be an army man when you're just a fat coward NEET

ya definitely KYS famalamdingdong

The best moments in a video game are cinematic scripted moments like this, that actually aren't scripted and was all from real players.

thats the joy of playing sandbox games and making your own decisions and watching them unfold. unlike these "narrative driven" games where youre just hand held through some crappy video game writers idea of a good story and the gameplay is just filler content between cut scenes.

No...

ArmA uses the Real Virtuality.

Take on Mars uses the Enforce engine.

DayZ uses the Enfusion engine.

Which as they advertised it is supposed to be an upgraded Real Virtuality using techs from the Enforce engine but also new stuff and should be the basis for all their future games.

ArmaIV hasn't been announced yet and from their own word isn't going to be announced for a long time... They have plenty plans for Arma3 still, so we're stuck with shitty performances for a very long time.

>projecting that harshly
>that painful amount of irony

wew

ARMA is supposed to be a milsim you dumb fagot that's literally why it exists

It's like playing a racing game than telling people to kill themselves for actually racing like wtf are you doing playing a racing game if you despise people who race, so much to the point that you want them to die.

Played with you guys at armageddon or whatever that multi group event was called.

Pretty chill dudes, I recommend for anyone getting into organised arma, little to memey for my taste though but that was present every group there.

dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#Experimental_Changelog

That's not quite exactly true...

There's a bunch of mods of the mod Dayz that still get played.

You don't need to play it through steam so the actual numbers are probably a bit higher than that.

>tfw banned for life from EUTW
>for drawing dicks on map
>tfw you realize those are the only good servers

>There's nothing in Arma 3 the distances itself from contemporary warfare.

Maybe except the Predator suits, VTOL gunship and jeeps/APCs that looks like they're right out of Avatar or Dredd.

>my face I'm partly responsible for the *Life faggotry which killed the entire franchise for years to come
What do I do guys.

We shouldn't have to depend on mods for just putting it into the right timeline.

ARMA 3 should have been set in 2013, and if you wanted all that bullshit pseudo-future 2035 shit, you should mod it in. Not the other way around.

Contemporary warfare should be the baseline for ARMA 3, not the mod for it.

It's called emergent gameplay and it results in player stories that are way more exciting than any video game written story.

Hi Cephei!

What the hell else would you really do with ARMA 3, or ARMA in general?

who gives a fuck about life faggots? there weren't many good pub servers on ARMA 2 anyways, and if there were, they used so many mods that pubbies wouldn't touch em. The milsim experience is for private groups with their own guidelines. The milsim crowd and the altis life-wasteland crowd RARELY run into each other in game because they STICK TO THEIR OWN GAME MODES.

>the survival game genre has really progressed since Day Z was a thing

Not really, it's only gotten worse. Basebuilding, settlements, taming animals, none of that shit is survival or surviving. ARK, Conan might as well be Fallout 4 mods for all the 'survival' they have.

That's DayZ's biggest problem. People got sold on the idea of survival games, and then it turns out casuals and ADHD victims don't actually care much for survival in a survival game and just want to make it minecraft with better graphics.

I agree but it is a non issue because the base game is unplayable. You need to mod arma anyway and gun mods would get made by autists even if they were modding in the guns that already exist in the base game so it doesn't matter.

It's like Bethesda's games. You expect a shitty game but a great base for modders to build on top on.

That didn't kill the franchise. Bohemia did. Life is alright as a side server for goofy shit. But now it's the actual game because Bohemia is too incompetent to make actual public servers that resemble advertised material.

How are you responsible for Life?

He's one of those daiz koth faggots

>Do people still play the mod?

Yes. It's obviously not as popular as it used to be, community split between DayZ mod, Standalone, and ARMA 3 DayZ mods. Then you've got the problem that most of what's left is shitty Overpoch servers, the cancer that really spelled the end of survival games as a genre.

But there's still a half dozen or so servers that are playing vanilla DayZ mod with 30-50 people on it.

>banned for life from EUTW for drawing dicks on map

Kek

>95% of my hours in Garry's Mod are from TTT
>main server I play on had a great community and mods that weren't faggots
>TTT gets popular with YouTube cancer
>literal children who don't know or care about the rules start flooding the servers
>community dies

That nigger takes credit for STALKER being a financial success.

The base game wouldn't had been so unplayable had they actually put some effort into it. There's also a big difference between something that is part of the common package that everybody has installed and every special snowflake tweaked mod out there.

Fucking this.

>Dicked around in the campaign and editor enough, time to try multiplayer
>Try to connect to a vanilla, official server
>Some error about mod flag bullshit
>Oh I must have to disable mods that conflict with the server. I don't know why it's not automatically handled but alright...
>Disable the mod I think is causing problems
>Same error
>Disable all mods
>Same error
>Huh. The launcher must not properly be disabling mods. Pretty strange that a game that relies so heavily on mods has such a poor mod loader...
>Unsubscribe from the mod I think is causing issues
>Same error
>Unsubscribe from all mods
>Same error about a mod flag being invalid
>Have no mods but still getting mod flag error

>From what I've heard Day Z standalone runs better than Arma 3 now

It's not there yet, but DayZ has gotten a lot smoother, especially in cities.

Still a buggy mess though, but it's Bohemia, what are you expecting?

The problem is they're making games with these really big and complex concepts and things and they just don't have the money to do it right.

But unfortunately, the only people with the money to do it, wouldn't make a game like ARMA.

>ArmaIV hasn't been announced yet and from their own word isn't going to be announced for a long time

If they do it after all the planned DLC they've put out, soonest we might start hearing about an ARMA 4 would be 2019.

>you will never play Arma 3 on an engine like Frostbite or Fox Engine
Sucks.

>or Fox Engine
Thank fucking god.

It's been a solved problem for decades yet Bohemia can't get this right after all this time, despite being a game that is marketed as a bare-bones engine that requires modding. And is 100% the reason why everything is Life/DAYZ with tiny insular milsim groups.

If it could happen, I'd think the engines that'd work out the best would probably be Frostbite, Unreal or Cryengine.

How big is the mod pack? Been downloading for some time now.