So I got bored of running across the world simulator and the only soundtrack being ambient wind...

So I got bored of running across the world simulator and the only soundtrack being ambient wind. Let's talk about a good zelda game.

Who here likes TP? I haven't replayed it in years but i'm currently on my 4th playthrough(beat it 3 times via the gamecube over the years.) it's better than I remember.

Also how many times have you beaten the main zelda games? it's weird because even though I liked MM more iv'e only beaten it twice where as oot iv'e beaten 5 times and WW I lost count. Probably over 20 now including the HD version.

I enjoyed wind waker more but TP had better dungeon design.

I don't even remember anything about TP except that I hated most of the characters and thought they were ugly as sin

And that a heart container was literally made from two characters hugging. And that sky level was cool.

Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda. It's structured more like and adventure game than an open world game - the reason I don't care about Breath of the Wild and why I don't want to touch Wind Eaker ever again.

As wonderful as Skyward Sword is, I still like Twilight Princess better. If Twilight Princess had Skyward Sword's combat it would be the perfect video game.

Man I don't know how you can say that. That game had so many moments that made me cry or maybe i'm just a pussy I don't know. I think for a zelda game it was really good at trying to flesh out the characters a little more and in some areas it felt very cinematic. I don't feel it detracted from the game either.

worst zelda i ever played, ugliest one too

why didn't you like WW and liked skyward sword?

By the way, when I originally played Twilight Princess I had it loaned from a friend. It was Breath of the Wild that made me realise I want to buy it and play it again.

Ahh, those were the days...

All the 3D zelda games have the slowest fucking starts ever. TP was the worst offender of this.

I miss TP

I miss midna

WHY THE FUCK WONT AONUMA EVER DO TP "2"

alttp and oot got some continuation, and no four swords isn't it, I want what happens before four swords after TP

I played WWHD on CEMU until the Earth Temple.

I am so fucking bored, but the art and music is so good.

the HD port plays somehow worse

It's really good but it's probably the easiest zelda in the entire series.

OoT doesn't. It's 20 minutes before you're in the first dungeon on your first time and 10 minutes if you know what you're doing. Compare that to TP. It's almost 2 hours. 2 hours before the game really starts. On that note

Read the above. This is where it really detracted from the experience.

I just don't like open-world games. I know this sounds stupid in a Zelda thread, but I love the progression in Zelda. How you are able to access more of the game as you complete its challenges. I first played through Ocarina of Time in 2006, at age 16, and I enjoyed it even after having played Half-Life 2. It was the right mix of overworld and actual level design.

By contrast Wind Waker is almost all overworld, free-roaming stuff. The game and level design isn't all that great, the combot is horribly monotonous and the dungeons are boring. Yeah, it might be THE best-looking video game ever made for all I know, but I don't care for wandering around uninteresting open worlds and doing nothing else. It's why Morrowind is the only Bethesda game I am willing to play, because that game's world is at least original.

By contrast, Skyward Sword's overworlds actuall have deliberate design to them. They are actually interesting, and don't feel like vast expanses of nothing. And flying is more involving than sailing.

And of course, there's Skyward Sword's unbeatable combat, another reason why I don't care for Breath of the Wild. If you're gonna' go back to regular controllers, you either hand the combat over to Platinum of Fromsoft, or you don't make the fucking game because all we got was porcelain weapons and zero depth.

Oh yeah, this. Twilight Princess is great because it's the most cinematic Zelda.

>loaned

TP is like his redheaded stepchild. It was a reactionary game to win back the crowd who wanted the feel of the adult parts of OoT and hated the art style in WW. He left like halfway through to work on Minish Cap, and said TP was kind of a disappointment (on their end not the game itself). Which is why I'm still kind of mad the HD version didn't get as much love and attention as WWHD did.

How does Wind Waker HD perform on CEMU? Specs?

flawless 30 fps from cemu 1.7.2 onwards

before 1.7.2 it was 30 fps until you met a lot of particles like dragon roost island lava dungeon which went to 15 fps.
it is now fixed.

i7 @ 3.84 Ghz
gtx 970
8 gb ram (cemu can eat 3 easily)

>TP
>Good

Lmao. BotW blows it out if the water, unless you are a long, dreary dungeon fan

>BotW blows
I agree

I'm fucking mad

What the fuck Aonuma, that's the best traditional zelda you've ever done yet he hates it cause muh toon link, fucking hell

>i7
Shit. I have a i5. Does hyperthreading make that much of a difference?
How does it compare lookwise to the Dolphin version with a texture pack?

I think Nintendo understand that they lost their sensible adult fans right after the release of Twilight Princess, when it became apparent that the gaming industry was leaving Nintendo behind. That's the time when the sentiment "Wind Waker is the greatest Zelda ever" started spreading: Nintendo was left with children and emotional children - Sony could never get away with releasing an underpowered console because their fans are actually discerning. Meanwhile, Nintendo fans eat up the Wii U 2 without question.

And while it just makes business sense to milk the audience you have dry, it's why Nintendo will never make a game like Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, and ESPECIALLY Majora's Mask ever again. They understand that those are not the kinds of experiences Nintendo's remaining audience is equipped to deal with.

What TP did best out of all Zelda games is atmosphere. Shit blows me away, even all these years later. Nothing compares to sitting in the dark by yourself and playing through the fire, water, and twilight temple.

The games are different, user. I know you're memeing but still.

>How does it compare lookwise to the Dolphin version with a texture pack?

wwhd has the triforce quest and other stuff different

also looks different, imho the cel shading effect is weaker but the light and shadow is superb

>dungeon
>long, dreary
Was Wind Waker the only other Zelda game you ever played?

Maybe if we're just talking visually, but one thing I can't fault BotW is how it dropped companions, didn't overuse markers, and things can oneshot you finally. This is the same Nintendo that made that white tanooki suit. Like how did this happen in 2017, let alone from Nintendo? Shame about their hardware though.

Well I guess they wanted to build an experience on isolation and discovery.

At least they change the formula with every game.

>dropped companions
this is a bad thing it's like dragon quest games without party chat

I hate how I have to play through a 3h tutorial to get to the actual game, but it was pretty enjoyable after that.

Twilight Princess is a linear, handholdy railroaded piece of shit. It has some okay dungeons (more than can be said for Skyward Sword) but it's where the formula of

>go to place
>enter dungeon
>fight miniboss
>get plot coupon to open up more of the dungeon
>kill boss using plot coupon
>throw plot coupon into the garbage and never use it again

ad nauseum got fucking OLD. It's also a chore to replay because you're doing excessive tutorials that insult the player's intelligence for two hours before you're even in the first dungeon, and the game has way too much of a focus on a story but fails to make it compelling or interesting. Midna and Zant are the only well-written characters in the game, but most of the focus is on the boring humans. Fuck the Ordon village kids, I have never felt so forced to care about a group of such unlikable and dull characters in a video game before.

Midna was the only good companion. I'd include the King of Red Lions here too but that was mainly because he barely even functioned like the other companions. I wouldn't have minded another Midna provided they don't spoil any puzzles but if Fi was any indication of future companions then I'm glad they're just back to solo like the earliest game.

Fuck Ordon in general tbqh. Fuck their shitty fucking sheep, and the miniquests, just everything.

nah its a good thing

I liked Tatl, Ezlo, and Midna

I can see where you are coming from on some things. However, the problem with SS was how the overworld was segregated and that there like one town. It felt like they were going for a Metroidvania, maybe? But committed a ton of sins for that genre if they were. I'd love it if it were done well but a lot of the progression were these weird forced fetch quests and the segregation is a big no-no if you want progression to feel satisfying. That and Fi was everything people didn't like in a Zelda companion. Especially as a follow-up to a great character like Midna. These two alone made botw exist. Think about that. (Zelda devs have a weird habit of overcompensating. TP literally exists because people whined about WW's toon look).

I would love Fromsoft or someone else to fine tune Zelda combat while Aonuma has his back turned but this new game is already doing Witch Time stuff so no thanks for Platinum. It's certainly better than any combat we've had in a 3D Zelda, you might like SS but the pacing and concept really didn't work for me. It helps that enemies can actually hurt you again instead of this quarter heart nonsense. And that alone probably saves the game's combat. LttP was the last game where your heart count felt like it mattered. So while the combat has a lot of room for improvement it's great by Zelda standards. But I'm hoping they don't think their job is done on this front. I miss some of the directional inputs but at the same time Castlevania 4 had whipping in 8 directions and it made the challenge and level design of the game fall apart due to them treating it like an earlier title. Limited controls aren't inherently a bad thing. But while it works for botw, it still only works.

TP was easier.

Not him but hyperthreading is bad for emulation and Dolphin with mods looks better.

>Bloom out the ass
So close...

The bloom isn't as bad as the broken colors and cel-shading.

>>Bloom out the ass

oh yeah forgot that CEMU has a NO-BLOOM graphic pack

I got that pic off google.

Definitely has the best monster design of all the games.

Even the humans looked like monsters.

Too bad that boss doesn't attack you.

Never got very far in it because I spent fucking ages trying to figure out how to fish with that stupid fucking wii remote so I could fit some dipshit cat.

Wore me out so I stopped playing.

This was when I was like 13 though

It doesn't remove all of the bloom.

Dolphin with mods can't look as good. WWHD has a deferred renderer, you can't emulate that look with post-processing.

Do you have ADD? I get why people dropped majora because they didn't understand the time mechanic but fishing in TP is fucking easy.

Yes it can, it looks better.

WWHD's color is messed up, it has too much bloom, has no texture mods, and the cel-shading is missing in many locations which makes the game looks like a low budget Dreamcast game.

In the first phase, yeah that was bullshit

TP was my favorite 3D Zelda until BOTW came out.The only bad Zelda games are Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass, if you wanna count it. If I had to rank the mainline Zelda titles it'd be:

ALTTP > BOTW > TP > LoZ > OOT > Zelda 2 > MM > WW > SS

>wii
> 13 years old
>is now legal to post here for him

FUCK

Whats the longest youve spent on a Zelda game?

I think it took me over 90 hours to complete TP my first time because i went exploring so much.

2 hours when you know what you're doing.
I was playing TP with a friend's son and 3 hours into, we were still in the tutorial. Really unacceptable for what should be for children.

even worse that frogposters are still allowed to post

Got to the midget lady who fixes your tablet in BOTW and decided fuck it I'll go back and complete TP HD to use the amiibo functionality in BOTW.

Originally completed it on Wii launch.

I got to the Snow mansion last night.
Been getting all heart containers and side quests along the way.
I had fun doing the Malo Mart quest. It's still my favourite Zelda.

wait, I didn't even get that right.

I was 11 when wii came out, still 4 years over underage.

Not really, the wii remote just pissed me off. Was a fucking abomination of a console.

Was the first one I bought for myself and ended up replacing it with a ps2 cos it had no good games.

I spent probably 100+ hours on OoT: Master Quest my first play through to get 100% completion. I played the original OoT in the 1990s as a kid but Master Quest kicked my ass.

>have a whole forced tutorial where you toss those ram things
>only comes into play by the goron part
>first time you have to use it on a goron is set up like a tutorial anyway

What were they thinking?

The jew baby was fun. And some of the other villagers where ok.

Though Midna was indeed the best character.

You should try MQ3D. Mirrored and x2 damage taken on top of the MQ changes.

Something about the color of Link's tunic in TP makes me moist

Should have played it on the gamecube. No shitty flipped world was also a bonus.

I just finished BotW, loved the game but the ending and the final boss was awful.

It was really unfulfilling mostly due to the lack of dialogue, atmosphere or the final boss being too goddamn easy.

And I even got the true ending, which was LITERALLY NOTHING.
It's a solid 8/10 but it probably won't pierce my top 3 Zelda games and I played every single one except Skyward Sword.

You also use it when fighting ganon

Zelda cycle in full swing now, all those kids who were 10 when TP dropped are now gonna call it GOAT when in actuality it like every other Zelda after MM is at best mediocre.

Midna is still best zelda waifu though soI guess this is better than the WW cycle.

This is why i like BotW more than most 3d Zeldas, the overworld is the game and dungeons are secondary. In all the others everything between the dungeon is tedious busy work and just drags on forever.

I know. But that's the end of the game. I'm saying if you're going to force the player to do another tutorial the first time it's relevant why not just cut the goat throwing?

Stop parroting this fucking ''Zelda Cycle'' bullshit, there will always be people who like TP and SS, even during the release. People are currently praising BotW and still hold the same opinions towards TP and SS as they did before BotW was released.

>that pic

Haha. No, SS got cucked.

Cemu and Dolphin only use like 2 cores max so you won't see a difference in performance with more cores, only higher clocks.

more cores/threads*

People said the exact same thing about TP when SS dropped. Just wait until the "my first zelda was SS" kids grow up you'll see.

Yea, but before they would acknowledge it's inferiority to the past games (except WW). Now we're going to see a lot of "My favorite one is TP" from people who's first zelda was TP.
don't worry jimmy I denied the cycle when I was young too but it's real.

The biggest difference is that BotW is not an Ocarina clone and marks a new direction for the series. What's more likely to happen is a collective Zelda cycle. A camp of people who will pine for the traditional style of 3D games and not one game in particular.

I've finished all the Zelda games except for Tri-Force Heroes, the CDi games and Skyward Sword (The latter two I haven't even played yet.) Twilight Princess is the worst Zelda game I've played.
>Fuck-all side content.
>Empty overworld with too much padding.
>Incredibly easy bosses (even by the low standards of the series).
>Terrible story (even by the low standards of the series) with plot threads that never go anywhere and Zant getting fucked over as an interesting villain just so we could have Ganondorf again instead of something new.
>Items that are almost completely useless out of their dungeons (the Spinner being the absolute worst example of this).
>Tears of light.
>Wolf-Link is useless once you get the ability to transform at will.
>Twlight Castle and Hyrule Castle have god-awful dungeon design.
>That fucking hour-long opening section.

What are your top 3 Zelda games?

TP was fucking amazing.
Though the wolf thing never really clicked on me.
When the HD version runs fine on Cemu I might replay it.

1. Oracle of Seasons
2. A Link to the Past
3. Majora's Mask

Hello.

Yo!
How ya doing

I wouldn't agree with Oracle of Seasons being number one (being number three I could agree with) but that's a respectable top three.

Pretty good.

Oracle of Seasons has a sort of sentimental value to me.

I enjoyed Seasons and Ages so much but my top 3 are games I could replay on the spot and never feel burned out.

The original Zelda and Link's Awakening would be in my top 5.

And I also think that Phantom Hourglass doesn't deserve the hate it gets because I had a lot of fun

Never played TP, I didn't have access to a GC/Wii. Loved Wind Waker though.

Is TP playable on Dolphin? I might give it a shot.

>Friends hype WW
>Sup Forums hypes it
>It's charming but boring + piss easy
What a game.

I dunno what else you expected user. Even the most diehard WW will admit it.

If you swapped out the tear collection in Twilight Princess for the brillant Silent Realm sections of Skyward Sword, you would have a damn near perfect adventure game.

TP is very playable on Dolphin. Even the WiiU HD remaster is easily emulatable now.

I wasnt going to say anything cuz its a 3 hours ago post but holy fuck you are retarded.
Described literally 99% of the games in the series.