a
d

what are you guys rolling?

>blizz sorc

Before my computer died I was playing a Hardcore Fireclaw Werebear

I think the character expired. :(

sucsk fampai

did you have godo loot?

Picked this back up a couple of days ago.

My god, so much better than Diablo 3. I don't even know what they were thinking on 3.

I'm playing the superior game Path of Exile.

stop posting

How about YOU stop posting.

i dunno if d2 was just that much better than the online rpgs we have now or if i am nostalgic.

gettin my first soj was such a good memory

You're nostalgic. D2 suffers a lot from optimization. Path of Exile fixes most of things that were a burden in D2, flasks, gold, hitting a wall on Hell, endgame, etc.

I recently beat normal for the first time as a meteorb sorc, though I respecced into lightning once in order to kill Diablo and his dudes. Fire resistance is one hell of a drug, and I couldn't put up with 1 point static shock's range.

After getting to act 2 on hell I just kinda stopped playing.
I was one-shotting everything with frost orb, save for bosses and certain uniques/champions, all while teleporting through act 1 at lightning speeds.
Then I realized that I was going too fast and I'd eventually have to go back to lower level zones in order to gain EXP at a non-reduced rate.
That kinda killed the mood for me. Fuck farming for EXP, I just want to grind out fancy items.

Reinstalled PoE afterwards and got to act 4 before being bored and dropping the game.

Just once I'd love to get to the actual end-game of a diablo-clone and be able to do all the fancy shit that's going on around those levels. Just once I'd love to get my hands on them uber items that add the finishing touch and let you fuck around like it's a dynasty warriors game.
But I always get bored somewhere along the way and give up.

>hell
Nightmare*

Also, Act 2 is the worst fucking act in the game.
At least the oogabooga jungle gets better once you get to Kurast/travincial

oh boy another arpg thread where a bunch of faggots argue instead of enjoying all of games the genre has

Top kek.

Have mercy on yourself and just kys.

Diablo 2 is also fucking 17 years old.

I hope PoE can run better.

Why would I if I'm enjoying the time of my life, oh yeah you just have to be a contratian faggot just to fit in, gotcha.

They are still updating it in case you didn't know, so that argument is pretty silly. I think best thing that has happened to Diablo 2 that should have been there from the beggining is Akara's refund.

The problem is PoE took it's inspiration from eastern sun but then made the mistake of removing gold when it wasn't actually useless in the mod until very late into the game.

Why is it a mistake removing gold. The currency system is good the way it is now and I haven't heard complains about it from the community.

The thing that made Diablo 2 so fun is the characters, the music, and the atmosphere.

PoE, and Diablo 3, all lack this shit. PoE has the luxury of at least having more variety in builds, but there's nothing interesting in the games.

The only benefit those games really hav over D2 is they look better. Which is laughable if you're comparing it to game that's almost 2 decades old.

So, I tried PoE for the first time today, and while it is fun, it's incredibly overwhelming.

ES had the more or less the same currency system but you could still use vast amounts of gold to gamble uniques you want from vendors or contribute to summoning uber diablo.
But obtaining and upgrading items was less restrictive in the mod than PoE in general.

>ctrl + f "poe"
>7 found
aaaand thread hiden

So, online speedrun party when?

Why?

I'd be up for it if we all played on SlashDiablo, or a server hosted by Sup Forums (probably a pipe dream at this point since no one wants to do that).

I just don't want to deal with bnet's shitty servers

What about GameRanger?

And the main problem is finding the people at all, but with 5 we're ready

>GameRanger
Never used it before, desu. I'm done, though. Either we go with standard b.net, or we go with SlashDiablo (better community, but doesn't allow jsp/botting/spambots, but allows maphacks).

I want to be on a server where trading with more than 5 people is possible, if you get what I'm trying to convey.

Meant to say: I'm down for some D2 runs, though
whoops

Uninstall wizard

Yeah, either system is good, i was just thinking of a complete vainilla run from scratch, for old times' sake

Because POE fags are so insufferable not only do they shit up non-POE threads but they end up making the thread about POE somehow.

I wish I could still get into this. I've played it to death really and now I'm coping with Grim Dawn. It's just not the same man.

Every d2 thread there's a PoE shill.

Poisonmancer master race reporting in
Holy shit the assembly of that was something, super expensive online and nearly impossible without cheats in singleplayer

>nearly impossible without cheats in singleplayer
you need to run LK for high runes. should take 2-3 weeks or so to get an enigma.

>what are you guys rolling?
8 sorcs for MF mf botting, then a paladin for baals/ubers. Then a chant bot in case no games are up. Then i start making PK chars so i can ruin your fun and keep the game dead.

pic somewhat related

Yeah, and you also need like 3 poison rainbows on top of all the uniques.

stick with it. you will get endless hours out of it.

Yeah, endless hours of mindless grinding and rolling new characters that all play the same.

>you also need
you dont really "need" them. Poisonmancer is fairly cheap to start and get in late hell with.

The really hard to get, beside runewords, is Death's Web and a bunch of facet for completion, but you can still do without that.

so like any arpg?

I mean in the end, you chose which pretty animations/sounds you want to see on the screen and proceed to go generate items nonstop from killing monsters until you have what you want, then you repeat. This is true for any arpg.