Have you PC gamers accepted the inevitable and let Win10 into your home yet?

Have you PC gamers accepted the inevitable and let Win10 into your home yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support
angusnicneven.com/Irentaexx
theverge.com/2017/3/17/14956540/microsoft-windows-10-ads-taskbar-file-explorer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't need some creepy stalker bitch. I'll keep using win7 until it becomes absolutely impossible to keep using it.

win7 and win8 get the exact same tracking/telemetry stuff. and if you're going to go as far back as vista, modern games and even hardware won't work properly

Upgraded day 10. Barely any problems since then. That said, I am not an AAA title player.

I'd rather buy a console and just play on that then ever touch 10.

I'm going to use windows 7 until it's so outdated I can't update my browser on it, and when that happens I'm installing linux

I know I'm in the minority, but Windows 10 doesn't bother me that much. I set my active hours so it doesn't restart during the day, and I never just leave shit open overnight so it never makes me lose anything. It would be nice if people could say no to updates though. I use OneDrive (it's nice for having access to the same reaction pics on my phone and pc), and the integration in seamless in Windows 10. My only problem is that my wifi sometimes acts weird, and the icon in the task bar is for ethernet, not wifi, even though I'm only connected to WiFi. Idk if this is a problem with the driver though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_12_support

How much longer can you afford to be left behind?

you dont get to bring windows 10

Can I be that guy and just kindly ask where the FUCK is Windows 9 at? Did they just skip a version?

I'm an AAA title player and it's not that bad anymore. I haven't regretted upgrading for like 2 weeks now

Yeah, she's not bad. Blocked all her spying features with that application, been fine.

Is there a way to turn off the clickbaity travel ad spam on the lock screen and the "suggested" crapware in the start menu?

From what I remember reading, Microsoft was afraid to release windows 9 because their OS architecture still contained code from windows 95 which would cause conflicts. So they skipped it.

They had a whole of old code that checked for windows 95 or 98 by matching just "windows 9" so they just changed the number instead of having to patch a million other things.

I wanna fuck that anime

I know better than to give up and let a yandere into my life again.

Never do any updates, only install the libs that your games need. Never had a virus (because a small little AV AND common sense you freaking idiots). Any security hole is bullshittalk because if somebody can reach me behind me router he is already that far up into my ass that any hole in my OS would not mean anything anymore.

For me, in the end, there is debian.

I've been on Vista for 8 years now and I have no intentions of changing. I can run every game I want, both new and old. Vista's compatibility is ridiculous.

I haven't bothered with Windows. I just use Linux nowadays. I don't really play any games anymore aside from Valve shit and OpenRCT. Maybe AoS in Wine if I see a thread.

I really want Win10 onee-san to sit on my lap

Fuck off whore. Nanami is all I need.

I'm going to miss this good sweet girl.

Why is 10-tan such a slut?

I hope you're not getting attached or anything.

I'll switch to Linux before I ever use that steaming pile of shit 10.

2K is still my favorite OS of all time, I would be using it today if it still got updates.

blog
My current Win7 OS setup was a gift from my dad to me when he got me a new CPU and mobo. First time I used Win7, and I loved it. He divorced my mom and moved away not too long afterward. Since I never had good experiences with updates and WinXP, I turned off updates immediately. Never got the harassware to upgrade to Win10, and am glad I didn't. Will probably keep using 7 forever, even if I have to dual-boot to play modern games. She has done nothing but keep me happy even through the worst times of my life.

Your choice. Have fun with you no-DirectX 12 platform.

>DX12

>Who cares about privacy or stability? MUH FRAMES

Windows 7 performs better in I/O tasks so no. Fuck Windows 10.

I'm still on 7 so far fault of anything else to use. Compatibility with my games is great and always will be since I only play old games.
All of my hopes fall back to reactOS, though. I don't wanna stay too long on windows nowadays.
Hope it becomes better soon.

angusnicneven.com/Irentaexx

when the time comes (it won't though, the directx era is ending), i'll make a dedicated machine for windows 10 gaming, quarantined to its own vlan

it won't be my desktop os at any point

2k was easily the peak for windows, i have no idea why people though xp was good
it looked like playskool, it broke all the drivers, it offered no improvement
it was trash, just better trash than ME was

>win7 and win8 get the exact same tracking/telemetry stuff
not if you arent a retard

I have yet to run into a game I couldn't run on Windows 10, and I play obscure /jp/ shit and old as fuck stuff

I like the UI better than Win 7's, too, though I can see why people wouldn't like it.

>6 exclusives
>all are trash
I'll live.

????

I'm just gonna switch to Linux or Apple when I can't use 7 anymore.

Fuck Microsoft.

PC gaming is for fags anyway.

>Ja Ja Ja, Putos
What does this mean in english?

I'm gonna keep windows 10 in a tight comfy box without windows and leave her there except when I want to have some fun

>use linux
>run windows 10 in a vm with gpu passthrough for gaming

Because people grew up with XP.
Hell, I bet a lot of people here now started with fucking Vista or 7.

Just wait for reactOS.
It'll work with most drivers and run exe files natively. I think.

Is NT pregnant?

>Just wait for reactOS.
lol

reactOS will take a decade before it can run at xp level of stable
then 2 more until we get 7 level of stable

Linux is a joke of a system

>having 2 monitors and 2 gpus

>I play obscure /jp/ shit

Not for long you sick fuck, 10-chan is gonna upload that shit straight to the gubmint

It has multiple meanings.

Slang - HA HA HA FUCKERS
Slang 2 - HA HA HA FAGGOTS.
Literal - HA HA HA MANWHORES,

Same can be said for win10

>having 2 monitors and 2 gpus
You have no idea how this works, do you?

It literally can't. Tracking shit comes default in Win10, 7/8 only get it in updates.

I do, actually
last time I checked (around a year ago) there wasn't a way to run it without 2 gpus and 2 monitors
granted, I believe you could use the IntelHD graphics for linux (which is built into i3/5/7) and other GPU for windows
basically the point is: your "real" GPU cannot be used in Linux in any form. It cannot be active and is not seen by the OS until booted with QEMU or whatever was it's name

kay /gnu/shit

never
once 7 is impossible to keep, i'll jump over to kali linux as it'll also help with my work

>your "real" GPU cannot be used in Linux in any form. It cannot be active and is not seen by the OS until booted with QEMU or whatever was it's name
So? Why do you need to have 2 PCs active at the same time? Fullscreen the VM and pretend the PC is Windows.

>kay /gnu/shit
kay computer illiterate Sup Forumstard

...where did I ever say you need 2 PCs you mongloid
are you one of those people unable to realize what a PC is
won't you get video output through your GPU though, essentially forcing you to either
>switch input on monitor
>get a second monitor that's unusable

I'm an IT actually and my job is programming.
but sure, you fucking linux shill
live your dreams of more than 1% desktop usage forever
don't let me keep you
back to /fglt/

No.
Not even for free.

The only things that triggered my autism were those mandatory updates and tons of unnecessary shits running on the background. Once I got a way to disable them it's like win 7 all over again.

>get the Enterprise edition that allows turning off telemetry

What's wrong with this plan?

>2 PCs
A VM is essentially a second PC. Yes, if you are using your PC as a linux PC while gaming in the VM you will need two monitors. There is literally no reason to do that, though.

Something along the lines of "Ha Ha Ha, Faggots"

Like You and I my friend.

>allows turning off telemetry
topkek

I assume your job involves buses clapping for you?

im riding cracked windows 7 until all support stops, at which point i quit gaming and move to linux

Windows 7 and 8 have the same tracking as Win10.
This tracking is fairly easy to block.

>Windows 7 and 8 have the same tracking as Win10.
Not if you don't update them, stop spreading this meme.

Windows Nein.
That's why.

it's pretty obvious that his experience tier is below helpdesk worker

looks like a coding camp "student" rather than someone employed

spread wide for daddy microsoft goy
theverge.com/2017/3/17/14956540/microsoft-windows-10-ads-taskbar-file-explorer

Okay, I'll just forget the wikileaks thing ever happened and go get surveillance 24/7.