Game makes a point to tell me it has no autosave

>game makes a point to tell me it has no autosave
>just play the game bitch, i'll tell you when you can save
>think to myself, that's a little odd
>play for like 40 mins, having a great time
>game is fun, 2b qt as fuck
>get to the big bridge with 2 big saw things and die
>reload a save that has been created, despite game telling me earlier it has no autosave
>start at the very fucking beginning all over again

In the name of all that is fucking holy

WHY

WHAT THE FUCK

IM SO FUCKING MAD. WHY IS THERE EVEN A SAVE GAME THERE IF I HAVENT HIT A SAVE POINT AND IT JUST STARTS ME AT THE FUCKING BEGINNING AGAIN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>have 20 starting heal items and auto-heal
>die

Its just the retard deterrent working

You died in the tutorial? Lmao

>WHY IS THERE EVEN A SAVE GAME THERE IF I HAVENT HIT A SAVE POINT AND IT JUST STARTS ME AT THE FUCKING BEGINNING AGAIN
It contains your settings data you idiot. Your control bindings, difficulty, camera adjustments, AI behavior patterns, etc.

that's odd.
are you sure that you're playing normal difficulty?
you can't be killed that easily.

d-did you die in the tutorial?

its not the tutorial

>being too retarded to pass the tutorial
Now for an ACTUAL complaint
>death works like dark souls
>the only shit you lose are chips and you can get it back from your corpse
>start route C
>used to playing carelessly since the game is easy and death doesnt do much
>get OHKOd
>didn't I tell you? we have a game over screen now
>last save was 2 hours ago
>gotta do all those sidequests again

it is.

>Start with 20 auto use heal items
>Still manage to die in the demo without even reaching the end boss
I dont know how people can be so bad at pressing the dodge button

it is

Is this fucking bait?

>game literally tells you there's no more backups
>disregard this and complain anyways
People like you and OP are the reason why PC gamers are a fucking joke

No its not, cause it already taught me how to play the game before that

its not the tutorial

I was pressing the dodge button like a man possessed

No

1. you got an ending, should show on your save file. There are 26 endings and a majority of them are jokes for fucking up. You fucked it up so you have to start over
2. git gud

i've only played the demo and found it too easy on normal and hard.
what's a good difficulty for a first playthrough?

Should I get this game?

It's a lore thing, why would I make the connection it means death is permanent in game now.

you mean top gun the game?

The demo is just the game's tutorial so if you passed that you should be good for that difficulty.
The game gets easier from then on.

what games do you like?

>dying in the tutorial

Just how bad can a person be?

Am I dumb? If it tells you it has no autosave why didn't you manually save?

just answer
which difficulty are you in

The demo is not representative of the game's difficulty, Hard will absolutely destroy you whenever it has the chance. I mean, fucking BOARS will 1hko you

This happened to me, I had to set the difficulty back to normal to beat the prologue. Pretty stupid that there's no save spots at all in the prologue (and plenty of tedious shit to get through in the shmup opening)

>playing on easy

I don't know, you tell me.

its about lore and such

The game has checkpoints in certain scenarios, too. But the prologue chapter must be completed in 1 life

Normal is too easy and I died a lot on hard cause there are too many 1hkos, but had tons of fun with the offensive heal and deadly heal chips. If you're having too much trouble on hard spam healing items or get good.

No, sorry. You're just as retarded as OP.
They gave you a lore reason for the mechanic, you'd have to be absolutely retarded to expect absolutely no change, when the lore reasons for the mechanic working at all stop applying.
Most people who aren't sub 100IQ should have deduced as much without needing to die to see for themselves.

>died in a tutorial
>whines about no saves when the game tells you there's no autosave
like pottery

I am a fan of Kingdom Hearts, and I was going to get 1.5+2.5 before I heard about the issues. I'm also a big final fantasyfag. I heard it's an ARPG so that's what has me interested

You might love it. Should be safe

Normal will be too easy and hard will be annoying due to OHKOs. So play hard and get good.

Please tell me you were at least playing on Hard where you can get one-shot by the bosses even at full health. If you were playing on Normal and still died then I'd return this game if I were you.

>I don't believe that, there can't be a person that good at videogames!
>if you play on hard you definitely have to die!

Pretty much everything will at the start. The whirlwind hand smacks that the tiny robots do take out 1/3 chunks per hit. Considering this is the point in the game where you don't have important chipsets like Witchtime, no stagger, anti-chained damage, it doesn't get easier for quite a while. Even then, damage in the game is consistently high and you'll still be one-shot even if you do all the side quests. Ranged/Melee defense and hp chips will help you a lot but they also take a fuck ton of room without getting lucky.

>he lies on the internet

Lol

tutorial stops after ending B.

try finishing the tutorial and you will realize.

>normal is way too easy unless the enemy is 20 levels above you
>hard is "everything oneshots you"

No real middleground

What's up with some chips being identical except for having different storage requirements?

>say you have no autosave
>have autosave

Yoko you trickster. Yoko is a girls name btw

Is the Engine Blade worth seeking out

Yoko is his last name.

nothing is up with them. Just sell chips you dont need

It is always at the best moments, I just recall losing at phase 2 in the amusement park and it reloads right at that point.

You need to upgrade all weapons to unlock the last quest and boss.

you can kinda stumble across it when you return to the factory with pascal as 2B, if you search really hard.

Fucking seriously? How many weeks of grinding will that fucking take?

Yoko (or Yokoo, the last syllable is extended) is his last name.

The female first name that's usually transliterated as Yoko, Youko, has an extended first syllable instead.

This. The difficulty scaling is absolutely fucked in this game. I'm still enjoying it but when I'm fighting a boss on Hard and I see no discernable difference from bumping up the difficulty to Very Hard, you've fucked up.

it's a last name
also girl name yoko is actually yo-u-ko
his last name is actually yo-ko-o

found you

There's several rankings of quality of chip. It's not seen anywhere besides what is inferred from the space a chipset takes up. A chipset that is at the highest quality has a black diamond next to the name. These take up the least amount of space and when combined with other black diamond chips, will produce black diamond chips as well.

It's not that bad.

>equip item drop rate up chips
>collect shitty chips
>sell them
>buy materials from one of the emil shops
>emil shops change inventory
>after you finish the game and get a specific ending you can get a chapter select
>this lets you change emils inventory based on the chapter a bit easier
>buy what materials you need
>upgrade weapons

If you got it on PC, just cheat engine it. Assuming you have the self control to not fuck with everything else. Weapons mostly have the same moveset outside of the traits that are inherent to cheat weapon.

>50 hours in
no issues with the PC version so far

>sudden driver issues make the screen go white and fuck the game up
>can't save everywhere
>lost progress over this

for fuck's sake I don't know if it's nvidia or platinum's fault but I'm so mad right now

mind blown I had it bakcwards the whole time

taro hates casuals

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg

>there really needs to be a sliding sidequest in this game.

The racing shit was a giant meme since you just stack movespeed+ chips.

easy mode is his love

>I will ask again: what is 1000 minus 7?

You guys realize that once you dodge the 'retard whirlwind arm' attack they can't hit you anymore during the animation, right?
This also applies for other long animation attacks unless they physically change direction or make distinct separate swings.

I'm 20 hours in and I've only had one crash. That being said, the crash was while Ending B was rolling.

Am I supposed to be able to save the others at the beginning of C? They can't dodge and I do barely any damage.

Will I enjoy this game if I liked the first game but do not generally like "cuhrazy" Platinum style games

yes. just buy asap

It has the combo depth of a musou game at most.

Yes, it's more of a brainless hack n slash in gameplay.

Yes because it's not a DMC or MGR, it's an evolution of Nier's combat gameplay wise. Playing it on normal will be press quare to win and on hard it'll feel more like a proper action RPG where your chips matter a lot.

What's the difference between hard and very hard ?

every attack 1 or 2 shot you already.

>that recording that 2B left for 9S in the flight unit

You're either underleveled or are using the wrong chips.

Same thing happened to me. I actually died to the first saw twice, and then the double saws once. I was playing on Hard.

Dying is fun to me. What's not fun is having to go through that fucking insufferable shmup opening. I hate that shit so much and Platinum is always finding a way to shoehorn it in for no reason.

level 8 by the ''this will not continue'' boss is fine ?

>tfw I had to lower the difficulty from hard to normal because I kept getting slaughtered
>tfw the difference in damage taken between hard and normal is absolutely staggering
Feels like hard mode amps up damage taken 5x.

I'm a sucker for musou games, of which there are far too few on the PC. Should I get it?

I thought I heard the lock is turned off in very hard is that true?

>no matter how hard or how painful
>they never gave up
>they kept fighting because they believe they could overcome someday
>Isn't that right, Kaine?
Fuck me and that whole fight.

yep, it's kinda fucked. also is it just me or does hard mode put a minimum damage value for enemies? like no matter how much def you stack you will always get 2-shot?

How do I access that fuck I forgot about this!!

Congratulations you hit the casual filter smack dab in the center. Were you playing on normal, user?

You know you can also just use buff items that cut damage by 50%, right?

Yup, that gives you a free button to put whatever you want there.

Does hard mode only increase the amount of damage you take? That was the only real difference I noticed when I lowered the difficulty.

lol git gud

I found it in the flooded city before entering the third tower or whatever

Not to mention the game literally tells you there is no more backup system in place so you'd better save regularly, like nigger how the fuck do you not even notice the obvious cues AND literal instructions?

What controller bindings are everyone using?

I'm using the second option but having a hard time getting used to it for some reason. Honestly thinking of going custom and doing something similiar to the souls games

whatever the default is, never had a problem with controls

>It's not the tutorial
Nigger, you died in the fucking tutorial

please tell me im not gonna have to play this numale oh god

>Giving blatantly untrue "advice"
Nigger just fuck off, you can literally dodge into spear attacks and more and get hit with full overclock up from the dodge.

What's with all the locked chests?

you have to hack them

I mean, at least you got one of the twenty-six endings.

It won't matter.

He's the actual main character and you play him for most of the game, 2B gets benched after the first ending and A2 is effectively an afterthought