In all seriousness, if you want more games like Nier, support and buy the games, if it's possible...

In all seriousness, if you want more games like Nier, support and buy the games, if it's possible, try to buy the game for both PS4 and PC.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg
youtube.com/watch?v=072DckaeibM
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01LTI9I72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
brl.ac.uk/researchprojects/energyautonomy-ecobot/ecobotiii.aspx
kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/NieR-Automata-Emil-Yoko-Taro-Head-Papercraft-670350163?ga_submit_new=10:1490144325
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

brap

What he said

But that would be lying to them. They don't expect you to buy it twice, that's not why it was released on two platforms. They expect different consumers to buy it for different platforms.

Would you lie to your waifu?

i just want her to be happy 2bh

most people will only buy for 1 system and that is more then enough.
buy the soundtrack and artbook instead, Taro deserves the support.

she wills it

A2B
Get it

How can you type when you have that mask on, Taro?

Let me explain the pirate mentality.

>niche game
>"I have every right to pirate the game and try it out before I choose to buy it."

>super popular highly advertised game like Pokemon
>"Day one purchase! I just KNOW it'll be good!"

Bought the Black Box edition
Completed the 5 main endings
Will likely get it on PC later once issues are fixed

What is so good about this game? Explain it to someone that knows nothing about japan vidya culture and the only jap games played are dark souls and metal gear rising

are you 15?

But I bought Automata already because I really liked the first game. Too bad the cast of characters was so bad and 2B wasn't even a real character, just a walking plot device.

it's like metal gear rising but open world with lots of things to do and a better story

youtube.com/watch?v=oKt3EFOELwg

>Taro is love, Taro is life

Legit all I wanted is a sliding minigame, aside from that the game is damn near flawless

Did the first Nier game play anything like Automata? I never got around to buying it.

>buy the soundtrack
gladly, where can i buy it
youtube.com/watch?v=072DckaeibM
incidentally i find it amusing that the same guy who uploads the ffxiv soundtrack is doing it for nier

*toot* B

Fuck off shill, I will pirate it and get even better performance! People who buy games are fucking sheep.

>pirating Nier
>emulating BotW
>will eventually emulate P5
Good shit, enjoy paying for a worse experience.

I'm not buying the game for a platform I don't own. I bought it on PC though, and it seems the game is doing fairly well, so I'm happy

There's no crack for Nier at the moment though.

ROBOTS CAN'T SHIT

Its a harder Metal Gear Rising with a greater emphasis on story and a more somber atmosphere, with greater gameplay variety (constant switching to different genre types, most notably shmups). This keeps gameplay from getting dull

i love it when people post this post

i seriously wish some art/philo ppl take a look at what automata is; it basically summarizes all of western philosophy up to postmodernism in the context of a crazy video game. i've been reconsidering stuff i've read from beauvoir, sartre, nietzsche, hegel etc. there's SO MUCH. i've never looked at transhumanism, existentialism, suicide, theology, feminism, gender, art, and so many others the same way after it. it's such a liberating game: people have especially been praising the representation of sexuality in the game with the operator characters. i think everyone can play this game and see something that reflects them, touches them, makes them feel more involved than many works of art

it might sound ridiculous reading these tweets and you might go "so you're going to say that NieR: Automata is the most important artwork "that represents us in today's postmodernist times and go beyond even the concet of literature". yep, that's what i'm saying.

NieR: Automata is the despair of everything -- the totality of everything wrong with society -- that inspires people to hope in the end. there may be trouble in understanding gender, sexuality, politics, technology etc. but we can shoulder the weight of the world together. it's a plea to strive together in the midst of this despair so nobody will have regrets; i cannot stress how important it is as a reflection. it may be the most antihumanist story to reveal how much contradictions we have as human beings and yet it reminds us we're humans we're bags of shit and the game examines that; that's why we need each other after this realization to find a better future. even if the eternal recurrence is real & we are trapped in the same narrative/social construction of reality to the point it's meaningless, striving for a better future because of our completionist attitudes is the only thing we can do and we'll have no regrets from this.

>try to buy the game for both PS4 and PC
That's a little excessive, user. I have a PS4 Pro. I don't think my GTX 1060 is going to make the game look any nicer.

but if I buy it on the PC, they might get the impression that PC gamers matter.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to buy the deluxe/collector's/whatever edition instead

It'll give you some better AA, so it would look a little nicer. I'm running a 970 for comparison.

amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01LTI9I72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A (you) for typing all of that out, assuming it isn't copy-paste.

>tfw no femdom to highkick me against the wall
life is eternal suffering

>Its a harder Metal Gear Rising

That's fairly misleading, normal is piss easy; and hard and very hard can have little difference when you're at the same level as the enemies you're fighting. It's not really difficult to be harder than something when you just say fuck it and make everything 1 or 2 shot the player and cover the screen in projectiles.

Soon enough. Enjoy your worse experience and paying for Denuvo. The devs at SE, Atlus, and Nintendo don't deserve to be paid for their work when they make shit games for shit consoles.

There a digital version?

This post is stupid but I haven't had an actual emotional realization from a game in a while and realizing the androids and machines are just fighting a battle for no reason since there are no aliens to conquer for and no humans to protect hit me harder than I expected

I did

brl.ac.uk/researchprojects/energyautonomy-ecobot/ecobotiii.aspx
>Ingestion/Digestion/Egestion Vessel
>This is the upper most component of the robot which consists of the ingestion, artificial digestion and solid waste excretion mechanism. The image shows sludge within the vessel and solid waste sedimented into the egester.

But what's the gameplay like OP? I honestly have no idea and I rarely buy Japanese games (other than DS).

It references that the post is actually a tweet

Dude I like the game but you're overselling it to the point of being dishonest.

Fast paced character action game that frequently shifts into being a shmup

I'm here to shill my creation. Now you too can be Yoko Taro/Emil.
kaiserlee.deviantart.com/art/NieR-Automata-Emil-Yoko-Taro-Head-Papercraft-670350163?ga_submit_new=10:1490144325
Also NieR: Automata is doing great in sales so I think DLC or a sequel will be possible.

True, but enemy AI is also more aggressive in Automata on Hard/Very Hard than in MGR. They try harder to attack you and give you less chances to get out of the way/dodge

Any way to tell if you missed any locked boxes on the 9S playthrough? I'm about to go do the flooded city mission and don't want to miss any.

It's mostly NieR with a splash of Bayonetta. Nowhere nier as complex as Bayo or even MGR, but the combat is solid.

The oposite actually, i'm that dude that only plays dead vidya genres, RTS, GS and stealth.

Post more of that chubby ass

I genuinely felt terrible every time I got hit during ending E, knowing what it represents, send help

GS isn't dead, just niche.

why would i buy hack and slash weebshit?

Your post will be lost on many people because I doubt Sup Forums had even heard of Beauvoir or Engels, much less read anything beyond maybe some Nietzsche quotes, but yeah, I think it does the philosophers justice.

Is it better or worse then the original Nier?

Ehh, i just think it's kind of dead when Paradox has a monopoly on the genre, but there are some other options like War in the East.

How do you do the launch attack?

He stole it from Twitter

massive spoiler: most people discussing automata haven't played nier 1

That's only a thing with fist weapons I think

I tried, user.

Me too. 2B and A2 had hard lives and deserve someone to protect their smiles.

Perfect dodge counter with a small sword light attack

Heavy counter launches too

Gameplay is fun. Takes a while for it to open up, like most of the game really, once you start getting pod programs, better more unique chips, different pods, new weapons and switching between them on the fly for new combos, etc.

Should I buy this or pre order Persona 5?

I bought nier automata

im not buying mass effect

vote
with
your
wallet.

>pre-ordering
How the fuck is this even a question?

I did buy it user!

buy both

Only works to launch certain enemies. You will always jump up, though, for a down strike. Definitely helps to get out of a fray. Can juggle too.

Are you stupid?

I'm a poor spic, I can't afford both

They're probably out of stock for the Take your Heart Edition for Persona 5 anyway, so get this

Didn't Taro just say he wants to quit making video games and do something like running a restaurant, or was that from one of those fake websites like p4r?

if they are shit why do you want to play them

God you people are fucking retarded. It's a joke. No yeah he wants to go back to being unemployed.

>prior to release
>tarofags thought platinumfags would buy this expecting a standard platinum action game and won't be prepared for Taro's storytelling
>platinumfags probably stopped playing after ending A and only got a standard platinum action game with RPG structure

This post deserves more (you)s.
Nicely put user. Once I've finished I'll reflect back on your words.

Lesson #1: Every taro quote should be implicitly read in a joking voice

He fucks with every single interviewer

>open world

FUCKING WHY

But I was in a cave just 10 seconds ago?

taro has been spewing bullshit in all of the recent interviews, user. He probably isn't quitting, but I wouldn't put it past him to do one of those themed cafes at some point.

Yeah you were. Just FUCKING GO FORWARD

I miss p4r.

That's why they have nines!

He is just holding out for that big contract

Convince me to buy it. I was on the fence for mass effect until last week, but now I'm likely not getting it, so I would like a pleasant suprise
I liked transformers devastation.
My favorite games are SOTC, Ratchet and clank, and halo 3

Jump then attack with a large sword. If you miss the window it will do an air to surface attack instead.
I think 9S can do it with small swords too.

the music fades away when you alt+tab instead of just cutting off

Its open world is fine honestly, the only area that falls victim to being a wide open space of fuckall is a literal desert.

Are you falseflaggers trying to give Nier a bad name or do you are you autistic?

Forgot to mention, I am a ps4fag and have never played a nier game

This is the first game in a very long while that didn't immediately repulse me in some way upon taking a closer look at it.

That earns it honest consideration for buying, after playing through the cracked version first and assuming that playthrough sufficiently impresses me to either replay the legit version or reward the developer for time already played.

My tastes are kino as fuck and anything that doesn't live up to them won't get my time, let alone my shekels, especially in the current state of the (((industry))).

Hopefully Nier will deliver.

Literally wrong.

Can someone post self destructed A2 please? Google isn't cooperating and I would like to see this for research purposes.

>beat route [A] with double bracers 2B
>start route [B]
>check to see if my weapons carried over
>only 1 weapon per set

Please tell me that 9S can be fun to play.

The game records your actions at one point and replays them only in the prespective of a new character

>being poor and severely autistic

Dang.

>tfw you bought it 3 times

Depends if you like playing the same piss-easy shmup level over and over

I personally liked Automata more than the first game in every way, but with that being said I still love the first game, and I can respect someone disagreeing

The one thing I can say for sure is that if you liked the first Nier you will also like Automata

I'd like to buy this game but apparently you have to play as that fucking Twink.