Is piracy really that bad?

I mean it's not like it's stealing. So what's the problem?

bump

>I mean it's not like it's stealing.

I love this meme. I really love it. 1. because it always gets a shit-ton of replies 2. because there will be many people who vehemently believe this statement.

oh boy its this thread again

Here's your (you)

There isn't nothing wrong with this subject as long as there is some intelligent discussion.

Well, the risk of scurvy is pretty serious.

Can someone explain to me why someone on Sup Forums would defend anti-piracy? Like, what do they have to gain by attacking pirates? Are they getting paid in shekels to promote Denuvo?

Piracy is more justified than buying games in most cases. I don't owe publishers shit. It would be irresponsible to not think about my own self interest, I don't care about the lost sale, I hate the companies, I'm getting a free game, and I can't pirate games that are already free. Everything I like wins.

Aye but all is well and good as long as we have some fun with our plunder, eh matey?

I don't think piracy is that bad
But I think people should still buy their games, unless the game is a shit port/bugged piece of shit, or if it's a port of a 2 years game and they sell it for $60 like a new game

If raping and pillaging is wrong, I don't want to be right.

This. I will only buy the game if it deserves a buy.

Ahoy, Matey! Plundering booty is the best thing about life. Am I right, lads?

It is stealing though.

Not an argument faggot

WOW user ! you cant just copy those Bits to your computer.
Coping picture, thats ok, those are ok to steal, but stealing GAME BITS ? OHOHOHO THATS illegal bro, you know these bits are SPECIAL bits

Pirates are powerless to influence the industry. At the end of the day videogames go where the money is.

It wasn't. Good job identifying the obvious.

>intelligent discussion
>Sup Forums

People want your money and you don't want to give it to them. That's the problem. So they try to guilt, shame and intimidate you into giving it to them. They can get fucked with that attitude.