Is it time to admit the N64 had the best line up of games of any platform ever?

Is it time to admit the N64 had the best line up of games of any platform ever?

It did at the time, but the 3DS has the best line up of all time, especially since it has all the good games from N64 remastered or updated

Disgusting. God I hate N64 niggers and their overrated lineup. Worst console of all time.

Where are the RPGs? PS2 is superior, even if you exclude BC.

Ocarina of Time is right in the middle there

Why was this so bad?

Gamecube was better desu. Even the Wii U was better.

>t. kid who was born in 1997

Almost had none, but it did have a couple great ones if you didn't want traditional mechanics.

It really did. And sonyfaggots are mentally ill to say otherwise

Not him but I was born in 1992. I agree that the GC was a much better console than the N64. Never had a Wii U but even the regular Wii is also better than N64.

N64 is just such a garbage console honestly.

With all the flaws and the awful framerate, I still like that game a lot.

I should probably emulate it

(You)

>no snowboard kids

Is this image bait?

I absolutely loved the Nintendo 64, but it was only really really great if you enjoyed platformers, adventure games, and/or shooters.

Really? The Gamecube marked the first time I purchased a non-nintendo console alongside my Nintendo console because I found there were such few good games coming out that I needed something else to occupy my time between them.

>N64 is just such a garbage console honestly.
What a garbage opinion.

Name 10 good GameCube games

God of War 4+The Last of US 2+FF7RE=100+ million units

But PC has all of N64's games and then some

Literally 2 games on the entire platform and one of them isn't even out until april 4th.

This^

Replace Yoshi Story with Snow Board Kids 1.

Yoshi Story is a pure disappointment.

No-one disputes that PC gets the sloppy seconds.

>It's another N64babbies try to convince people their system was the best of all time
Unless your name is PS1 or SNES, get the fuck out

8 out of 10 most sold japanese games on steam are ps4 ports
PS4 is the next ps2.

Resident Evil Remake is enough to boost the console significantly. It was also exclusive for over a decade.

RE0 and best version of RE4 for a long while as well.

Wind Waker. Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 and 3. Geist, Battalion Wars, Pikmin 1 and 2. Eternal Darkness. Metroid Prime 1. The Twin Snakes.

>there will never be another game like Blast Corps
I regret not being able to get into it as a kid because I think it's really fun now.

the only thing wrong with this image is putting Revenge there over No Mercy.

Also the best metal gear is still a gamecube exclusive

3 wasnt on the Gamecube or wasnt exclusive

The N64 was a console that understood that quality > quantity.

>no Bomberman 64
>no Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
>no Bomberman Hero
>no Diddy Kong Racing
>no Glover
>no Mischief Makers
>no Snowboard Kids 1/2
>no Mario Party 1/2/3
>no Pokemon Snap
>no Pokemon Stadium 1/2
>no Majora's Mask
>no Kirby 64
>no Paper Mario
>Goldeneye
>Donkey Kong 64

And PS1 understood that you can have both at the same time

>forgetting based Mystical Ninja Goemon 64

I'm sorry, user.

I never played it.

>muh childhood

There was nothing good about thousands of dogshit games with only a dozen good games.

Basically
>good N64 game > good PS1 games > shit n64 games > shit ps1 games

N64 is an overrated piece of shit with about 5 good games (really fucking good games, I'll give them that). Even the Saturn was better.

>terrible controller
>nasty ass texture filtering, even on sprites
>dogshit framerates
>expensive as shit games
>shit sound

Outside of the handful of incredible Niptendo games, most of the console's "classic" games were actually pretty bad. Rare is a big offender:

>Banjo
>DK64
>Goldeneye
>Jetforce Gemini

All of that Rareshit is fucking garbage, Perfect Dark and RC Pro Am are the only good games these hacks ever made. No wonder Nintendo never bought them.

>PS1
>only a dozen good games
As a kid who owned both, you're a liar

Gen 5 was an absolute shitshow. Terrible games all around. Gen 3 and 4 were packed with tons of great Nintendo and Sega games. I could name 10-20 NES games, and another 10-20 SNES games, 8/10+ games, off the top of my head. And I'm not talking about that "good for its time" horseshit. I'm talking about games that still stand up to this day.

Gen 5, I could count the good N64 games on one hand. Paper Mario, Mario 64, OoT, Majora's Mask, Banjo Kazooie. That's it. And the PS1 was equally shitty. In fact it might have been worse, even though it's hailed as "the greatest console of all time" by a loudmouthed minority on the internet. It had Symphony of the Night and FF7 and 9, and that was about it.

And before some smartass lists a bunch of N64 / PS1 games, don't act like I haven't thought of those games or something. Those are shitty games. Or at least they're clearly not on the level of the ones I listed. People start naming shit like "Ogre Battle 64" and "Goemon the Ninja" or whatever it's called, but really nobody played that shit. Let's just be honest.

You are retarded.
You didn't live in that period.

Yes I did.

Your defense mechanism was just shattered to fucking pieces.

Nah, it went more like this.

Good PS1 games > Average PS1 games > Good N64 game > shit PS1 games > average N64 game > shit N64 games

I feel the PS2 gets too much praise because of sales, when the library was mostly forgettable after the first few years. Literally shovelware everywhere on the system.

>never played it

You've been living a lie user, it's time you correct it.

>It had Symphony of the Night and FF7 and 9, and that was about it.

Damn user, sad to hear your mum only bought you 3 PS1 games. Maybe once you grow up and get a job, you can afford to buy some more, and you wont have to rely on those NES ROMS anymore.

>N64 is an overrated piece of shit with about 5 good games
Which of the games do you pick as your 5
Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Goldeneye 64
Perfect Dark
Banjo Kazooie
Majora's Mask
StarFox 64
Blast Corps
Turok
Super Smash Bros

Those are all AAA games. The N64 also had a significant library of games that were very good, but not quite AAA level, such as Diddy Kong Racing, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Pokemon Snap and Conkers Bad Fur Day

because nugrimes is bad

All Grimes is bad

>I didn't bother playing good games in that gen so no-one did

I'm not even going to waste my time coming up with some "funny" or "witty" rebuttal. I'll just be straightforward with you. I'm farther ahead in life than you are, I have more money than you do, I'm way more successful than you'll ever be, and you have shitty taste in video games. Whatever PS1 games you think are so good are shit. I listed all 3 of the good PS1 games. Those are the 3 good games on the system, everything else is shit. Deal with it.

I played a lot of N64, and I don't think it stood out among Nintendo's systems. It's definitely weaker than the SNES and Gamecube.

>Diddy Kong Racing, Star Wars Rogue Squadron Bad Fur Day
those are AAA quality games

>best platformer ever made
>best rail shooter ever made Sin and punishment, for you star fox fangirls
>best camera game ever made

Damn now that is some real asshurt. Can't even take a joke huh? Ah well, I guess it comes with the shit taste you got.

>I'm farther ahead in life than you are, I have more money than you do, I'm way more successful than you'll ever be
>Says this while browsing Sup Forums

>Damn now that is some real asshurt
Projection
>Can't even take a joke huh?
Projection / backpedaling
>Ah well, I guess it comes with the shit taste you got.
Projection

Not even taking sides here as I'm not familiar enough with PS1 games, but you sound like an enormous faggot. Here's a (You).

>people on Sup Forums aren't more successful than other people on Sup Forums
>everyone here is the same person
Ok well that's obviously not true. And on top of that user thinks people who don't agree with his shit taste in video games are somehow young and poor, which are both piss poor defense mechanisms that I just shattered to fucking pieces. Now he's probably rolling around on the floor screaming REEE and having a panic attack, all because someone doesn't like his shitty PS1 games.

Thanks user. I knew a real successful person with money and a family would never be so asshurt over a bit of banter on the internet.

You obviously aren't a very happy person, and that in itself clouds your judgement of PS1 games. So we can't take your word on it at all. Of course I also think you are lying out your ass about being successful, as mad as you are over simple internet shitposting. You are probably literally writhing with rage punching the walls of your favela hut right now aren't you you fucking monkey.

Don't worry man, I am sure that mid 2000's PC parts will be available in Brazil soon and you might be able to emulate some of the more graphically intensive PS1 games on your PC soon so you can expand your library beyond 2D/prerendered games.

>Projection
no youre pretty blatantly upset dude

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE the post

The Gameboy Advance line up is better

There's only one game that stood the test of time. That game is Starfox 64

watch! in a minute the mad successful guy will cry samefag!

That's not GameCube

The levels of sodium on these posts are amazing

This is literally all defense mechanisms. Oh sure everyone who disagrees with your shitty taste in games "can't take a joke", "isn't happy", "lives in a mud hut", "is poor", etc.

Just know that whatever PS1 games you think are so good, are actually shit. I just want you to know that user.

PS1 library BTFOs the N64 so hard it's not even funny. This is coming from a person that prefers the GC over PS2.

>Ridge Racer Type 4
>Metal Gear Solid
>Castlevania: SotN
>Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2
>Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
>Street Fighter Alpha 3
>Final Fantasy VII,IX & Tactics
>Spyro the Dragon
>Syphon Filter
>Tekken 2&3
>Twisted Metal 2
>Suikoden 1&2
>Brave Fencer: Musashi
>Crash Bandicoot 1&2
>Wip3out
>Ace Combat 3
>Strider 2
>Resident Evil 1,2&3
>Klanoa
>Crash Team Racing
>Hot Shots Golf
>Intelligent Cube
>Bashido Blade
>Rollcage
>Tomb Raider 1,2,3 & Revelations
>Legacy of Kain:Blood Omen & Soul Reaver
>Point Blank 1,2&3
>Mega Man: Legends 1&2
>Worms: Armageddon
>Legend of Legaia
>NFL Gameday 98-2000
>Chrono Cross
>Alundra
>Vagrant Story
>Star Ocean: the second story
>Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey & Exodus

There's probably a billion I'm missing.

>People start naming shit like "Ogre Battle 64" and "Goemon the Ninja" or whatever it's called, but really nobody played that shit. Let's just be honest.
>Just know that whatever PS1 games you think are so good, are actually shit. I just want you to know that user.
You are admitting here that you barely played any games. It's ridiculous that you would make such a statement when you clearly can't judge the entirety of the PS1/N64 library.

>Just know that whatever PS1 games you think are so good, are actually shit. I just want you to know that user.

Fuck, I just got BTFO'd didn't I guys? I'm literally shaking right now. This guy said my favorite game of ALL TIME, is fucking shit. I am, LITERALLY, SHAKING right now with rage. I'm too poor to buy a camera so I have illustrated a self portrait of myself right now so you can see my reaction to user definitively BTFO'ing me. My ass hurts so much right now I am thinking of just killing myself to be honest desu.

Tony Hawk 1 and 2 are on the N64. With better performance and I think better draw distance though I'm not sure about the draw distance.

Mega Man Legends 1 is also on on the N64.

>NFL Gameday
I don't know how this differs from other football games but there were football games on the N64 too.

RE2 was on the N64.

I'm not going to call your list shit but if someone made a list like that (which I think someone in this thread did) for the N64 I'm sure there would be people calling it shit.

D...Do you actually think there are more than 3 good games on that list?

>yooka laylee
Why?

>>Ridge Racer Type 4
Racing games are shitty
>>Metal Gear Solid
Archaic shit (not that the newer MGS games got any better)
>>Castlevania: SotN
Good game
>>Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2
Decent games but non-exclusive
>>Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit
Racing games are shitty
>>Street Fighter Alpha 3
Shit
>>Final Fantasy VII,IX & Tactics
7 and 9 are good, Tactics eh
>>Spyro the Dragon
Gem collecting shit
>>Syphon Filter
Literally who
>>Tekken 2&3
Crap
>>Twisted Metal 2
FIGHTING CARS? Gay idea a 4 year old would come up with
>>Suikoden 1&2
Crap
>>Brave Fencer: Musashi
Mega Crap
>>Crash Bandicoot 1&2
Garbage games
>>Wip3out
Racing games are crap
>>Ace Combat 3
Flying games are crap
>>Strider 2
No one ever even heard of it. Stop acting like this is a popular and well known game everyone played
>>Resident Evil 1,2&3
Crap, series wasn't good til 4
>>Klanoa
Crap
>>Crash Team Racing
Racing games are shit
>>Hot Shots Golf
Golfing games are shit (literally name a good one other than candystand mini-golf)
>>Intelligent Cube
>>Bashido Blade
>>Rollcage
No one ever even heard of these literally who games
>>Tomb Raider 1,2,3 & Revelations
Overrated crap
>>Legacy of Kain:Blood Omen & Soul Reaver
>>Point Blank 1,2&3
More literally who shit
>>Mega Man: Legends 1&2
Crap and non-exclusives
>>Worms: Armageddon
>>Legend of Legaia
More literally who shit
>>NFL Gameday 98-2000
FOOTBALL? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? IT'S JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GENERIC FOOTBALL GAME. IT'S THE SAME SHIT EVERY YEAR FUCK
>>Chrono Cross
>>Alundra
>>Vagrant Story
>>Star Ocean: the second story
>>Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey & Exodus
All literally who crap, except Oddworld (which just sucks)

Silent fucking Hill man

>3DS has the best line up of all time
The delusions of a nintenbro

Crap (it isn't even scary)

hey look! it's you again!

Names your ten (10) favourite games in case you want anybody to actually reply to this obvious bait.

so... WHERE ARE THOSE GAMES NINTENDO, WHERE?!

>missing silent hill

Yeah, my bad, man. Missed a good amount just out of the sheer avalanche of awesome games the PS1 had.

>mfw this whole thread we've been arguing with one butthurt JRPG fag who hates anything that isn't another 2D turn based JRPG

Fuck off. So many of the games there you said are crap are actually really good. Just because you don't have interests outside of the JRPG genre doesn't make them bad. Also stop riding off entire genre's as being bad, Racing games can be quite good on occasion.

>name your 10 favorite games because you insulted games I like so I want to insult games you like, because I can't stand that someone likes different things than me

SNES is the greatest console ever conceived with the greatest library in industry history.

Anyone who disagrees is actually wrong.

If he liked JRPGs I don't think he would be shitting on the PS1.

I named games other than JRPGs that I liked, but oh I'm just some "JRPG fag"

And oh yeah racing games sure can be good user, just like every other racing game where you hold the button in and go around the track and they're all the same horseshit. Oh wait but you have unrealistic racing like Mario Kart, then you have faux-realistic racing, like Gran Turismo, wooooow, such a difference. Kind of like those fags at EA make a new football game every year, and every year it's the same game, AND EVERY YEAR YOU PIECES OF GARBAGE EAT IT UP STOP BUYING THIS SHIT FUCK

You also missed Medieval and some of the good Star Wars games like the official Ep 1 game which was 100 times better than he film.

There is also Destruction Derby 2, Hercules, Medal of Honor 1 and Underground, Dino Crisis 1 and 2 and the Toca Touring Car series.

PS2 is where it's at. The quality lineup of games on the PS2 were gold. N64 do have some quality classics, but the controller alone is a massive burden.

>no MediEvil, Ape Escape or Armored Core

tsk tsk

JRPG's are just a menu selection simulator then if every racing game is Nascar as you described it.

Who here liked San Francisco Rush 2049? I fucking love that game. I emulate it on every computer I have.

>SNES is the best

There were plenty of reasons for someone to get a Genesis over one, but overall the SNES was pretty damn amazing... especially compared to the steaming pile of shit that is the N64.

>Racing games can be quite good on occasion
They really can't. The only people I've met who enjoy trash like Ridge Racer are the same type of braindead meathead who buy Madden year after year. They're not really 'gamers' in any sense, they just like simulating their real life interests.

>JRPG's are just a menu selection simulator
Yeah they pretty much are. I would agree with that

Snes or DS
N64 had no Rpg's, it really only had 3d platformers
Snes had an endless selection of great games of all kind, same with ds

>I can't stand that someone likes different things than me
The fact that you are afraid of naming your favourite games and that you've been sperging out the whole time actually proves that you are the person who can't accept anybody disagreeing with you and that you are projecting. I like almost all games so believe it or not, but what you are claiming is not actually my intention. I'm just curious why you would think so and if you can't reply to this in a honest way then I can't tell if you are just baiting or actually believe this.

>Hercules

Okay, I rented this game like 3 times when I was a kid and I loved it. I never actually bothered to look back on it when I grew up because I always assumed I just liked it because I was a stupid kid. Is it actually good?

I forgot a shit ton of games. My point was that the PS1 library had an astonishing amount of really good games.