The plot would have been better if she was dead all along

The plot would have been better if she was dead all along

With no heir to the bloodline of Hylia, the Hyrule Royal Family is over. You could even then say that at the end, when her "spirit" jukes the fuck out of Ganon, he's done forever, just leaving Link. This ends the cycle, which is kind of the central theme of the game.

But Nintendo doesn't have the fucking balls.

God no, if I wanted to read an edgy Zelda fan fic I'd have asked you to link me your fanfiction.net account

t. Mipha

I legit expected to be a spirit throughout the entire game, but no. She gets to live.

I was expecting her to be old when you finally reach her, and she dies after the final fight

Nigga you don't know shit about thematic significance. Why does EVERYONE die except this snowflake bitch? Where even WAS she during the final fight? she just magically appears at the end to blast him. The whole thing was winky and clunky, plot aside

Nigger what did you expect when the game is devoid of plot

For all the plot to be shoved in at the end desu

I thought that once you find her she'd be an elderly woman.

Seriously how do you get trapped in a castle holding back a powerful being for 100 years and not age a day?

Stasis.

How did she even survive for 100 years without aging anyway? It's not like she was in that cryogenic sleep champer like Link, she was just trapped in Ganon's body.

Even tho that man was imprisoned in hyrule castle he still had zeldo on his fingertip and he had to make sure she be lookin fine even after 100 years so after he wins and link doesnt get an asspull like the shrine of resurrection he gets some sweet fuk from a 16 year old bitch

I was actually expecting her to be dead at the end. I kind of wish she did die, not because I hated her character but I think I would have preferred a bitter-sweet spirit saving ending.

So pretty much you want them to copy what they did with Impa at the end of Skyward Sword.

Do you know anything about thematic significance? The entire plot of the game is centered around her development as a character. The final development is her being content at not possessing absolute dominion over her powers. Such contentment and expression of such could not be had if she was dead. Another major thematic theme throughout the game, which is heavily linked to her development as a character, is her love for Link. The final expression of that love was Link being able to reciprocate it, which in the final cutscene was subtly alluded to - Link and Zelda walking side by side, instead of Link following her only filling his role as a guard, a field full of Silent Princess flowers, which symbolize among other things love.

Why does everyone but her die? Two reasons. First, because she couldn't save them, a big development point. Second, because she is the incarnation of the goddess.

>16

Actually you bring up a good point, they should've had 1 more memory showing the battle & the fall of the kingdom with her freaking since she can't help as her friends die around her.

That would be a cool cutscene. In fact I'd buy a DLC of that part of the story trying to get Zelda to safety as everyone dies around you.

>This ends the cycle
nah

Yes but this would mean that Nintendo wouldn't be able to milk Zelda Drones anymore.

NO!

wouldn't have worked, no Zelda then no way to seal Ganon
Though she could have been old, sealed him and then died but link would have gave no fucks anyway while becoming new king of hyrule while fucking all the bitches of the land

That doesn't mean anything, this game is so far into the future that they can still make hundreds more zelda games. And then even more if they throw continuity out the window.

Goddess Powers.