Start game

>start game
>do tutorial
>accept first quest
>Kill monster named XYZ

how the fuck am i supposed to know which monster is that and how it looks like?

shitty chinks cant design for shit

I suppose you have to look on the internet.

>not killing everything in sight until you figure it out

There's monster info pages under hunter's notes in the menu.
Also read the fucking dialogues and quest info once in a while. Even after the English release there was an entire populace of idiots who couldn't find ancient berries to save their lives.

nvm just deleted it because the combat and controls are probably the worst ever created in a videogame

It takes some time to get used to.

Guys I'm really not sold on XX. X was just so eh to me, I unlocked my hr then was just done with the game before I could grind deviants. 4U captivated me like no other, but gen just feels so.. Eh. Is there a way to bring the magic back, should I just skip XX?

>Literally start with a book containing details of monsters you'll encounter

Kys yourself. Unless you're playing the PS2 games.

>Kill monster
>Look to see if it adds 1 to the /10 counter.
>If not. Kill different monster and check again.
>If yes: Kill more of that monster till quest is done.

Plus I mean, some quests actually have a drawing of the monster on it to give you a big fucking clue.

psp

No excuse then.
FU uses the old engine, and hitboxes are shit, but the control scheme is absolutely fine.

yeah the hitboxes are shit just like the combat

Move on to P3rd then, bab.

This game has way bigger flaws than that.
>game is called monster hunter
>90% of the time is spent managing inventory, fishing and collecting flowers
I seriously don't get the appeal of these games.

give it to me straight...
is xx better than that piece of shit known as x?

90% time of the 1-star quests. If you actually played the game instead of complaining, you'd quickly get past the slow start and into the meat of big game hunting.

im sure a lot of people would've gotten there and would be a lot more popular in the west if people could ignore the shitty clunky combat and controls

>MUH JAPAN CAN DO NO WRONG

Its shit.

You forgot MONSTER HUNTER THREAD
>FAVORITE WEAPON
>FAVORITE MONSTER
>FAVORITE GAME
>FAVORITE AREA

Buy the books then check the monster list to see what it looks like

>shitty clunky combat and controls
MH has one of the tightest combat controls in the entire fucking industry. You're just bad.

It's X with a few added things. So if you hated X you might hate XX a bit less but not by much.

>FAVORITE WEAPON
GS
>FAVORITE MONSTER
Deviljho for aesthetics, Narga for fighting, Tigrex because he's cool
>FAVORITE GAME
MH4U
>FAVORITE AREA
Swamp/Old Swamp

>MH has one of the tightest combat controls in the entire fucking industry

That's a nice reaction image you've got there, but you're only making a fool of yourself by arguing against the facts.

You still need to do all those things to make equipment and potions without which you'll not kill shit because of some moron's retarded idea to put a time limit.
>tightest combat controls in the entire fucking industry
This is the most wrong sentences ever written.
>everything is fucking slow
>everything
>get hit
>spend 20 minutes watching your character roll around and then attempt to get up
>god forbid you go ahead and down a potion right after, that's another 20 minutes because we all know after using a health potion while fighting for your fucking life against a giant man eating monster, the most important thing to do is flex

>371377832
>FAVORITE WEAPON
HBG
>FAVORITE MONSTER
Duramboros
>FAVORITE GAME
MH4U
>FAVORITE AREA
Misty Peaks

you have no facts, just blind fanboyism

Bamham has tighter controls than MH garbage

>everything is slow
>monsters are too fast to do anything

Are you functionally retarded?

I'm starting to get into this series and I'm loving the absolute fuck out of it. I'm starting with 4U and I need to know because I'm seeing the hate, but am I a fag for using the charge blade? It's the only weapon I can feel confident with using so far.

>deliberate balance decisions on item use and animations = shit controls
lmao, admit you were shit at the game and quit within minutes

Look at the little picture.

Also it's probably the only giant fucking monster on the map you tard

I really hope the arts/style doesn't go into 5.

(You)

It's completely normal to focus on the weapon you like best when getting into the series

Are you planning on playing Gen? If so, don't be surprised when it feels worse to play with.

Totally bro, you got me.
>oh shit I took a lot of damage on that one, better heal
>that's a nice flexing animation
>I sure hope that giant monster doesn't decide to walk slowly towards me and just finish me off while I'm still in that flexing animation that cannot be stopped
>oh there he goes hope this ends soon
Let's also not forget the traps, stamina, sharpening your weapons, oh and paint boms which are mandatory because if you lose track of the monster he can heal himself! Have fun! What a garbage series.

>no mustache
Don't ever post on this website again

W-w-what happen to the mustache!

Post rooms

Is there any other art of monster lifecycles?

SWITCH AXE
NAKARKOS
3U
HEAVEN'S MOUNT

>>FAVORITE WEAPON
LBG
>>FAVORITE MONSTER
Tama-chan
>>FAVORITE GAME
Don't have a favorite, really. Having fun with gen right now
>>FAVORITE AREA
Marshlands. Glorious flat land, fuck MH4 for introducing ledges

Well, to be honest I actually started with Gen, but I got to like level 2 and I heard alot about how 4U was better to learn with. I didn't play enough to even be able to compare at this point but I will go back. But god damn 4U is awesome. I guess I'll start really trying other weapons.

Hey newfriends, maybe you wouldn't have so many problems if you didn't try to chug potions immediately after getting up.

Or not getting hit in the first place.

Toukiden is better for anyone who is interested in Monster Hunter but without the shit gameplay

Dual blades because I'm a shitter
Seltas Queen because she's fucking cool
3U because I'm a tri-babby
Deserted Island also because I'm a tri-babby

I personally think that DB is a really hard to play at high level, harder than almost all blademaster weapons. You need to be ballsy as fuck and not getting hit at the same time to deal a good damage.

>am I a fag for using the charge blade
No, you can use whatever you want, even IG, weapon doesn't make one a fag. It's how you use it.

>tfw no mhxx on vita

>that french that 2 cart on Macao

Fuck you.

>notice that seltas queen has a nice GL set
>noone to farm her
I hate this monster

So where do you think MH5 will be on? PS4? Switch? Multplateform?

>FAVORITE WEAPON
Lances
>FAVORITE MONSTER
Zinogre
>FAVORITE GAME
P3RD
>FAVORITE AREA
Forest and Hills

Im starting Gen soon, before 4U so i'll see how both are.

>4U captivated me like no other
lol

You're wasting your time, this board will defend this shitty series no matter how flawed it is

They're just a bunch of 18 year old tryhards that want to fit in with the dork souls fanbase

Switch hopefully, 3DS most likely.