Modder has figured out a way to almost double the performance of NieR: Automata

dsogaming.com/news/modder-has-figured-out-a-way-to-almost-double-the-performance-of-nier-automata/

>As we’ve already said, NieR: Automata does not feature a lot of graphics settings to tweak and as a result of that, the game does not scale well on older graphics cards. However, it appears that modders have figured out a way to almost double the game’s performance; something that will be very useful to those with relatively weak PC systems.

>Modder ‘DrDaxxy‘ adjusted the game’s Global Illumination solution, resulting in 30-60% performance increase in a modern-day graphics card (NVIDIA GTX980Ti). On mobile GPUs and older graphics cards, however, this fix/tweak almost doubles the game’s performance.

>According to DrDaxxy, NieR: Automata uses a super expensive Global Illumination solution. Its GI compute shader is an array it loops over, which by default has 128 elements. DrDaxxy cut the number of elements to 16, which is the minimum as only values divisible by 16 are allowed.

>As such, the overall performance has been significantly increased at the cost of a simpler GI solution. DrDaxxy has provided some comparison screenshots and as we can see, there are some slight differences between them.

Platinum and SE should be ashamed for such a lousy port.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0iUcgNCpg
store.steampowered.com/app/294860/
store.steampowered.com/app/207320/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Modder has figured out a way to almost double the performance of NieR: Automata

Play it on PS4 Pro

inb4 Denuvo locks everyone using this mod

>tfw refunded Nier the same day it released because the port was so awful
>in the ensuing weeks, several major fan patches arrive to fix the quality of the port

I want to buy it again to see if they salvage the game and make it playable, but I'm afraid that if they don't I won't be able to keep pushing through refunds. And in the absence of a crack or demo, I can't test the claims.

Fuck.

Nude mods when?

>look at screenshots
>random things are lit up that shouldn't be since they are in the shadow

i'll pass

>DrDaxxy has not released yet a mod with this fix, though those interested can download and add/use his code in a DLL.

How do I go about doing this?

I just want a method that fixes the slowdown during cutscenes. The one on Steam where you re-encode the videos didn't work for me since the encoding process only encoded some of the files for me, for some reason. Otherwise the game runs perfectly for me.

Pro uses 32 samples

>Platinum

Don't blame them for what was probably not intended to be ported until around last second from demand. SE is the one who probably handled 100% of the port and probably like alot of shitty companies out sourced porting the game

Good for PCfriends though its a great game just got ending E and deleted myself for the title menu worth it.

Kaldaien's fix fixed the game for me.

Plat obviously did the port in-house. The fact that they always handle their own ports post-Bayonetta notwithstanding, the game suffers from several of the same (and rather weird) problems that MGR suffered from, which is a really good indication that the port was done by the same team in the same way.

download and add/use his code in a DLL.

>PS4 Pro
enjoy your housefire

>Platinum and SE should be ashamed for such a lousy port.

>buying PC-ports from Jap-studios
LOL
Wasn't Dork Soles a lesson for you guys?

So it isn't a bad port now?

>publisher/devs spent the absolute minimum amount of cash on the port
>community fixes the shit
>for free
>gamers buy the games and use the community-fixes
>shareholders are raking in the money
>???
>Profit.

Genius.

Just like Bethesda games. Nothing new.

Japs have always been terrible at doing PC ports.

Always. And you should know this by now.

How do I go about doing that?

>Purposely make the PC version perform worse
>"Wow it's so optimised on PS4 in comparison, better buy that version"

PS4 pro? Lmao. It performs worse on that you fucking retard.

When will people realize that PC gamers get mad because they have standards? Almost all bad PC ports are better on PC. Arkham Knight, the worst port in PC history, was only a little be worse than consoles.

What's that meant to mean?

>PC gamers have standards
>Pirate everything
Sure

For a game that use taxing GI it sure doesn't look that good.

This.

>Buy full price game
>You are in the mercy of some random basement dweller to make the game work.
Solid business practice, more people should buy nier.

AK was fine on PC
I love how people cherry picking Batman missing rain textures in one cutscene (which was fixed a day later) but when the Console versions were lacking multiple Physx effects no one cared

>cut graphical features
>Surprised to gain performances

Are PFats this retarded?

Is this game any good or is it just waifu bait? I saw a little bit of gameplay and I do like action RPG's.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0iUcgNCpg

You already know the answer to this.

The rendering is okay though (it's pretty impressive to see real time GI on consoles at around 60fps, in fact) , it looks bad because of the cheap assets due to cheap budget

>sonyfags actually believe this
lmao baka desu senpai

some reviewers are seriously calling it art.

so will we get an equivalent of dsfix or will we wait for an official update? im not buying this game until i know itll run on my comp.

>Is this game any good or is it just waifu bait?
Why do reddit like this particular phrase so much? SJW brainwashing?

It's pretty good. Played it all weekend. Haven't played that much video games in probably years. The waifu bait is icing on the cake.

Cunt

>mods
>denuvo
pick one

Okay but is there a way to make it so that the girls in the game don't magically disappear when you get close to them with the camera?

so? those are meaningless

Denuvo only protects the exe.

the fuck do i do with the dll just shove it into the game folder ?
or is it not released in a usable form yet

I really want an option to push out the draw distance further. The pop-in right now is kinda distracting.

I'd gladly use a mod to lower the global illumination, and a mod to up draw distance.

which is required to be modified for any serious modding

Still butthurt eh?

from what i know, all files are encrypted so you can't edit shit, unless devs let you to edit files like total war devs

Nude mods are boring as fuck, why do PC fags have no imagination. At least make model swaps and make commander model with 2B head

>framerate drops with no AA
Why?

Compile the cpp and put it into the game directory I guess?

>inb4 50 replies
Sup Forums is so retarded these days

The PC release is about to meet the Japanese first week sales user
This is one of Square's most successful Japanese PC releases ever

I know, right? Just look at all this pirated money.

>Platinum and SE should be ashamed for such a lousy port.
BUT PC IS THE LEAD PLATFORM DID Sup Forums LIE TO ME AGAIN

It is
They said so in an interview, and it looks and runs best on PC. Its not even a bad port. Just don't use fullscreen.

MGS5 port was flawless though.

Great, will you actually play it though or just shitpost more?

Spotted the sonyfag that does not have either a Pro or the game.

No

Dark Souls 3 ran great on PC though you memequeen.

C-CRACK WHEN

This actually can happen

>owns zestiria but not berseria
baka desu senpai

>Valkyria Chronicles
Wait what?

Did anyone make a hack which makes you play as 2b/A2 during 9S chapters? I don't want to play as that idiot.

what what?

Maybe he doesn't like shit RPG's and got burned once

keep memeing this senpai
we'll get it eventually, nier is too big not to get it

>need a $1000 to run it like on PS4pro
>no resolutions above 900p, only upscales
>crashes and bugs everywhere
>released a month later
yeah PC is the lead platform

>Zestiria
>no Berseria

I hope you're just waiting for a sale.

Why do PCfats fall for every bait, go dammit Sup Forums

>implying that Zestiria combat isn't superior to berseria

Trump's only been selling hats for 2 years.

well shit. This is news to me.

You're a few years late
store.steampowered.com/app/294860/
>no resolutions above 900p, only upscales
You're wrong though
Fullscreen upscales. Play it windowed mode and it supports higher resolutions. Fullscreen is just currently buggy. You get around this by forcing borderless fullscreen

welcome to 2014

Anyone tried it yet?

texture/model swaps can be done by memory editing or replacing model files (if people figure out how to unpack the game data)

>No Toukiden
>no Mushihime Sama
>no Guilty Gear Xrd
>No Ys

I would with that slowpoke.

>Ys
>ports
Those games are originally PC user

underrated post

>from what i know

Which is nothing

>Sup Forums
>playing games
>especially on PC

I don't understand how you're supposed to run this.
The link gives you two C++ functions, even if you compile them into a DLL how do you put them into the game?

yeah very soon i'm sure lmfaoooo

>tfw budget GTX 1050 ti and i3 6100

Can I run this shit or not?

Too bad PC gaming is full of retarded elitists that believe every new game needs a video card upgrade and more RAM to increase the performance of your PC.
You fags brought this on yourself. It almost makes me want to go back to being a console gamer.

only after mods fix it

took me a while

help i see no difference

>Gabe Logan Newell, often nicknamed Gaben, is an American computer
I laughed at this more than i should have

store.steampowered.com/app/207320/

Pretty sure these were PSP games.

Can you buy me the game, user?

>being this stupid
>in an age where everything gets patched

Even No Man's Sky is still getting content updates.

I got about 500 leftover, should I upgrade CPU or GPU? I emulate more than I play most games as I have no interest in scripted western AAA bullshit

>player scores
>not a shill game
>meaningless