Why the fuck does this game have so many weapons that are completely pointless...

Why the fuck does this game have so many weapons that are completely pointless? Basically every single weapon class has one or two weapons that completely outclass everything in their field. And then there are weapon classes that are complete shit across the board like whips, and fist weapons. Theres no reason to use any other greatswords aside from the claymore or the moonlight greatsword for int builds. The balder side sword statistically shits on every other straight sword. The Zweihander and Greatsword are better than the other 3 ultra swords because they are faster. The falchion and gold tracer invalidate all other curved swords. Uchigatana and washing pole are clearly the best weeb swords. Avelyn makes the other crossbows look like gutter trash. I can go on. Why does the other shit even exist? Does from not understand quality over quantity?

Different weapons have different move sets. A good selection of weapons gives players more choice and flexibility.

Except a good amount of weapons have literally the exact same moveset as others in their class.

>using the slow ass uchi instead of the slightly weaker but vastly superior iato
way to prove your argument is based on ignorance, buddy

Fashion Souls, really.

I like to think of certain shit weapons and weapon classes as equivalent to adjusting the difficulty level on a game. Spices things up and keeps them challenging on repeat play-throughs.

Different movesets, different ranges, strengths, scaling, damage types, status inflictions.

They have the same r1 attack speed and the iato does less damage and its r2 is a terrible move that leaves you open to backstabs and parries.

"Some weapons are weaker than others" isn't the same thing as "so many weapons are pointless" hth

Uchi r2 is horribly slow, at least iato's can be used as a mixup. The dash attack is great for catching pve unaware, anyway.

Everything is viable if upgraded (except the Drake sword).
The only time the meta really matters is during pvp which is a shitshow anyway. Don't be that guy.

DS pve can be beaten with only your flaccid cock as a weapon so thats not very impressive. Its not like the ai enemies can do that much if you spam the iato r2. It is however telegraphed as fuck against humans.

>They have the same r1 attack speed and the iato does less damage and its r2 is a terrible move that leaves you open to backstabs and parries.
All the same reasons to use the Chaos Blade over the Uchi

>using OP meta meme weapons
git gud faggot
don't be a sheep

>Using good weapons is a meme
God i hate retards like you so much. By your logic using anything aside from your bare fists makes you a faggot because anything else is too easy right?

If I can find a build to make good use of the True GSoA, then any other weapon shouldn't be a problem.
PvP viable at that, outranging and styling on claymore fags was never so much fun

Nice strawman there.

Having a handful of builds that anyone can use is great because then bad people can still play and enjoy the game.

But needing to use the same builds as half of the playerbase means you're bad.

If you can't win fights with weapons that aren't top tier then you're bad.

Complaining about a handful of weapons being better than others in their classes is pointless, the only thing keeping you from using any weapon is how good you are. So sure, if you're DaS PvP God then why not bitch slap everyone else to death?

What are you pretending to be upset about, you massive queer? More choice?

Fun? like how armor is used for fashion.

This guy
Don't get me wrong. Stats matter. With that being said, souls games have always had a neat flexibility about them.

What I'm saying is, if you choose your equipment, purely because of stats, and nothing more.

You fucking suck. For real. Why use the one with 20 less AR? Because it's cool as shit, and being as you're, not shit, that 20 damage will make little to no difference at all.

Oh wait...

I can beat shitters like you with anything thats for sure.

So you have no rebuttal to any of the points I made?

You didnt make any valid points. Your argument is literally just:
>Youre bad because you use meta weapons that other people use too. You have to be a special snowflake like me
Fucking kill yourself.

Your argument stems from there not being anything better.

Everyone elses stems from not needing that advantage or trading damage for a preference/variety.

Both are reasonable stances to have.

In terms of git gud, that's gud with 1 situation vs good in many.