Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=94AWjwclP0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-87Zcp3hYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Slept well, didn't ya, 9S?

That honestly got me a bit hard.

(Song of the Ancients intensifies)

>Popola still the best girl

So I don't get what's the deal with these two.
The pods said they had their memories removed but what exactly did that mean?
Like just the memories about project gestalt?

Did they really just get bullied for 3 thousand years?

Somebody please post the image of them with their godly stomachs

Original DevPop are dead
These two are different models
Data on Gestalt was wiped out but they still knew that their models were the ones responsible for fucking everything up. I think eventually they got some inkling of the old data.

But yea, they did get bullied for 3000 years

I remember something about the text adventure saying they were programmed to constantly feel guilt over the failure of OG Nier's DevPop.

Why is that, I thought these models have been around since they were around.

>*block your path*

Stop? You want me to stop? You think I have the luxury to stop? It's way too late to stop! No one stops!

They wanted to wipe out the entire line but kept those two so they could be living reminders I guess.

Devola or Popola Sup Forums?

ok ill stay

KUWATAAAAAA
TSUNOWO VRALAIIIIIII

Popola obviously

That was the best line in the last game. So fucking good.

I guess. Makes me think that if they were programmed to feel that way, maybe newer android models were programmed to hate them.

>or
Are you implying there's a choice? You get them both or you get neither. Quit your whining.

MAKE OUT!

atleast it doesnt glith like nu male andromeda

Can't wait for the doujins

Devola. Her JP voice kinda sounds like Miyuki Sawashiro, which is a huge plus in my book.

What exactly did the devpop models do to doom humanity?

Play Nier.

Wanted to hurry along the gestalt project by making up bullshit to get NieR to hunt some shards for them; ended up biting them since NieR fucked their shit

it wasn't even their fault, they were just the ones punished for it

>tfw I got rid of my PS3 a few days before beating nier:a
>want to play other yoko taro games

>can't find it and nobody's posting it
is there really nothing to life but endless suffering?

Is that a fucking Emil in lower left in map

Yeah, he runs a traveling shop.

>preview of C/D routes has them looking smug as hell
>expect them to be the masterminds behind everything
>they don't really do anything and just die
I had way too many hopes for route C. I even expected a whole new map

Memes aside, is this a good gaym even if you never played a nier game before?

>get to this part with A2
>devpop laying on the ground dying in an emotional scene
>*LOUD LADADADEEDOO IN THE BACKGROUND*

Yes, you might miss some things but overall the story is pretty self-contained

The twin line wasn't forcefully scrapped, the survivors were just programmed to believe as much. Pod 153 mentions this after the visual novel segment.

What I don't get is why the Android Government or whomever's in charge would keep them around as scapegoats if they're selling the illusion that humans are still alive on the moon. "Hey everyone, THESE are the bitches that ruined Project Gestalt and led to the extinction of humanity! Oh, but uh... some of the Gestalts were fine and managed to unite with their Replicants just fine! Everything's fine! But blame these two for everything, uh, bad that happened anyway?"

Only glitch I got was A2's body disappearing after coming down from berserk mode during a cutscene and all that remained was a wig and a set of flying swords butchering machines.

Yeah. The impact of a few scenes towards the end will be lost on you, but that isn't necessary to understand the plot on hand.

nvm found it

youtube.com/watch?v=94AWjwclP0Y

Wasn't that still the humans fault? Shadowlord was practically at their service for 1500 years under the assumption Yonah would be cured even though the Project Gestalt brass knew she was uncurable. The fact that Popdev contained the Shadowlord for so long is remarkable and it really made me sad to see their Automata counterparts carry their sins.

Just finished Route C.

>Devola and Popola show up to save the day
>Song of the Ancients on steroids starts playing
>Hype intensifies

>first fight with Adam
>2B just fighting, not really showing much emotion
>Adam reveals he has 9S crucified on the wall
>2B goes nuclear, music cranks to MGR levels of hype

>Route C starts
>Bunker explodes seemingly killing any hope the androids may have had
>2B and 9S are fucking pissed
>another shooting section with 2B screaming and yelling while blowing stuff up
>Nier Automata title card shows up again

We're reaching hype levels that shouldn't be possible.

>tfw NieR 1 characters were so good they are the best part about Automata.

That's the point. Even if you ignore the Shadowlord, Project Gestalt was coming apart at the seams completely with no light at the end of the tunnel. All the twins did was put all of humanity's chips on one last roll of the dice and lost the bet.

Keep playing. And get out before you get spoiled.

After finishing route C it only takes you like 20 more minutes to get D and E anyway.

[muffled CHAA CHA CHAAAAAAAA in the distance]

Really? I don't need to collect all the weapons?

>Standing outside the Resistance Camp
>Emil never shows up

It's like waiting for the ice cream truck in a bad neighborhood all over again.

EVERYDAY'S A SAAAAALLLLEEEEE

No, the collect all the weapons thing is just to fight the secret boss.

I've had this happen so fucking much. Damn you to hell, Emil, you insensitive fuck.

Nah, that's just a trophy this time. Although you might also have to do it to fight the ultimate boss.

>tfw Nier Automata and Gravity Rush 2 are the first games I've replayed the moment I beat them in over 4 years

You need all the weapons and upgrade them to max level if you want to fight the Secret Final Boss

But you can get all the main endings without weapon collecting.

Fucking this exactly. The ONE emotion Taro captured through the characters of Automata is that anticipation as a kid of waiting for the ice cream man.

I think you always get both

Automata forces you to though, after i got Ending E I bought the rest of the trophies (was only missing a few stupid ones like kill friendly robots and collect data). Replayed the last part and deleted my save data, put the game away. I didn't enjoy the characters enough to actually 100% the game like I did the first one, so in the end I walked away from Automata more disappointed than I wanted to be.

You don't get just one, Devola and Popola are a combo deal 100% of the time. Choose one and you always get the other.

EVERY SALE'S A WHALE

Nier Devola and Popola > Automata Devola and Popola

So do they removed this scene from the game?

I'm going to marry Popola!

Eh, all the characters in the first Nier had weird triangle-shaped faces that made them look goofy.

Nah. Automata devo and popo are cuter

we're not so different after all

I always hated bangs on girls and they went all out on Popola for Automata.

Yes.

Seems like it would have played during that sidequest about the Yorha member who got shot down in the beginning but was secretly planning on defecting anyway.

>I always hated bangs on girls
How does it feel being so gay

Probably was just moved to the Forest Kingdom for the actual game.

EVERYDAYS A SALE
EVERY SALES A WIN

Absolutely not. Nier DevPop looked a little funky and stabbed you in the back

Automata DevPop are qts, dindu nuffin and helped you.

Should've sent Nier to collect Sealed Verses and then just lie to him and say that combining gestalts and replicants would heal Yonah.

Why not both?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-87Zcp3hYM

>Emil doesn't keep singing while in his shop menu

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So the Devola and Popola in Nier are the ones that fucked up, right? They're the reason everyone hates the other Devolas and Popolas?

So what I don't get is who made the androids? Who was around to make changes to the Devolas and Popolas after the ones in Nier failed? It says they were reprogrammed to constantly feel guilt. Who created Yorha? Humans weren't around to do any of this, right? I mean, humans were around in Nier but they were living tribal-esque lives. They weren't scientists around making androids, were there?

Was the entire process automated or something?

thank god, i'd fucking avoid his shop forever if he did.

((((RAPE))))

jesus fuck how can someone play this with that garbage dub

The remaning androids created Yorha user.
Did you not finish the game or something.

I will say, my drinking has gotten even worse and I've been feeling more depressed than I have in months since I've been playing Automata. The atmosphere here is so fucking bleak.

Other androids.

>Arrive at the Machine village for the first time
>Grow a liking to Pascal and the other guys
>9S constantly talks about how these machines have developed bonds like family and shit
>Just arrived at the forest castle yesterday
>Find the animal barn
>The machine who keeps the stable tells his story about how he saves injured and weak animals.
>Mfw these guys just want to lead a normal life and I know something bad is going to happen to them.

Man, I never thought I'd get so many feels from a bundle of machines in the forest. Pascal is going to die ain't he?

>So the Devola and Popola in Nier are the ones that fucked up, right?

In the ending that Automata follows everyone's memories of replica Neir before a certain point has been erased.

No one can remember he existed so the blame falls on Popola and Devola.

The Devola and Popola from the first Nier were turned into fucking dust by Popola's freakout. The number of Androids present during the time is a retcon, but it's not out of the question. I think that the original game even had Devola and Popola listed as Units 022 and 023 if I remember right.

>So what I don't get is who made the androids?
>Who was around to make changes to the Devolas and Popolas after the ones in Nier failed?
Humans and other androids.
Project Gestalt failed roughly in year 3400 but humanity went completely extinct 900 years later.

Why the fuck are you in this thread if you haven't finished the game yet?

completely unrelated, but are you saying that gravity rush is as interesting as nier in terms of plot?

cause I need something to fill the hole left by nier

That's for you to decide.

it's going to be fine, user.

>Pascal is going to die ain't he?
way worse, keep playing

white chlorination syndrome died down shortly between Nier 3rd ending and Nier Automata. Papa Nier's sacrifice die a lot more than what people expected. It gave humans a second chance essentially while completely getting rid of every trace of existence of Nier or Gestalt.
Then Automata happened, the last of the humans got fucked and the last thing they could essentially do was get some sort of automated process to keep yorha running while humans are no better than a piece of skin waiting to be cloned.

Automata is a repeat of the actions that occurred in the link between drakengard and nier, but with different triggers to the events taking place. Essentially though humans are fucked, what little that came back from the actions of Nier were wiped out just as fast in a span of a couple hundred years.

Think of it as a pick me up if you're going to play it after finishing Nier. Gravity Rush is bright and cheery most of the time.

>gravity rush is as interesting as nier in terms of plot?
Not him but not really. It's ok but still misses many answers possibly hinting to GR3.

Do they have dicks to? I just can't help thinking that the whole game is basically Chicks With Dicks: The RPG

Yes, during the emotional cutscene where Devola and Popola help you, Emil was just yelling: DA DO DA BA DOO
DO BA DA DA DOOO
EVERY DAYS A SALE
EVERY SALES A WIN

*blocks your path*

That is for you to decide

>Pascal is going to die ain't he?
Oh user, if only that was the case.

If they have DNA data from humans, why not just clone them from it?

WCS is long gone, just make androids nurse some humans up.