Remakes that are better than the originals

Remakes that are better than the originals

It's easier to list remakes that worse than the original.

What the fuck is that on the right.

>Remakes that don't exist
At this point I'd just deal with Takeuchi's prolific Saberface. Just release the fucking thing for god's sake.

Maverick Hunter X

Fuck right off with that.

Star Ocean 2 new art on psp.

kys

Extra Sakura > Regular Sakura

Jesus Christ how disgusting.
>Left: Shading, proper light source, texture to the clothing, more minor details and more naturalistic posing
>Right: I put those light spots people like in anime can be done now? Also make sure to shoot it so it looks like their in a low budget beauty commercial with some flat ass lighting.

pinnacle of creativity and character design

Looks like something I'd see on Tales of game.

It also removed this

>Age goes up
>Art actually make her look younger
?????????

How about you post a remake that actual exists

Probably because of this being one of the possible ending for her.

But then why make her art not be reflective of the age change? It says 17 in the first one but she could easily be 20, in the second one bitch looks 15.

>15
Try 12, though I suppose she's gook and they always look younger than they actually are.

Someone please post YU-NO remake.

How do you pronounce this name?

Ark-rue-eed?

Please never post the YU-NO remake.

Atari Dumbledore.

It says it right there: アルクェイド
Can't you read?

"Alu-card"

>secondaries

pic unrelated, right

Arcade Bumstead

DELETE THIS! MY WAIFU IS NOT SABER!

What went wrong?

Takeuchi lost what little skill he had to begin with after TM stopped making VNs and had other artists handle the majority of the artwork. I mean the artwork for the last VN five years ago wasn't even handled by him, for crying out loud.

>reeee, it's a generic modern art style instead of a generic 90's art style!

Good post.

Arc's whole schtick was to draw as little attention to herself as possible given that she had blonde hair and fucking red eyes in Japan.

That's why she wore a sweater and long skirt. I'm fine with them deciding to change the look but you have to keep up the pretext. That new skirt is not inconspicuous at all.

Y-yeah, totally, OP.

I don't know what this is but I hate the fuck out of it already.

One of the TM's fortes was having very simple character designs for characters who were supposed to pass themselves off as normal people, yet still manage to make those designs distinct and notable enough to be memorable and marketable as the faces of the product they were trying to sell. Obviously considerably less so in the case of the FSN servants, but still.

And now we have F/GO, where all pretext of subtlety is lost so everyone is a complete fashion disaster. It's a damn shame.

JUST

Honestly the remake art isn't bad in itself but the 90's anime look is needed for the true YU-NO experience.

why the fuck does umineko always look like they're having a stroke

Is this the PS3 version? I guess it doesn't take much to be better drawn than Ryukishi's art, but it still manages to look horrible. And less charming.

What remake? All I see is vaporware

I forgot about Saber and Arcueid's freaky bastard child.

Wow, this one is a mixed bag. Some of the originals are godawful, while some are better than the remakes.

>old MC was a jug-eared eye-obscured dork
>new MC is just a straight generic ikemen
That's kind of weird.

Nope, it's the Steam version.

PS3 version looks like this.

Ocarina of Time 3D

I thought as much, I remember the PS3 version looking much better than that. So they redid the artwork twice and actually fucked it up worse on the second attempt? What's the point?

That's not fair.

Your post is like taking an Atlas Assault Mech to a Powered Armor duel.

Erase this.

It's hilarious because they both look like shit.

>Anime was a mistake

But Lambda was made before Nu.

They did the same with Higurashi. Honestly best thing to do is just swap in the PS3 assets. A shame the Japanese are so protective of their licenses when anyone who has a clue would just use the superior art anyway.

Both Untold games.

>medieval knight
>bondage slut with pink hair
>mostly naked 12 feet tall bodybuilder
>faggot in blue bodysuit
>creepy elf priestess
>samurai with sword longer than he is tall
>nightmare fuel masked black wraith
>guy in flashy golden suit of armour
Such normal people

The one remake that almost ruined that company. They got sued for not censoring properly the hentai scenes.

Copyright issues

>Obviously considerably less so in the case of the FSN servants, but still.
Good reading comprehension you've got there.

Seems odd that they just couldn't get the license for the PS3 artwork, surely redrawing everything from scratch with a new artist wouldn't have been much cheaper.

Arc-oo-eyd

cuet

Carnival Phantasm said it as "Aru-ceid-oh"

If I recall, the issue was that the company owned all original assets including voice, sounds and art so they'd have to relicense all of that and I'm pretty sure voices are the most expensive. I don't know the status of the voice overs of Umineko though.

Nah. Changes in style was a mistake.

Why can't Japan use shading properly in anime and other media anymore? And honestly it slowly is turning into something deviant-art-ish at times.

So they didn't even include the voice acting in the Steam release? Fucking skinflints. At that point you might as well just port the original version with Ryukishi's artwork, at least then it'd retain it's original crude charm.

Like I said I don't know how they treated the other aspects of Umineko past the art on Steam. If it's like Higurashi, classic is always an option (and, in fact, Higurashi glitched out on me for an otherwise intense scene where I was treated to a psycho girl threatening me with her ham hands).