SFV

How do I win a footsy battle with Karin? Both Dhalsim and Chun Li have been messing my shit up. I sit there blocking and any time I try to throw something back I'm hit, even if it's just her crouching mediums. Should I use the lights? It's constant offence and I can't seem to do anything other than defend

Also SFV thread. How's Kolin lads?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FhlN-d6rN-A
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58907224
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums plz it's not a dead game just yet

post gyaru chun

help

footsies in SFV? lmao

Fish with st.Hk for a CC, or jump at them/dash in.

Will that work? Jumping and dashing don't doesn't seem like it'd work since we were crouched next to each other as I'm holding low block

>finally hit lmaosilver
>start losing every fight, can't even beat people ranked 100k higher (lower?) than me
Send help

Hit training mode and switch to Casual matches
Failing that take a break

Never crossed my mind to try casual. Thanks for the advice

It's all I've been doing these days desu

this

Rank?

st.mk cr.mk and st.lk to counter poke and when you're in you won with her godlike mp and cr.mp

Fish for cr.mk into fast tenko or qcb+HK but thats more risky. Footsies is not just tossing out normals but whiff punishing and all that.

>Looking around on twitch and yt
>nobody plays chun but a few top players or random newbies
>mfw seeing high level chun
>mfw wondering if I made a mistake picking her up

Is it me or charging moves in SFV take fucking FOREVER to do. cr.mp to st.mp to cr.mk x SBK is fucking AWFUL.

They butchered her in Season 2. She does no damage and her combos suffered
Try double tapping mk sbk or delay cancel into lk sbk

>Is it me or charging moves in SFV take fucking FOREVER to do.
It is you but it wont be for too long now. April patch apparently adds more charging time for everyone. Some combos might not be possible after that.

I just want to find another character. But nobody clicks the closest I got to was chun and they are adding charge time?

Playing strait footsies against those two might be the more difficult route. Karin has really good dashes, so try and work a good shimmy into your game to punish them for stick out buttons (will work on chun, probably not sim).

Honestly, Karin fairs well against 90% of the cast; you could always pick up an alternate that handles those two match-ups better. Many pros have come out and said to succeed in SFV, you need an alternate for your bad match-ups.

Karin has some really great buttons, and a really good shimmy. Those two alone are good enough for you to thrive in the neutral game. Sim definitely throws that out of whack with his range; I don't know the match-up enough to give you much advice on it.

No no no no no wrong. It adds a buffer after letting go of the charge. So you now have 4 more frames of the charge still being held.

Anytime you rank up, switch to Casual for your next 50~ matches. You'll get matched up with higher players, so by the time you go back into Ranked you won't immediately get BTFO by players higher than you. Either that or go find some battle lounges and play against better people for awhile.

I've done this at ultra silver, gold, super gold, and ultra gold and it helped my rank progression tremendously.

Wait seriously? So they want everyone to do Urien headbutt loops more easily? Why in the fuck?
t.Urine main

Keep in mind the buffer was 12f in S1, 6f in S2 and now 10f in S2.1
If Chun clicks for you then keep playing her. She's not bad like Fang or Juri. She just struggles more against the top 5, maybe 10

Lads I've become addicted to the Spooky stage theme.
I sit in the menu just to listen to it. I don't buy stages but I went to purchase this one for the music alone. Bloody not available anymore though so I can't though. It's catchy af

TAKE THIS HIGHER

Fucking Ono, Fang needed more buffs ;_;
He is the Fag And Nigger Genocide

>tfw was switching over from s1 juri

I have no choice. Maybe its just me with juri I like her best but I couldn't hit super silver after trying. I picked up cammy s2 and got to gold in like a week and playing chun climbing to silver is taking forever.

>tfw Birdie got his cr.Mp and EX Bullhorn nerfs reversed

FRAME ONE ARMOR BABY, FUCK YOUR MEATIES

>want to pick up Kolin so fucking bad
>character requires a bit more thought than my usually brainless main, decide to wait for guides to be made
>practically no Kolin tutorials outside basic combo videos and replays of professionals doing crazy shit with her without any explanations

I've been playing her in Casual for the past few days, but I've been making shit up as I go along and I've been losing practically every game because of it. Any help with her would be very appreciated

>want to play kolin
>double tap all my input
>mfw you can mash p for her qcf move

I'm always happy to see a sfv thread but then I remember people on Sup Forums are mostly silver or bronze shitters.
Sadness every time.

9k points here

16k Fang

I'll try this.

I usually use cr.mk but it couldn't land at all. Every time I tried to throw it I'd get hit first, leaving me a bit confused honestly. I even tried cr.mp at times and couldn't get it to land.

>work a good shimmy into your game
I'm not too clued up in fighting game terms, what do you mean by this?
I appreciate the alternate advice, I tried to learn Kolin a bit but ultimately I just felt as if it was time wasted when I could be getting better with Karin instead, who I'm not really great with.

Thanks for the tips lads. I just tried st.HK now against a Bison, couldn't get it to land right and got pieced up instead. Maybe I'll go for st.mk

Is Bison still shit?

Not at all

>13 posters
dead game lol

14 now
Game revived ;^)

>don't know what a shimmy is
>plays sf5

Yeah and I've played SF2, 3rd Strike, 4 and a bunch of Capcom crossover games too. What's your bloody point you mongoloid

What'd they do to him?

ok I honestly don't even believe you now because shimmies are actually prevalent in sf3

I don't even need you to believe me. I've been playing SF since I was a kid back on SNES ffs
You do realise millions of people buy these games with no real intention of getting much further than being able to do a hadouken? Fighting games are great for couch co op.
Not everyone tries to git gud and I hadn't for the longest time, despite playing a lot of SF.

Now, if you'd be so kind to actually answer the question rather than be all elitist because you know a fighting game term that I don't.

>inb4 "spoonfeeding"
Really I could just Google it but I'm trying to make conversation here, discussion imageboards work that way

No they're not. The only reason you notice them more is they're the ones actually asking for help.

Besides the overall changes like the white health and meterless dps,
A 3 frame light
df.hp is great
ex devils reverse is dumb
can store fireballs absorbed with vskill

New character when?

>Be me
>high gold player
>know the game, main Birdie
>Kolin releases
>full on waifu material
>learn her combos, set ups, confirms, etc.
>confidently take her into ranked
>win a couple
>then lose
>then lose
>lose
>frustrated but determined
>my face when I ranked back down to ultra silver
My own damn fault, Fuck Kolin. Too much work for nothing.

At least the patch was nice to Vega.

Are you aware Casual matches exist
As well as Battle Lounges?

>fighting game couch co op
Aint that some shit

local multiplayer*
Not sure why I said that 2bh

Isn't SF on the Switch going to have couch co op though? Don't judge homie

Forget that autismo.
A shimmy is when you bait a throw and punish their throw attempt. It usually goes like this.
You block my buttons, I walk fowards. You see this and think I'm going for a grab and attempt to tech it. I walk back before you throw and punish with something.

Why isn't there any Gyaru Karin?

Yeah. Over confident really. Once the streak got going I should have stopped. Don't really care, my ranking is still around that pool that I feel the competition is pretty good. Just gotta put that work back in with Birdie, and with his buffs coming, that should be no issue.

Thanks user, appreciate it. I'll try and do it in future, not sure I'll be able to pull it off. Throws give me a bit of trouble, I've never been very good at tech-ing them

Thats punishing a throw tech. Shimmying is different.

youtube.com/watch?v=FhlN-d6rN-A
I don't see any difference

>play Ranked after dodging it for 3 months
>get a 4K rashidoo
>body him one round
>*le black screen of no points*
>go back to cassuals
Super Silver for life. Seriously fuck who ever RQ and fuck Cuckcom for not giving me my points.

How much Fight Money do you have Sup Forums?

>footsies
>Chun Li
Muh dick

like 1.4 million lmao
game sucks haven't even had it installed since several months ago

I bought recently FangĀ“s history costume

I wish I bought everything when the proxy still worked. My friend did the same thing and kept all his FM purchases after the fact.

>mfw getting the hang of ibuki and ranked up to super bronze

I'm doing it guys I'm winning

No, that's literally what a shimmy is.

Have all characters, a few side costumes and most released stages. Used one round survival until
Judi released. Think I have 320k.

Careful, meaty jabs actually beat it.
Obviously most shitters wont know about that.

I love that gif
I do not love the fact that we might be losing meaty lp combos in the upcoming patch

Just cheesed survival hard with urien knee drop shenanigans so have around 60k now.
4-5 weeks of fight money missions and I should hit 100k just as the new character drops. Havent payed for a single character yet.

635000, I only bought the characters.

God damn why is Kolin so fun! I'm been married to Chun-Li for 20 years but goddamn I'm getting ready to divorce her for Kolin.
>MFW when I successfully read my opponent and counter the fuck out of them

What? It gets armor on frame 1. How would a meaty beat it?

armor is frame1, but the move isnt active from frame one.
the move itself has 15 frames of startup, so if you rapidfire jabs into it they will break the armor and beat it.

Well now that's a different scenario. But frame 1 armor will beat single hits. Meaty or not

I don't play Kolin but it I smirk whenever someone counters me perfectly
It's so damn sly and I never see it coming

Balrog and Laura getting no nerfs is stupid.

Alex and FANG are still going to be worthless but Ryu, Nash and Vega might be better.

Look, the scenario is meaties.
When the guy uses a meaty mp or whatever it will get eaten by the ex horn.
But if the guy actually knows the matchup he can just put down two meaty jabs and you will lose.

Standing HK. The crush counter makes enough hit stun to command dash and start a combo.

Alternatively, you can v-trigger cancel if you hit and it's not a crush counter.

>that feel when getting a clutch 2/0 as Zangief against an equally ranked Sim
Sometimes, just sometimes it feels like it's worth trying.

searching for intentionally bad pixiv fanart is fun

This was probably from an MS Paint thread here

>tfw all of a sudden getting paired with silvers as a bronze

i dont care about losing but these niggas never rematch reeee

nah
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58907224

you'll always get matched with people one league above and below you.

I don't rematch specifically because I care about losing
Unless we go 1-1 then it's just rude not to

So what are your predictions on when Alex will stop being shit?

cool art

not in season 2.5

I hate this

you're lame but not as lame as this almost super silver birdie that ran from a 1-1 winning it with a wakeup super. It takes too long to find matches to deal with scared players.

matchmaking time and loading screens make me want to claw my eyes out

the waiting time to gameplay ratio is almost 50:50

GET HYPED

>april 1st

that is an actual feature. the speed up screens mod doesnt actually make the game load faster, it just makes those screens end faster.

If you're on PC there's a mod for the loading times, it even works online if your opponent uses it too.

I own the game on ps4

>fighting urien with all of these safe moves and huge damage

send help

exactly, there is no loading during those screens which means that they made those stupidly long vs screens intentionally long.

There is loading happening at the same time, but you still have to wait out the timer

They probably did that to make the PC version "load" as slowly as the PS4 version.
PS4 is fucking shit at this stuff, Tekken 7 stages load even longer.

it loads during the whoosh sound after the screen.

Agreed. I've been playing a lot more lately and it genuinely takes the piss
Can't believe they've not resolved this even now

>Cammy getting buffed
>Balrog basically untouched
>Alex still garbage
>FANG only getting decent improvements
Whoever is in charge of balance needs to seppuku and fuck off already.