Why can't I play this game on a modern nintendo handheld?

Why can't I play this game on a modern nintendo handheld?

You can via eshop, or a 3DS hacked for emulation.

You can????
I have it on my non-Hacked N3DS
It was free.

you had your chance

>paying an extra $100 for a console
>free

I had it on the 3DS, that was where I first played it. Looks like someone wasn't an ambassador.

Don't and play it on your GBA sp.
It's comfy as fuck.

>it was free
when?

The Ambassadors got it as one of the GBA games.

If you hack your 3DS you can get it via freeShop.

ambassador program

>tfw I sold my original 3DS for a Vita

>It had all the free GBA and NES games and Four Swords

feelsbadman.jpg

Can I get the other ambassador GBA games on Freeshop, user?

Yeah, definitely. That's how I installed WarioWare.

Thanks m8

This, get a modded GBA with a backlight, comfiest shit. Thing is that the screens cost a lot, I'm waiting till someone starts manufacturing them again or an alternative screen comes out, though I might be waiting a while.

>Switch
>modern

IMO that's one of the justifiable reasons to hack.

Walling off shit into "NEVER EVER" land is garbage.

He's one of those retards who paid $250 for a launch model 3DS. After they cut the price they gave early adopters a bunch of free NES and GBA games.

And the GBA games have never been released otherwise nor have they ever done other GBA games on 3DS.

All that work to make an emulator and they went absolutely nowhere with it.

Joke's on you, I got my 3DS after the price drop and still got the Ambassador Titles.

same deal with N64 VC games, they're the only people on earth who have a somewhat reliable N64 emulator and they just straight up refuse to release games.

They didn't make an emulator. GBA games on 3DS are running natively in DSi mode.
That's unacceptable for Nintendo as a "Virtual Console" which is why they never perused it.

Gotta have those savestates.

The N64 is a weird bird, though.

For instance I'm not sure Nintendo could ever make an emulator that plays GT64 correctly.

Why couldn't this Zelda game have been 1) on consoles 2) with a visual style similar to Majora's Mask?

Sorry dudes, but Toon Link to me is a cancer. I don't mind cartoony Links like the art style of Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword (don't like Breath of the Wild though). But Toon Link looks like a goddamn Power Puff Girl and that just reeks of lazy design work.

Toon link is a miles better design than the other one. God forbid your character actually has facial expressions and a personality.q

>2) with a visual style similar to Majora's Mask?
Because a game where you shrink down and befriend tiny people (with literal friendship charms) who live in the walls isn't edgy or dark at all and wouldn't fit that artstyle in the slightest?

Did you even play Minish Cap nigga?

Link ALWAYS had facial expressions in 3D games. The only time ironically where Link doesn't have facial expressions? Breath of the Wild the first Zelda game with voiced cut scenes no less. It's actually hilarious and embarrassing for Nintendo to have cut scenes like with Mipha declaring her love for Link and he's.....got this stone blank face of his.

>with a visual style similar to Majora's Mask?

Fuck off.

Never thought Majora's Mask had a "dark" art style. And it's the same style from OoT. Just look at the artwork of Kid Link in OoT like him chiling with Kid Zelda or the image of Kid Link playing with Navi. Looks innocent enough, yet aesthetically more pleasing and something that's more kiddish looking than even Megaman Classic's art style.

Wind Waker's and MC's style match the tone of their games as well as OoT and MM's did. There is no universal Zelda aesthetic.