Name a fanbase more afraid of change and improvement

Name a fanbase more afraid of change and improvement.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/03/dragon-quest-xi-introduces-battle-system-new-characters-martina-rou
gematsu.com/2017/03/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-meet-heroes-part-iii-maribel-ruff-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Kp97eDZBnDQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>improvement
Prove it.

Didn't the 3DS remakes add new features and lowered the grinding you need to do?

Technically that's improvement and I don't really anyone legitimately complaining about it.

Fuck the fanbase I wish Square Enix would stop treating it like the holy grail and release it in the west more aggressively instead of taking shits on us with Final Funtasee

First, tell me why Dragon Quest needs to change and how it could be "improved."

Pokemon.

First of all quit releasing it for the shittiest possible platform you can(No nintenbro) and for christs sake quit making it platform exclusive(This is just double down retardation on their part)

Pokemon.
>There are fags out there who legitimately believe it's tourny-worthy

Aren't the newest Dragon Quest games on PS4?

>quit making it platform exclusive
DQXI is coming out on Switch, 3DS, and PS4.

I had an argument the other day with someone who INSISTED that DQXI is going to be more revolutionary than Breath of the Wild. When Dragon Quest is one of the most stagnant series of all time. What a laugh.

The battles are fine, it's the actual hunting and capturing of Pokemon which is inexcusably dated.

That's exactly what they are doing. Now actually answer the question.

Hey its at least a nice direction but they are still being too stingy as far as I'm concerned

At least ill be able to steal it on PC with emu but I would like to buy

>the whole of what makes Pokemon, Pokemon, is bad

Stop playing Pokemon then.

Also DQ needs no improvements. See what 'improving' each FF has done for it?

1 Mainline title has been exclusive to Nintendo platforms the last 20 years, IX. X was multiplatform and XI is as well.

>it's the actual hunting and capturing of Pokemon which is inexcusably dated

Play digimon then

Seem they are finally doing that. Sadly after the 3DS games outside of the mainline. And that only being Nintendo stepped in and helped out with the money.

>Stop playing Pokemon then.

I have, I just think the games have potential beyond "walk back and forth and roll against encounter table" that they will never achieve

Don't these sell like a billion copies every time a new mainline one comes out in Japan?

Changing things just to change is dumb.

What do you propose as a better method for catching Pokemon?

only mega weebs will be able to stomach Dragon Quest's gameplay and graphics

the whole american population will just go 'lol wtf is this game from 2006 lmao TURN BASED IN 2017?!?"

gematsu.com/2017/03/dragon-quest-xi-introduces-battle-system-new-characters-martina-rou

gematsu.com/2017/03/dragon-quest-heroes-ii-meet-heroes-part-iii-maribel-ruff-trailer

>the whole american population will just go 'lol wtf is this game from 2006 lmao TURN BASED IN 2017?!?"

As evident by the PS4's abysmal sales for Dragon Quest Heroes 2.
There has literally been more sales from import sites for the Vita version of DQH2 than there has been for localized versions of the PS4 version

Feel like they are both doing the same thing. Mainline stay the same with minor tweeks here and there. While having a billion spinoffs that does really crazy things. Now if only they make a Pokemon Musou like with DQ Heroes and everyone will cream themselves.

They could make it as though you're actually in the wilderness encountering a wild animal that will choose to either confront you or run away and force you to act accordingly. It's not too hard to imagine.

Fuck them who cares what normies think

Just release on steam and call it a day

They seem to have no problem doing this with their Eidos catalog

Reminder that the best-selling game in the franchies was a Nintendo-exclusive release. They shouldn't change platform at all.

But they did anyway, XI is coming to 3DS, Switch and PS4.

Sounds like Ni no Kuni

Translating is costly
and with a LONG ASS game like dragon quest with almost non existent voice overs and nothing but TEXT

I doubt they wanna waste their money

They tried this. It's called "Pokemon Ranger." Go play it if that's what you want, there's like three of them.

Or just go play a WRPG because it's clear that's what you're really asking for.

I have Builders coming in the post. What am I in for?

Once again then don't translate it

No problem on steam, people will translate for you

THERE IS LITTERALLY NO REASON TO JUST DROP IT ON STEAM

>THERE IS LITTERALLY NO REASON TO JUST DROP IT ON STEAM

I mean, you're not wrong

building

Fuck. I want a refund

Good music
Fun exploration
Feeling of emptiness after the plat

They're a big company

it would damage their reputation and hurt sales if they release a non translated game and made it available through steam

even if you argue that its meant for japanese people if the fact that you can buy the game from steam means that you went through an american publisher first or squareenixes american counter part

and an american company releasing a game literally no one in their region could read or even play...well you can understand

like I said they wouldn't bother catering to a such a tiny circle with that kind of consequences

Thanks user, love good music in a game

>Feeling of emptiness after the plat

I know that feeling all too well...

It'll certainly be a better game.
It's nice to get a guarantee like that. You won't find consistency like that in Zelda.

Final Fantasy, difference between that franchise & DQ is the FF devs are ready for change.

JRPG

That's laughable too.
Zelda is good because of its innovation.
I don't welcome consistency when it's boring consistency like DQ's.

Happy SE is at least trying to do something with Dragon Quest here. They advertise Builders which shocked me and hope it did well.
In my opinion a MUCH better Minecraft. You have much better control since it's third person. Plus because of the recipe you can quickly make as much as you want without having to deal with the whole 3x3 system.

Mass Effect

There's no WRPG where you can catch cute little mans :(((

The fighting game community

GIMME MY DRAGON QUEST MONSTERS 2 3DS REMAKE, YOU CUNTS.

DQM1 got translated, thankfully.

Your "innovation" has gotten you nothing but shitty games since Minish Cap. Which wasn't even Nintendo's doing, Capcom had to come in and make a decent Zelda game because they couldn't.

The 3ds is dead though.

DQXI is changing things up a bit and it looks great

>americans

not even a weeb but the average american doesn't know jack shit about what makes a good video game

Dragon Quest is fine. Not every game needs to be a action game user.

Minish Cap was not a good game so your hot opinions basically belong in the trash with you.

And it's good for that reason, don't need to worry about it when you have a game you know you'll enjoy each time. Pokemon on the other hand tried change with the 3DS transition and that just went wrong.

Looking at several long running series, like Final Fantasy, I don't blame them. We don't need yet another pseudo-action role-playing game.

Yes it does, and if you disagree, then you're a fossil ready to buried, grandpa. Face it, turn-based RPGs are DEAD, so stop fucking resisting, and get in the grave.

Turn based shit is like the COD of Japan
Different cultures different tastes

b-but FFXV was 10 times b-better than Final Fantasy VIII!!!!!!

I really wish this attitude would fuck off. The idea that turn-based is "outdated" is asinine. Not every game needs to be an action game.

>They're a big company
That's no excuse

KOEI is having no problem dumping their catalog on steam, fuck piggu translations

Nice retort, I'm sure it took more thought than open world action game #18383892.

With the sheer number of IP out these days why does it matter to you if Dragon Quest stays with tradition?

Why does it bother you so much?

Seems like you guys just have something against turn based RPGs.

But the series improves with each installment.

>V, VI, VII. VIII are all better than IX
>X is a mmo so doesn't count

please try to remain sane while consuming japanese products user

Why do you think time and time again Dragon Quest has bad sales in the west?

the west is interested in traditional games like that
heck even Final Fantasy which was more of an action-y' turn based game amazing graphics but is still overshadowed by games like COD and Battle field

How butthurt are you that BotW is actually a really fucking good game? You enjoying being a hipster piece of shit?

DQ 7>4NES>3>8>5>9>6>1>2

What the fuck are you gonna emulate you braindead retard?

>Why do you think time and time again Dragon Quest has bad sales in the west?

Probably because they're pandering to the wrong communities

Look, faggot, we just want life bars and timers. Maybe ring outs to shake it up.

This bullshit percentage "hop around on platforms smash your opponent out of the stage" gameplay is NOT A FIGHTING GAME.

The same people that consider BOTW good are the same retards that still gush over Skyrim.

Battling and capturing Pokemon is fine. Just wish they did more with mainline Pokemon than "kid in small town gets pokemon, travels to gyms, has a rival, stops local gang". Being "for kids" is no excuse to rehash literally the same plot each generation.

The west also buys up Drake's music. Oh and guess what we also love? Wrestling. Oh and we really fucking love bullshit "reality" television.

Just because a change might make a game sell more doesn't mean that the change is "good" for the series. Dragon Quest provides traditional JRPG fans with a somewhat safe-haven of sorts.

Just get over the fact that not every game series needs to conform to the shit taste of the common American.

DIdn't the game just come out? Where are you getting sales from?

I absolutely detest walking back and forth in the tall grass and I refuse to ever do it again

youtube.com/watch?v=Kp97eDZBnDQ

this is why my fav pokemon games are Col. and Gale of Darkness despite their blatant flaws

There's a demo for it. It doesn't carry over so I wouldn't waste too much time on it. The game is insanely comfy and fun. It's like minecraft with a narrative and objective. Also Pipa is mine, back off.

Dragon quest you mong

Literally the game the topic is about

For fucks sake get it together

thread should have ended here

Dragon Quest has been dead in America since the DS ports.

TF2

Dengeki

No I mean what the fuck are you gonna emulate DQ11 on? The nonexistent PS4/Switch/3DS emulators?

you're the only one that replied because everyone that knows anything knows that Brawl was a step back and Wii U was just a band aid for Brawl.

Build off of Melee instead of shitting on it. We are not afraid of change and improvement. We are afraid of extreme changes and detriment and that is exactly what Brawl was.

Thanks, really looking forward to it

I played that a few months back at it was pretty comfy and charming so I hope the game is more or less an expansion on that

Don't worry I'll be gentle with your waifu :3

They somehow have American sales?

Short attention spans. Future generations are fucked. If it wasnt bad enough we have spiderman vs elsa youtube videos that kids are now growing up on. The next generation will be more pathetic than you...

>American sales are more important than the main demographic of the game

What a pretentious faggot

>See what 'improving' each FF has done for it?
Since when has Square had the objective in "improving" Final Fantasy? They continually change character development/customization mechanics from switching job systems, materia, junctions, natural growth, to action based combat. They obviously aren't trying to make the same game and want to try something new.

My only regret is not getting it when it came out and playing it all winter long. I forgot why but I stopped playing it recently so now I might have to wait a few months until I can go back and finish it up. I hope I can though, I really liked it.

>the whole american population will just go 'lol wtf is this game from 2006 lmao TURN BASED IN 2017?!?"
>As evident by the PS4's abysmal sales for Dragon Quest Heroes 2.

Oh my bad. I thought you were talking about US sales rather than the sales of a game on an irrelevant island.

>implying current generations aren't tired of how faggy the last generation is

While not needed if you played DQ1 you get a bit more out of the story. Builders takes place in a different universe where the Hero of DQ1 joined with the Dragon Lord. So every place you restore in Builders is a place you visit in DQ1. And with that you do things that has some link to that town. Like Kol and it's hot spring. It's still a great game without it so don't feel force to play DQ1 if you don't want to since it's hard to go back to that game with it being as grindy as it is.

lol.

>irrelevant island.

Better learn nip fast as they'll probably stop localizing these games if it keeps up.

Yeah, you are just mad at success. Enjoy living in fedora world, I'll be off playing video games. Don't bother responding to me again, I'm done with this thread. Seeya.

I guess this confirms you've never played Sun/Moon because it's not like that at all.

Would be nice if you actually got informed before running your fat mouth.

Shin Megami Tensei
Unlike Dragon Questfags, SMTfags even hate modern graphics and insist that SNES-level sprites are ideal.

>Would be nice if you actually got informed before running your fat mouth.

Someone's a bit touchy.