Top five Zelda games

Most of Sup Forums has beat botw or are at least many hours into the game. Post your updated lists.

1.Breath Of The Wild
2.Wind Waker
3.Ocarina Of Time
4.Link to the past
5.Link between worlds

Anyone?

1. Majora's Mask
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Wind Waker
5. A Link Between Worlds

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Majora's Mask
4. Wind Waker
5. Twilight Princess

BotW
MM
OoT
Link's Awakening
Alttp

Breath of the Wild
Link to the Past
Link Between Worlds
Ocarina of Time
Windwaker

1. Oracle of Ages
2. Oracle of Seasons
3. Link's Awakening
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Twilight Princess because it created Midna, but I don't actually like it.

I still haven't played Breath of the Wild and won't until the Switch gets a decent library going for it.

1. A Link to the Past
2. Link's Awakening
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. Ocarina of Time
5. The Adventure of Link

I think I'll like Breath of the Wild when I do finally get around to it but I doubt it'll become a top favorite or anything.

BotW
OoT
WW
LttP
MM

Why is nobody putting TP in their top 5? I thought Sup Forums loved Twilight Princess?

1. BotW
2. Majora's Mask
3. A Link to the Past
4. A Link Between Worlds
5. Wind Waker

1) BOTW
2) Twilight Princess
3) OOT
4) WW
5) Lttp

In my top 10

this nigga is mine

>I doubt it'll become a top favorite or anything
Thanks for the blog update pal

>BotW
>OoT
>aLttP
>original
>aLBW

What are you so butthurt about, baby girl?

>w-what are you so butthurt about
lol

>thread about opinions on the Zelda series
>a reply that gives an opinion on the Zelda series and a guess as to how the newest Zelda game will be liked when it's played
>user spergs out because it's not overwhelmingly positive
Okay.

Nice blog update

>2. Wind Waker

Stopped reading

Nice shitpost.

>no u
sad

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Link to the Past
3. Link Between Worlds
4. Zelda 1
5. Zelda 2

>still shitposting

1. Breath of the wild
2. Majora's Mask
3. Ocarina of time.
4. Link to the Past.
5. Twilight Princess

1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time Master Quest
3. Ocarina of Time
4. A link to the past
5. A link between worlds
(botw would be 6)

Haven't played Botw yet.

1. A Link to the Past
2. Link's Awakening
3. Zelda 1
4. Zelda 2
5. Ocarina of Time

Windows Waker
Twilight Princess
Majora's Mask
Link's Awakening
Oracle of Ages

1. Legend of Zelda
2. Link to the Past
3. A Link Between Worlds
4. Oracle of Seasons/Ages
5. Link's Awakening

3D zelda is shit, but if I had to rank them:

1. TP
2. BotW
3. MM
4. OoT
5. WW
6. SS

1. Breath of the Wild. Makes every other Zelda game aside from 1 maybe look like a complete joke

2. Majora's Mask. It's system is one that no other game has matched to this day, which is absurd to say. You think someone would have copied this shit already but there is really only one 'Majora's Mask'

3. Twilight Princess. Took Ocarina's formula and perfected it aside from the first hour or so.

4. Ocarina of Time. It sent the franchise in the wrong direction but was still a good game for its time, and certainly rocked the industry.

5. A Link Between World. The game that set the stage for Breath of the Wild. A tad too easy and the "USE THIS ITEM HERE" was a bit annoying but it's the game that started making Nintendo actually THINK about changing the formula, and it's a fun little game to boot.

Wind Waker is a fucking joke. It might have been on the list in a world where Nintendo didn't gut it halfway through development to work on Twilight Princess instead because of the backlash against the artstyle.

>tfw minishbros have abandoned me

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Minish Cap
Wind Waker
Link's Awakening

link to the past
awakening

After this who cares lol

1 - Skyward Sword
2 - Breath of the Wild
3 - Twilight Princess
4 - Majora's Mask
5 - Spirit Tracks

what u doin postin on Sup Forums sujano

OoT
MM
SS
BotW
WW

Breath Of The Wild - Seriously one of the greatest games I have ever played. I don't really play games anymore and still put 120hrs into it, still going.
Phantom Hourglass - I love WW and this adds interesting DS mechanics.
Majora's Mask - The atmosphere and timegating make the game extremely interesting compared to something like Ocarina.
Link to the Past - It was pretty cool but I haven't really gotten into the 2D games much.
Ocarina of Time - It was good, but I did not see the appeal that the whole planet apparently sees with this game.

Zelda 1
Adventure of Link
Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Wind Waker

Anything else is so meh it hurts.

botw>majoras>wind waker>link between worlds>oot>spirit tracks (im incredibly biased towards this game due to nostalgia)> the rest

1.Ocarina of Time
2.A Link to the Past
3.Majora's Mask
4.Link's Awakening
5.Zelda 2
I played BOTW, but I hate modern open world garbage, not sure what you kids see in it.

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Majora's Mask
3. A Link to the Past
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Skyward Sword

3 and 4 are tied for me so the order of those two is not meaningful.

The only way your list could be more reddit is if you went on a diatribe underneath about how much you hated Skyward Sword

>no awakening or seasons
nice b8 nintenbro

>Ocarina of Time

>BotW

>Majoras Mask

>Link to the Past

>Wind Waker

>Link's Awakening

>Skyward Sword

>Toilet Paper Princess

I haven't played the others to completion so I can't rank 'em

This list is objective fact and cannot be disputed. Thread over.

>likes skyward sword
>calls me reddit
LOL

1. Majora's Mask
Still my favorite game of all time. I love timeloops and shapeshifting, and this game has the definitive version of both. It's a masterpiece and I love every aspect of it.

2. Breath of the Wild
The most consistently impressive game I've ever played and possibly the most engrossing. Dozens of hours spent just doing whatever go by in what feel like minutes.

3. Ocarina of Time
Revolutionary but also nearly flawlessly executed to the point where it's easy to take for granted. The most well-rounded Zelda, and probably the one that holds up best to any scrutiny.

4. Link's Awakening
A childhood favorite. One of the more unique Zelda games and one of the best stories.

5. A Link Between Worlds
The only Zelda game I've ever beaten in a single sitting. Something about it is incredibly smooth and fun.

Ocarina of Time is such a good point. I consider BotW my favorite Zelda game and really the best Zelda game next to MM, but it still has some obvious flaws.

Ocarina though is a fucking ride from beginning to end. There is not a moment in that game where I can think back and say "Eh this wasn't too good" or "the game stalled a bit here I think". The closest is Jabu's Belly and even that's serviceable.

LInk To The Past
Ocarina of Time
Breath of the Wild
Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda

I feel as if Nintendo is currently in the same position as they were when OoT was released. I really hope they just build on what they currently have, hell they could even pull a MM and just reuse a majority of the assets from BotW and just make a new story and gimmick for the game to revolve around.

1. Twilight princess
2. Skyward Sword
3. Breath of The Wild
4. Wind Waker
5. Majora's Mask

It's the measuring stick used to judge every other Zelda game.

1. Majora
2. Ocarina
3. Twilight
4. Awakening
5. LttP

1. Ocarina of Time
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Breath of the Wild
4. Wind Waker
5. Link's Awakening (First Legend of Zelda game I played. Nostalgia.)

Picked up BOTW on Sat, finished it on Sunday. The only thing I looked up was what the poopseeds were for and if I was supposed to mash the L button to calm the horses or just hold it. Still not sure about that actually. Wasted a lot of stamina food on the only horse I bothered taming (some big black stallion in the desert south of the starting area that ate up more time than anything else I did in the game because I didn't have a lot of stamina food.)

Skyward Sword annoys me the most out of the series, I have never been more irritated by tutorials and cutscenes in a game. Fi can go to hell.

I will probably replay WW, OOT, BOTW, TW and the original Legend of Zelda in the next three years at least once, or just OOT a hundred times over. I love doing speedruns and using the glitches/general fuckery in OOT.

[Lets not do a shitposting argument please]: I have to ask, why would anybody like The Adventure of Link? Just play Castlevania 1 or 3 instead. Or the Ninja Gaiden trilogy.

I agree that Jabu is the worst bit, it is more fun if you glitch. I also dislike elements of the Water Temple other than Morpha and Shadow Link.

>I feel as if Nintendo is currently in the same position as they were when OoT was released.
I disagree, but I do hope Nintendo can keep afloat and get some good independent developers. The Switch is at least slightly less terrible than the WiiU is. I only really play Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful101 on it now that none of my friends play online.

>...hell they could even pull a MM and just reuse a majority of the assets from BotW...
I don't think that'd be good myself, but maybe the DLC will fix up a couple of the lame areas. I also hope for a patch, otherwise my hopes are on the WiiU emulator for the best BOTW experience.

>why would anybody like The Adventure of Link? Just play Castlevania 1 or 3 instead. Or the Ninja Gaiden trilogy.
Of all the comparisons you make you go with those? Really? Faxanadu is a much more appropriate comparison.

Adventure of Link is neat primarily because of how fun the combat is. It requires precision and can be pretty demanding without being tedious or overbearing. Exploring is often pretty fun too, despite the game's occasional esoteric moments. The leveling system also makes for interesting strategy in how and what you prioritize. It's not a perfect game, but it's a good one and in some ways I think it's a shame Nintendo never revisited its style directly.

1. LttP
2. Wind Waker
3. Majora's Mask
4. BotW
5. OoT

I'll be honest, while the game is good, it actually doesn't feel like a Zelda game to me that much. I know people were shitposting that it's not a Zelda game, but I almost agree. I hate not being able to break pots/cut grass without being worried it'll waste durability, I don't like how we've moved (mostly) from collecting rupees from enemies and chest to farming ore or bowling, and the game seems to be lacking the Triforce or the three pendants. I have only beaten 2 dungeons, so I could be wrong on that last one.

I'd swap botw with OOT and LBW with oracle of seasons and that's my list.

Fuck it I'll just write it out

1. Majoras mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Breath of the wild
4. Wind Waker
5. Oracle of seasons

1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. Zelda 2
4. Original
5. Majora's Mask

Starting to play BotW, I can't really say anything about it yet.

1.Majora's Mask
2.Breath of the Wild
3.Oracle of Ages
4.Link to the Past
5.Ocarina of Time

>Twilight Princess because it created Midna, but I don't actually like it.
Same

1. Minish Cap

Don't really care for the rest

BotW > OoT = MM > WW > ALTTP > ALBW

>It's system is one that no other game has matched to this day, which is absurd to say. You think someone would have copied this shit already but there is really only one 'Majora's Mask'
Its system was so great too. I spent countless hours following NPCs around and watching/being a part of their lives. Last playthrough I did most of the sidequests on the last cycle and it felt like a good kind of closure.

Link's Awakening
Majora's Mask
Breath of the Wild
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time

Anyone with Wind Waker or Skyward Sword in their top 5 are probably okay people but I don't agree with them.

1. Link to the Past
2. Breath of the Wild
3. Link's Awakening
4. Ocarina of Time
5. Link Between Worlds

I found and still find the combat and other systems clunky, none of the changes really made it work for me.

Never played Faxanadu, but I'd rather play Legacy of the Wizard than LOZ:II. It just wasn't interesting to explore for me, and the core elements aren't nearly as tight as the original game in my opinion. The perspective change was alright, but do you think I'm being unfair if I say it is like I was playing the unrefined elements of a bunch of other games whenever I start it up?

Admittedly I haven't done a full playthrough of LOZ:II in about 7 years or so, but I can't think of anything that makes me want to play it besides it being part of a franchise I like a lot.

I want to ask you too, what about The Adventure of Link puts it in your top 5? Context appreciated.

>Faxanadu, but I'd rather play Legacy of the Wizard
Legacy of the Wizard is the shit man. I loved that game as a kid, super hard to figure out where to go though.

I hated the combat of LOZ 2, maybe I should spend more time getting to know it better

>if I say it is like I was playing the unrefined elements of a bunch of other games whenever I start it up?
Maybe. I think the combat is genuinely satisfying in a way few games of any kind manage with precision and feedback. It can be a bitch sure, but that's what gives the exploration and dungeons their tension. You have to be smart with your leveling and magic use. Spells are vital.

AlttP
BotW
MM
OoT
Minish Cap

After sitting back and thinking about it, I think BotW biggest flaw IMO, is the side quest. All too often they give only 100 Rupees and it doesn't often serve any world building purposes. The more involved one like Tarrey Town was great, but still felt no where near as touching as Anju and Kafei. That being said, BotW does so many things right...it just needed to get me to care about characters other than Zelda, Hudson and Sidon which it didn't do. Hopefully side quest are fixed in a future installment using this engine.

in general most of the non shrine related content is kinda weak even if the base of the game is really good I think it has a lot of room for improvement here and there

I mean, I suppose that's a consequence of making a huge world. But I still feel, given this is Zelda...they didn't really need to follow the norms of other open world games. "Hey go get me 10 mushrooms!" "Cool here's 100 rupees!"

Like, why would I do that when I can go on a mining run and make tripe that in the same amount of time. Don't get me wrong some side quest were fun, and the ones tied to shrines were cool.

In general, at least for me, the game started off extremely strong but started to lose steam after about 90 shrines. I think they could have added one more dungeon and cut down the number of shrines by 15 or so.

Still 9.5/10 game tho, easily.

Nice. I like this one.

You know, I like Majora's Mask, but I like specifically more in the context of Ocarina of Time, actually more than I like actually playing it if that makes any sense. The characters are great, the dungeons are good, but I just don't get into playing through it again and again like I do with Ocarina of Time. Maybe I've just played Ocarina of Time too much and the slight differences put me off. I always get a feeling of it being like a bizarro world version of Ocarina of Time instead of a sequel.

Replying to myself, I just wanted to add that I can appreciate that some other elements were added to what we now can kinda call the 'Zelda Formula,' but I don't think they were played off really well.

Thanks for replying, I guess I'll have to give it another go when I have more time off from work. You don't like Castlevania 3? I love that games combat, and the character variety it has.

I agree, I think I liked the golden poop seed thing more than some of more purposeless sidequests. They might be filler, but at least they're literally golden shit and direct as fuck about it, some of lamer quests in BotW fall into the terrible triforce of Open-World/MMO quest design:

1. Not telling a story/skill.
2. Grind for for grinds sake.
3. Not signalling their purpose properly.

The third one needs a bit of defining and feels like a bit of a subcategory of #2. I'll say that I don't think you have to have grind in an open world/MMO, but if you're going to do it, make it like the goldenshitseeds, something that signals to the player that they don't have to do or worry about it because it'll change some big thing in the story. Don't give the player gameplay red-herrings. Storytelling red herrings can be fun. Gameplay red herrings are complete bullshit.

Interested to hear if you think the golden poop seed thing was a poorly done sidequest in of itself, or succesfully modified by the way it 'signaled its purpose' as I poorly defined it.

How well will BotW hold up on later playthroughs?

For those that plan on playing the game again, do you plan on doing all shrines again, or will you just do half or so (or just enough for the Master Sword) and beat the game?

I don't think is simply problems of being a open world game, tha lack of classic item/tools and the breackable weapon system are probably the cause of most of the game's weaknesses, that and that I think they didn't put much effort in the main content.

>bizarro world version of Ocarina of Time
That's one of the things I like about it. Just doesn't suit your taste as it does mine.

Watch out because here come my hot, sweaty opinions.

1. ALTTP
2. BOTW
3. TP
4. Link's Awakening
5. OOT

1. LttP
2. BotW
3. OoT
4. LoZ
5. WW

I chopped a paragraph of text out to squeeze under the character limit, now I see my spelling and grammatical errors.

1. Wind Waker
2. Link's Awakening
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Twilight Princess
5. Oracle Seasons/Ages

I still need to play Link Between Worlds, and finish Link to the Past. I agree that Breath of the Wild was really engrossing but it certainly didnt appeal to what made Zelda games unique. I enjoyed the constraint that the older games had. I loved getting a new piece of equipment in every dungeon. I guess all the lore is built up by the time we get to BotW, and so i felt it was lacking in subtle backstory discovery - though dont get me wrong i enjoyed what the main storyline added to the series. The first video game I ever played was Link's Awakening (before DX even) so I grew up with the linear games. The open world is nice, but it doesn't feel quite Zelda enough for me. Its a very original game, and i think thats what makes it so great to everybody. but for someone hunting for another rehashing (I guess Ill never grow up) it kind of fell short

Personally, BotW is really hard to place for me. For one it reminded me why I fell in love with the series, after TP and SS disappointed me. It also gave me a sense of exploration and freedom I've never really felt in game before. In that sense, it's better than any of the Zelda games I've played. I also am in the minority in that I enjoyed 4 out of 5 dungeons in this game.

On the other hand, after doing so many shrines, it was very apparent that some shrines were incredibly lazy and with not much thought into solving it, and some of the fetch quest side quest were incredibly generic mundane fetch quest.

So, fuck it's hard to place.

I haven't played many, but here goes:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. Wind Waker
4. original game
5. Twilight Princess

I heard good things about A Link Between Worlds. Is it worth $40?

Nice blogpost faggot

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Majora's Mask
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Link to the Past
5. Links Awakening

1. OoT
2. MM
3. BotW
4. OoA
5. LA DX

1.OOT
2.BotW
3.Link to the past
4.oracle of ages/seasons
5. wind waker
was really quite pleasantly surprised by botw, ive put many hours in and still only done one of the divine beasts

I was tempted to put Minish Cap in my list, but Links Awakening has a better story, setting and overall adventure. Minish Cap definitely has the better gameplay, graphics and even artstyle.

>including 2d with 3d
fucking retards

3d tier list:

Okami
Dark Souls
Majora's Mask
Darksiders
Twilight Princess

2d tier list:

aLTTP
HLD (it's basically just aLTTP sci-fi edition)
Link's Awakening
Crusader of Centy
Anodyne

Honorable mention to BoI (it's literally roguelike zelda 1 dungeons) and Solarus and Ittle Dew and all the otherdecent 2d zelda clones out there.

but that's the list.

breath of wild is on my far cry tier list though:

2 (overlooked masterpiece) > Crysis > 1 > Blood Dragon > BotW > 3 >4

actual zelda tiers:

S Tier:
>BotW
>MM
>OOT
>ALTTP

A Tier:
>TP
>LA
>Oracle of Ages
>Oracle of Seasons
>Legend of Zelda

B Tier:
>Wind Waker
>Minish Cap

C Tier:
>Skyward Sword
>Adventure of Link
>Spirit Tracks

D Tier:
>Phantom Hourglass

F Tier:
>Wand of Gamelon
>Faces of Evil
>Zelda's Adventure

Doesn't Qualify For This List Tier (not ordered)
>Four Swords
>Triforce Heroes
>Link's Crossbow Training
>Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
>Irozuki Tincle no Koi no Balloon Trip
>Hyrule Warriors

Remakes don't count.

>1. Breath of the Wild
>2. Wind Waker
>3. Oracle of Seasons/Ages
>4. Link to the Past
>5. Adventure of Link

1.Alundra
2.Ocarina Of Time/master quest
3.Link to the past
4.Majoras Mask
5.Okami
6.Wind Waker

Here's the image I made for a Zelda ranking thread last week

I would put ALTTP in place of Minish Cap and bump TP up a tier.

Not bad though. I hear Spirit Tracks is better than this image suggests but I haven't played it.

1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Minish Cap
5. Link to the Past

I've actually been going through it since some user convinced me to try it again and I've been having a good time with it. The main dungeon is still bad but less offensive than Phantom Hourglass and the other dungeons and world is pretty good.

>literally the same list

>Minish Cap
L M F A O

Cubebabbies are so pathetic.