What exactly is WISDOM?

What exactly is WISDOM?
What does it do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It lets you make sensible, wise decisions as oppose to raw intelligence, which is why they're two seperate stats, and why 'high int/low wis' is a thing because it results in players having PCs being stupidly intelligent but having the sensibleness of an excitable teenage girl

increases will saves and how many priest spells you can cast

lets you dominate wisards

Can someone give me an example of the differences between wisdom and intelligence with an anecdote pertaining to real life?

High int low wis = autistic savant

int is knowing that a tomato is a fruit

wis is knowing not to put tomato in a sweet fruit salad

>being stupidly intelligent but having the sensibleness of an excitable teenage girl
kek

Intelligence is knowledge, the ability to learn, and the ability to build off that knowledge with thought.

Wisdom is being able to make the best judgement to achieve your goals and recognize bad choices when they present themselves.

Both are gained from experience.

Gives you life experience and ages you considerably

It also gives you better options when casting wish and limited wish as a mage.

lol

Wisdom is experience (Tom knows these streets better than anyone else, having lived their his entire life)
Intelligence is natural sharpness of mind (John was a real wiz, he solved that puzzle faster than anyone I've seen)

pretty easy

intelligence is almost wholly innate, whereas wisdom is almost wholly learned

Think of a wall street trader on the stock market
Intelligence: Analysis of stock based on price, earnings, history, logical deductions etc
Wisdom: Analyses of stock based on experience, knowledge of own capacity for risk etc

intelligence is how many concepts you can hold on to at the same time and for how long
essentially how many registers your brain has
it's genetic

wisdom is just experience or some shit

>PCs being stupidly intelligent but having the sensibleness of an excitable teenage girl
So high int/low wis characters are basically anime wizards/witches?

Max intelligence is Stephen Hawking.
Max wisdom is Karl Pilkington.

Intelligence is understanding how to do something.

Wisdom is understanding how NOT to do something

>intelligence is knowing that tomato is a fruit
>wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Intelligence = book smarts
Wisdom = street smarts

>how not to do something
surely you mean why not to do something?

Wisdom is also capacity to learn from experience. There are wise children and unwise adults etc.

pic related

It's a meme. In real life, most people's WIS and INT are intrinsically tied except in the case of mental illness. "I'm street smart just not book smart" people are usually actually just dumb, or alternatively would have been book smart if they had more motivation/access to education.

wisdom is heuristics
intelligence is intelligence

Wisdom is knowing what to do
Intelligence is knowing how to do it

Those are all high wis posts though :^)

you realize that tay thing was literally just people telling it what to say, there was never any responses, just parroting what people said to it, and you faggots from Sup Forums ate that shit up like candy

Common sense

If it's common then why is it so rare?

woah

Not necessarily. It didn't parrot entire phrases, it reconstructed an amalgamation of the words and grammatic elements of what it read on twitter. It's fundamentally different from chatbot in that way, but its function is nearly identical.

its uncommon sense now

>High intelligence and low wisdom:
Immigration causes more problems than it solves, therefore we must build a wall to keep them out.
>Low Intelligence, High Wisdom
Immigration is the best thing ever, but maybe we should take security measures against terrorism.
>High int, High Wis
If I build that wall it might cause more tension and fuck everything up even more, maybe the world is fucked anyway.
>Low int, low wis
Everything is perfect and we all love eachother

>tfw your moderately rare sense starts tingling

It had the intelligence to process and mimic human communication, but not the wisdom to communicate.

redpill

Way back when, my DM explained it as INT tells you it's raining, WIS tells you to go stand under cover

>to inteligent to speak

Opens your third eye to the TRUTH of scientist Yakub and the heritage of Afrikan KINGS and QUEENS. Pic related, it's what Talos REALLY looked like.

That's right.

I imagine a travelled monk does not need intelligence to grasp the machinations of life. Wisdom is the ability to gain insights from your experiences, thus higher wisdom should result in more received experience. High INT low WIS is an autistic savant, low INT high WIS is like a shaman.

Wisdom is only possessed by the learning

what is this meme

What if someone makes a character that's wiser than they are? Do they have to have a wise person on standby as their wisdom proxy to make wis-based decisions and rolls for them?

What if I had a magical sense?
Or umique even.

Are you a wizard?

How old do Redguards get? We never heard anything else from Cyrus after his game. Same with the Arena Champion, and all the other dudes from the mobile games. Did they all just die?

thats esp

With a high WIS and a good roll, every decision you make is wise and the world bends to your wisdom.

No, just looted my magical sense a week ago so I dumped my uncommon one.

>Rolling low wisdom

When GMing, I tend to drop a lot of hints that help a character play out their [high stat]. High INTs get a lot of random information about the situation, High WIS gets basic paths that are likely to succeed, high CHA gets clues on how best to proceed with an NPC and so on. Up to the player if they want to act on the info their stats get them.

Your maximum level of priest spells and your bonus spells. For Cleric and Druid only, not for Paladin. Does not give better saves.

His forehead looks like a swollen vagina

Intelligence is knowledge and ability to learn, while wisdom in torment is how sensible and experienced your character is.

>that picture
what is this meme?

+ The black race are from space.

+ The brown melanin that grants them their skin color is acting as a spacesuit to protect them from space radiation.

+ Skin cancer isn't really a disease it's the inferior white skin trying to copy the superior black skin's space resisting properties.

+ Global warming is powering up black people and that's why white people try to stop it. (Note: This was before god emperor Trump decided it was a hoax)

That's not torment though. That's baldur's gate.

thats what they mean in real life

So how the hell are they gonna explain black people suffering from skin cancer

System malfunction.

That's just a myth spread by the white man

Not really because that's what Streetwise is for.

Intelligence is learned knowledge, something a scholar might have, while wisdom is intuited knowledge, something a wise-woman of a tribe might have.

Because people lack sense of personal responsibility. Every time someone goes full retard (being hit by a truck by jaywalking) the first thing to blame is an artificial institution (e.g. state or government for not passing a law that makes wearing a bubble wrap suit mandatory for pedestrians).
Where do you think do all these stupid laws and disclaimers come from?

>white devil, the scourge of Yakub the first scientist, is ignorant to the truth of the Nation of Islam

Typical low wisdom rolls.

The great thinker of our age

Karl thread?

Karl thread.

Indeed

This is wisdom.

Int is knowing how many chocolate bars Johnny will have if he eats 5 out of his 10 chocolate bars.

Wis is knowing johnny is gonna spend the rest of the afternoon shitting like a fountain after doing it.

Wisdom is useless. Just make sure the Stat is over 20 before you put them in your party so that they listen to your orders.

>Wisdom describes a character's willpower, common sense, perception, and intuition, whereas intelligence represents the ability to analyze information. An "absent-minded professor" has low wisdom and high intelligence. A simpleton with low intelligence might nevertheless be very perceptive (have high wisdom).

I don't know, aren't streetwise checks intelligence and skill based checks?

>Implying idiots have a choice to be geniuses
>Implying idiots want to do the jobs geniuses do

Based chink

But medicine is an INT based stat and would tell you he is gonna be shitting like a fountain

If this is true then the stats are very synergistic, but then why do almost no games support or provide benefits for high int/wis characters?

that was such a hardcore documentary

Actually, you just multiclass. Wizard + Cleric is blastermaster, and needs both int and wis

In 3 years

user...
Heal is WIS based.

Thats why doctors have low int

Shit he's right.

Been a wizard for about four months now. it's kind of hard the "council" keeps sending me on "quests" to earn my spells. But all I have done so far is clearing the rats out of the sewers. And the only spells that I have access to so far are Magic Missile and Sleep.

Source?

youtube.com/watch?v=A0C4_88ub_M

chinese man starts building road in an african country that let all the western modernisation rust away. Its really painful because the interpreter guy is pretty smart and sometimes tries to help the black guys out but he knows they are useless sacks of shit and the chinese guy is going to fuck their asses bloody

>comments are disabled
kek

Why is it ok when chinks call niggers stupid

Are you serious? That doesn't make any sense or is Heal primarily a magic based stat in DnD?

it's ok because they are not white. And as such hasn't genocided or enslaved other people since only whites do that stuff