Drakengard 3

Is this worth buying?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fDo_k69bdxw
youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eeeh

It's really not that great. I'd even say it's worth playing less than original Drakengard. It's fun and silly, but it runs like ass and has a budget of 70s B movie.

Is it interesting to watch only cinematics/cutscene ?

But the girl looks cute.

if you like games running at 5fps

Not even worth a pirate.

If you like Drakengard 1/Nier or are interested in the series then yes
Don't go in expecting it to be like D1 or Nier in terms of tone though

There are some good moments in it, just don't expect Drakengard/NieR experience from it. I think the best parts of DOD3 is when it's trying to be funny, and it can be. Just don't expect anything too high brow.

It's very entertaining, even though the gameplay is not particularly great (boss fights are kinda hype though). Like some other anons have said, it's cheesy in some ways and is legitimately funny at times. Soundtrack is also 9/10 easily. I'd consider it worth a playthrough.

The gameplay is pretty fun even if a couple acts have a framerate problem. If you like things that incorporate multiple media or have the capacity to see ideas under the surface level of plot in games you'll like it. That's not to say the story is bad though.

No

I loved this game, but I can't really recommend it to anyone.

It's unironically the worst game in the series.

2 doesn't count.

I don't think that works well at all for for Drakengard or Nier games because so much of the experience is via things you can only get the context of through playing.

I mean the people making these things are approaching it from a "what does society allow/disallow in a game and can I break that" kind of perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDo_k69bdxw

youtube.com/watch?v=OO_d3fwTNPo

It's a weird game, even by Taro standards. Prequel to Drakengard 1, though you wouldn't know without your having played it.

Story is all over the place. It expands on lore, tries to be sad, has sex jokes everywhere - it may seem a bit too much.

It would be the greatest Taro-only game had it not been for the abyssmal performance issues. The game rarely reaches 30fps for long, most of the time it is somewhere around 20-25fps. And it takes dips where it goes to 5fps. Also, it has a bunch of DLC you'll have to pay for since there is no "definitive" edition you can buy. The DLC is really good and expands upon the lore and story, which makes it a shame it is DLC in the first place.

Nah
Taro's games are meant to be played, he tries hard to make them to be so, though he failed it here and there

Yeah I feel like the DLC is mandatory for the game.

It's not that bad, it's just the framerate is terrible but otherwise it's a mediocre action game. The games really cheap and as long as you don't play it in long sessions you should be fine

it is one giant piece of shit, story all over place across different media, no endings are canon, overpriced DLCs that should be in the game out of the ass, shittiest performance on the PS3, unlikeable characters and late-PS2 tier graphics

it's my favourite out of the four

stop playing this shit series user

let nier die

I agree
I think anyone who likes Drakengard3 is supposed to also hate it just as much.

Its really curious how much accidents mean to Taro's games.

By not canon you mean they don't tie to other games? Because Ending C sure as hell does.

how? I can see how A leads into DoD1 (it doesn't) but not others

Does it still have dragon ridan?
that was the only remotely enjoyable part of the 1st game gameplay wise

Without a dragon to kill her Zero becomes the Grotesquerie Queen. Accord tries to seal off the branch, but the Queen is timeline/dimension hopper.

I mean just imagine what would happen in Ending E without Mikail.

Why does she have a flower for an eye? Looking at it makes me feel uncomfortable. Like it's a fucking disease or parasite.

Cute girl ruined

makes sense

apparently there's an E ending in a book that combines elements of all four endings, which then leads into DoD1

bro One kills Zero and Mikhail

>Like it's a fucking disease or parasite.

the flower is the primary antagonist of drakengard 3.

of the whole series

It makes Zero an intoner, makes her nearly immortal to protect itself while it changes her into the Grotesquerie Queen. When she realizes what it is doing and thinks about destorying herself to take it out, it creates the sister intoners. The intoners "song" is them resonating with alternate versions of themselves from different timelines to amplify their (maso) power. That "song" is the same as the Grotesquerie's.

tl'dr
I. Hear. A. Sound.

Flower wants to kill all life. Embedded itself in Zero's eye when she died. Threw a hissy fit when she tried to pull it out so it split Zero's five sisters off from her to contain her powers

I personally liked it more than Drakengard. The combat is better, but you pretty much walk down corridors instead of an open-ish battlefield. Plus the framerate gets god awful at points.

I remember playing and enjoying Drakengard 2 despite the fact that it got critically panned.

It's bad on purpose, if you hate it based on gameplay you're a fucking retard who doesn't understand the genius of Taro.

the gameplay is good though

For your own enjoyment? Probably not.

For the fact that it's (very) slowly going up in price? Perhaps.

Playing it right now, it's pretty good. Major complaint is how they lock certain weapons to certain characters and then remove those characters for like half the game, rendering you unable to use most of your arsenal.

I was interested in the game, and watched it a non-commentary run of it, fast forwarding the gameplay sections until someone said something (since I knew a lot of characterization/jokes/exposition was during gameplay). It worked all right for me. I think I got the gist of it. I felt bad when Mikhail...well, you know, in that one ending. I got the feels in the true ending. I hated Four. All the good stuff.

It doesn't look like a game I'd want to devote time to, though.

Just because it is better than the gameplay of the original doesn't mean it's actually good

I'd go so far as to claim it IS pretty good - the controls are nice and responsive, enemies are varied, combos aren't ass-blastingly hard to pull off and weapons actually feel different enough that sometimes you'll pick something for its moveset over power.