Stuff that annoyed you?

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=DGO9iE6NlNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Stuff that annoyed you?
the rain, goddamn

>How far are you?
Beaten. 2/3 of my time was doing the first 2 divine beasts and shrines/koroks/enemycamps, the rest was me giving less of a shit and going right for the divine beasts and ganon. It really showed how lacking the game is if youre not sidetracked by optional shit.
>How many koroks?
Probably a few. Theyre not nessecary or fun.
>Favourite moment?
All of Gerudo : the Yiga Hideout, Seal Surfing, Fighting Naboris, The dungeon itself. All great.
>Stuff that annoyed you?
Weapon Breaking system is useless because youre given weapons so frequently it might as well not be there. Once you get rid of the sidetracking of going to enemy camps, theres really nothing to prepare for.
Lack of Music in overworld made it really boring. Town themes and Dungeon themes were pretty good though.
The unrewarding nature of Shrines when they really could've just been minidungeons that reward you with a whole Heartcontainer/Stamina vessel isntead of doing 4 seperated though the world. Weapon rewards are useless because theyre yetANOTHERweapon that breaks.
The Rain system, it only hinders and serves no purpose.

How do I track the koroks? I've spent all mine.

I spent 200 hours in the game, did all the main quests and a lot of the sidequests and I'm still finding new locations. Like deja village, is that relevant to anything? It's huge and has a lot of thought put into the design, but all I'm fiding is yahahas.

I really would like them to fill the world with different stuff than ONLY koroks, because at this point the sense of wonder and exploration is gone because I know under every rock there is a fucking korok.

nichegamer.com/reviews/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review/

Opinions?

Finished it a couple hours ago. Pretty disappointed in the ending desu. Brought itdown to an 8/10 for me. To many missed opportunities on Nintendo's part to actually do something interesting with the story or characters.

Wtf is Deja Village?

>contrarian/10
But who gives a shit, it's their way of begging for attention.

People who care about arbitrary review scores are cancer.

I got more than 100 hours out of it and had a blast.
Now that the game is finished, its gotten stale.
But that's because it's finished and there is nothing new or challenging more to do after 150 hours.

>mipha
good shit

What didn't you like about the ending? I thought it was hella fucking epic. Gabon felt threatening for the first time in years.

Some weird ass ruined village with really intricate map design, a huge hollow treestump, a wizrobe and a few goblin camps.
And loads of koroks.
Nothing story or quest relevant there though.
Not even a shrine.
I wonder how many of those obscure locations have secrets that only reveal themselves at certain times of day or weather.
Wouldn't surprise me if there's still more in the game than we know or realize.

As long as it's not more koroks.

Friendly reminder that Kyra doesn't shave her pubes.

The Ganon fight wasn't bad I'm talking about the cinematic ending. Tired of Nintendo just making Zelda some useless bitch to be saved. Collected all those memories and stuff and they built some character into her just for a shitty ending with her basically saying nonsense. Give the hero a kiss or something Jesus christ.

>kill a bunch of enemies in a camp
>break 2 swords and a bow doing so
>waste ~10 arrows to take out their ranged
>chest reward
>5 arrows
>all their weapons are shittier than the ones I was using
>quest reward is some gem I have 100000 of already

I dislike how you're encouraged to avoid all fights.

>finish game
>feel empty inside
>try to go back to roaming the world
>since I already finished most of the content I feel even more depressed and empty inside
>try playing nier
>having a blast but constantly comparing it to botw and how mechanically primitive the world gameplay in nier is outside of combat
Fuck. Even combat is static compared to zelda.
Physics dont matter and enemies dont cut down trees, catch on fire or lightning, accidentally stumble down slopes and lose their weapons or interact with the world in any fun or meaningful way.
I'm loving nier but zelda seriously has ruined open world gaming for me unless someone tries to get on the same level. At this point everything else feels stale and bland and especially static and non interactive.

Dont be an autist and get attached to your dinky 15 attack swords.
You'll be showered with 60+ swords soon enough.
You also know that if you had unbreakable weapons loot would be rendered pointless as you'd always just use the best sword in your posession.

My only serious problem with the game is that fucking treasure chests dont respawn.

youtube.com/watch?v=DGO9iE6NlNg

Guy is a complete and utter retard.

She heavily implied they'd be fucking later. How else would they rebuild hyrule?

>Even combat is static compared to zelda.

Now you´re just baiting

110+ koroks
All dungeons
70 shrines
I want to get most the shrines and really finish exploring. Maybe get some more armor.
I havent done the labyrinths or eventide island.
I genuinely love this game but i can also admit its lacking. Couldve been best zelda game if the dungeons felt more like dungeons. Even with just four dungeons, if they felt more like a traditional zelda dungeons (monsters, keys, larger, more complex) thats all it would have needed. Otherwise, still having a fucking blast and im glad it came out on wii u or i wouldnt be playing.
Favorite moments are when the physics let me do shit other games never let you do. This game shines through best with the multitude of little things it allows you to do.
Side note, i think the music is tied up there with the best music in the series. Fight me.

Which characters do you hope that cosplayers will gravitate towards.

Man, what the fuck happened to Nicher Gamer. They used to be good

Anyone know where to get saddles and such for horses? I only know about the Monster ones.

I think it's more the game makes you choose your battles. I like it.

The horse racing game will get you a fancy one. The royal horse will automatically get a royal set. The traveling girl will set you a rustic hylean set.

I saw like a flooded village in a swamp area, was that it.

Beat the game on a whim yesterday. Went to the castle looking for a memory but I got to the top so easily I decided to finish. Had to beat the Fireblight and couldn't figure out what the hell to do in the second stage just wanted to finish the damn game first and only time I Googled something. Took me forever to figure out thunderblight too.

I liked it. She came to terms with not having power anymore. I was really wishing that she would've been old when she was revealed because she's been fighting ganon for 100 years. I thought that's why her voice acting was weird and didn't fit because she was going to be old. I would've cried.

No, I'm not.
Combat is excellent but static.
Or can you tell me when in Nier combat actually involves the elements, level or has any dynamic effects?
I realize that that's not the goal of Nier and combat is a lot of fun.
But after I'm done with a battle in zelda there's burning grass everywhere, slashed up trees, insects buzzing out of the slashed bushes, monster parts floating in the lake next to me.
The scale of casual enviromental destruction, the Ai trying to use enviromental objects against the player, the fact that elements like wind, rain, lightning and fire also affect your enemies, all that is not present in nier.
It's beautiful and stylish and a lot of fun, but really fucking static.

Or are you so retarded that you think that "static" is an "insult" I randomly thought up to bait people?

No, its another flooded village.
There's a HUGE as fuck hollowed out treestump next to it.
Like deku tree huge.

>How far are you
Finished
>How many Koroks
Less than 100
>Favourite moment
Finding Naydra on accident until finding out it was just used for a fucking Shrine
>Stuff that annoyed you
See below...

>Pros
>>Armor Design
>>Character Design (Calamity Ganon, Riju, Teba)
>>Conceptual Artwork
>>Conceptual Design
>>Cutscene Direction
>>Race Design (Deity Dragons, Rito, Zora)
>>Sound Design
>>Weapon Design

>Cons
>>Atmosphere
>>Character Design (Daruk, Yunobo)
>>Enemy A.I.
>>Gameplay (Combat, Puzzles)
>>Graphics
>>Original Score
>>Performance (Wii U)
>>Race Design (Goron, Hylian)
>>Season Pass/Amiibo/DLC
>>Voice Casting (Daruk, Yunobo, Zelda)
>>Voice Direction/Editing(?)
>>World Design/Architecture (Dungeons, Setpieces, Shrines, Towers, Villages)
>>Writing (Characters, Dialogue, Lore, Story)

cute boys in gerudo outfit

Was just about to say this

>that mipha
moe as fuck

>how far
zora and goron down, working on gerudo. Noteworthy is that I have unlocked the entire map, gotten all the flashbacks (waste of time), and gotten the mastersword.

>Koroks
Under 100, fuck getting all 900

>Favorite moment
So far, all of the history of the zora domain. They tore your heart out with how badly everyone was depressed by Mipha's death. But also because I got to spend a little time with best girl.
>died tragically
>made you a form fitting suit of armor with one of her scales sewn in
Fuck man... Her character is honestly my one complaint about this game is she's already been dead for 100 years and there's no way to resurrect her.

>annoyance
The rain is a pain in the ass, also losing an OP weapon to the durability system sucks.

Mipha, I would kill to see a good mipha cosplay

>Mipha, I would kill to see a good mipha cosplay
Whole costume would probably be a head to toe bodypaint.

>The rain is a pain in the ass, also losing an OP weapon to the durability system sucks.
That's really casual of you user.
You'll get a better weapon in now time. The yiga who constantly ambush you carry 40+ weapons.

And rain is simply a way to force you to think of another route (and something that keeps happening if you leave your switch running 24/7, reboot the switch and rain should be less frequent) and avoid you going to every objective in a straight beeline.

>Nothing personal Yigu

I had a fight against a heavy yiga warrior in a forest.
Most epic thing ever how he sliced through the trees when I dodged him.

>draw thunder to metal blade
>throw it at enemy
>Judgement Bolt
Feels awesome
That's what I'm hoping for
I was cherry picking, I can't find too many problems with this game

Fear the banana

I think I've been there. I think the most you get out of it are fighting different Wizzrobes and chests scattered about.

Not that user but I just wait 120 seconds for the rain to stop. It lasts so short and is bound by invisible walls, so it seems arbitrary. Either make it last a good while, or remove it. All of Hyrule is fucking Miami? I don't think so.

That's the problem. Most mechanics feel arbitrary in this game.

I had one of those guys jump out at me while i was dealing with a guardian. Put him between me and the guardian, and let the Yiga get shot.

>How far are you
50+ hours doing inane shit like upgrades and sidequests, but I only have the Zora done with about 50 shrines complete and two or three towers left. Working on Gerudo now.
>How many koroks
~100, can't imagine getting all 900.
>Favourite moment
Lots of little moments, like figuring out the "crown of bone" shrine or the Heart Lake quest, have made me constantly happy, but I don't have a standout "favorite moment" yet
>Stuff that annoyed me.
Rain is just about the only thing, since weapons breaking doesn't really bother me at all.

I've had a lot of fun so far and I almost constantly get distracted from whatever I was doing to go do something else. I can see how it would get tiring after a long time, but it's 10/10 for me so far.

Though I haven't finished the game yet, I wonder what could the DLC story expansion be that's coming this year?

Brining back Mipha? please

>How far are you?
Beaten the story, still need about 30 shrines.
>How many koroks?
Almost 200. I want to get enough to fully upgrade my inventory but I have no plans to collect them all for the golden shit.
>Favourite moment?
My favorite moments were probably finding new areas and feeling the sense of freedom as you reach the top of a mountain and look out over Hyrule. My favorite quest was the one in the desert where they guy has a crush on trap Link.
>Stuff that annoyed you?
Mostly the rain. Also the fact that there were no Darknuts. They're my favorite Zelda enemy and they would have been perfect for this game and its system of stealing your enemy's weapons.

>That's the problem. Most mechanics feel arbitrary in this game.
What does that even mean?
Comming off from Automata breath of the wild's overworld is almost perfectly finetuned as in how dynamic it is and in how many different situations it puts you where you have to rethink your entire approach.
I think it's great because it turns every trip from one location to another into a whole adventure in itself.
In other open world games I always take the direct route because there is nothing to find or explore.
In zelda straying off from the path is actually rewarding.
So if it rains I'll find another way, there is more than enough wiggle room to overcome the challenges the game throws at you.

>How far are you?
70 hours, 2 beasts (Rito, Zora), about 50 shrines. Just got to Goron City.
>How many koroks?
Around 50.
>Favourite moment?
The pre-Zora dungeon battle.
>Stuff that annoyed you?
Framerate in villages, not being able to pet dogs.

It's a damn good game.

Am I the only person who had no problems with neither rain nor durability?
I feel like everyone else played a completely different game than me.

>The Rain system, it only hinders and serves no purpose.
You're one of those "it's bad unless it makes the game easier"

[autistic screeching]

Jewel is easily the second sexiest Gerudo after Riju.

>not being able to pet dogs
They thought of so many things, but not this. It bothers me so much. At least you can still feed them.

It's fine, loud minorities are loud.

Pls don't bully

It does seem to rain quite a lot which obviously makes climbing annoying.
It's a nitpick but I wouldn't say no to a rain nerf.

The only people who complain about durability are people who have played less than an hour. It's not a problem once you start getting around the world.

I regularly clear enemy camps without breaking a weapon and using less than 10 arrows.

The game isn't a hack and slash and will penalize you for treating it as such.

I'm 3 shrines away, list some obscure shrines or quests.

but you can pet dogs
>put weapon away
>press B
>pet doggo

>It does seem to rain quite a lot
The longer your console runs the game the more frequent rain is.
Either take a break or reboot your console.

>How far are you?
2 divine beasts and 36 shrines
>How many koroks?
>Favourite moment?
korok shenanigans in the lost woods, ninjas going bananas over bananas, girl(male) link
>Stuff that annoyed you?
slow moving ice block attacks are the bane of my existence

K, it's all good.
I like both games t b h.

Is this true
Explains a lot

>still no kung fu link

Every unscripted rainstorm lasts max 3 minutes. How is that fine tuned? Go take a piss or grab a drink and it's done. By the time you check your map for an alternate route to whatever mindnumbing task you're headed towards the rain would be over, if time passes on the Map menu. That isn't challenging, it's just a minor inconvenience, and not even that.

I explored the entire world, running Shrines and Towers, maxing stamina first and not using horses. Suffice it to say there is nothing of interest in Hyrule, and rain is worthless aside from adding atmosphere to a dead world.

If anything I'm asking for it to last longer, and for the clock to move slower. As it stands both rain and passage of time feel pointless.

>Every unscripted rainstorm lasts max 3 minutes.
A real life second is five ingame minutes.
Do the math.

no you cant

Playing too long triggers the random blood moon glitch as well, I'll believe it.

Is that really the formula? That's even worse. Game might have benefited from being like Animal Crossing.

I read that on Sup Forums, at some point I was having almost a real life hour of constant rain, so I saved, exited the game, rebooted the switch and bam no more constant rain.
So I just rebooted the switch after every session from that moment on.
Worked.

Split your weapon inventory into 'shit' and 'good'.
Use shit weapons against shit enemies, replace them with other shit weapons.
Use good weapons against good enemies, replace them with other good weapons.

It's not rocket science, my man.
And git gud at aiming.

>fighting Ganon in green tunic with Hylian shild and Master Sword to give him PTS

at least in my head

There is no formula.
The weather is influenced by a lot of factors, some people had 3 ingame days of almost constant rain, some people had almost only sunshine.
There is a lot of factors nobody knows yet.
Rebooting the console changes those values.
Just like the blood moons.

>Go try it
>It doesn't work
>Feel like an idiot
Fuck you, you got me

Never played the game but you're an idiot if you think time should pass in real time.

my man! I refused to fight Ganon until I had the Wild set. It just wouldn't feel right otherwise

The only places I noticed rain for extended periods of time were near the tropical forests on the southeast, Akkala and the Ridge. Which makes sense, only pissed me off a bit when trying to climb some mountains.

>How far are you?
How do you determine how far along you are in an open world? Ive revealed a third of the map.

>How many koroks?
Pfff I dont even know. I just went to a new zone and got like 12 odd the bat. So probably like 40.

>Favourite moment?
Eventide was cool. Frustrating, since the Hinox instant kills you when he accidentally bumps you with his foot, but a pretty challenging part of the game.

Liked when I had to help free naydra from the taint. Flying around the area on gusts shooting arrows. Not exactly sure why I then had to shoot her to free her from the area?

In the jungle zone and its fucking pouring rain and Im trying to get to the top of a mountain but the rain keeps pushing me down and god damn lightening hitting everywhere. Eventually get to the top and I have to use a metal object to make lightening strike the shrine to reveal it.

>Stuff that annoyed you?
Everybody gets their panties in bundle but the weapon system. Its not hard to adapt to, but feels pointless. Just do tiered weapons.

No, 1 second = 1 minute. The display is in 5-minute intervals though.

is there a way to trigger what horse you get at the last fight?

>Never played the game
>In a thread dedicated to it

Thanks for the comment though.

When killing enemies with fire that really feels cruel.

Never played animal crossing you complete moron. Holy fuck end yourself.

You doing alright?

>My face when I learned how to successfully parry Guardian lasers

THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A GOD

Did it for the first time last night with one of the smaller units in the shrines. It feels awesome to hit those fuckers with their own medicine.

Why do people hate the Gorons so damn much in this game? They're the same shit they've always been, giant rocks with faces. If any race deserves hate it's the Rito. They're collectively the shittiest race with the exception of Kass and Teba, and they also have the worst champion.

I think it's whichever horse you rode last, have taken out, or rode to the castle.

>Its not hard to adapt to, but feels pointless
Ever played a loot based game?
Where you have about a billion swords in your inventory but you're always just using the newest one?
I think that's what nintendo tried to avoid and they just didnt realize people get autistically attached to "rusty sword +15" instead of grabbing whatever weapon you can find and smashing your enemies.

Best moment when _____________________________________________________ Ya ha ha!

What is Mipha's expression conveying?

sadly not, used Epona at last and got another one

*Guitar Riff*

Love and lust.
Mipha best waifu.

'I didn't know how much I wanted this.'

I wasn't, but apologies for it anyway.

I think real time would have worked to add a better atmosphere to the game, making night feel like night instead of day with a filter over it, and the Blood Moon lasting until from 12 to 4-6am.

I don't have a picture that mocks completely unfiltered assholes. I thought the Fatlus comic might make you laugh.

I can't possibly imagine how bad the Zora city has to smell.

First ten hours of this game are 10/10 and then it drops to 8/10 once you get over the little things and realize just how limited the content really is

Still loved every second of it

>korok shenanigans in the lost woods
Koroks are cute as fuck in a non-sexual way.