Sup Forums hates the open world meme

>Sup Forums hates the open world meme
>Sup Forums hates edgy characters
>Sup Forums hates pretentious art segments
>Sup Forums hates difficulty modes that only add more health and damage
>claims this game is a flawless masterpiece

is this the power of anime butts?

yep, so post more.

Tbh yeah. Its fucking pathetic how the weebs on this site will disregard all their "values" just because the Japanese did it.

BRAAAAAAP

How about you play it and realize it's about none of those things

Is that an actual costume in the game?

Shut the fuck up

You didn't play it.

yes

It is literally all of those things.

No one claims it's flawless user. The open world is justified, but it's complicated and at face value it's just a bother.

9S being an edgelord is the worst part of the game, no matter how well it's "justified" and "makes sense"

There are no pretentious art sections

the difficulty modes also change AI patterns and remove player crutches, the bigger issue is how levels work in this game making many things "grind more to pass" due to simply becoming unable to damage enemies unless you're high enough level, but this isn't really a big deal.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

*BRAAAAAAAAAPPPPFFFTTSHs internally* nothing personnel kid

she is an android and thus does not fart

please remove this post

>literal tumblr tier game
>nu/v/ claims its good
>"muh soundtrack"
>"muh gameplay"
>"muh deeply emotional story"
>no mention of 2B's ass which is the reason every nier a fag bought the game
what bothers me most is that those pathetic pretentious manchildren can't even admit they just bought it for the ass

>There are no pretentious art sections
How about the whole "sacrifice your save data to prove youre a good person" bullshit

>getting assmad at some idea of 1 person Sup Forums that you created in your mind

yeah they're nice

What's incorrect about anything listed?

>Nier
>open world

Nier has one of the shittiest, stale, bland, static, non interactive open world's I've played. It's straight up ps2 tier outside of the battles and even how awfully disconnected the fun and modern fighting system is to the stale and archaic open world straight outta N64 makes the game feel really unpolished and clunky.

And yet I'm loving the game.
Played 10 hours straight yesterday.

It is though?

>Sup Forums is one person
When will you fucking norimes learn

You must buy 1 game a year or some shit

it's about as open world as Hyrule Field

Its inferior to even gothic 1.
Nier is basically OPEN WORLD - done wrong.
It's completely shit and static, the open world is so pointless it might not even be there, because it's 100% filler and 0% fun.

The game still manages to be 10/10 tier for some reason.
Makes you wonder how it would have ended up if they had slashed FFXV's bloated budget to give them a bit more time to polish the open world and fill it with actual stuff.

Guess I'm buying it then.

Just because it's a bad open world doesn't mean it's not open world.

>get one shot by new boss attack I never seen
>loose 20min of progress

fuck hard mode

if you aren't grossly overleveled or constantly chomping on large defense consumables, you will be randomly one shot. smdh platinum

>prove you're a good person
What the fuck? Whether you sacrifice your save data or not doesn't change whether you're a good person. I can't imagine what kind of misguided guilt that opinion took to form.

That's neither a "section" or "pretentious art" It's literally a logic trap that basically asks you if you learned anything while playing the game, and if you didn't it'll delete all your save data so you can try again from the start and maybe learn something this time.

It has nothing to do with being a good person because no one will get to that section without getting help offers, even if everyone refuses to delete their saves, you're not helping anyone and this is extremely obvious if you're not retarded. This is about "did you learn that data and memories are the most important thing and everything you worked for is contained in the data you just saved?" and anyone who didn't learn that will be OK with deleting their data.

We really need a comic of 2B and 9S finally being happy together only to have 042 come into frame asking the player if he wants to delete this to save a random faggot who doesn't need this sacrifice to be saved, maybe that'll finally drive the point home.

>Its inferior to even gothic 1.
ftfy, gothic is the fucking model open world games should follow.

This year I bought darkest dungeon, resident evil 7, nier, river city ransom underground and zelda breath of the wild.
And I'm loving all of them so far.

oh sorry i forgot autists always assume a strict literal definition of words and lack the abillity to infer

see

>Fail to communicate
>"Y-you're autists!!"
Wew lad. Have some self awareness.

I know that Sup Forums has the biggest hateboner for breath of the wild because "nintendo bonus wah wah so unfair" but as much as Sup Forums claims to love gothic nobody realized that botw is one of the few open world games who took inspiration and the right clues from gothic as in "go whereever you want" and "you only have 1 goal" and "you can wander into the woods and get killed by a strong as fuck enemy".

I feel like Sup Forums took being contrarian so far that they started believing their own ironic anti nintendo posting.

If any western developer made this game Sup Forums would be shitting all over it.

>Try to find a copy of the first Nier because I want to play it
>Every fucker wants $40+

>"sacrifice your save data to prove youre a good person"

Oh, this I've gotta hear. Please elaborate.

>people masturbate to video games

Truly sad desu

That's an even more retarded reading into it than what the other guy had. Are you forgetting that the player is a fucking human? Whether the save data is deleted or not, memories remain. The game isn't advanced enough to wipe the experience you had out of your actual memory, it just deletes the save data and rewards you with an unique title screen.

Oh and then it displays your message and name to other players who reach that point.

I think the only one who is autistic here is you.

Its not the things on their own that are bad but they way they are implemented in most games.

At the end of the game there's a very very hard bullet hell section, once you lose enough times you receive an offer of help from other players that makes the fight extremely easy, and at the very end you are given the choice to delete your save data in order to help other players like they helped you.

Nier has one of the crappiest open worlds in recent memory.
Open world itself is not bad, but when done like Nier it's super fucking bad.

The game is amazing but it's a bit painful to imagine how amazing it could have been if they had either ditched the open world or made a proper one instead. Its a case of "xenogears disc 2" syndrome where the game is so good that you accept the flaw as a quirk.

Sup Forums is not one person

I like open worlds
The characters are not edgy
There's nothing pretentious about the game
Difficulty modes also make dodging harder and take away pod lock-on.
I don't even sexualize 2B.

You fail utterly.

Basically, at the ending of the game one of the pods who deletes the androids data whenever they die//disobey to reset them to an earlier point refuses to do so, and you need to play through an impossible smup section that you can only win by getting "help" from another player through the internet, this gives you extra projectiles and you can take more hits which allows you to beat the section.

Afterward, when all this is over and you saved the data that the game keeps telling you is the most important thing of all, the game asks you "do you want to save another player?" and if you say yes you get told that doing so will permanently delete all your save data. Now, anyone who paid any attention during the game will immediately hit "no" at this point, while retards overly eager to virtue signal a literal computer game will delete all the data, narratively killing all the characters in the game.

All this accomplishes is the player experiences the same grief 2B has to go through by deleting 9S over and over as they're replaying the game.

> defeat the ancient evil using the power of friendship
Damn...

What happens if you say no?

>ancient evil

My biggest problem is how fucking awful the balancing is. I also dislike the 2.5d segments that only serves to limit the gameplay and make the fights monotonous. The A2 fight could have been amazing in third person.

>The characters are not edgy
what is 9s

You just keep your save data, I said no because I wanted to 100% the game but you can replay the section

>Memories remain
Narrative versus reality you imbecile. Holy shit how deep in denial are you?

>Oh and then it displays your message and name
The message gets sent regardless of you deleting the save, user, all that's missing is allegedly the help offer which isn't even needed because if there is no player data you get saved by Nier and DoD characters which is infinitely cooler, you in fact cucked people out of being saved by shit like Kayne or Zero.

>I also dislike the 2.5d segments that only serves to limit the gameplay and make the fights monotonous.
I liked them in the tutorial section. In the castle especially they were annoying and the game ended up looking like a cheap shitty indie game because the art didnt mesh well with the perspective.
If the entire game had kept the pace and polish of the tutorial it would be almost perfect.

As it is it's a bit rough around the edges.

A guy who lost the girl he loves before he had the chance to express it to her due to a pointless war in the name of a species that has been dead for 10,000 years.

>Implying Square Enix isn't an ancient evil

>B-but he's edgy for a reason!
So he's still edgy you dumb cunt.

No, he's pretty justified in his rage. Maybe you're working from some other definition of edgy that suits your whims, but nothing about the character seems edgy to me.

>It's not edgy if you're justified
Okay, I'm confused, what kind of special snowflake definition of edgy are you operating on?

>tfw ending A&B is fucking worse than Metal Gear Rising
>tfw ending C&D is fucking worse than Bayonetta
>tfw ending E is fucking worse than original Nier

Worst game of 2017.

I wish 2B was wearing pantyhose. And maybe lower boots, dem legs deserve more screen-time than they get.

The world isn't truly open, it's divided in clearly differentiated areas that are locked depending on your progress, sure you can freeroam but it's very small.
There's only one edgy guy, he's edgy only half the game and it's justified by events that happen to him.
"Pretentious" is a buzzword for when you're too stupid to get something, don't use it.
The difficulty is bad that's true.

>the characters are not edgy
But user, it's super edgy. Not just the characters, but the entire game is some of the most pretentious edgy shit i've witnessed in any video game.

Jesus Christ, you need to see a shrink. Your mental stability is completely unhinged over this choice. What the fuck did ending E do to you to cause this?

>9S being an edgelord is the worst part of the game

"Its time for 9s to... LET ERR RIP "

I for one loved him going nuclear

I have a problem Sup Forums. I keep having nightmares about 2b where she tries to kill me. It's making it really difficult to fap to her. I haven't actually bought the game yet, will that help with my nightmares?

>Narrative versus reality you imbecile.
At that point pod 042 is breaking the fourth wall and talking directly to the player, your memories and your existence is acknowledged and form part of the narrative.

Most fun thing about Automata threads is watch Horizonfags meltdowns

The writing and story and characters in Nier: Automata is like some weird mix of Tumblr and Death Note. Just pure trash.

You just don't understand Taro's genius, redditor.

I think you're projecting a bit much user, especially since you can't even respond coherently and instead ramble on about the state of mind of someone who barely wrote a few sentences to you.

Are you so mindbroken by fucking everything up due to failing to understand a simple narrative?

I don't think you know what 'edgy' means

Yes, but this argument is the same as "oh 2B has no reason to be sad because SHE still has her memories of 9S :^)"

Like good lord you missed the point of the story, made a huge mistake and your vapid, desperate justifications are just tragic.

>game starts up
>the first line of dialogue is 2B talking about wanting to kill god
>not edgy

You're the one who is projecting. You actually do sound deranged and mindbroken, because your interpretation of what happens is completely nonsensical.

It's like you're treating yourself as a character in the game, when you're not.

If I were her I'd be salty about the general situation as well

You're making the mistake of trying to discuss the nature of a game with delusional newfags that have never played anything of substance before so when a game like Nier: Automata comes out that doesn't hold the player's hand at all times they get an orgasm and say it's the best shit ever.

Not that guy but 9S is indeed edgy as fuck.

However, there's a clear difference in edgy done right and edgy done wrong.

Just tossing some examples of bad edgy: Shadow the Edgehog, Donte, Kratos

Examples of acceptable edge: Vergil, Big Boss gone nuclear, Berserkguy

It's a matter of good character development and execution. In many cases it's a fine line between a TRAGIC HERO and a character born to be edgy. 9S, along with good edgy characters, had decent character development that really justified him being a little shit at the end of the story. It's well done and doesn't have as much cringe as you'd think.

>N-no you!!
>What you say makes no sense, I have no arguments for my case and can't refute what you said, so I'll just claim it makes no sense!!
Wew lad.

The narrative talks about how data and memories are all that matters, the final fight against the credits is ALL ABOUT saving the data that the pods were supposed to erase, and the moment you succeed, what does retarded lemming user do? HE DELETES IT ALL ANYWAY THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN.

>You're treating yourself as a character in the game
What the fuck are you talking about you mongoloid, are you drunk? Are you utterly incapable of grasping a meta-narrative? Good grief I knew you were dumb from the fact that you deleted your save but this shit takes the cake.

I'm not an ass man though...

Oh boy i see it's time for the contrariani>Yes, but this argument is the same as "oh 2B has no reason to be sad because SHE still has her memories of 9S :^)"
It literally isn't.
Your save data is worthless, whatever you felt during your playthrough still remains, and that's whats important.
The entire point of the game is that bonds and feelings are the most important thing, even machines that only do things out of a desperate intent to emulate mankind can act on them, when you delete your save you're not deleting neither your memories or feelings, because they're something that trascends a machine.
There's probably a ton of readings to this anyway, but the idea that a decision that helps other players finish the game is just a giant trickery and makes you blunder everything is just dumb, especially when it has no real consequence, it doesn't change the real ending, you can say no and go back whenever you want and you won't get anything special.

I can deal with characters being edgy, it's just the silly denial that gets tiring. 9S is a well realized character with a believable arch that has a lot of moments that get to you, from inspecting 2B's crashed flight unit to him creating the memorial, as well as just subtle bits of dialogue, his anger is mirrored by his anguish.

Doesn't change the fact that he's extremely edgy "imma kill everything" about losing what's dear to him, so let's call a duck a duck.

I'm sorry I made you so butthurt. It will heal over time.

Only weebs are worshiping this turd.

The savedata isnt actually the data you try to save since you can answer no and the save data remains.

I think you guys are both having a misconception what is actually happening at the end.

I'm legitimately mad Taro made 2B a throw away character. In fact, almost the entire cast of Automata was a throw away character because everything, absolutely everything needed to be about 9S. Even more anger inducing when I realize that Taro is just making 9S go through A2's character arc.

>both lose someone dear to them
>both become edgelords that are consumed with revenge
>both learned they were always meant to die and Humanity is gone

What the fuck man.

>WHY WONT YOU ADMIT YOU BOUGHT IT FOR 2B'S ASS TO VALIDATE SOCIOPATHY

It's an excellent game. Get over yourself, tumblr.

>Sup Forums hates the open world meme
Nier does it right
>Sup Forums hates edgy characters
Nier does it right
>Sup Forums hates pretentious art segments
Nier does it right
>Sup Forums hates difficulty modes that only add more health and damage
Only legit complaint and most games suffer from this even your precious western AAA trash
>claims this game is a flawless masterpiece
Ah but we don't, it has some things that need improving, try again ass defectfag.

It's almost like 9S is the protagonist of the game.

>A decision that helps others finish the game
This is already blatantly untrue user, your decision changes nothing for other players, all you decide is "do you want to shove your name into someone's face rather than some premade NPC names at the cost of all your data?" and you were so eager to wave your e-dick around that you ignored everything the story was about.

Again, you're completely failing to grasp the simple concepts presented to you and trip over the fact that it involved a meta-narrative. You spend the entire credits answering certain questions, and you decided that those answers didn't mean anything to you, you were just hitting buttons and pressing continue, you played through the game, experienced the characters and their struggles, and in the end that meant nothing to you, just something to cast aside for a moment of smug satisfaction that you were told this helped someone.

Again, thematically the story tells you several times that just because a backup exists, just because data can be copied or w/e it's not the same damn thing, that data you delete is a record of your 9S, 2B and A2 (at least in a narrative sense, not in a literal since, and fuck you for making me spell this out to you, you absolute mongoloid) and while endless players may go through the same process, much like 2B and 9S repeating the same cycle it's just not the same shit.

On a narrative level you royally fucked up, because you failed to understand the story and it's themes, you chose momentary satisfaction and the illusion of being a nice person over your accumulated data. You're an overly emotional imbecile.

>cute robots waving cute flags
>themes of unity and peace are the centerpiece of the very first ending(the one ending most casual players will ever see)
>9S's mirthful curiosity
>happy robot parade
>the entirety of Emil
>2B's affection growing for 9S during the game
>edgy

I'm mostly restricting myself to first ending. But I can tell you haven't played any of the game.

>It isn't actually the data you try to save
It's part of it you clown, holy fuck how dense are you.

Have you not realized that every ending you get that little sped up credits roll is the pods deleting the data up to the last save point and resetting from there? That the data you're saving is everything up from your last save point, which is still part of your main save data? Good lord you kids are retarded.

i think it might be because its more about being hipsters because its a sequel to a cult classic than a weeb thing

oh, you mean
>fresh into the game
>meet friendly robot machines
>the edgelord that accompanies you tells you to slaughter them all without mercy
>they throw confetti at you
>"heavily armed, you should destroy it"
I 100%ed the game, by the way.

>This is already blatantly untrue user
No it isn't, you're helping them finish the game, the premade NPCs are there because otherwise no one would be capable of getting the ending in the first place, why you can't grasp such a simple thing is mind-boggling, really.

>Again, thematically the story tells you [...]
You're right, the game tells you time and time again how even if you backup the memories they're not the same, because the feelings and memories are not something that can be replicated endlessly inside a server, when your delete your save data you're not deleting what's truly important, because that's not something that can be stored inside a machine to begin with.
The point of the game is emerging conscioussness in artificial, algorithmically-driven machines, how, even if through imitation and programming, a machine can develop feelings that are as good as the original.
Even a piece of junk like Pod 042 in the ending gives in to his feelings and overrides his entire programming, even breaking the fourth wall just because he didn't want it to end this way.
Feelings are not something that can be replicated endlessly in a computer, even if you delete your save you're not deleting what's truly important.
>that data you delete is a record of your 9S, 2B and A2 (at least in a narrative sense, not in a literal since, and fuck you for making me spell this out to you, you absolute mongoloid)
Absolutely wrong.

Yea especially at the start 9S is all about "they don't have emotions, don't listen to them! We should just kill them all!!"

He's not actually edgy, they're literally at war and these are their enemies, he also has every reason to believe the things he says from a logical perspective and stops the moment he realizes he's wrong (only to pick it up again during C route)

So no, the first two routes aren't edgy at all, you're just conflating purposeful violence with being edgy. He's edgy in C because he knows full well there's absolutely no point in killing the machines anymore, he just does it anyway because he's anguished about losing 2B.

to continue:
You get asked whether you want to delete the android data on the beginning, when you say no the entire sequence begin.
The entire credit sequence is you fighting against the YorHa algorithm/defense mechanism/hacking/whatever that wants to delete all the androids and forward all the data to the next generations.
When you beat it, you already defeated the deletion program, the data of the androids is save, as you can see in the ending cinematic.
Your save data is not a thing in any narrative inside the game, the point of that is to teach a lesson to the player, nothing more, nothing less.

>he's not edgy, he just acts like it!

That's why I said the entire game is edgy. The edge train just never stops with this one.
>do random sidequest
>80% of them end up in the character asking "deep" philosophical questions before killing themselves for no apparent reason
>eventually the third protagonist gets introduced
>first scene is her killing the machine equivalent of an infant
>"heh, nothing personell kid"

>tfw you just ended up buying all the Trophies at the Camp because you had like 2 million G

I just could not be assed enough to 100% this game, the cast of characters were so unlikable. Gonna get a cheap 360 and play the first game next.