What's the verdict? Is Crash Bandicoot SAVED?

What's the verdict? Is Crash Bandicoot SAVED?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SKtePRKw70o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cash-in remake of the first three games
>saved

Good god, we're gonna ROCK DOWN TO electric avenue.

and we're gonna take it higher

THEY FUCKING FIXED IT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS FOOTAGe?

>"cash in"
>completely built from ground up to be able to play game on modern system
lol, k

Never played these games because I was an N64 kid. They look neat. Will probably pick it up.

If they really adjusted the colors along with some of the soundbytes, I don't mind it. Seems good, along with a good way for others who didn't grow up with it get all three at a decent price if they just have a PS4.
They could pirate still, but that's up to them

Not really ecstatic about the time trial crap being in all 3 games.

I might actually try to go for the colored gems in the trilogy. I never really understood how they worked as a kid and never bothered.

I wish they would add in a new level unlock if you 100% them, though. 100% only allowing you to skip the final boss in 1 was kind of lame.

Now fix the weird music remixes, or just include the original, uncompressed soundtrack, and it's starting to look great

Crash 2 has the best hidden gems. Don't gamefaq that Shit.

I remember getting a few of them. I remember getting the gem on the first level and thinking I was a genius. The one where you don't get any boxes.

>They actually fixed the colors
Fuck now I'm concerned that Activision might be rushing this game and 3 will suffer because of it

I'm not sold on the graphics, it's very bland considering the originals textures were so detailed.

Now post a pic comparing it to the original game

>it's very bland considering the originals textures were so detailed.

That's some mighty fine nostalgia you got there.

Don't give a shit about 3, honestly.

> ditch the good platformers in favour of le meme vehicle game

Get in the fucking helicopter.

It isn't at all. The original textures do have much more detail in them. We are not talking about poly count or texture resolution, but detail

It honestly doesn't look very good, from the gameplay videos. It looks like a project they handed off to some new team members, fresh out of school.

Crash especially looks like shit, You don't have to give him visible fur to show he's covered in fur. A good designer knows this and would have gone with something more traditional.

You don't complain when Ratchet does it.

I know Ratchet does fur better, but you're criticizing the use of fur shading itself specifically for Crash.

Waiting for the inevitable controversy when Crash's new idle animation ends up being LGBT slang.

What will they call it, and where can I see that idle animation?

It hasn't happened yet, but they're holding a contest for a fan to have their idle animation added to the game.

Honestly this is what companies should do. Bring back old franchises with their old best games remade and promote them a bit then start doing the next true sequel instead of throwing out a shitty half sequel/remake of a franchise and expect people who dont know even what it is to buy it *cough* Star Fox U *cough*

Might buy a PS4 for it

Crash was made to be a low-poly character.

He looks fucking unsettling now.

Yes. Also good because it shows they are listening. Wana see the temple stages and see if they have been changed too

Not you again

Like?

No he wasnt. Otherwise his concept art would look low poly too. It didnt. You are making your own narative

Looks great, now do Spyro.

You have Yooka-Layle or whatever the name of that game is and its the same shit. Remaster MediEvil instead

Who is the audience for this? The gameplay was somewhat novel in the 90's but without major updates it's like trying to bring back Pogs.

Nice remaster!

Crash is pure fun platforming without going around collecting stars or fucking whatever most platformers have.

Some of the ancient ruins look too clean/some of the colors look wrong but you know what? For 40€ I'm not even mad.

>its the same shit.
But it's not.
I'd cut my hand off to see a remastered MediEvil though.

>we will never get a Crash Team Racing HD remaster

Which of this two is the "fixed" one?

I would buy a modern console for that game alone

>I'd cut my hand off to see a remastered MediEvil though

But how would you play it?

No. Now do a new Crash platformer

All fucking spinoffs must fucking hang.

people keep saying this kind of shit, but naughty dog prided themselves on how many polygons they were pushing on the screen compared to others

Not OP but the bottom one. The bottom one is closer to the original games. The one on top is from an older build.

NEETs need to be gassed because they let this happen

Did they fix the first one with the shittiest save system ever?

Is 2 better than 1?

3 was the best thou

thats called hardware limitation nostalgiafag

Don't bother, it's not going to be exclusive

Crash 1's save system is like 2 and 3 now.

This new musics fucking garbage and so generic

youtube.com/watch?v=SKtePRKw70o

And forgot to add that 2 in general is a step up over 1. Better save system, Crash controls better, more variety without going overboard, etc.

Ummmmm, guys. What about the plane dogfight levels in 3?

>He looks fucking unsettling now.
>now

Fuck those levels. Fuck them.

FUCK THEM
U
C
K

T
H
E
M

I know, I'm just saying that this could be a big fuck up in the remake.

No, it's ruined.
>shitty color palette, looks washed out and dull
>level changes that don't suit the themes
>missing certain aesthetics now, like platforms over a black abyss now look like platforms over a 20m grey pit, etc.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it probably has janky controls too, it's far too common with these games - but I'm yet to play it so I can't say it truly does.
Just don't be upset when it does have shit controls.

>shitty color palette, looks washed out and dull
But the bottom image shows they've fixed the colours.

Do you have a condition that makes you unable to see still shots?

Only for that level.
We're yet to see it for any of the other levels...

The character was designed around the hardware limitation.

Nice I might try it. Having to do 4 levels in a row to save is stupid.

Again, why wasnt his concwpts filled with "limited" design you fucking idiot

WOAH

It really is. I'm completely satisfied with that colour scheme. Glad the developers cared to listen for feedback.

The original levels were bad. Imagine if they're somehow WORSE.

Contrary to belief all of the secrets in Crash 2 are reasonable, they're definitely something you can figure out without a guide. Crash 3 is where they got lazy. The two secret levels are basically impossible to find without a guide. The colored gems are easy as fuck to get though. Rather than coming up with clever secrets to hide the gems within you simply get them for free when you collect enough time relics.

They've shown off the new colour scheme for Heavy Machinery, N Sanity Beach and the river level in Crash 2. It looks fine.

>Nintendo does remakes
>lol cashing in on nostalgia fucking nintendo always releases the same shit
>Sony does remakes
FUCKING SAVED, 10/10 GOTY SONY DOES IT AGAIN

Why is it always okay when Sony does it?

>sell the same game again

It looks incredible, they just need to tone down the fur, it doesn't look good, it looks like an early gamecube game trying too hard to have "realistic" fur

Because sony isn't handling the remake, naughty dog is.

Not him but Naughty Dog aren't developing this at all. It's Vicarious Visions.

>He looks fucking unsettling now.
he looks hot, user. please post your shit taste elsewhere

This
It's getting and Xbone PC release Kanye, Activision likes money

>crash team racing HD with online multiplayer
I'd probably buy a ps4 just for that

sauce? Unless it's complete and utter ntr not just acknowledging girl has had previous relationships.

Can I get a quick rundown of this fellow, also me to user.

>The Egyptian Gods bend the knee to Red Eyes Flare Metal Dragon

Lmao

When did Nintendo last release a complete remake of a game built from the ground up that everyone didn't praise?

Oh wow, they actually listened.

What the fuck? Where was this? Crash needs something subtle from the alt right in that case. If not, then it's a waste of time, or worse, detrimental to his character. He can't be another Yooka Leftie. Crash must be a righty.

Crash 2 is easily the best in the series. The only drawback is that it's significantly easier than Crash 1. I liked Crash 1's relentless difficulty at times.

Maybe Activision has settled down a bit after the horrible feedback from Infinite Warfare. Also, Vicarious Visions say they have relatively good creative freedom at Activision.

>Crash 2 is easily the best in the series
False

No, he wasn't. Crash was relatively high poly at the time.

What you're trying to say is that Crash had a very pointy silhouette, which is lost in the remake due to the excessive fur rounding out his shape too much.

Is it me or did the games get easier? Crash 1 wrecked my shit but 2 and 3 weren't that tough

Same

> Tweensanity posting

Don't make this thread shit. You know just as well as everyone else that Crash Twinsanity objectively killed Crash Bandicoot. Just a quick glance at the picture you posted shows how terribly they fucked up the two main characters.

With my erect penis of course.

A "boner" if you will

Show us coco goddammit

nah looks good, only problem is the fur

Twinsanity is EASILY the only decent crash game post 3.

They do. Crash 1 was difficult (partly because of the horrific save system and checkpoints not saving boxes). Crash 2 fixed the save and checkpoints, yet still maintained decent level design apart from a few levels here and there. Crash 3 was pumped full of gimmicks and the platforming stages were streamlined to help you when tackling time trials.

Decent yes. I don't know if it was better than the originals, that's for discussion (especially given how dumb the bosses were), but it had one thing going for it.

I absolutety adore the soundtrack of Twinsanity.

That may be true (I would argue CNK is good, and the last Crash game that looked and sounded like a Crash game before the remake), but that doesn't mean it was, by a landslide, the worst influence to the series. Traveller's Tales Oxford claimed to be fans of the series, but they were extremely out of touch with what made Crash Bandicoot great as a character (they completely dismissed his personality as unimportant because he doesn't talk), what made the humor work (practical humor, not cringly dialogue), and the general tone of the game (The original was both funny and moody in the same game, while Twinsanity was a euphoric cringefest from start to finish). Oh, and the horrible music. Worst video game soundtrack beyond Genesis ear rape.

Looks really good. I was sold after the Hang Eight gameplay.

This. I hope remastered Coco is a qt.