Did any of you remember or played this game ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k9Mk-xhfubs?t=25
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, but it was so average I can't recall any specifics.

i did

Couldn't even beat it, so fucking boring, hidden gem my ass.

Same, I played it for a few hours a few years ago, and I honestly don't remember anything about it.

Steam reviews are pretty good for it, most praise the combat. Maybe I should check it out again.

It's a decent game, it's just there is nothing that stands out. The only places are remember are some sand town where you got a house and a library you had to fight in.

Yeah, I played it start to finish. It was kind of fun but utterly forgettable. The entire game felt like a bunch of Night Elf zones in wow.

what is this? a DS game?

Still play it from time to time.

Played the demo, found it unbearable. Any 3D aRPG that doesn't allow jumping can suck my dick.

But even worse, what the fuck is up with the camera even. What do you mean I can't look at the sky. How. What the actual fuck. Is this some kind of a joke? It feels incredibly claustrophobic.

I found this game too easy, with a little bit of cheat engine you can make the combat really enjoyable and you really have to use all the mechanics .

Incredibly bland and dull. It's quite literally a SP MMO; that gets thrown about a lot but Amalur is one of the few games that deserves that insult.

It's everything that I wanted in an RPG. The Celtic mythology was a nice break from almost every RPG making the protagonist become an Abrahamic Messiah. Grant Kirkhope gave the world a nice atmosphere thanks to his music. The gameplay was fast and free form, though admittedly fights were only made difficult by swarming the player with enemies, and with how easy it is to create potions it's almost impossible to die. The AI having group tactics meant that enemies all had different ways to fight groups other than just rushing in. The class system was one of the best I have played with, because it didn't punish the player for wanting to use a particular play style.

It was just fantastic to me. Even the tutorial level manages to get me pumped up. It's a shame the majority say otherwise, but it is what I wanted out of it.

Tried getting into it a few times over the years but it was so boring i couldnt even make it past the first map.
shame cause i really wanted to atleast get to the desert area but i just lost interest every time

Yes, I loved it.

>Even the tutorial level manages to get me pumped up
The tutorial somehow manages to be great, don't know what it is. Probably because it showcases you the primary playstyles but still gives you enough room to just do what you want.

The only thing that sucks is that you walk out of it with skill points invested in skills you aren't interested in.

That's true. The game does suffer a myriad of problems -- forgettable NPCs, a bunch of lore by Salvatore you really don't care about, an awful camera, multiple glitches and unresolved bugs, easy to abuse Persuasion, DLC that gives you gear at level 1 that is automatically redundant before completing the first part of the main quest, and the ability to get over-leveled before leaving the forest to go to the desert or plains. And yet despite all of that it just has a charm for me.

Loved what I played but couldn't beat it.

All i remember about the game were the chakrams, they were pretty fun to play with and that's about it.

One day I'll beat it but every time I try a game ruining bug stops me.

A SWORD?!
THE FI-
A SWORD?!

What is that, Kingdom of Amalur? I thought it was pretty cool but I got bored a few hours in. It just felt like "go here, kill 10 of these, go here, pick this up, go here, kill 5 of these" etc MMORPG quests. Gameplay was solid though.

You'd be walking along and out of nowhere they'd suddenly show a cutscene of a monster bursting out of the ground or roaring at the camera, like an intro cutscene for a new monster but it would be for monsters you'd already fought. It was a really jarring effect.

As a big fan of Platinum and other hack'n'slash I was so fucking annoyed there weren't any inter-weapon combo's.
I wasn't not asking for elaborate combo's for all weapon pairs but just having XXXY have the Y do the finisher of ther other weapon isn't too much to ask.

Boggarts a cute.

The crafting system was also pretty broken. 99% of all epic/legendary drops were worse than crafted gear and weapons with optimized stats.

Pretty mediocre game. The whole game feels like an offline MMO, with thousands upon thousands of the same "go kill 10 bandits and fetch me their bandannas" quest.

Using chakrams as a mage weapon was pretty cool though.

I played it until I unlocked the full overworld.

Then I realized that the next 70 hours was going to be the exact same thing over and over again as the first 4 hours.

Same reason I only did story quests in Witcher 3

After my first playthrough I just stopped crafting potions and gear and relied on what I found instead.

game needed co op so bad

I keep telling myself I'll go back to it.
It's still installed.
I've launched it a few times only to close it the past year.
Never will finish.

I really enjoyed the game but this and the game also really really really needed better difficulty.
The combat was pretty okay-ish and I enjoyed the world after I modified the camera to be pointing straight towards where you were looking at instead of a downward angle so you could see some of the beautiful ceilings and skies. I liked the armor design as well, most of the sets looked really nice.

I want to finish it but it doesn't support xbawks one controllers so that's a no-no.

Forced myself to finish it after 100% the first four or five zones. Completely skipped the last 2 because I was way over-leveled and just want it to be over. The final boss was a wimp and took me one try, 8 minutes. I still kinda want to go back and finish the two zones. I booted it up the other day and just ran around for a bit. I really like the environments, but the quests get so samey after the first zone.

Very repetitive, just like an offline MMO as others have said but damn, those finishing moves... youtu.be/k9Mk-xhfubs?t=25

No pole-arms tho, that sucked, even tho one of the finishers is pole-arm based

Nothing great, near zero replay value, obviously unfinished, but at least it's something different. I played assassin and it wound up being an action beatemup set in a world like dragon age and world of warcraft had a baby with downs.

It was a bland as fuck single player mmo
The world and lore was the most generic, low effort and low imagination shit i've ever seen in fantasy

Show me one game that had visuals like that in DS.
> inb4 it was because of the resolution
Not funny

Enemy design was all over the place, but I like it. I'm playing it right now on Hard, does this change anything at all ?

Even on Hard you don't need much more than the potions that you find on enemie bodies anyway

The REAL last two are just DLC's ?

Hey those elves that made elaborate plays of historical events as part of their culture were pretty cool. Yes I know about W40K Harlequins

boring, repetitive single player MMO for the poor faggot who couldn't afford a WoW subscription

>Give the characters great bodies
>All armor sets cover more skin than a burqa
That's all I remember from the game.

>lord was generic
You didn't even play the game.

Yes i did it and it was just filled with the most generic fantasy trope shit imaginable

I thought the Fae was an interesting concept. Not sure why you need normal elves running about when you already have literal-fairytale elves.

Did the final boss have to be a dragon? Really? Like nothing prior to that says that it's a dragon.

Last continent is sparse with content and obviously unfinished.

Final boss is boring as fuck

Wait were they plays? I thought because they lived forever and their ties to Fate were funky that they repeated these moments forever.

Child of Dust

One thing Amalur doesn't enough credit for is its weapon and armor designs. They're fucking great and a really nice mix of realistic and fantasy.

Yeah, the House of Ballads gives the Fae the opportunity to live their lives over and over not only because of reincarnation, but because they believe that without the stories everything falls to pieces. It's why they're freaking the fuck out when the Maid changes the story in an attempt to win, because they can't predict her next move and they've never had to think ahead.

This game needed transmog.

>Any 3D aRPG that doesn't allow jumping can suck my dick.
Exactly

Adored it beyond limits, would have been nearly a perfect game for me if it would've had less of a shit camera, better difficulty and co-op.

Offline MMO.

I played for about 35 hours waiting for it to click and by the end I just couldn't care anymore.

boring ass offline MMO

I got it at launch unfortunately , it's literally a single player mmorpg.

Gameplay was great but it had some of the worst lore i've ever seen in an RPG.

fuck elves, fuck dar elves and dqarbes/gnomes gimme something original for once at least that could have save it

dwarves* went full retard there

you can't fucking jump in this game, who the fuck thought that was a good idea

Being able to jump would've made no difference.

I couldn't beat it, it felt like an MMO I was meant to play single player.

At first the gigantic world felt really cool because it meant I had to really go on an adventure, but then I realized that it was going to take me like 40 hours of play through empty nothing just to get to the fucking capital city.

No.