What is the best video game of all time, and why is it Ocarina of Time?

What is the best video game of all time, and why is it Ocarina of Time?

It's Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, though.

But Majora's Mask is better.

no actually it's MGSV

Not even the best Zelda. Go back to neogaf.

I mean, the latest iteration is basically ocarina+

It sorely missed a fishing game, though.

Probably the worst 3D Zelda ever actually.

Thats not Super Mario RPG

LBP, my favorite sidescroller at least

Best Zelda: BotW
Best game overall: Dark Souls 1

so much walking

Uh, no?

It's Majora's Mask, then Riven, THEN Ocarina of Time.

There can't be such a thing as "best game", because genres are too different. Even among similar games, it's mostly down to what game connects with a person.

My best game of all time is Breath of Fire 3, but if I owned an N64 as a kid it would probably be OoT.

>Hi, I'm 16 years old

>projecting
Bet you think it's artificial difficulty, huh.

This is my personal GOAT
Although I'd put DKC2, Rayman 2, and Kero Blaster as runner ups

WRONG

Ladies and gentlemen give this user a round of applause! You don't see taste this bad every day, you know.

That's a really funny way of spelling Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

It's World of Warcraft.

No game world has generated more awe and wonder.

Firstly, not it isn't - OBJECTIVELY speaking, according to the reviews and accolades that both games have got.

And here's why. Because Majora's Mask is simply a pale imitation of Ocarina of Time. Yes it has some new gimmicks, like the transformative masks. But that's all they are - gimmicks.

The story is nowhere near as compelling as OoT. The content is not as deep - only four main dungeons compared to OoT's eight. And yes, quantity does not necessarily equal quality, but in the case of OoT, the quality is higher as well.

I guess it's because Majora's Mask doesn't follow the conventions of the Zelda series - it's set in some random place that doesn't feature in any of the other games, and it doesn't even feature Princess Zelda. It's a brave experiment I suppose, but the fact that they haven't fully fleshed out how this world relates to Hyrule, and the fact that they haven't included Termina in any games since, makes MM feel incredibly disjointed, and like it doesn't belong in the series.

So yeah. OoT is bigger and better in every way. It belongs in the Zelda universe. It feels like home. MM just feels like a weird side-project. It's an okay game but I never feel any compulsion to replay it. I think it was a severe mistake of scriptwriting that they never explain how Termina fully relates to Hyrule. That's what makes the game feel so weird, stupid, tacky. It's got enemies that don't exist in the other games.

It's a shame. It's an okay game but it's nowhere near as good as OoT.

Super Metroid is the closest I think a game has come to having no flaws, my only complaints are trivial nitpicks.

I can understand people thinking its not as good as other games but I can't fathom how anyone could flat out hate the game, unless they just don't like the genre.

great taste

really, don't let the army of plebs convince you otherwise

MGS2
the older it gets, the more realistic the Patriots become
Solidus = Trump, except Trump is seeing more success

Is this copy pasta?

>And here's why. Because Majora's Mask is simply a pale imitation of Ocarina of Time
no it isn't

>The story is nowhere near as compelling as OoT. The content is not as deep
lol

>So yeah. OoT is bigger and better in every way.
bigger yes, better no

>The content is not as deep

Majora's Mask is objectively worse

You are the sort of people who would say that eating shit is better than eating a burger, just because you like to be contrarian

MM is objectively a worse game. It doesn't even belong in the series. OoT is fucking perfection. The best video game of all time. All the reviews say it - why? Because OoT is better, that's why.

>reviews don't mean something is better!

Yes they do because art is judged by its reception. If a piece of art is considered better then it objectively is. The beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say - the objective measure of how good a piece of art is is simply the sum of all the subjective reactions to it.

Sorry that you're wrong!

You have fantastic taste, but you're wrong. The best game of all time is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

>Majora's Mask is objectively worse

no..

That's not how you spell Ring Of Red.

MM and OoT aren't even in the top 30 best games ever

It has the best boss battle of all time
Thats about it

Morrowind.
But it's also Ocarina of Time because it's the third best Zelda game which is high enough praise to be considered the best video game of all time.

It's Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash 3 is better due to better music and boss battles

Nice argument boy :^)

MM hasn't aged nearly as well as OOT for some reason

No

>no it isn't
Yes, yes it is. They took the game mechanics of OoT and thought "how can we make this different? I know, we'll transport it to a new setting, change a few things, and call it a day."

It doesn't logically follow from OoT at all. And it doesn't feel connected to it - at least not enough.

Compare this to Wind Waker, which is seemingly set in another world, but then beautifully marries up with the world that we all know and love. THAT'S a great game. It's still not as good as OoT, but it's a damn sight better than MM, because it actually makes sense within the universe - it connects to the world that we know and love, and in a really substantial way. MM doesn't, which is why it isn't as good.

>bigger yes, better no
It's better. Objectively so, because it has been rated better. It is an objective fact that OoT is a better game.

JEJ.

It isn't. MM has only four main dungeons, OoT has eight (or even NINE if you count Ganon's castle as well). That's not even including the Ice Cavern and Gerudo Palace.

MM is a weaker and more gimmicky version of OoT, and it doesn't even make sense as a Zelda game because it doesn't have the characters that make Zelda Zelda.

Resident evil 4 is best video game of all time

Not an argument.

Which two are better than OoT then in your opinion?

This.

you have no argument, buddy. You're reaching so far, it's like you've played neither game. Imagine being that autistic.

>but the fact that they haven't fully fleshed out how this world relates to Hyrule, and the fact that they haven't included Termina in any games since, makes MM feel incredibly disjointed, and like it doesn't belong in the series.

You are such a fucking pleb it hurts.

Not an argument.

Not an argument.

Try arguing.

Not an argument. Still no proof you've played OoT or MM and your knowledge of both seems toddler-tier.

Yeah I provided my argument here: And here: And here: So feel free to respond!

Termina's """connection""" to the """lore""" of Hyrule has nothing to do with its own merit as a setting, retard. The appeal is that it's a surreal, dreamlike world that's completely alien yet familiar, being filled with people Link already knew is what adds to its offputting nature (and yes I know it was done irl because they were pressed for time and reused assets but they made it work)

I argue with people who have actual insightful criticism, yours is blase and superficial as fuck. I can handle people having different opinions than my own, but you're just a retard and not worth arguing with.

You don't say ANYTHING in those posts though. Your knowledge of Majora's Mask boils down to "4 dungeons, Termina, no Zelda". The rest is shitty buzzwords and non-arguments like "reviews are very objective, guize" and "it's different, so it's bad". You don't provide any fucking semblance of where exactly MM is a "pale copy" of OoT. You haven't played either game. Hang yourself, my dude.

Tried ocarina today for the first time my first game in the series got stuck at the tree finished everything inside came out nothing different i don't do tutorials so i'm done

Kek.
I don't give a shit what you say. I had way much more fun playing MM than OOT. And no, MM wasn't my first zelda, neither was OOT.

So MM is better. Go eat shit.

>Termina's """connection""" to the """lore""" of Hyrule has nothing to do with its own merit as a setting, retard.
Yes it does, because if it makes no sense within the Zelda world (and it doesn't) then it is inherently disappointing.

If it was a standalone game that wasn't a Zelda game then it might be considered better. As a Zelda game, it makes little sense.

>completely alien yet familiar
Except it isn't familiar, apart from the same game mechanics that they have just imported into a different world

>being filled with people Link already knew
And yet with no explanation for how they got there. Because that's how shit MM is.

>they were pressed for time
Story of the game.

>I argue with people who have actual insightful criticism, yours is blase and superficial as fuck
No reasoning given. Therefore, no argument.

You don't have an argument, which is predictable, because your position is indefensible. But at least if you gave a good account for defending your position then I might respect you, but you didn't, so I don't.

Christ you're fucking hilarious because of how stupid you are.

Are you trying to be a new ACFag? Or are you just here to make an ebin screencap for reddit? Either way, get the fuck out. You're not funny, or autistically cringy, you're just a retard.

Best Zelda: SS
Best game overall: NGB

Not an argument

It's a fucking video game. Who cares if it "makes sense within the Zelda world?"
Half the fucking games don't make sense.

And what isn't there to get? He's looking for Navi and finds himself in a strange, parrelel world. That's it. That's all you need to know. Have at it.

>series that only gets good reviews because of paid reviews
fuck off

Oh no, I'm so BTFO, how will I ever recover

>Ocarina of Time
That's not how you spell Wind Waker

>in b4 underage breath of the wild normies

>Best Zelda: BotW
So that was your first zelda game yes?

Sup Forums in a nutshell:

>Eating shit is the best, you fucking pleb!
>Only NORMIES would say that eating shit is bad.
>2017 >not eating your own shit
>What are you, a cuck? Letting society cuck you into not eating your own shit? Hahaha cuck - a TRUE alpha male wouldn't listen to the standards of society! He'd eat his own shit whenever he wanted!
>Most people say that eating shit is bad? Hahaha just because there's a consensus on something doesn't mean it's objectively true, newfag!

If only. ONLY if Cen finished the 4 player, or split screen mod. If only
. ...
And good, varied, atmospheric dungeons.

WW is good, and it's certainly better than Majora's Mask, but it isn't as good as Ocarina (the classic).

not an argument

That fun you're having? Artificial.

Not when Wind Waker exist.

Basically this, yes

I provided more argument for Ocarina of Time than anybody has provided for Majora's Mask.

>user has fun playing game
>"it's not real fun you retard"
fucking kek

Name a flaw

One of the best gaming experiences with each expansion adding even more to the overall package.

OP here, I'm not the guy who said the fun was artificial

If you like MM then great, that's your opinion, you can think that if you want. But the mass consensus is against you.

All you're doing is forcing your taste to fit that of some retard critics who haven't even properly developed critical thinking for video games because the medium is still in its infancy. Stop being a redditor and get your own taste.

thats not devil may cry 3 special edition though

The healing/food mechanic is incredibly tedious.

>the mass consensus is against you.
what is this, the year 2000?

I've always preferred Ocarina of Time but thanks for telling me what I think you fucking dumbass.

What does the year 2000 have to do with anything?

ok, let's think about this for a second. Please ladies and gentlemen, take off your nostalgia goggles for the time being.

A game consists mostly of these things:

story
graphics
sound/music
gameplay
characters
world/setting

OOT has very objectively no great gameplay. It's extremely basic and has been done thousand of times better already.

The story is typically childish for Nintendo, after all, the game was made for kids.

The characters are, well, a little boy that looks just like Peter Pan, a pretty princess and a ogre like evil dude.

The world is more than just basic, it was one of the early 3D games so they couldn't make any memorable setting unlike the old 2D games and the later 3D ones.

Music is pretty much an opinion entirely, so I won't comment on that.

Graphics obviously butt-ugly but I won't count it against the game because graphics are pretty much the least important thing.

OOT is an average action-adventure with no deep story, nor characters nor anything that would make it even remotely close to "the best game ever".

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is the greatest game of all time.

Either that or pre-2007 Runescape :^)

>implying your crude subjective analysis compares to the opinions of millions of game players and thousands of critics and reviewers

Lol

Nobody engaged with my argument so i see no reason why i should engage with yours

That's not MGS

story is lame af

If most people say niggers are good and islam is a religion of peace, you automatically agree with them or it's true because they are more than the counter part?