God tier franchises

ITT God tier franchises that never had a bad game.

Ill start

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VCuaQX7IfRI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what is dark souls 2

DaS2 was so bad I don't know if you can say that

Another good dark souls game

>le "it was a good game but not a good dark souls game"

Only if you pretend the Bosses and enemy placement were good

>I can't handle more then 1 guy at a time B-TEAM PLEASE

>throne watcher/defender was a good boss fight

zero fucking physical feedback

what is dark souls 3

Dark Souls 2 is terrible in comparison to other soulsgames, but it's still much fucking better than most of modern games

>a game is bad because it's too similar to a good game

a terrible game

Elder Scrolls

>good game
>with that hit detection

2 was average at best.

>le shockwaves
youtube.com/watch?v=VCuaQX7IfRI

I'm sorry the thought of having to invest a few levels to get i-frames in a game that heavily encourages you to go a high SL is so offensive to you

Dark souls 3 is shit

despite not being a big fan of the third, all of them are good.

what are people's issues with DaS3?
i just started playing recently in anticipation for the new dlc and i am actually enjoying it very much
im in irithyll and just about to take the pontiff on
i will admit irithyll steeply disappointed me, i thought with the setup of the bonfire by the waterfountain it would be just overflowing with little shortcuts here and there but its mostly linear
like i get the necessity for linear levels and they can be fun, but when i walked into irithyll my hopes were set so high for a city with lots of doors to open and roam around in and the rug got pulled out from under me after i got to the fog door and opened meaningful gate on the way there

>n-n-n-no it's your fault the game design is retarded
kek

Big difference between god tier and merely not having a bad game. Dark Souls may not have an outright bad game in the trilogy, but there have been considerable dips in quality for a series only comprised of a few games.

I'd say, overall, that Zelda is pretty impressive. There are definitely some duds, but considering how many of them there are and how many of them are as good as they are that it'd be one of the better franchises.

>heavily encourages
You mean punishes you if you don't by matching you against level 300 havels???

thats a good point but 5 games is quite a few games in the video game world where only the biggest of milkable teets really gets any decent amount of sequels
and i would say that there isnt a bad souls game, most of the people that say any of the games are just being contrarian

Final Fantasy

It's just Sup Forums extremism. DaS3, like the rest of the games in the series, is an overall good game with some noticeable flaws.
But on here, things are either a masterpiece or the worst piece of shit ever created. Give it a few years and you may get some actual, balanced opinions regarding DaS3.

i figured as much
i guess i was hoping, albeit in total futility, for a well articulated post explaining what was so disappointing about dark souls 3 relative to DeS, DaS1 and BB
but yea like i figured it was just an exercise in futility

Fallout

It's partly flaws in the game itself (linearity, boring world design, excessive DaS references) and partly souls fatigue. Still worth it if you like the series and the second dlc is good so far.

>Dark Souls 2 is a good game.

as blasphemous as it is to say this I never got to play dark souls 1, i dont use my 360 and my toaster cant run it
so i guess the fatigue and dark souls 1 references arent weighing on my playthrough
i do however know a fair amount about the dark souls 1 lore, enough to understand most of the references, and yes they are kind of silly it would have been better as mostly its own game with minimal references to the first game
but overall im having a really good time and i thought that places like farron keep, the undead settlement and the cathedral of the deep were very enjoyable
i thought the cathedral was actually fantastic

>I never got to play dark souls 1, i dont use my 360 and my toaster cant run it
It has its own flaws but I would say it's a must play at some point. Not having warping or bonfires every ten feet and having a more interconnected world was a unique experience and I'm disappointed they didn't continue the series with that philosophy in mind. Would have made them work a little harder on level design.

>cathedral
It has pretty great design I agree. The problem is that everything else in the game looks like almost like the Cathedral. The first two games had more world variety and slightly less bland colors.

ive been meaning to play it for a while but i think i should finish the ones ive started before opening up another can of worms that is a souls game
i started DaS2 and got a little ways into it, then i picked up DaS3 and had way more fun with that so im gonna stick that out and then go back and finish DaS2 then after that probably DaS1 or maybe bloodborne if i can find a ps4 for dirt cheap

1=BB>2>3

Fact

i heard 3 was more 2 than 1. To many bonfires

A great game with some minor flaws.

Like pretty much every game on this franchise.

>Dark Souls 3
>shortest game
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>massive amounts of on-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>rehashed areas in an already short game
>the worst, newbie/scrub favoring invasion system yet
>no arena
>Heavy armor sucks

>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>removes a shit ton of spells from the previous game
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>boss weapons can’t be infused
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>DLC has so far been shit
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB
>b-but the DLC will save it!
>b-but other games have faults!
lmfao

Too many bonfires, unfair enemies, and had just as many mob gangrapes.

People can shit on 2 all they want, but it had the most refined and best balanced mechanics in the series, and it introduced Power Stancing, an amazing feature that did not carry over to 3 for some reason.

Basically this

>minor flaws.
>MINOR
I guess the fun of Dark Souls isn't the Combat.

P
O
Y
O
~

H-he's fast!

heh, nothing personel kid

>I cant handle and adapt combat that is different from dark souls 1
>game is bad

Nice point bruh. I never had problems with "le shockwaves XD" and "phantom hitboxes" when I actually understood how this game fucking works.

Fire Emblem

Keep pretending Throne Watcher/Defender was a good boss, user.

air ride?

>Throne watcher/defender was only bosses of DKS2

Ok, I got something for you too
Keep pretending that Bed of Chaos was a good boss, user.
Keep pretending that triple asylum demons was good bosses, user.
Keep pretending that 4kids was good bossfight, user.
Keep pretending that reusing your previous areas and sell it like DLC was good idea, user.
Keep pretending that 4 dimensional rolling was superior, user.
Keep pretending that retarded PVP system with twinking chaos weapon retards was fun, user.
Keep pretending that Tomb of Giants was cool area, user.
Keep pretending that Lost Izalith was not rushed piece of shit, user.
Keep pretending that flipping havels with hornet ring was fun to fight against, user.

the modern dark souls fanbase only cares about lore and vistas
50% of this dlc is hiding behind cover from projectiles but that somehow makes for a good dlc because it looks pretty and muh lore implications

>invaded by dark spirit xXEdGyNameXx
>mask of the mother
>full havels
>flipping around like an obese ninja
>mfw

Those were all fine. Bed of Chaos was unique and not just a poorly made easy boss or complete bullshit like most DaS2 bosses.

Here's a list of bosses that I didn't find to be push overs or bullshit:
Ruin Sentinels
The Rotten
Smelter Demon
Velstadt, The Royal Aegis

A poor man's bloodborne that tries to take advantage of the nostalgia of DSfags.

A game where it force you to play only one play style(quality builds) unlike 2 which lets you play many builds.

>God tier franchises that never had a bad game.

what are we basing this on? personal likes or critically rated games?

DaS2 lets you play multiple builds
not for melee, dex is fucking useless in ds2

Portal
Dishonored
Half-Life
Metal Gear Solid
Splinter Cell
Wolfenstein
Civilization
Age of Empires

>Civilization
five, six and beyond earth? hello????

Dark Souls 2 and 3 were garbage.The first one was only playable because people didn't have high standards for RPGs back in 2011, the year that Skyrim released. Now if Dark Souls 1 was released it would be seen as outdated shit, which Dark Souls 2 and 3 are.

>beyond earth
I do not consider that a Civ game.
>five, six
I love'em. Fuck off.

it only seems outdated compared to 2 and 3 which did add better mechanics

>Bed of Chaos
>not complete bullshit
Also you offer real argument to how you could consider rest of the list "fine".

Name 5 RPG you considered good.

>slut.png
like pottery

>fallout 4

Not bad but
>Portal
There were literally only 2 games user it's impossible to categorize this with the others.

The witcher series.

nice dark souls game without hornet ring parry ripost

A shit game.

What a boring meme. Dark souls 2 is a great game by dark souls standards. One of the best sequels I have ever played

Witcher 1 is the only weird one. still pretty good

Witcher 1 was a great game for the time and the small budget they had.

Fpbp

it was a good fight. game isn't shit because you are.