ZX Spectrum

Why is the UK so fucking gay for this system?

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64
youtu.be/IUfbJhhiwAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same reason every Finn worships Nokia, or Amerifats want to have sex with their iPhones.

It was a cheap home computer
it sold well
what more is there to be said?

>what more is there to be said?

>Licensing deals and clones followed, and earned Clive Sinclair a knighthood for "services to British industry".[9]

Same reason a lot of Americans are nostalgic for C64s or TRS-80s. They grew up with them.

It was cheap and it used audio cassettes as storage so you could literally copy anything as long as you had 2 decks. Which in turn meant you had dirt cheap games (30% of which didn't load for one reason or another) being sold literally everywhere. I got most of mine (I believe not 1 of them original) in a fucking hardware store at 2/3 bucks a tape.

no holy c64 vs Atari XE/XL war?
How come?

I mean I would ask that if I didn't know that we speak about the same guys that put vinegar on fries and milk to tea.

>just bongs, don't try to understand

Atari? lol
Real war was ZX Spec vs C64.
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-face-off-zx-spectrum-vs-commodore-64

what are you smoking, I'm from Poland too, there were like 5 ZXs in entire country at best

>no holy c64 vs Atari XE/XL war?
Because Atari never had a horse in that race. I never even knew anyone who owned any of the Atari computers. It was always either a C64 or an AppleII.

Stockholm syndrome

for the beats

youtu.be/IUfbJhhiwAI

>home computer

Looks like a shit gay-ass keyboard to me.

>instant flashbacks of every pole on whatever online game that was asking me if I'm polish because of my username
For the thousandth time, I'm not polish.

yea 8-bit era, crazy shit, 2bh. Amstrads. Spectrums, Commodores, Ataris and probably few others that I never heard of
Don't listen to that other user, in Poland 8bit Atari was bit thing. Don't confuse with 16bit Atari which was nowhere big thing, unless you made music, then was hudge, even 5 after last amiga died. And that amiga, on the other hand was everywhere,

I'll take your word for it, as I'm from the US. We had plenty of C64 and AppleII machines floating around, with little else. Our "16 bit era" consisted of a small percentage of people buying Amigas, and everyone else moving on to PC clones.

Japanese computers > European computers > American computers

NEC's product was so fucking good. PC-88, PC-98, PC Engine, Super CD system2, all glorious. Why did they fuck themselves over so bad making their Supergrafx an 8-bit machine with a better video card? Sega and Nintendo were so busy trying to sell units with bits, that NEC wasn't ever even considered a competitor with the Supergrafx.

Autism Spectrum

If you were alive when computer were just the same horizontal boxes, it probably looks like that - so imagine it but with a tape deck

Besides amiga and commodore, this was all they pretty much had. The ZX spectrum was cheaper than both computers, and had a decent amount of games and programs to use with it. Not to mention it's piss easy and cheap as hell to make a spectrum game.

>tfw no pc98
>no pce
>no point in buying turbo in current year

why live

The amiga is one of the best computers

Em u late

I know, it's more I wish to had them when they were relevant

Those were also popular as fuck in Russia, I had one in late 80's.