About to start with this. Any tips for a complete beginner...

About to start with this. Any tips for a complete beginner? I played some Dark Souls I but it was a long time ago and didn't really get into it.

The first mandatory boss is going to remodel your cornhole for a while. It's worth it to stick it out, practice parrying on the lesser enemies before you get to him. Run away if shit gets too hectic, most enemies won't follow you very far. Take your time and explore, you'll find stuff that will help you out all over the place. Pick whatever weapon suits your fancy, saw cleaver especially is one of the best weapons in the game. Have fun.

thanks bud

I'd never played a dark souls game before. Went into this completely blind and honestly from the cover assumed it was a hack and slash, boy was I wrong. I played it for five hours and didn't get out of the start of yarnham. Never played it again for close to a year haha

Once i took my time to actually play the game properly and figure out how it works I started to love it. Probably my favourite game, i am a conplete casual gamer.

Parrying is not a gameplay option, it's how to play the game and you have to learn to parry in order to beat most of the more challenging bosses.

dont bother its actually worse.

play nioh instead.

t. very contrarian faggot

Literally completely the whole game and I barely parried at all, what are you on about

That's false. I never parry because I always join other people's worlds for coop and its unreliable as fuck when you're not hosting. I've got 80 million echoes on me right now and I just hit, dodge and counter everything to death; every enemy and every boss in the game

Hunter axe is a very good beginner weapon. Its transformed mode has good reach and mobbing capability, and it performs well throughout the whole game. I found parrying to be slightly more reliable when using the blunderbuss as opposed to the pistol, but sometimes you really need the range of the pistol.

Nioh isn't nearly as good as Bloodborne, only things it has going for it are combat and framerate.

This is an exclusive for the most powerful 8th generation console.

Graphics are shit
music is forgettable
enemies are boring and lack variety
level design and aesthetics blow

Why does EVERY bloodborne thread always seem to be a beginner asking questions instead of playing the game?

Makes you think..............

Do strength build and use the kirkhammer. Stagger eveything skillfags have trouble with

parrying is easier, learn it

Just spam r1 to get all your health back

The Souls games have a reputation as being difficult, mainly because most modern games are stupid easy.

Nioh shits all over reskinned dar- bloodborne. Don't fall for these memesters

that only works with the axe and the burial blade. Most weapons give you half back at most

>fight 3 different enemies in a shit setting:The game

Do you want to pvp? Prepare for days of farming.

>bloodborne
>entire game and world goes to shit past the woods
Literally Dark Souls after Anor londo with a different skin, what the fuck were they thinking

Thats only if you want korean off shapes for blt builds.

t twink faggot

I dont get it. You couldn't get into Dark Souls so you thought its a good idea to get Bloodborne?

We're not talking about Breath of the Wild here, user.

If you want range and crowd control, the cane and blunderbuss are recommended. You can buy the other options not much later.

Get used to the sight of Central Yarnham. Take your time, but be bold.

>Yharhal gul, upper cathedral ward, early nightmare of mensis and the detour to the brain, plus the dlc
>bad

Break all the barrels, coffins, and boxes you can find and also always survey the area around you, lots of secret passages in bloodborne and it often provides you with huge advantages.

Cane if you're going skill.

Kirkhammer if you're going strength.

>I played some Dark Souls and didn't really get into it.
Are you retarded? You realize it's basically the same game, right?

This is like someone picking up FireRed because they didn't like LeafGreen.

Unironically thinking Nioh is better.

You need to drink bleach

These kinds of games are much more fun to played without a guide. Spoiling yourself on bossfights ruins some of the excitement. You don't need to get all the secrets the first time you play.

You can send friendly NPCs to one of two places. Send them all to the same place. if you want to interact with them early on, send them to Oedon chapel.

A lot of people get burned out on the chalice dungeons. They're optional. I enjoy them, but many did not.

Don't put points in bloodtinge. There are a couple of melee weapons that scale on it, but you won't get them for a while. Do put points in health.

Parrying is optional, but makes the game considerably easier.

Armor stats matter more than you might think. Particularly with elemental defense.

Lol that analogy is retarded

>Are you retarded? You realize it's basically the same game, right?

Are you? They're very different. Unless he's talking about Dark Souls 3, the other two games are nothing like Bloodborne. They require a totally different mindset and playstyle.

Remember lure and rolling is effective