What are our thoughts on Crash Bandicoot 2?

What are our thoughts on Crash Bandicoot 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-RCYAsOwh2o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3 is better.

no 1 is

The Oneyplays walkthrough of this was pretty entertaining.

Did they have Supermega in that one for was it just Ding Dong and Julian?

best crash game

less gimmicks than 3
best sound track
best level design
most variety in difficulty

honestly I like 3 the best, I get why everyone shits on it but it was my introduction to the series.

Maybe if they took out the shitty vehicle levels

My fave one. I didn't like that the first game turned into a 2D platformer later on.
3rd game seemed great too but I didn't get too far because I was burnt out on Crash.

what did he mean by this

Best of the series, only complaint is absolute trash tier bosses

The one I didn't play as much, but remember dearly.

I don't.

it's perfection incarnate.

Absolutely perfected the gameplay of Crash Bandicoot by adding the slide and high jump. The art direction, music, and pacing suffer a bit compared to Crash 1. Crash 3 goes too far with the gimmicky levels, and the addition of powerups was a mistake because they eventually make the game too easy.

It's the high point of the series, basically everything a sequel should be. It adds worthwhile content and stays true to the philosophy behind the original game, but strays far enough that the first game is still enjoyable after the sequel comes out.

why do you keep making these threads?

Julien fell asleep

Absolutely terrible level design. Worst Crash game prior to Titans.

best of the trilogy based on being the purest platformer of the 3 (2 and 3 both control the same and are much better than 1, so they tie in terms of control)

3 is close, but there are more levels in 3 that are not platforming levels

1 is fine but not better than 2 or 3

youtube.com/watch?v=-RCYAsOwh2o

this music

the nostalgia is too strong

WOAH

love it, only complaint is that one boulder level (with the bear) where in order to get all the crates you had to drop down the wooden bridge the bear just wrecked. I don't know how I figured it out in the first place.

>perfection incarnate
>half the levels are shitty 'gimmick' levels
Why didn't you just say you have the attention span of a gnat.

Protip: You can use hardware MSAA