What exactly is wrong with casual gamers?

What exactly is wrong with casual gamers?

The same thing that's wrong with people who only watch summer blockbusters.

There really isn't much wrong with them. The only thing that comes to mind is when they talk about something they know very little about and they ruin games for the more hardcore audience.

Normal, well adjusted people encroaching onto my obsession makes me feel insecure.

This but unironically.

The biggest problem that most people have with casual gamers is that they lack any desire to invest themselves into the hobby. Instead they’re content to coast along on surface/entry level content while leaving the real content alone either because they don’t have the time or because they lack any desire to actually be challenged in their hobby. This is incredibly frustrating for more dedicated gamers as they're aware pf all the great content that a casual gamer is willingly depriving themselves of. To them a casual gamer is lazy; someone who would rather be coddled in the shallow end of the hobby than to move into the deep end and actually try something new. Now this wouldn’t be so bad in and of itself if not for the casual’s infuriating habit of telling everyone else what a ‘gamer’ they are. This is even more frustrating for an actual gamer as it demonstrates that these people are more concerned with looking as though they’re part of the hobby than in actually taking part in and contributing to it. So while it may technically be true that they are, in fact, gamers, from an internal perspective the difference between them and more dedicated players is exorbitant. Of course the real tragedy from all of this is that, as time has gone on, casuals have made up a greater and greater percentage of gamers to the point where video game developers are now forced to cater their games specifically towards them instead of an afterthought as happened in earlier years. This has led to a general dumbing down and decrease in the quality of games to appeal to the short attention spans and lack of skill in casuals and disenfranchised veterans of the hobby. The irony of this is that, due to their casual nature and lack of loyalty to the brand in the first place, once games reach a certain lack of quality casuals will desert the hobby en masse and flock to the new popular hobby.

They degenerate the overall quality of any field they enter. Essentially locust.

t. casual

Because they all claim that sky rim is the best game ever

They want to have fun at the expense of gameplay.

Nothing. They're the reason why the video game industry still exists.

Nothing's really wrong, other than them forcing the game producers to pander to a wider/less skilled audience and dumbing down the game somewhat.

On one hand, this means more money for them to continue doing what the old fans like, but on the other hand they run the risk of alienating their old fans by pushing too much in the casual direction.

Nothing inherently.

I mean we're all casuals in at least one medium. I'm sure that Sup Forums is mad at me for being a casual in music, or Sup Forums for my preference for movies beginning and ending at 80's kung-fu flicks.

Sup Forums is almost definitely disgusted by the fact that I watched like three animes, which was like Afro Samurai, Kill La Kill, then Afro Samurai again, and then decided I had enough with the whole medium.

These aren't inherently bad things, and you do dedicate yourself to consuming one medium at the expense of others. There's just so much fucking media these days, you can't consume it all. It's impossible.

No, the problem with casuals, and this isn't their fault, is the - has Riot appropriated these word too much for use? - toxic industry that was warped and crafted directly to appeal to them. Budgets were inflated, because production values attract casual wallets, and advertising budgets soared at the expense of the experimentation and actual genre pushing.

No longer could AA and such talents thrive in such an economy and they were strangleholded out. And now you have billions and billions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of man power hours and all this talent, legitimate industry-honed talent, razor-focused on appealing to this one market, for their tastes alone.

It's not the casual's fault. This is just what they want. The shortsighted peeps just in it to make a money-producing factory instead of a decent medium has given us this.

But that's just the world we live in.

Pretty much this

Normalfags are the reason Sup Forums, the internet and gaming went to shit.

>games are too hur durr durr hard, can you make it easyyyyy ?
>These games are too misogynistic, you can remove that ?
>These games are duuuun hur dur have lesbian/gay/trannies/trap, can you add it ????
Annnnndddd devs eat that shit
Tldr; they dont actually play the games and want devs to pander to them

I'm happy being a casual for life. Everyone is different and have its skills.

you don't have the "english" skill it seems

>games should only cater to chads of video games, the top 1% skills

As i said, there're many I don't have and that's why I've to be a casual

>Everyone better than me is a chad

lol, loser

It's not their fault, but a lot of games are dumbed down because of them.

t.chad

>casual gamers

Meaningless phrase used by retards. There's nothing hardcore about video games. Sitting on your ass in front of a screen and hitting a keyboard isn't hardcore, unless you're playing some obscure rape game that can get you in prison or some something like that.

It's vengeful "nerds" inventing an identity for themselves and an "other" to hate and feel superior to.

How the hell is the second dude from the left holding his controller?

They eat up whatever the most popular AAA shit is which means those companies will continue making mediocre games because people buy them anyway.
Otherwise, not much.

Sky rim is the best elder scrolls

lmao at the dad rocking a fucking mullet while playing PS3

Theres nothing wrong with people who dont want to dedicate more than a few hours of the week to video games and are seeking efficient delivery of fun rather than an immersive experience.

I cant get mad at a fratbro who wants to play COD 16 because he doesnt want gameplay more interesting than that.

That said, the industry in general should do more to jerk off its core audience that is willing to take alot of shit but won't abandon its abusive partner.

I also hold the unpopular opinion on Sup Forums that people should fucking buy video games that they actually enjoy and support devs who churn out good and fun experiences.

This. Type all you want, but this is what it boils down to.

Because they're usually faggots like this

>Game 1
>Niche audience loves it, interesting gameplay and story made for that audience
>Casuals hear about Game 1 and buy it in droves
>Complain about Game 1 and it's niche-ness

>Game 2
>Dumbed down, streamlined, simplified, made for streaming by ecelebs
>Original audience dislikes game, but Game Dev doesn't care because they're making more money