What get

Bought a Switch.

Been enjoying Zelda but I want something else to play on it.

>Never played Shovel Knight. Everyone says its good. True? I'm a little sick of adventure games after Horizon, Nier, and now BotW

>Snake Pass looks cool and different. Anyone have it?

>Have a GF to play Snipper Clips with. BUT we didn't really like the demo much. Is the main game better?

>buying a console with one game on it
Why do this? You should plan out at least 5 games you will definitely play and probably like.

I plan on getting all of the games I mentioned eventually.

I'm also excited for Mr. Shifty and Mario Kart and Splatoon (didn't have a Wii U).

I just only have money for one game right now. Because I just bought a console.

Do you guys honestly spend $200-$400 on consoles and then buy 5 games for it right out of the gate? You know you can only play one at a time, right?

>Do you guys honestly spend $200-$400 on consoles and then buy 5 games for it right out of the gate? You know you can only play one at a time, right?
No, but I figured you had literally no idea what games you should get for the Switch after you bought it. I know that I'm not gonna get one till at least Odyssey comes out.

Shovel Knight is pretty fun, if you like NES-era platformers, would recommend.

Snake Pass didn't click at all for me personally, the whole premise is built on whether you like the finicky controls or not. If you're expecting Banjo-Kazooie/Mario 64, go ahead and nope the fuck out. Would recommend pirating on a different platform, buying if you dig it.

Snipperclips is ehhhh as well, depends on how much fun you really have with your 2p. If the demo didn't grab you, probably not.

Fact is, the Switch is VERY much a one-hit wonder with Zelda. Seriously, remove BOTW from the current list of titles, and what's really compelling? Shovel Knight and Binding of Isaac, which are years-old indie games cheaper on different platform.

I gave shovel knight a go. Was actually suprised how fun it was. Bit short though

Well yeah, but it's been out for like a month.

PS4 and Xbone didn't even have a Zelda when they came out.

I don't even remember what the first big exclusives were for those two. Infamous Second Son and the Xbox version of that?

I'd say sell it while there's still massive demand, then re-buy it once Mario comes out or if something awesome comes out in the meantime

Never played Binding of Isaac. Worth $40?

Cause that's steep AF for an indie.

If you do end up loving it, you'll get hundreds of hours on it. Have a friend with 300 plus hours.

ps4 came out with knack and killzone, what it made it sell was the yearly CoD which was also on ps3
why is it so hard to understand that consoles don't come out with thousands of games? and most people have jobs so they won't marathon 10 games in a week

Not to mention that this is nothing new for Nintendo for sure, most of its consoles only came out with 1 or 2 games PERIOD (one of which was usually a system seller though, like SM64)

Yes shovel Knight is very good

I recommend fast RMX, but if you aren't into SPEED then it may not be for you

Shovel Knight is decent.
I personally got bored before finishing because I feel like it doesn't imitate mega man for anything that made it good, but my friends all enjoyed it and tell me I'm the odd one.

Snake pass is not good. It should be fun to control a slithering snake, but most of the time if you're going for 100% collectibles it is just frustrating.

Snipperclips is a joy two player, and even better four player.
The variety is what keeps it interesting.

PS4 had knack on release

KNACK

A masterpiece shut your fucking mouth

Go for Snake Pass if you want a nice twist on the 3d platformer/collectathon genre. I've been having a blast with it since it released (I'm on PC but it's pretty much the same thing I guess)

OP, get yourself VOEZ for some handheld j-pop fun. Also get metal slug for some multiplayer shenanigans.

If you happen to like the series and are willing to drop more money on it than its content deserves you can get Super Bomberman R.
It's pretty solid after the patches fixed it and it's getting free DLC.

Still not really worth more than $20-30 at most though

i dunno... 25$ seems steep for a port of a mobile game. maybe if it gets a price drop

thought about picking up one of the neo geo ports to play with my GF. She does seem to like simpler games.

No matter what you pick OP, you can't make a bigger mistake than me.
I bought Just Dance for my switch.
I was going to a gaming party and needed a fun multiplayer game, so I picked it up on the way.
Almost nobody was even willing to try it, and when they did it was awful and made everyone cringe. I feel like I need to send everyone involved a fruit basket to apologize.

LOL

why didn't you just get 1/2 switch or something?

It seems steep, but it has more songs than the average project diva game, and it has every song available from the get go, whereas in mobile you gotta grind or pay for songs.

I got that too.
It definitely went better, but we had the most fun with snipperclips and bomberman.

neo geo turf masters is really good, really relaxing to play a few holes with some nice music in bed

How can someone find themselves in this situation.

I'm having a bad time just thinking about it

This.
It lacks some newer features that streamline golf games, but that means you have to estimate power and distance by just what the distance to the pin is and calculate your club and how much power you need.
Which when you get good make you feel like a genius, even when it's pretty basic math.

I want it, but I know my friends and I won't play it enough to warrant the 50$ price tag.

I'm sorry...
I'll send you a fruit basket.

Desperation.
I wanted more fun Switch games and there just aren't enough right now.

Just play 1 2 switch for now man jesus.

snipperclips is fun with friends

I'm thinking of picking up one, maybe two, of the neogeo games but I don't really know what to pick.
I've never really played any of them and mostly know of them by series reputation.
I'm mostly interested in metal slug but I'm not sure if I should go with 1 or 3. I don't really know how much time I can expect to get out of them either
Are the metal slug games outclassed by any of the other neogeo releases on switch?

Please be bait

He listed 3 other games to play on it. It's been out for a month. Relax.

1 2 switch is actually enjoyable especially as a drinking game, at least for awhile. If you HAVE to buy a game for a party, thats the perfect choice.

Now stop shitposting.