EA will inevitably announce a sequel to Republic Commando

>EA will inevitably announce a sequel to Republic Commando
>gameplay similar to Call of Duty, squad control is axed because marketing deems it's too dificult for the target audience to understand
>"Find Sev Day 1 DLC" exclusive to pre-orders
>singleplayer story is released in chapters, only for premium members
>multiplayer launches with 4 maps
>Mass Effect Andromeda-tier facial animations

What are your reasons for not wanting a sequel to one of the best Star Wars games now that EA holds the license?

all of the above plus you forgot

>every weapon is now a hard slug thrower so EA can have whatever Z-team of devs they cheap out on to include
>not ar's for 'good guys
>not ak's for 'bad guys'

.autoaim permanently on set to eleven million percent for controller console tards so even if you aim at your feet with a pistol you shoot the enemy sniper 300m away in the left eye socket

>for that sweet sweet MEGA ULTRA KILL xp, for AIRSTRIKE POWERUP AWW YISS

and of course for tiny cheap ass maps made out of endlessly recycled elements and actors so the devs only have to make 100 items tops.

>republic commandos
>facial animations

nice meme

Republic Commando was dogshit and it would be basically impossible for EA to put out a game that's any worse.

Hi call of honorfield lover. i see you're ever ready to drop into a thread for THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE in order to shit them up with

>REE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEE

good job! as lord of the internet we will now all surely follow your decree and start dutifully hating something we like

on an unrelated note

>was it red red green, or red green red?

>and HE'S supposed to be our explosives 'expert'?

>scorch, just get us in without killing the squad.

>yessir, one big hole coming up!

You must be 18 years or older to post on Sup Forums.

ah yes, the time honoured retard move by /r fags and tumblrettes everywhere they infest.

decide someone's a kid for disagreeing with you.

have you not realised fuckwit, a kid wouldn't have even PLAYED the game. go be a fucking idiot in some other thread. maybe you could i don't know, actually contribute on-topic to one!

>the game's shit because I say so. not because I put forth any logical arguments, you must take my word for it that it's really bad

Okay, user. Off to bed you go.

>nice takedown lead!

>take that, filthy bug

>how many kills you made today, psycho?

>more than you.

>okay, now HE scares me.

Scorch: Man, this place gives me the creeps.

Sev: Ah, Scorch... Nothing better than a jungle hunt. Hiding in the bush, putting a plasma bolt through a hostile's cranium...

[sighs wistfully]

Sev: Makes me feel alive.

Scorch: Okay, now Oh-Seven's giving me the creeps.

Scorch: I think we may have to blast our way through that... And I'm *not* just saying that because I love to blow stuff up.

Sev: Yes, you are.

RC was some real fun.

Delta Three-Eight "Boss": [to Delta 62] Snipe them from here, Delta.

Sev: Are you sure you don't want someone who can shoot straight, sir?
Delta Three-Eight "Boss": Cancel that demolition, Delta.

Scorch: You're no fun anymore, sir.
Scorch: [after geonosian leader is dead] Woohoo! Yeah! I love that smell!

Fixer: All I smell is a burnt geonosian.
Clone Advisor: Once you're inside, proceed with disabling maneuvers.

Sev: Disabling maneuvers?

Scorch: Uh... blowing things up?

Sev: Oh... I knew that.

Disney wants nothing to with the prequels era its not gonna happen

The sequel to Republic Commando was to be Imperial Commando, set of course in the Galactic Civil War era.

Republic Commando being good is some sort of meme.

>Super slow
>Extremely low enemy variety
>Small weapon selection
>Most enemies are also slow. Takes no skill to shoot anything
>Extremely linear with little to no gameplay variety
>Most of the "challenge" comes from bullet sponge enemies that spawn infinitely until you destroy their spawner. This can get agonizing if you're out of grenades.
>Squad tactics are near non-existent. You just tell them to use obviously placed cover or special locations. It's more of an obligation than anything else. It might as well be automatic.
>Squad mates can't die. No tension or challenge.
>Extremely short + obviously rushed ending

Please look past your nostalgia goggles. This game was mediocre at best. I beat this game like 2 years ago because people on Sup Forums said it was good and boy was it fucking garbage. I was waiting for the good part to kick in and it never came. I thought I was supposed to care about MUH SEV, but the rushed ending and how nonsensical it is ruins any sort of emotional response.

Unfortunately it's a strong example of "good for it's time" and it really was. I think there are a lot of people that want to see the story concluded and want the concept fully realized but who knows if that could ever happen.

If EA shat out a sp version of battlefront with imperial commando and I will unironically buy it at full price if it means saving Sev.

>gameplay similar to Call of Duty
Because original gameplay was so challenging and hardcore?

>super slow
Sorry, this isn't Call of Duty
>Extremely low enemy variety
Compared to other shooters of its time, I'd say it's pretty much the contrary. Instead of shooting endless heaps of Nazis or Russians, you're fighting against various types of droids, geonosians and trandoshians all with a unique combat style.
>Small weapon selection
Again, it's a product of its time but next to the interchangeable weapon you have a good variety of alien weapons
>Most enemies are also slow. Takes no skill to shoot anything
That's not where the challenge lies, you have to strategize and prioritize different enemies (e.g. the Super Battle Droid or Droidekas) from tearing your squad apart
>Extremely linear with little to no gameplay variety
The levels served their purpose well in my opinion, sure, they're not Ghost Recon in terms of openness but they're fun nonetheless
>Most of the "challenge" comes from bullet sponge enemies that spawn infinitely until you destroy their spawner. This can get agonizing if you're out of grenades.
Then use your squad, you dunce.
>Squad tactics are near non-existent. You just tell them to use obviously placed cover or special locations. It's more of an obligation than anything else. It might as well be automatic.
The game was a blend of Halo and Rainbow Six, the ability to control your squad (although minimal) was a welcome addition as opposed to games like BF: Bad Company where your squad just follows you around and does nothing at all.
>Squad mates can't die. No tension or challenge.
Are you playing this on easy, user?
>Extremely short + obviously rushed ending
This is where I'll agree with you, the game was indeed rushed to its release but that didn't detract from the fact that the game was an enjoyable romp overall

>this over a decade old game that I played a while ago didn't stand the test of time, why is it so bad Sup Forums?
I don't know, but your arguments are a bit silly.

Imperial Commando was canceled you faggot
they arent making any of the planned Star Wars games
there are like 3 coming if we are lucky

>I don't know, but your arguments are a bit silly.
I didn't read most of your post. Did you expect me to take you seriously when you say
>Sorry, this isn't Call of Duty

Skimming over your post, most of what you say isn't much of an argument to begin with. You just end up comparing it to other (better) games of the time. I'm not going to bother responding to most of your non-argument, but I see something about squad tactics in regards to bullet sponges. Unless there's a special slot like a grenader spot you can put your guy in, the only tactic you can tell your squad to do is focus fire. Even then it still takes forever and there are usually a bunch of them at the same time. I'd ask you to try again, but it kinda seems like you've begun to figure out yourself that the game isn't that good. A game being old isn't an excuse for poor overall gameplay.

There's fucking nothing from Rainbow Six there. It's more akin to Bioshok Infinie "Press F to do stuff" than Rainbow Six. Do not talk about R6 again

Did you read the post you moron?

>>"Find Sev Day 1 DLC" exclusive to pre-orders
Would actually work on me, desu

>I didn't read your post because I know my original points were ridden with fallacies and didn't anticipate on the fact that someone would come back with actual arguments

Okay, buddy! :)

>tfw you will never meet the boys again to fuck shit up one last time

I hope you're pretending to be retarded or something, because you did the very same. You are either a retarded community college student who thinks they're smart or you're baiting me.

As much as a want a Republic Commando sequel, I don't think anything can make me buy a EA game at this point.

>Thought you'd never ask sir.

>retarded
>retarded

It's okay, user. I'm sure Hiromoot will put an age-restriction on this website soon enough.

Republic Commando was a fantastic game.

^This. It didn't stand the test of time ( in a sense that it was way better/more interesting in its time, then now) but it was still way better then a lot of similar games of the time.

You called me a CoDfag and implied I was playing on easy. You expect me to think that an old game is automatically supposed to get a pass. You call my argument silly. I slapped down your only argument about the tactics which you conveniently ignored because you can't form a counter-argument. And then you imply that I'm the only one using fallacies as if you have an amazing argument. You did the same things you accused me of and haven't bothered to counter.

I'm sorry you're upset at being BTFO. Better luck next time I guess. I hope you're only pretending to be retarded for your sake.

>used to play the shit out of the multiplayer on pc
>now there is like one server left and the only people who play it are laggy spics
i miss hearing the lizard dudes yelling RUUUUGH HEAAAADSHOT

The squad combat didn't even need my response if you bothered to read my fucking post you idiot.

">Squad tactics are near non-existent. You just tell them to use obviously placed cover or special locations. It's more of an obligation than anything else. It might as well be automatic.
The game was a blend of Halo and Rainbow Six, the ability to control your squad (although minimal) was a welcome addition as opposed to games like BF: Bad Company where your squad just follows you around and does nothing at all."

I was talking about this you idiot
>Then use your squad, you dunce.
>I'm not going to bother responding to most of your non-argument, but I see something about squad tactics in regards to bullet sponges. Unless there's a special slot like a grenader spot you can put your guy in, the only tactic you can tell your squad to do is focus fire. Even then it still takes forever and there are usually a bunch of them at the same time.

I didn't read your dumb posts out of choice, but it seems you simply don't have the ability to read at all. Since you can't read, this is fruitless. I hope you put on a trip so I can filter you. Then again, I can probably recognize you as the guy who shouts FALLACY when committing the same thing.

Better luck next time, retard user. I'm off to bed.

Republic Commando was a boring corridor shooter that tried to be what call of duty is today.
The Squad mechanics are so shallow they might aswell not be in the game at all, the guns feel, look and sound absolutely underwhelming, just complete garbage and to top it all of, the game looks like shit aswell.

republic commando was some weak shit all the tactical shooter stuff was superficial

And ">Then use your squad, you dunce." was a response to the endless droid dispensers, I was giving you an easy solution to a problem your simple mind wasn't able to deal with.

>hurr I didn't read your post and now I'm frustrated about the fact that I created a miscommunication in my replies
>I'm going to bed because I live in the U.S., yet I lack the ability to understand the language as opposed to some Eurofag who just BFTO'd me

The game looked pretty good for its time actually, not amazing technically but not bad either, and the art style was solid.

>Scorch: Was it red-red-green or red-green-red...?
>Sev: """Demolitions expert."""

a star wars tactical shooter would be fucking cool but if you couldn't really get that from lucasarts then you sure as fuck aren't getting it from EA

Republic Commando plays a lot like Halo. It's alot more tactical than your modern day shooter.