Ultra Street Fighter II

Hey these screenshots don't look ba-
>watches gameplay footage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O5qTN8UVcpo
youtube.com/watch?v=Exf4SSHwAsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

turns out tracing sprites isn't a slam-dunk way to create good graphics, you still have to be a goddamn artist

aren't they just using hd remix assets? why would people be expecting it to look good?

You can switch between classic sprites and hd sprites

whatever im still going to buy it. i've played every iteration of sf2 and i'm not going to stop now

and everyone is going to stick with the classic sprites

But will it also have the classic backgrounds?

Classic sprites on top of the updated backgrounds is next level garbage

Classic backgrounds

Violent Ken and Serious Mr. Karate are godtier characters for a not so good tier SVC Chaos, they should be turned canon characters in Capcom/SNK games

Is the game less than 10 bucks?

Udon themselves even admitted after HD Remix that the redrawn sprites dont look great in motion, they ran into a ton of problems trying to fit more modern versions of these characters into the same shape as the original sprites, and also small animations that only change one pixel look fine at super low resolutions like the original sprites because your mind fills in the gaps but in HD with the redrawn sprites it just looks twitchy and due to the nature of it being a fighting game and every single frame being so important they couldnt start adding new inbetween animations or change any of the timing on the frames since it would fuck up game balance.

I am fucking hyped for this. Haters get fucked.

they should have just kept the same resolution and redrew the sprites

The problem is that the art style just looks like shit. Inbetween animations wouldn't have changed it.

what he fuck's going on with Ken's feet?

Think of it like the Halo Anniversaries; two graphics settings in their entirety with no gameplay differences between them.

Is that Mugen?

it's a newgrounds flash game.

It's Ultra Street Fighter II, yet another re-release that adds Evil Ryu and Violent Ken that's Nintendo Switch exclusive. Can pick between the HD Remix graphics style and the original sprites (with revised sprites for the aforementioned additions), has an Alpha Dramatic Battle-style co-op mode, and some obscene and out-of-place first-person motion waggle game where you hadoken shadaloo fucks with SFV assets.

The screenshot does look bad. The character sprites look like they were photoshopped into the scene, badly. The floor is probably a single 3D plane with a texture lazily applied to it. And somebody decided to make a pier out of stone tiles rather than wood planks. It looks like a kitchen floor, and the texture's not even aligned well. Also, the portraits don't match the character sprites at all. What's the point of updating the graphics if you're not going to keep the style consistent?

Has anyone got the webm of that guy playing it on a single Joy-Con and it shows the footage of his hands on the controller while he's playing it?
I forgot to save it when I first saw it.

>DSP preordered Switch just to play muh Street Fighter 2

How many versions of Street fighter 2 are there now

What's the pricing? If they're charging anywhere between half to full price I'm gonna have a laugh.

40 dollars

$40.

what the fuck. HD remix released for $15 almost 10 years ago. $40 is insane.

>No one's posted gameplay yet
youtube.com/watch?v=O5qTN8UVcpo
and here's the extra first person mode
youtube.com/watch?v=Exf4SSHwAsA

>look up the original game on ebay
>it's trending at about $20
>You get a cart with it and not a digital download
>You only get the good sprites

Because they hired a bunch of 17 year old kids from canada over deviantart for that shit.
Should have hired actual professionals.
I remember the shilling though.

I want better animated sprites, for fucks sake.

So why do the HD KOF sprites look fucking amazing even with as few frames?

The SF2 sprites look like shit because UDON are a bunch of tracing babbies who cant into proper art.

If they realised 3rd Strike instead it would have been successful.

This shit is actually physical though, not that it makes the pricing fair.

The HD character select looks so amazing.
The redrawn HD sprites look like newgrounds shit.
Considering that this is the 30 year aniversary edition this is a complete atrocity to recycle those UGLY 10 year old HD remix sprites.

Oh, thought it was digital only.

I believe it was originally listed for an unbelievable $60.

>Cart versions of SF2
It's trash

Just play fightcade

The UDON sprites are frame for frame the same as the original sprites, it just looks jerky at that resolution.

Anyone wanna play on fightcade?

The Udon gorilla style is also complete garbage.

At least they fixed the particles and UI this time