Rune Factory 4 thread

Never played a rf game before, but I'm 15 hours in rf4 and really enjoying it so far. I'm surprised i've never seen it talked about here.

What are your thoughts on the game?

Also best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-interview/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we've had daily harvest moon threads for a couple of weeks now, you should've just asked there
anyways yeah it's a good game one of the best on the 3ds and of the genre imo, dont bother buying it tho, the devs are dead, but you can buy the new trio of towns if you end up liking it xiao pai best girl

>best girl
Clorica!

I don't know why it isn't my favourite game, it's got everything I want in a game. It's crazy long with tons of stuff to do, you can recruit monsters to fight with, it's got the best leveling system. It's probably the closest thing to a perfect game.

It used to have a constant vg thread, though they eventually it died down since it's been awhile.

It's my favorite original 3DS game(And rf3 is my favorite ds game).

Best girl is Meg. It's just not apparent right away because she doesn't have any wacky gimmicks.

She was committed to the psychiatric ward and its my fault. She'll never feel that way but i know i could have helped her more, i could have monitored her stress levels more but I was blind to the obvious signs. She'll be home soon and everything will be okay but i can't stop crying.

she's the best girl.

what

It's great, the best RF in m opinon. I'm trying some yuri mod I found on gbatemp, pretty fun.

>best girl?
Amber for me, she's adorable and with waifu status, I was never able to marry anyone else in this game.

After playing stardew valley first, I can't seem to get through the early game without getting bored.

I actually played stardew valley first as well, but got bored of it's early game and enjoyed rf4 early game a lot more.

Rf4's combat system seems much better than stardew valley's so I guess when I got tired of farming in rf4 I just switch to the main story and it keeps me from getting bored.

200 hours in game.
One of the top 5 3DS games

Stardew Valley is a mediocre attempt at being a 2/10 compared to RF4 in terms of story, depth, quality, etc.

stardew was inspired by harvest moon tho, its not trying to be rune factory

concernedape even says so in multiple interviews
pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-interview/

5 when

Dolce best girl, comes with free Loli ghost.

On your 35th birthday.

>tfw im 24

kill me

>Marvelous hires Neverland devs
>Their first game after Neverland's collapse is a shitty poorly advertised srpg and bombs
>Devs stuck making Harvest Moon rehashes instead of Rune Factory

>tfw 700 hours

Its a comfy life I love. Married Dolce in my first run, wasn't my first choice but she grew on me, having a child and Pico makes it feel like a big family. Other two saves are Amber and Xiao

>Devs stuck making Harvest Moon rehashes instead of Rune Factory
wrong
>700 hours
user what the fuck

trio was alright though much better than sos once you get past the god awful start

I got ridiculously sick of SoS after marriage and the only access to new recipes was rng merchants
That experience and xseed's handling of the DLC already cost me my interest in ToT

>I got ridiculously sick of SoS after marriage

that's harvest moon games in general imo, the only reason i was still into rf4 after marriage was to finish the 3rd arc

I had no problem 100%ing RF4's shipping list and Sharance dungeons, because it was all possible in a reasonable timeframe without horrendous reliance on luck. I even transferred my data and did another playthrough to date all the other girls, and I was still finding new dialogue to keep things interesting.

The traveling merchants were completely fucking retarded by comparison, and so were the customer point restrictions on the traders. The optimal way to play becomes selling all your livestock and sleeping for a month at a time. Money is worthless by the first summer, after all.

a lot of the problems in the first sos are fixed in the new one, but money is pretty worthless in most harvest moon games, rune factory especially since you dont really need to farm to get good equipment and progress in the story dungeons

Leon is mai husbando. I just finished act 2, so I'm just sitting around now waiting for him to want to marry me, this is where I hit stuck last time I played too. Try to date someone right away OP, the last chapter of the game is locked behind you being married which is a huge RNG fest.

SAY IT WITH ME
IT
WITH
ME

CLORICA BEST GIRL
BEST GIRL CLORICA

I WANT TO CUDDLE WITH CLORICA
I WANT TO LET HER SLEEP ON MY SHOULDER
I WANT TO FONDLE HER HAIR WHEN SHE IS TIRED

Truly a man of exquisite taste.

Clorica is cute. Cute!

>5 years later
>Still can't waifu the dragon

>tfw saw Sofia in RF3 walk to her favorite romantic spot with a complete stranger
>mere days before I was going to propose to her

Clorica a best.

>Amber for me
BROTHER

since we mostly agree Clorica is best girl in 4 how about the best girl in 3?

>And rf3 is my favorite ds game
Mein nigger.

Anyway,is this game worth getting? Is it still like RF3 or you can now pick a female mc? I'm itching to play comfy games right now but I'm still conflicted if I should get Story of Seasons or this one.

Ah shit,almost everyone in 3 is a waifu material that I married them all in my save slots (I have r4 ds so I had 5 backup giving me a total of 15 save slots) but I would say that best girl is Daria.

You can pick boy or a girl, each has 6 marriage candidates
It's much better than SoS unless you really hate the ARPG sections

Ah,I'll get this one on weekend then.Thank you for the insight.

But who is best buy in 4?
We haven't determined that yet!
I'd help with the other question but I haven't played 3

Leon or Dylas

Arthur

>xiao pai best girl
my man.