youtube.com/watch?v=FPP5Ja7YNas
youtu.be/2BAgom3ue1I?t=306
youtube.com/watch?v=_LjtSogs0qM
youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME
youtube.com/user/thotwisegames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Easely

Forbidden Siren

This game was honestly the most hilarious co-op experience I've ever had.

One buddy I was cooping with pointed out the upside down bed guys were representative of the Swedish man's fears of finding his wife with another man.
between this and everyone dying enough that we were reduced to beating anything that moved to death with sticks I couldn't stop laughing

>Shock scare simulator
>Terrifying

This.
I've beaten cry of fear about 5-6 times. It's a fun horror shooter, but not really that scary.

It may have shock scares but I'll be damned if the monster designs aren't freaky as fuck.

The "Taller" enemies specifically get to me.

Life.

Afraid of Monsters DC was a hundred times scarier.

HELP OVER HERE.

HELP.

This game shows that in horror less is more.

I don't know why but this monster design with rust and wires, prison shit and hospital shit (white coats, strait jackets, wheelchairs, flesh and iron) really just doesn't do much for me anymore.

I used to love that shit in SH or Suffering, but I think we really need some fresh legit scary monster designs.

While I do enjoy rust and wires and stuff, to me, the horror mainly comes from the creatures mostly being human... but not QUITE human.

The weird body quirks, along with the insanely twisted and erratic movement is what really gets my heebies in a jeebies.

LSD Game for PS1

youtube.com/watch?v=-9D_sTen85I

>horror mainly comes from the creatures mostly being human

I agree, but the presentation of the mostly human part needs to be refreshed badly.

Have something no one has ever seen before.
Like something completely out of place, not necessarily aggressively designed (blood, black eyes, rust, menacing appearance) but throw a fucking curveball and do a design that confuses people into not knowing whether to laugh or shit their pants. That insecure vibe is much more thrilling than "Oh yeah, this is a bloody rust covered doctor with gouged out eyes and scalpels for fingers, shaking uncontrolably, yep thats a baddie"

>Pitch dark
>see the silhouette of a human looking thing
>just standing there, looking
>what
>THEN RUNS AT 300 FASTS
>SCREAMING
>WITH FUCKED UP ANIMATIONS

they could never re-create what they did in AoM in CoF, with the abstract nightmare maps and fucked up monsters,

I just wish AoM was like the intro the whole game.

What you're saying reminds me of a dream I had when I was young. I was just a little kid at the time, so imagine this from the perspective of a 6 year old child. I'll post it in 2 parts.

The dream starts off with me walking along a grassy field. It's beautiful, the grass is green, the sky is blue, the sun is shining. There are a few bushes here and there, but it's mostly empty grassy space. I'm enjoying myself. I'm walking along, just loving this beautiful environment I'm in, it's what I can call a perfect day, at least in terms of weather. Eventually, I see something off in the distance. I can't quite make it out, but it has the vague shape of a human being that's doing... something...

So, having nothing else to do in my dream, I decide to walk towards this strange sight. As I get closer, I realise that what I am looking at is a man standing, with a giant hole next to him, a hole with about a 9 metre diameter if I were to guesstimate. The hole is notable not only for its size, but for the fact that it's pitch black. Despite the perfect shining sun, there area of the hole is completely black, except maybe 2cm of the outside rim where the sunlight shows dirt, that shows it as a hole, rather than some portal or something. The hole acts as though any sunlight that hits it's area is just completely destroyed. There is also a large coil of what looks like long, thick, pink rope, about 3 metres in hight, and 5 metres in diameter. I'm watching this man now, and he's using one arm to pull this rope out of this giant hole, coiling it up in the pile as he's pulling it out. Upon observing him more closely, I realised that his other arm was actually going inside the hole, but I couldn't see his hand. I realise what's going on now.

Continued...

The most terrifying thing about this game was Simon's voice actor.

Part 2

Somehow, this man's arm has fallen into the hole, and it never stopped falling. It just kept growing longer and longer, and no matter how hard this man tried or how long he pulled, he could not reach the end of his arm. As I take a closer look at the man, I realise how distressed he is. He looks like he's been crying, he has tears in his eyes, and was sweating. It was obvious from his state and the large coil of arm next to him that he had been doing this for a very long time. I felt so sorry for him, and I wanted to help this man, but no matter what I said, he just wasn't responding, he just kept on pulling and making the coil of his own arm larger.

I decided to look into the hole, to see if I could see the bottom, maybe to see the man's hand. I guess I got what I wanted, because the next thing I saw was a hand shooting up out of the hole and dragging me down into it, whereupon the dream ended.

I think back to this dream every now and then, just to think about how scared this person was. Maybe the hole was magic. I think that, perhaps this man was walking along in pure bliss like I was, and decided to stick his hand into this strange patch of land. As soon as he did, this hand instantly dropped down to the bottom (where ever the bottom was, if there even was one), and his arm could only follow by extending like a piece of melting rubber. This man would have probably been desperately crying for a few hours after witnessing this, before deciding there was nothing else he could do except try to get it out. It seems the hand also gained sentience and didn't want to leave, as when I tried to find a way to help this man, it responded by destroying any chance I had, and probably killing me, or deforming me into something completely different. Thinking about this man trying to retrieve a part of his own deformed body, one that may have even grown a mind of its own, still gives me chills to this day.

>Cry of Jumpscares

I'm assuming that's what a real life black hole would possibly do. Gravity being so insanely high that your atoms literally string or "rope" away from your body.

But otherwise yeah, that's kind of what good horror creators (video games or movies) search for, the honesty and ultimate mystery which comes with dreams (Silent Hill, Jacob's Ladder and especially Inland Empire). All of these works try to recapture the alien nature of dreams, and do it well imho.

I think that's what makes horror truly horrifying, instead of dramatic aggression and other very tangible concepts.

White Day ( PC version not the mobile version ) is one of the most scary games.

>It's a AoM is better then CoF but they give no reason why but we all know it's because they saw it on Pewdiepie's channel when they were 12 episode.

Never played it before.

Would anyone watch if i streamed?

>White Day

great fucking game

walking simulator done right

no

If you learn and adapt the game mechanics, it becomes really fucking boring

So the new version is bad? Was excited because the original is a bit unpolished.

Sounds a bit like drr drrrr drrrr. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of some unsettling dreams I also have had.

>protip:
or
>what is the best xxx and why is it xxx?

I fucking despise the way you faggots start your threads

that said Cry of Fear is pretty good and did genuinely scare me when it was released

I downloaded it but I'm still too spooped to start it.

If you're afraid of "in your face" kind of jumpscares, there's only few of them in the game. Just launch and play it, it ain't that spooky in the end.

>monster designs freaky as fuck
99% of them are fucking humans dipped in catsup
what are you talking about retard

probably my favorite horror game after dead space

doesn't resort to bullshit like, no accuracy, inventory management or purposely bad controls to make the game "more scary",

good point

The way their bodies move coupled with the twisted anatomy of most of the creatures is pretty good user. Their designs aren't as simple as you're making them out to me.

No need to be angry.

Cry of fear is intense, not scary, I like the dark atmosphere though.

Silent hill 2 and the meanings behind so much of the stuff in the game is really fucking creepy

Also condemned criminal origins has this scene: youtube.com/watch?v=FPP5Ja7YNas

is there a good let's play of this, I'm a pussy and this is how I consume horror games when I'm not watching my friends play instead

>dead space
>horror
u wot m8

>Honking noises
>Empty crib noises
It's a real fucking shame that there aren't any good AoM:DC coop servers anymore.
In Australia.
What kinda LP are you looking for?
No commentary? Commentary? Comedic shit?

anything really, I can ignore the commentary I just don't want those that do jumpcuts and skip gameplay

It's OK but it's a blatant Silent Hill ripoff that does everything worse. It takes it's story as a bad imitation of SH2's and the monster designs are very SH1/SH3

Don't watch let's plays user. Come on it's a video game... it isn't that scary to the point of not being able to play it. Watch a longplay if anything.

if you insist,
>horror theme
because genuine horror isn't really a genre, it's perceived, things stop becoming scary the older, more jaded you become

Oh, I also wanna recommend System Shock 2.
Now that shit is spooky.
Honestly I was more spooked by Eileen coming up behind Henry there.
Well, a series I don't recommend you watch on the first run is Spike and Barley's Director's Cut run, because it showcases an interesting twist on the game:
The admin stalks them through the game and changes things up to keep them on their toes.
But since it's so different and the players don't really take a lot of it seriously, don't watch it before actually playing it/watching a proper run.

I don't understand what people are so scared of in system shock 2, I completed it when I was 9 and it didn't bother me.

Horror games with inventory managment are cancer it's not tactical it's not challenging it's a fucking tedioum that forces you to backtrack.

AOM had battery managment made in the same manner as ammo managment instead of that fucking CoF backpack space autism.

youtu.be/2BAgom3ue1I?t=306
youtube.com/watch?v=_LjtSogs0qM
youtube.com/watch?v=pp5xGLj1RME
Do you think you picked up on everything when you were only 9?

wait, so don't watch the director's cut?

Director's Cut is the intended version, ie it has actual monsters and shit instead of HL1 monster reskins.
I'm saying don't watch Spike and Barley's playthrough of it before watching someone else play Director's Cut.
Although the person playing it really should be you.

Cry of Fear is fucking HORRIBLE and I still can't tell if these threads are a joke or not

it's literally babies first HL2 mod with all of the brightness turned down

Its not really scary, well maybe the house part to some, but Underhell was fun.
The story with the voice acting gets a bit silly but I loved it that way.

It's not a HL2 mod nigger.

Horror games that rely on fucking having bullet spongy enemies.

If I shoot a motherfucker in the face with a shotgun, I don't want them to stand back up.

With that said, I don't mind the player being easily killed if I can actually defend myself viably in horror shooty games.

CoF did that horribly. You shoot a gookfucker 5 times in the face and they shrug it off like it's nothing. That's not cool, or scary. It's retarded.

Hard to be terrified by a game that presents a teenager's idea of "disturbing" and "scary" content. Like you walk into the apartment area ten minutes into the game and there's a pedo babyrapist murderer cannibal with a SAW torture basement unattached to any other part of the plot leaving scary notes for you and if you're an adult realizing how fucking dumb and tryhard that whole deal is will bring you out of the game too much to be immersed.

I uninstalled CoF after it used a literal screamer.

This is a good example of "first post, best post".

So am I not suppose to fight the enemies near the beginning of cry of fear?

I'm knifing the shit out of them but end up getting killed

did you even play the game?

this. Cry Of Fear is like the most abrasive parts of SH1 and 3 with none of the subtlety.

>pewdiwpie when they were 12
That makes them still underage

Yeah, Simon's having a completely original and not totally tired and cliche internal struggle in the form of a fantasy/hallucination because he's a cripple and all of the enemies are metaphors for his physical and mental state of being a depressed suicidal cripple in a wheelchair that wants to die and that's also totally original and not cliche real good story 10/10 imscared.

It's like the abrasive parts of a made-for-teenagers 4 out of 10 on IMDB straight to video horror movie with a Silent Hill skin thrown over the top.

Ahh, i never got a chance to select difficulty and I think it picked a harder one so I have to restart

And into the trash it goes

mobile version is less dark and hard. PC old version is masterpiece again.

the story happens though cus his psychologist tries a new "cognitive treatment method" on him

So just make a blob monster?

scariest thing is that i watched the entire lowtax and shmorky playthrough

when the FUCK is the next chapter of underhell

pussy

never
:c

Which is just an explanation for the tired internal struggle cliche, it's still the same shitty cliche being handled in the most hamfisted, by-the-numbers manner possible. Like there's a slendyman book enemy and he's there because ohhh Simon keeps a journal as part of his treatment we're getting all metaphorical up in this bitch now we're good smart writers :^)

>tfw the perfect grey alien game in the works
>no updates for 8 months
>youtube.com/user/thotwisegames

It hurts to live. I've been waiting on a game like this since forever.

Cry of Fear is pretty creepy, still haven't beaten AoM but will try again today. desu, Cry of Fear Survival Levels are the only things I love about the game for the most part. The music is great and the way it's designed is fun as hell. Wish there was more to it though or if somebody could recreate it in Killing Floor 1 or 2.

Nah, blob is just funny.

I don't understand the hate for Cry of Fear other than it became popular with Let's Players. The story and coop are garbage but the game itself is really impressive for it being a HL mod. A lot of the atmosphere is really well done with good music and some of the monster designs are pretty unnerving. But I feel that a game being scary is incredibly subjective.

the game is incredibly impressive for an HL1 mod there are tons of things wrong with it beyond just being popular with LPers. The combat and level design are awful, there is abhorrent backtracking, some incredibly cheap jump scares, the story sucks and the whole thing is just an off-brand Silent Hill. There is nothing CoF offers that SH1-4 doesn't do a million times better.

fuck off cocyx no one cares.
you're just a pretentious, autistic furfag

>Cocyx
>Giving a shit about Cry of Fear
He ran the best AoM:DC servers and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Rest in peace.

You're the fuckin' man. I love you.

Also this.

Cry of Fear and AoM both suffered from the game blowing its load on the first area. I just liked AoM better than CoF after the first area. I've played AoM so many times it hurts, where as I've played CoF maybe four times. It's a shame most of the custom content is low effort trash or super jumpscare intensive, even moreso than the base game.

I fucking love AoM, goddamnit.

actually its a half life 1 mod
you know, that game that's twice your age